Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Maverick623

RE: I Was Arrested!

Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:17 am

Quoting UAL747DEN (Thread starter):
I do so while screaming back that this is a mistake and ask him what he is doing and why he is at my house.

Mistake. Comply, and wait until you're in cuffs before talking.

about 3 years old. I am told that there is no bond

No bond for a misdemeanor theft? That's really surprising.

Quoting Airstud (Reply 20):
(let alone draw their guns at you)

Cops can draw their guns anytime they feel they need to. Serving a warrant is definitely one of those times.

Quoting UAL747DEN (Reply 42):
You know the worst part of this is that I NEVER stepped one foot into this video store!

How were they supposed to know that?

Quoting UAL747DEN (Reply 47):
He told me that all he knew was that it was a Class 2 Misdemeanor warrant and he was doing what he called a warrant check. I think it is SOP to hold all suspects at gunpoint who are going to be arrested until you have another officer to "cover you".

May be their department's policy to do that.

Oh, and that's a beef I have with our current system. Cops should verify and get the exact details of a warrant. Otherwise it makes it way too easy to make something up.

Quoting UAL747DEN (Reply 47):
was "housed" with several people I had read about in the paper on previous days and my "cell mate" was one that I had been reading about for raping a young college student.

I call shenanigans. Sex offenders are generally never put in with the general population, for their own safety.

Quoting Ken777 (Reply 52):
I'd have your lawyer get his legal fees from the shop owner, or file a complaint of false arrest to let the shop see the other side of the coin.

Indeed, you do have a very good civil case here.
"PHX is Phoenix, PDX is the other city" -777Way

baroque

Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:27 am

Quoting NA (Reply 45):
To point a gun on someone who´s wife forgot to return a video is so utterly over the top I cant help to call the responsible policeman a stupid idiot who should be reprimanded. And the court is guilty of grossly exaggerating a non-event.

Quoting Revelation (Reply 46):
Quoting Cpd (Reply 24):
Guns drawn and aggressive attitude seems completely pointless in this respect.

I guess you forget that much of the US population is armed, no?

I guess that is why you all feel so safe in the US. Oh wait, it seems you all don't feel all that safe and the murder rates seem to give support for being scared ****less.

Hmmm. Makes our wallopers seem positively friendly does it not Cpd and I and a German colleague had a really nice chat with a motor cycle policeman last month in Potsdam asking advice how to get to a hotel that we could all see was besieged by roadworks. He was quite funny and admitted he did not know how to get there either - said hotel being clearly visible from where we were talking. Then again, he did not offer to shoot his way through the road works, so maybe poor service (NOT).

757MDE

Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:47 am

Quoting FlyMIA (Reply 56):
ANY? Yea I am sure police officers in Colombia

Never seen the police doing such things here, as flawed as they may be.
If, for example, you came at four o'clock in the afternoon, then at three o'clock I shall begin to have existential angst because you nag as hell. www.alpharamirez.com

PanHAM

Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:37 am

uoting Prebennorholm (Reply 15):
In any other country a policeman would have called you on the phone and asked you what was the issue, and told you that he would send you a fine ticket in case you didn't prove that you had not intentionally stolen a video film.

ANY? Yea I am sure police officers in Colombia, China, Cuba all would have done that?

well, then let's say most other countries. Forgetting to return a rental video here in Germany would not be followed by the police with a criminal charge anyhow. The rental store can get a court order for payment and if the amount is not paid it is a case for the bailiff, not for the police.

The bailiff can ask for police assistance if the debtor turns out to be aggressive.

Everyone who is saying the cops should not have had guns ready to use are being completely naive.

or lives in Europe.

Wink

Before someone comes up again and claim me beeing anti American., No, I'm not, on the contrary, but when i read stories like this I am glad that I live in relative security in central Europe, where this stoiry or similar ones never could happen.

Getting arrested , hand-cuffed and spend time in prison for 10 Bucks is absoluteley insane. Here, even shop-lifters caught on the spot are released from the shop's back office after police has registered their identiy and adress. They get a one year ban for the shop, have to pay the costs to the shop and the DA dismisses the case without hearing.
Was Erlauben Erdogan!!!

OA260

Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:03 pm

What a crazy and frightening story. Glad the Irish and UK laws are far more advanced in dealing with such minor oversights.

PacNWjet

Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:52 pm

I remain unconvinced the story unfolded as the OP has told it. The OP claims to have been taken to the Loveland Police Department so I will assume he lives in or near Loveland, Colorado. He also claims that the warrant for theft of rental property was charged in Milliken, Colorado and that it was based on a late rental from a video rental store.

I have now spent some time researching on the Internet and what I come up with is there are at least five video rental stores in Loveland and several more in surrounding towns such as Longmont, Johnstown, and Fort Collins. Furthermore, try as I might I cannot find any listing for video rental stores in Milliken. So what we are being told is that the OP's wife drove fourteen miles from Loveland (where there already are at least five video rental stores) to Milliken where there are no business listings for video rental. The OP says the warrant was issued three years ago, so let's just say for the sake of the argument that there was a video rental store in Milliken three years ago but it is now closed. Then why on earth would the warrant still be active?

The OP has posted some legal documents pertaining to detention and vacation of charges. Fine. But something is being left out of the story because the facts as told do not add up.

Edited for grammar.

[Edited 2009-12-14 09:54:01]

PacNWjet

Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:46 pm

And here's something else I don't understand: How come the OP hasn't taken this story to the news division of one of the local television stations in Denver? This is the type of story local news broadcasts love to cover:

"When we come back after the break, we'll have the story of a Loveland man who was arrested for a late DVD rental. You won't believe what the police have to say when we confronted them with the story. Stay with KCNC channel 4, your Rocky Mountain news leader!"

Local TV news reporters make their bones reporting human interest stories like this one where law enforcement malfeasance and/or ineptitude and/or incompetence can be exposed. This story is tailor-made for local TV stations looking for an "I can't believe it" story. If the OP really is telling the entire story in his post, he should take it to the local TV stations in Denver immediately.

vikkyvik

Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:01 pm

Quoting PacNWjet (Reply 62):

Quoting PacNWjet (Reply 63):

And you said Denver was in Larimer County, and never actually posted that you were wrong and/or apologized to the OP for it.

Hey, if we're going to poke holes in one person's post, may as well include everyone!

If the OP really is telling the entire story in his post, he should take it to the local TV stations in Denver immediately.

Why? Not everyone cares about getting on TV. Not everyone wants to drag public servants' names through the mud, for what really amounted to pretty minor stuff. Why not just let it go?
I'm watching Jeopardy. The category is worst Madonna songs. "This one from 1987 is terrible".

planespotting

Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:24 pm

Quoting PacNWjet (Reply 62):
The OP says the warrant was issued three years ago, so let's just say for the sake of the argument that there was a video rental store in Milliken three years ago but it is now closed. Then why on earth would the warrant still be active?

Um - last time I checked, criminal warrants aren't tied to a place of business being open, even if a place of business is the reason for the warrant.

"When we come back after the break, we'll have the story of a Loveland man who was arrested for a late DVD rental. You won't believe what the police have to say when we confronted them with the story. Stay with KCNC channel 4, your Rocky Mountain news leader!"

If they really wanted to tease it right, here's how it would sound:

Spend the night in jail - next to a sex offender - for returning your DVD late? You won't believe it, but it could happen to you. Find out how when we return.
Do you like movies about gladiators?

PacNWjet

Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:05 pm

Quoting Planespotting (Reply 65):
If they really wanted to tease it right, here's how it would sound:

Spend the night in jail - next to a sex offender - for returning your DVD late? You won't believe it, but it could happen to you. Find out how when we return.

Precisely my point. If it could happen to anyone in the exact way the OP has stated, we would have heard about it someplace other than an aviation hobbyist website.

Quoting Vikkyvik (Reply 64):
Why? Not everyone cares about getting on TV. Not everyone wants to drag public servants' names through the mud, for what really amounted to pretty minor stuff.

Local news reporters routinely check police blotters for oddball cases like the one the OP alleges to have happened. The OP need not have brought it to the attention of local reporters who live for this sort of story because it allows them to shove a microphone in local officials' faces asking how something like this could happen.

Quoting Vikkyvik (Reply 64):
Why not just let it go?

Exactly; why not let it go? Why waste time posting about it in an aviation hobbyist website where there is no one with any authority to make sure something like this never happens again? Why not bring it to public attention, unless of course the story is not exactly as the OP states it?

vikkyvik

Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:31 am

Quoting PacNWjet (Reply 66):
Local news reporters routinely check police blotters for oddball cases like the one the OP alleges to have happened. The OP need not have brought it to the attention of local reporters who live for this sort of story because it allows them to shove a microphone in local officials' faces asking how something like this could happen.

OK, but that's not what you said:

How come the OP hasn't taken this story to the news division of one of the local television stations in Denver?

If the OP really is telling the entire story in his post, he should take it to the local TV stations in Denver immediately.

------------

Quoting PacNWjet (Reply 66):
Why waste time posting about it in an aviation hobbyist website where there is no one with any authority to make sure something like this never happens again?

Using that measure, 99.9% of the posts on this site are wastes of time.

May as well shut down the site, no?
I'm watching Jeopardy. The category is worst Madonna songs. "This one from 1987 is terrible".

WestJetForLife

Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:57 am

UAL, let me tell you a story.

Last December, I was driving my (now dead) car around Calgary, playing designated driver for two friends. One had one too many and the other had smoked marijuana before getting into my car.

Now, I was driving along Center St. off of 61st Ave. (for those YYCers who know where it is, near Chinook Center) and I see this police car following me. He turns his lights on, asks me to pull over, right? I'm slightly nervous (last time a cop car was following me was when my godfather, a CPS officer, pulled an evil prank on me when I got my license at 18) but I don't let it bother me. I was thinking, okay, probably just a random traffic stop. It's a Saturday night and they're just being cautious, esp. near a strip joint.

Officer asks for the usual: license, registration, insurance...then he asks me to step out of the car. Reason being is he smelled the odor of marijuana coming from my friend and thought I was driving impaired. Okay, fine. A couple minutes later, another officer, a DRE (Drug Recognition something-or-other) cop pulls up and asks for a field sobriety test. Suffice it to say, I pass and I'm given my papers back and told to go sit in my car.

Buddy reeking of marijuana, however, is asked to step out of the car and is questioned. Turns out that he had a warrant out for his arrest for drug possession and intent to deal, is put in handcuffs and sent to jail for the night. Other buddy is also asked to step out of car, as he appears "less than well" as the officer said, I believe.

Buddy number one is making a major scene, calling the cops "filthy, dirty donut-batter pigs", while buddy number two is simply drunk and wants to go home. The two officers not dealing with buddy number one release the both of us, tell us to 'drive safe' and 'never allow people to get high before getting into your car.'

So, there you go, hope that made you feel better. I was terrified of A: losing my license and B: getting a drug conviction.
I need a drink.

flymia

Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:07 am

Quoting OA260 (Reply 61):
What a crazy and frightening story. Glad the Irish and UK laws are far more advanced in dealing with such minor oversights.

It is not like this happens every day, I have never of heard of something like this. Most places will just charge you a huge amount of money if you do not return the dvd rental. As some here has said before this story is a bit fishy and I can garuantee there are some parts being left out.
"It was just four of us on the flight deck, trying to do our job" (Captain Al Haynes)

Zone1

Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:07 am

You can now be in NBC's new pilot, Law and Order: Video Rental Unit.
/// U N I T E D

aero145

Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:04 pm

Quoting WestJetForLife (Reply 68):

And your point is?  confused 

offloaded

Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:53 pm

Quoting Zone1 (Reply 71):

Now that was funny.

Quoting Aero145 (Reply 72):
And your point is?

He's just saying that CPS are alright. And they are. Years ago I was running for a bus in YYC totally unaware that a nearby TD bank had been robbed. Cops grabbed me, but soon worked out I wasn't the guy they were looking for. So asked me where I was going, then they put me in the back of the police car and caught the bus up, hit the lights and pulled the bus over. Whilst I appreciated not missing the bus and therefore being late for school, I was about as embarrassed as it gets.
To no one will we sell, or deny, or delay, right or justice - Magna Carta, 1215

aero145

Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:40 pm

Quoting Offloaded (Reply 73):
He's just saying that CPS are alright. And they are. Years ago I was running for a bus in YYC totally unaware that a nearby TD bank had been robbed. Cops grabbed me, but soon worked out I wasn't the guy they were looking for. So asked me where I was going, then they put me in the back of the police car and caught the bus up, hit the lights and pulled the bus over. Whilst I appreciated not missing the bus and therefore being late for school, I was about as embarrassed as it gets.

CPS? Police officers? Now I at least understand what he meant - and I do know, that the ”CPS” are many not bad at all.

BMI727

Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:14 pm

Quoting Maverick623 (Reply 50):
Cops can draw their guns anytime they feel they need to. Serving a warrant is definitely one of those times.

Exactly. I don't think I ever remember hearing a story where I thought that the cop was not justified in drawing his weapon, and quite frankly there probably isn't a situation where a cop is not justified in drawing his sidearm.
Why do Aerospace Engineering students have to turn things in on time?

Revelation

Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:08 am

Quoting PacNWjet (Reply 59):
. If it could happen to anyone in the exact way the OP has stated, we would have heard about it someplace other than an aviation hobbyist website.

Right. The media is perfect, and they could not possibly miss this juicy story.

Right. The media is perfect, and they could not possibly miss this juicy story.

Exactly; why not let it go? Why waste time posting about it in an aviation hobbyist website where there is no one with any authority to make sure something like this never happens again? Why not bring it to public attention, unless of course the story is not exactly as the OP states it?

Because a very bizarre thing happened to him and he wanted to share it with our group?

I'm glad he shared it, and a bit surprised at your circumspect attitude.
Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world
The heart has its beaches, its homeland and thoughts of its own
Wake now, discover that you are the song that the morning brings
The heart has its seasons, its evenings and songs of its own

WestJetForLife

Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:45 am

Quoting Aero145 (Reply 64):
And your point is?

My point is that not all cops come at you, guns drawn, even if there is reputable evidence against you.

The three officers who conducted the roadside investigation could have EASILY arrested me for impaired driving or drug charges without taking the time to perform a field sobriety test, sent me down to the District Six Offices, and assume I had been smoking marijuana and operating a motor vehicle under the influence of a controlled substance.

Instead, it had a positive outcome. I just wanted to share my story.
I need a drink.

Jalap

Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:10 pm

Another step closer to "Brazil" (the movie by Terry Gilliam)!

JAL

Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:39 pm

OMG! I At least it works out for you!
Work Hard But Play Harder

Type-Rated

Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:42 pm

What is so strange is that you didn't mention if you received any phone calls from the rental store about your movies being late. Or why didn't you receive any letters from the store or even a collection agency inquiring about the movies. Has it been three years since you rented a movie?
Most video stores use a system like Tele-check to see if you have any other outstanding movies from any other video store before issuing you a membership card. And most video stores would not issue a membership card in a husbands name without the husband being present. They need the drivers license number, and they need to see the license as wel.

Once we went on a vacation without returning two rented movies first. There were several calls on the answering machine and a few "did you forget us" post cards in the mail when we returned.
We just took the movies back, explained the situation, paid $15.00 each in late fees and that was the end of it.

Hate to say it, but your story if too full of drama.
Fly North Central Airlines..The route of the Northliners!

rolypolyman

Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:18 am

The funny thing is if the video rental store borrowed the OP's drill and didn't return it, and you try complaining to the cops, they'll shrug and tell you (rightly) that it's a civil matter. This is indeed what civil courts, credit bureaus, and Judge Wapner is for. I live in a neighboring state and can't believe this Gestapo style law enforcement story. Colorado clearly has its priorities screwed up.

LoneStarMike

Fri Dec 18, 2009 4:16 am

Unfortunately for me this guy was truly crazy

And apparently, so are you  Big grin

I was scared to death the entire time.

He was probably more scared of you than you were of him.  Wink

LoneStarMike

NWAESC

Sat Dec 19, 2009 2:07 am

Quoting Type-Rated (Reply 72):
...your story if too full of drama.

checkmark   checkmark   checkmark 

Yep.
"Nothing ever happens here, " I said. "I just wait."

cwapilot

Sat Dec 19, 2009 3:06 am

Quoting OA260 (Reply 54):
What a crazy and frightening story. Glad the Irish and UK laws are far more advanced in dealing with such minor oversights

Quoting PanHAM (Reply 53):
central Europe, where this stoiry or similar ones never could happen.

Quoting Baroque (Reply 51):
I guess that is why you all feel so safe in the US

Quoting Prebennorholm (Reply 13):
This is fantastic.

I have heard a lot of stories about how police works in the US, and never belived them. But if this is true, then I may have to accept some of the other stories as well.

Is it also true that, in your mythical lands, excrement does not stink, and everyone holds hands skipping next to the chocolate river under the lollipop trees?

Seriously, some of you will take any excuse to jump the idiot train of America bashing. I can reassure you that this is an unusual occurrence in the United States, and I can also assure you that equally absurd things can and do happen in your countries.
Southside Irish...our two teams are the White Sox and whoever plays the Cubs!

PacNWjet

Sat Dec 19, 2009 3:50 am

Quoting Cwapilot (Reply 76):
Seriously, some of you will take any excuse to jump the idiot train of America bashing. I can reassure you that this is an unusual occurrence in the United States, and I can also assure you that equally absurd things can and do happen in your countries.

And we can now add that the OP's story did not happen. In Reply 33 the OP posts a booking sheet. Look carefully at the booking sheet. The ethnicity of the defendant is listed as "H" for Hispanic. Now look at the YouTube videos LoneStarMike links to in Reply 74. The OP (UAL747DEN) is clearly Caucasian. You might also do a search on UAL747DEN in other forums. In just about every instance he is called out by other a.netters as a prevaricator. I have already ripped his original story to shreds. There is no video store in Milliken, Colorado, video stores do not allow people to open accounts in other people's names (which would pretty much guarantee that videos would be stolen), and the OP would have had countless occasions to return a late DVD before anyone would file theft charges. Furthermore, are we really supposed to believe that three years after the charges were filed the Weld County officials just all of a sudden filed a request with authorities in a neighboring county to pick up someone on a petty misdemeanor charge? There is no way the story is true and if you search for UAL747DEN in other forums you will see that very little if anything he has to say is believed by anyone.

[Edited 2009-12-18 19:52:42]

Stealthz

Sat Dec 19, 2009 5:41 am

Quoting PacNWjet (Reply 77):
if you search for UAL747DEN in other forums you will see that very little if anything he has to say is believed by anyone.

I am shattered, you mean he doesn't frequent tanning salons and have botox treatments?
If your camera sends text messages, that could explain why your photos are rubbish!....well that might have changed!!!

vikkyvik

Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:37 am

Quoting PacNWjet (Reply 77):
And we can now add that the OP's story did not happen. In Reply 33 the OP posts a booking sheet. Look carefully at the booking sheet. The ethnicity of the defendant is listed as "H" for Hispanic. Now look at the YouTube videos LoneStarMike links to in Reply 74. The OP (UAL747DEN) is clearly Caucasian.

Dude. My girlfriend looks completely Caucasian. But she's Mexican.

So along with stating that Denver is in Larimer County, you've now poked a hole in your argument a 2nd tme.

After all, if the OP's story doesn't add up due to some inconsistencies or what-have-you, I'd say yours doesn't either.

PacNWjet

Sat Dec 19, 2009 5:23 pm

Quoting Vikkyvik (Reply 79):
After all, if the OP's story doesn't add up due to some inconsistencies or what-have-you, I'd say yours doesn't either.

Right. My story does not add up. Denver is not in Larimer County. Now my credibility is shattered.

So why don't we turn to the original poster's (UAL747DEN) credibility? If you want to believe his story, that of course is your prerogative. You are also free to believe the Nigerian prince who sends you an e-mail asking you for money in return for a share of his inheritance. But how about applying the same critical thinking skills that led you to call me out about my mistake that Denver is in Larimer County to UAL747DEN's story? Here are some questions to ask:

1. UAL747DEN claims to live in Loveland, Colorado. There are at least five video rental stores in Loveland and several more in nearby towns. Why did UAL747DEN's wife drive fourteen miles to Milliken, Colorado when there are many more video rental stores that are closer?

2. Why does a search of the Internet reveals that there are no video rental stores in Milliken?

3. Why would a video rental store allow a woman to open a rental account in another person's name when the standard practice is to require a form of identification matching the person opening the account?

4. Did UAL747DEN watch the video with his wife? Why didn't he ask where she rented it? Why didn't he offer to return it? Why didn't he notice it in his house for 33 days?

5. Why didn't the video rental store send late-return notices to UAL747DEN (in whose name his wife supposedly opened the account)? If the video rental store did send late-return notices, why didn't UAL747DEN attend to them?

6. Why didn't the video rental store simply charge UAL747DEN for the video when it wasn't returned?

7. If the theft of rental property charge was filed three years ago, why wasn't UAL747DEN picked up on the warrant then?

8. Surely there have been other people who have returned late videos at the rental store in question. Why weren't arrest warrants ever issued for them? Why was UAL747DEN singled out?

9. UAL747DEN claims to have had several security clearance checks since the warrant was issued. Why didn't any of those checks indicate an outstanding warrant?

10. What led the Weld and Larimer County authorities to pick up someone on a three year-old misdemeanor warrant?

11. Why does the booking sheet indicate the suspect is Hispanic when UAL747DEN's YouTube videos indicate he is Caucasian?

12. UAL747DEN claims to be an upper-management employee of United Airlines. Do his YouTube videos suggest that he would fit that profile?

13. Why hasn't UAL747DEN done something to make sure other innocent people aren't caught up in this trap? He certainly has time to post his drama here.

14. A.netters in other threads have questioned UAL747DEN's credibility on other matters. Why is he recognized in other threads as someone who has difficulty telling the truth?

You state that UAL747DEN's "story doesn't add up due to some inconsistencies" and neither does mine because I stated erroneously that Denver is Larimer County. So why can't we stipulate that I was wrong that Denver is in Larimer County and that UAL747DEN is not telling the truth about his alleged arrest? Now that we have stipulated that UAL747DEN is not telling the truth about his alleged arrest (you state yourself that his "story doesn't add up"), then why on earth do you still believe it? You didn't believe me that Denver is in Larimer County (I was WRONG), so why do you continue to believe UAL747DEN?

F9Animal

Sun Dec 20, 2009 4:10 pm

THE THEFT:
My wife used a movie rental card she got in my name and forgot to return the movies ontime. The were returned 33 days late and in this time a warrant was issued. I never knew anything about it because I never had any kind of contact with the police.

If the movies were returned 33 days late, it no longer qualifies as theft. I have worked in the Loss Prevention industry for years, and I know 110% that you were falsely arrested. I would talk to your attorney about having the company that reported the theft sued. I think the company needs to be taught a lesson.

Sorry to hear about what happened. It must have been humiliating, and embarrassing. I also question why the cops would even pull their weapons on such a minor issue? If you had robbed the movie store, I could see them being extra cautious. However, pulling a firearm on someone because of being 33 days late on returning a movie?

I better get my video back to the store. I fear I might get killed by police over late charges! LOL!
I Am A Different Animal!!

itsjustme

Mon Dec 21, 2009 2:56 am

Quoting PacNWjet (Reply 23):
The whole story makes no sense whatsoever.

checkmark 
Especially the part where the OP had no idea an arrest warrant existed. If I had a dollar for every time I've heard that, I'd be retired and living in Rio.

Quoting PPVRA (Reply 31):
the cops are abusive pigs.

Quoting PPVRA (Reply 31):
I'm more inclined to believe a citizen.

Given your previous statement, why am I not surprised.

Quoting JetsGo (Reply 34):
Thank you for providing some evidence.

I don't see anything substantiating the OP's claims. The thread title and the OP's opening narrative give the impression this was a recent arrest yet the most recent date I see on the "evidence" provided is 9/2/09.

I'm not ready to call the OP a liar but, at the very least, there are some facts surrounding the alleged incident that are being omitted.

vikkyvik

Mon Dec 21, 2009 3:00 am

Quoting PacNWjet (Reply 80):
So why don't we turn to the original poster's (UAL747DEN) credibility?

Mostly because I don't really care if his story is true or not. It affects my life not at all.

I just figure, if you're going to go out of your way to point out holes in his story, it's probably a good idea to get yours straight as well.

Braniff747SP

Mon Dec 21, 2009 3:50 pm

Quoting PacNWjet (Reply 80):

15. His YouTube's profile says he is 27. (And, judging by his videos, seems belivable) How can a senior exec. for an airline be 27? And putting a plastic glove over his head?
The 747 will always be the TRUE queen of the skies!

NASCARAirforce

Sat Dec 26, 2009 5:41 pm

Quoting OA412 (Reply 4):
If there is an active warrant out for your arrest and the cops come a knocking, you'd better believe that slamming the door in his face and telling him to get off your property is not going to be your smartest move.

Damn, I was thinking of doing the Ice-T type thing and being a Cop Killa instead.

Maverick623

Sat Dec 26, 2009 6:20 pm

Quoting NASCARAirforce (Reply 85):
Ice-T type thing

Oh.... the irony.
"PHX is Phoenix, PDX is the other city" -777Way