|Quoting Vikkyvik (Reply 79):|
After all, if the OP's story doesn't add up due to some inconsistencies or what-have-you, I'd say yours doesn't either.
Right. My story does not add up. Denver is not in Larimer County. Now my credibility is shattered.
So why don't we turn to the original poster's (UAL747DEN) credibility? If you want to believe his story, that of course is your prerogative. You are also free to believe the Nigerian prince who sends you an e-mail asking you for money in return for a share of his inheritance. But how about applying the same critical thinking skills that led you to call me out about my mistake that Denver is in Larimer County to UAL747DEN's story? Here are some questions to ask:
1. UAL747DEN claims to live in Loveland, Colorado. There are at least five video rental stores in Loveland and several more in nearby towns. Why did UAL747DEN's wife drive fourteen miles to Milliken, Colorado when there are many more video rental stores that are closer?
2. Why does a search of the Internet reveals that there are no video rental stores in Milliken?
3. Why would a video rental store allow a woman to open a rental account in another person's name when the standard practice is to require a form of identification matching the person opening the account?
4. Did UAL747DEN watch the video with his wife? Why didn't he ask where she rented it? Why didn't he offer to return it? Why didn't he notice it in his house for 33 days?
5. Why didn't the video rental store send late-return notices to UAL747DEN (in whose name his wife supposedly opened the account)? If the video rental store did send late-return notices, why didn't UAL747DEN attend to them?
6. Why didn't the video rental store simply charge UAL747DEN for the video when it wasn't returned?
7. If the theft of rental property charge was filed three years ago, why wasn't UAL747DEN picked up on the warrant then?
8. Surely there have been other people who have returned late videos at the rental store in question. Why weren't arrest warrants ever issued for them? Why was UAL747DEN singled out?
9. UAL747DEN claims to have had several security clearance checks since the warrant was issued. Why didn't any of those checks indicate an outstanding warrant?
10. What led the Weld and Larimer County authorities to pick up someone on a three year-old misdemeanor warrant?
11. Why does the booking sheet indicate the suspect is Hispanic when UAL747DEN's YouTube videos indicate he is Caucasian?
12. UAL747DEN claims to be an upper-management employee of United Airlines. Do his YouTube videos suggest that he would fit that profile?
13. Why hasn't UAL747DEN done something to make sure other innocent people aren't caught up in this trap? He certainly has time to post his drama here.
14. A.netters in other threads have questioned UAL747DEN's credibility on other matters. Why is he recognized in other threads as someone who has difficulty telling the truth?
You state that UAL747DEN's "story doesn't add up due to some inconsistencies" and neither does mine because I stated erroneously that Denver is Larimer County. So why can't we stipulate that I was wrong that Denver is in Larimer County and that UAL747DEN is not telling the truth about his alleged arrest? Now that we have stipulated that UAL747DEN is not telling the truth about his alleged arrest (you state yourself that his "story doesn't add up"), then why on earth do you still believe it? You didn't believe me that Denver is in Larimer County (I was WRONG), so why do you continue to believe UAL747DEN?