Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

thegreatRDU
Topic Author

Tiger And Elin Will Divorce

Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:20 pm

http://news.lalate.com/2009/12/13/tiger-woods-divorce/
“LATEST UPDATE - Tiger and Elin Woods are reportedly getting divorce. Tiger and Elin will divorce after the holidays as alleged mistresses continue to line up says a new shocking report.
Elin Woods is reportedly keeping the marriage seemingly together through the holidays for the sake of their children, but after Christmas will end it all, divorcing Tiger Woods in what is expected to be the largest divorce proceeding of 2010, perhaps even this decade.”

http://wcbstv.com/sports/tiger.woods.affair.2.1346199.html
"US Weekly has reported the couple has a prenuptial agreement worth $300 million, which would make this the most expensive celebrity divorce in history. Right now, Michael Jordan holds that record when his wife, Juanita, received an estimated $150 million settlement.
Relationship coach Dr. Anne Renee Testa is hoping the couple can work it out and said a sincere apology is an important first step."

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusive...-woods-wife-talking-divorce-lawyer
"Elin Nordegren wants the holiday to appear normal for the couple’s two children but will separate from Tiger quickly in the new year.
Britain’s News of the World cites anonymous sources for its report that claims Elin will move back to Sweden quickly after the holidays. The article also contends that Elin is no longer in a rush to file divorce papers and that money is not her prime concern."

Let's also talk about Tiger's home-wrecking....mistresses...Jamie Grubbs did so many interviews clearly she's after the attention...look at her wiping away a non existent tear...
http://www.cnn.com/video/#
Our Returning Champion

airtran737

Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:55 pm

Now Tiger and Derek Jeter can team up and be pimps of the nation for the next decade. Tiger will have to win a few tournaments to pay off that pre-nup
Nice Trip Report!!! Great Pics, thanks for posting!!!! B747Forever

mham001

Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:56 pm

Quoting ThegreatRDU (Thread starter):
...look at her wiping away a non existent tear...

Let's not.

NIKV69

Sun Dec 13, 2009 4:11 pm

Quoting AirTran737 (Reply 1):
Now Tiger and Derek Jeter can team up and be pimps of the nation for the next decade. Tiger will have to win a few tournaments to pay off that pre-nup

You obviously don't know how much he is wirth huh? That is a spit in the bucket.

As for him and Jeter, damn can you imagine?
90 Day Fiancé has taught me that Russian woman are excellent.

thegreatRDU
Topic Author

Sun Dec 13, 2009 4:13 pm

Quoting Mham001 (Reply 2):
Let's not.

Disgusting isn't it?
Our Returning Champion

Revelation

Sun Dec 13, 2009 5:13 pm

"US Weekly has reported the couple has a prenuptial agreement worth $300 million, which would make this the most expensive celebrity divorce in history. Right now, Michael Jordan holds that record when his wife, Juanita, received an estimated $150 million settlement.
Relationship coach Dr. Anne Renee Testa is hoping the couple can work it out and said a sincere apology is an important first step."

I hope they can patch things up, but something tells me Elin has a zero tolerance policy for cheating.

Actually, her work with the golf club definitely tells me she has a zero tolerance policy!

As someone said on another site, "Show me a guy with a hot wife, and I'll show you a guy who's tired of banging her!". Too bad, Tiger, that sweet young thing is gonna take your $300M and hit the highway. You may be able to do better than her next time, but you better have another $300M ready for when you get sick of her too!
Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world
The heart has its beaches, its homeland and thoughts of its own
Wake now, discover that you are the song that the morning brings
The heart has its seasons, its evenings and songs of its own

Aaron747

Sun Dec 13, 2009 5:48 pm

Quoting Revelation (Reply 5):
You may be able to do better than her next time, but you better have another $300M ready for when you get sick of her too!

Or do the smart thing - next time, get with a woman who can accept that exclusivity is not going to be part of the marriage picture.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty

CaliAtenza

Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:12 pm

Quoting Aaron747 (Reply 6):

Or do the smart thing - next time, get with a woman who can accept that exclusivity is not going to be part of the marriage picture.

or do the smartest thing..stay single for as long as you can, when u get tired of all the young'ens, settle down with the hottest cougar u can find.  Smile

StarAC17

Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:45 am

As someone said on another site, "Show me a guy with a hot wife, and I'll show you a guy who's tired of banging her!".

From what I have heard TMZ, ET, CNN, Fox, the golf channel etc. he may not have got enough of it from her and also that he was kind of a freak in bed and liked to do crazy things.

Your statement still remains very true though.
Engineers Rule The World!!!!!

kiwiinoz

Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:20 am

something tells me Elin has a zero tolerance policy for cheating

A zero tolerance policy is not even required in this case. The guy shagged 10, (at least), other girls. Even if Elin was a swinger she would probably be divorcing him!

He's lucky she is so tolerant. If it were my wife, I can assure you that I would have had a meeting with some hedge trimmers in the middle of the night.

Moose135

Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:21 am

There's an old story often attributed to golfer Lee Trevino - upon seeing a beautiful woman at the bar following a round of golf, he commented to his group "You know, someone somewhere is tired of that.”
KC-135 - Passing gas and taking names!

ltbewr

Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:32 am

I suspect that a divorce is the best way out for all parties. Money won't be the issue, even after Tiger gives up many millions he will still be richer than anybody in sport. For Elin, it means she can move on. I suspect any divorce deal will be done privately and have to make special arrangements to deal with the children as Elin is not a USA citizen while the children are.

Even if he divorces, Tiger Woods should not go back to chasing women or allow them to catch him. He should find new friends, no more visits to Vegas, get some bodyguards, live the life of a celebate monk and keep out of papparzzi's camera eye for many months. He needs to mature, get a mentor to take the place of his father, realize he is losing money for himself and many others by his selfish ways. He also must concetrate on his job, playing golf better than anyone else today.

StarAC17

Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:48 am

Quoting KiwiinOz (Reply 9):
If it were my wife, I can assure you that I would have had a meeting with some hedge trimmers in the middle of the night.

Well as far as we know she knows how to use a driver better than him  Wink

In all seriousness he is probably hiding himself because if he shows himself in public the police will charge his wife with assault and battery whether or not Tiger wants them to or not. I heard that he got teeth knocked out as well when this whole mess started.

OlegShv

Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:53 am

Why do people give a s**t about his private life?

thegreatRDU
Topic Author

Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:54 am

Quoting OlegShv (Reply 13):

Maybe because he is the greatest golfer of all time...and was one of the most recognizable and marketable athletes on Earth....maybe because he was the richest person in sport.....maybe because he had endorsements up the a$$
Our Returning Champion

thegreatRDU
Topic Author

Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:03 pm

Related...
Accenture marks 1st sponsor to cut ties with Woods
http://www.forbes.com/feeds/ap/2009/...tiger-woods-accenture_7206992.html
In its first statement since the Woods' scandal erupted, Accenture said the golfer is "no longer the right representative" after the "circumstances of the last two weeks." The move ends a relationship during which the firm credited its "Go on, be a Tiger" campaign with boosting its image significantly.

"After careful consideration and analysis, the company has determined that he is no longer the right representative for its advertising," Accenture said, adding that "it wishes only the best for Tiger Woods and his family."
Our Returning Champion

solnabo

Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:16 pm

If I was Elin I would quote Ivana Trump:

- "Don´t get mad, get everything"

/ Mike  devil 
Airbus SAS - Love them both

thegreatRDU
Topic Author

Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:47 pm

Quoting Solnabo (Reply 16):
If I was Elin I would quote Ivana Trump:

- "Don´t get mad, get everything"

wow...Isn't Elin from old money herself?
Our Returning Champion

BigOrange

Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:21 pm

Now Tiger and Derek Jeter can team up and be pimps of the nation for the next decade.

Derek isn't married, he can do what he wants in life, but he chooses to put his money towards his foundation to help underprivileged children and not cheap sluts.

Kiwirob

Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:33 pm

I hope they can patch things up, but something tells me Elin has a zero tolerance policy for cheating.

If my wife had even cheated on me with one guy (let alone Tiger 13 and climbing total) she would be out the door, I know she would do the same with me.

Quoting LTBEWR (Reply 11):
I suspect that a divorce is the best way out for all parties. Money won't be the issue, even after Tiger gives up many millions he will still be richer than anybody in sport.

You think, it was reported way way back in 2005 by Eurobusiness magazine that Michael Schumacher was sports first billionaire, the Guardian reported it in 2006, boy we all have short memories, besides I think Schiumacher is probably the bigger star.

PC12Fan

Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:38 am

Quoting OlegShv (Reply 13):

Exactly. It just boggles my mind that people put so much emphasis on other peoples affairs when it will have absolutely no bearing on their life. Tiger's affairs won't pay their bills, Tiger's affairs won't make their lives better,
Tiger's affairs won't improve anything for them. Yet they put so much priority on someone else's life when they should be putting that effort to themselves.

It's nothing short of pathetic.
Just when I think you've said the stupidest thing ever, you keep talkin'!

thegreatRDU
Topic Author

Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:03 pm

Rumors that Tiger took steroids and he has a sex tape out.....
Our Returning Champion

dragon6172

Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:22 pm

Phrogs Phorever

thegreatRDU
Topic Author

Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:40 pm

Quoting Dragon6172 (Reply 22):

LOL

I heard he offered the mistress in the tape with him 5 mil for hush and to have it destroyed.....
Our Returning Champion

JRDC930

Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:51 am

GOOD!  bigthumbsup  Normally i hate gold diggers like her (which i consider any woman who marries a rich man), but Woods is an imoral scum bag! He cheated on his very hot wife, which is inexcusable. 300 million is nothing compared to his networth. If he really did care about his family he never would have cheated on his family. Cheaters deserve no forgivness, no mercy. Once a cheater always a cheater. Its not hard to keep your genitals under controll. I truly hope he looses all access to his children; maybe it will teach him its not okay to sleep around when your married. Im surprised she didnt divorce him earlier.  bigthumbsup  What an idiot; adultery is one of the few things that can void a good pre nup. Either way more power to her.
U.S. Legacy carriers,STILL leaders in lowering industry standards...

IADCA

Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:26 am

As Chris Rock once said, "a man is as faithful as his options."

thegreatRDU
Topic Author

Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:41 am

Quoting IADCA (Reply 26):
As Chris Rock once said, "a man is as faithful as his options."

again LOL

...Being married..it's tough.....she was hot but I guess he got tired of the same ol' same ol'...and maybe she wouldn't some things he was into....(after all that's the same mouth she kisses the kids goodnight with)
Our Returning Champion

StarAC17

RE: Tiger And Elin Will Divorce

Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:18 pm

Quoting JRDC930 (Reply 24):
Cheaters deserve no forgivness, no mercy. Once a cheater always a cheater. Its not hard to keep your genitals under controll

Maybe for you and the average Joe, but this guy is one of the top athletes in the world and probably has hundreds if not thousands of women trying to sleep with him anywhere he goes. There is only so much he can resist, remember women seek out men with confidence and power which is why this happens. Does that excuse his actions, absolutely not, but realize that he is a human being and we are sexual beings and the Jury is still out on whether or not be are actaully designed to be monogomous.

If this happened in Europe they would hardly make a big deal about this for two reasons. One being they have a respect for people's personal lives which in the US they have none at all, and the other being they they have evolved beyond the point that infedelity while not good is acceptable to do within a marriage.

Quoting JRDC930 (Reply 24):
What an idiot; adultery is one of the few things that can void a good pre nup. Either way more power to her.

I'm sure domestic violence doesn't look good either, remember this all started when Elin allegedly attacked Tiger physically and smashed out his car window. Also one thing is illegal and the other is not, both are not moral and don't look good when trying to win out in a divorce.

Remember Tiger can always turn around and decide to press charges against his wife for domestic violence and aggrivated assault and those offences carry possible jail time and usually always some form of probation.

Also in reality what behaviour is better for children a father who sleeps around or a hot-heeded mother who potentially could take a blunt object to her children if they push her over the edge when they become teenagers.

Hywel

Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:26 pm

If I was married to that gorgeous Swedish woman then I certainly wouldn't cheat on her!

dragon6172

Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:29 pm

Quoting Hywel (Reply 29):
If I was married to that gorgeous Swedish woman then I certainly wouldn't cheat on her!

Ya.. and if I did cheat it wouldn't be with a diner waitress!!
Phrogs Phorever

Kiwirob

Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:35 pm

Quoting StarAC17 (Reply 28):

If this happened in Europe they would hardly make a big deal about this for two reasons.

They are making a big deal about it, the revelation that he had an orgy with 15 hookers was splashed over a number of tabloids and even on one of the norwegian news channels.

Hell I gotta give him big ups for having a crack at 15 whores, I reckong I'd be hard pushed to properly service 5 in one go.

One being they have a respect for people's personal lives which in the US they have none at all

That's BS the UK tabloid press are pretty viscious, they are loving Tigers fall and are reporting every new girl them comes forward.

and the other being they they have evolved beyond the point that infedelity while not good is acceptable to do within a marriage.

Women are the same the world over they don't except cheating husbands, my Norwegian wife would chop my nuts off if I ever cheated and she found out.

Superfly

Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:12 pm

remember this all started when Elin allegedly attacked Tiger physically and smashed out his car window.

Remember Tiger can always turn around and decide to press charges against his wife for domestic violence and aggrivated assault and those offences carry possible jail time and usually always some form of probation.

checkmark 
Excellent point!
In fact, I hope he does sue her a$$. Also worth noting, it was his wife that wanted to downplay the whole incident at the very beginning.
That would be awesome if Tiger took her to court and won!
Men are always getting screwed over in divorce court. She was the aggressor, not Tiger.
Elin Woods was set for life since she married and had children with Tiger Woods. Never had to work another day for the rest of her life, live in a nice luxurious home and children going to the best schools because of her superstar celebrity husband. She should have expect her hubby to sleep around from time to time. It's the price you pay for being married to a superstar.
Bring back the Concorde

Ken777

Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:32 pm

Tiger will have to win a few tournaments to pay off that pre-nup

I read the pre-nup was $25 Million and Tiger is worth around Billion.

I don't think that will be a problem for her and I doubt if she will want too many parts of their marriage brought out in court.

The best deal for her is to get some fat trust funds for the kids. At least that would show her marriage wasn't about money in the first place.

Quoting KiwiRob (Reply 19):
besides I think Schiumacher is probably the bigger star.

Who?  Yeah sure

Revelation

Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:48 am

Quoting Superfly (Reply 32):
Men are always getting screwed over in divorce court.

Yes, and in this case, Tiger was doing the screwing everywhere else!
Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world
The heart has its beaches, its homeland and thoughts of its own
Wake now, discover that you are the song that the morning brings
The heart has its seasons, its evenings and songs of its own

thegreatRDU
Topic Author

Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:04 am

If this happened in Europe they would hardly make a big deal about this for two reasons. One being they have a respect for people's personal lives which in the US they have none at all, and the other being they they have evolved beyond the point that infedelity while not good is acceptable to do within a marriage.

Quoting Ken777 (Reply 34):
I read the pre-nup was $25 Million and Tiger is worth around Billion.

...try $300 million...

Men are always getting screwed over in divorce court. She was the aggressor, not Tiger.

Elin you wanna leave? Pack your things and go...why aren't you leaving now? So another twist can pop up so you can screw Tiger even more  dollarsign   dollarsign   dollarsign   dollarsign 
Our Returning Champion

jcs17

Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:16 am

Now Tiger and Derek Jeter can team up and be pimps of the nation for the next decade.

With respect to my man, Derek Jeter, he isn't married. I don't care if he nails fifty herpes-infected broads without a Ziploc while having a girlfriend.

However, slipping that ring on a girl's finger changes things. That ring pop means that you're committed. I just don't get it. I'm 26 and I haven't gotten "it" out of my system. "It" being the thrill of the chase and the conquest. I'm a fan of messing around with some girl I met at the bar. However, I think I'm enlightened enough to know when someone is worth something more.

That said, if he messed up and made one mistake and nailed some groupie during the tour, fine. He might've made an error in judgment. However, giving the tube steak to 14 different whores on 200 trysts is quite different than making a mistake.
America's chickens are coming home to rooooost!

mham001

Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:44 am

It seems Tiger's European wife would disagree with your assessment.

kiwiandrew

Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:00 pm

Let's also talk about Tiger's home-wrecking....mistresses...

The only people who can wreck a home are the ones living in it - if Mr and Mrs Woods marriage was in good shape it would have probably survived the occassional 'bit on the side' , other relationships have . The third parties themselves are not really relevant to the break up IMHO .

scbriml

Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:14 pm

As for Tiger pressing charges against a wronged wife (as perceived by the majority of the public)? Hmm, that would do his reputation (or what's left of it) the World of good.

Even if he stupidly did press charges, do you think they'd find a jury that would convict? I'd be amazed.

Personally, I'd say he's lucky to have escaped with his "club and balls" intact. wink 

In respect of the now-looking-certain divorce, I'd expect her to get as a minimum, half his earnings while they were married.
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!
There are 10 types of people in the World - those that understand binary and those that don't.

ltbewr

Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:19 pm

For the last 2 1/2 weeks, all we have have for sure in this matter is the report of his accident with the SUV. Beyond that, there are only rumours, mainly from alleged former women Tiger had sex with and limited statements from Tiger and his wife.

Tiger has clearly put up a iron-clad wall around his life, with anybody around or working with him as well as any family members having signed extensive confidentiality agreements probably with darconian penalties for anyone who disclosed anything without his permission. He seems to have tighter security than the President of the USA. Working as a legal assistant for law firms for over 30 years I have had to sign such confidentality agreements and well aware of the penalties they can have. That can include civil lawsuits to recover damages, that criminal penalities will be sought, you will lose all your money, it will be almost impossible to get another job with any security requirements. Still, I suspect sometime soon someone will get paid enough now by the National Enquirer or some other tabloid rag to get information, if they already haven't done so.

I suspect both Tiger and his wife are talking only through attorneys or limited numbers of family members to assure their privacy. Meanwhile many of us tag on any and all slight rumors, 3rd hand info and so on speculating on what is happening and projecting our personal biases and opinions as to their behavior. I suspect someday some of the truth will come out but they will bury any divorce decisions with full use of the law, probably make a private agreement only requiring a few non-public court appearances to do.

In the end, let us learn the lessons of Tiger and be responsible in your marriage and sexual behavior.

Kiwirob

Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:06 pm

Quoting Kiwiandrew (Reply 44):
marriage was in good shape it would have probably survived the occassional 'bit on the side' , other relationships have .

15 whores in a single night orgy is a bit more than a bit on the side don't you think.

I wouldn't be surprised if he has a sex addiction problem like Charlie Sheen or Michael Douglas.

Aaron747

Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:56 pm

Quoting KiwiRob (Reply 49):
I wouldn't be surprised if he has a sex addiction problem like Charlie Sheen or Michael Douglas.

Could very well be the case - or he may have been so focused and driven for so long that he never really knew who his sexual self was and went overboard on self-exploration once he got into a career groove - not the best thing to do when you have the money and power to have it come to you that way.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty

JRDC930

Fri Dec 18, 2009 4:24 pm

I can believ some of the lax views on adultry im seeing on this board....so much for being faithfull to your spouse huh? I guess its just too unrealistic to expect some one to have sex with just one person while in a marriage or relationship  Yeah sure Heaven forbid you divorce the person instaid of cheating on them and destroying theme emotionally...its just too hard right? Geeze people; cheating is ALWAYS wrong; tiger deserves to be cleaned out for his immoral acts; as should anyone who cheats...only a moron would stay together with a cheater...

Straw man argument; most people would feel like killing an adulterer when they first find out im sure; especially when you find out that person is a man slut. I personally feel cheaters should be executed, but thats my opinion.

a father who sleeps around or a hot-heeded mother who potentially could take a blunt object to her children if they push her over the edge when they become teenagers

Yes, because one JUSTIFIABLE outburst means she is inherently violent...  Yeah sure Nice argument..

Aaron747

Fri Dec 18, 2009 4:58 pm

Quoting JRDC930 (Reply 51):
I guess its just too unrealistic to expect some one to have sex with just one person while in a marriage or relationship

For a lot of people it absolutely is - if they were more honest and mature about it, they might have it a lot easier in life. Not only that but people change in many ways over time. In a meaningful relationship that change will be accompanied by adequate communication and compromise. If one person's desires are going in a completely opposite direction than the other's, should that mean the end? No - it doesn't have to be that way at all - and plenty of people recognize and deal with that.

Heaven forbid you divorce the person instaid of cheating on them and destroying theme emotionally

Not everyone is destroyed by adultery emotionally. There are plenty of couples that have arrangements and/or maintain a "as long as I don't know the details, do what you like" policy. Especially as they get older, or for couples with significant age differences, many have relationships that evolve into a kind of sexless companionship and don't pigeonhole their partners into sexual exclusivity.

dragon6172

Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:03 pm

That would be awesome if Tiger took her to court and won!

Quoting Scbriml (Reply 45):

Must agree that if his PR folks have any common sense, they will suggest that he does not try and take her to court. Especially for this one outburst.

Maybe if the hidden truth is Elin is a violent woman who constantly beat him with his pitching wedge and that is what drove him to these other women.....  Yeah sure
Phrogs Phorever

JRDC930

Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:56 pm

Quoting Aaron747 (Reply 52):
For a lot of people it absolutely is

Then they should NEVER get married; just continue practicing serial monogomy; those type of people destroy the sanctity of marriage...im afraid i dont really but you "swinger"lifestyle or the morality behind it IMO and in MOST normall people adultery is wrong. Here well have to agree to disagree, because nothing you tell me can convince me it is moral to cheat, or justifiable, as you imply. AND THANFULLY most people agree with me, though im sure moral relativism will destroy this too...

should that mean the end?

yes. why the hell would you want to be with some one who sleeps around? It shows a lack of devotion and love, and theres the STD factor.

stasisLAX

Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:01 pm

Quoting JRDC930 (Reply 54):
and theres the STD factor.

That's the first thing I thought. Elin, get tested for everything including HIV.
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety!" B.Franklin

thegreatRDU
Topic Author

Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:19 pm

I can believ some of the lax views on adultry im seeing on this board....so much for being faithfull to your spouse huh?

That's how it is...in many parts of the world, it's acceptable to have a mistress on the side...

Quoting KiwiRob (Reply 49):

It was more of arrogance
Our Returning Champion

JRDC930

Sat Dec 19, 2009 1:37 am

Quoting ThegreatRDU (Reply 56):
it's acceptable to have a mistress on the side...

Well that proves the feminists position that men are nothing but pigs i suppose...

Aaron747

Sat Dec 19, 2009 1:44 am

Quoting JRDC930 (Reply 54):
yes. why the hell would you want to be with some one who sleeps around? It shows a lack of devotion and love, and theres the STD factor.

That wasn't the question. If one person's libido is dying while the other's is growing, should the relationship have to end? I say no - and how couples handle such a scenario will dictate what kind of future they can have. With adequate honesty and compromise in such a situation, there's no need for disaster. Love and devotion can also mean not condemning a partner to life without sex.

As previously posted:

Especially as they get older, or for couples with significant age differences, many have relationships that evolve into a kind of sexless companionship and don't pigeonhole their partners into sexual exclusivity.