NIKV69
Topic Author

Balloon Boy's Parents Off To The Big House

Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:05 pm

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_balloon_boy

Adios muchacho. Great outcome. The example has to be set that reality TV will not give you s pass. I hope the white house crashers are watching. They should be next.
Nikon from day one, Nikon till I die.

jcs17

RE: Balloon Boy's Parents Off To The Big House

Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:11 pm

I'm disappointed they weren't brought up on felony charges and got to spend some real time, like a year or two, in the state pen. People need to realize that being a reality/celebrity-wannabe whore that breaks laws in the process does have very significant consequences.
America's chickens are coming home to rooooost!

Revelation

Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:07 pm

Quoting Jcs17 (Reply 1):
People need to realize that being a reality/celebrity-wannabe whore that breaks laws in the process does have very significant consequences.

I guess their next reality is that they will be living in the big house.

Maybe they should make a TV show about that? Big grin
Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world
The heart has its beaches, its homeland and thoughts of its own
Wake now, discover that you are the song that the morning brings
The heart has its seasons, its evenings and songs of its own

EA CO AS

Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:15 pm

The best thing here isn't the jail time - it's the add-on that they cannot profit from their story for at least 4 years (should have been 10, IMHO). That, coupled with the jail time and financial responsibility piece for the cost of the emergency response should be enough to keep any would-be publicity seekers from attempting anything like this in the future.
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem - government IS the problem." - Ronald Reagan

Comments made here are my own and are not intended to represent the official position of Alaska Air Group

NIKV69
Topic Author

Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:08 pm

Quoting Jcs17 (Reply 1):
I'm disappointed they weren't brought up on felony charges and got to spend some real time, like a year or two, in the state pen. People need to realize that being a reality/celebrity-wannabe whore that breaks laws in the process does have very significant consequences

You have to find a happy medium and this judge did the right thing. Trust me 30 days is enough
to prevent this jackass from doing this again. I just hope that blond wannabe that crashed the white house gets the same. You can just tell she won't be able to handle jail. Those nice butches will love a nice piece like her.

ER757

Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:31 pm

Quoting EA CO AS (Reply 3):
The best thing here isn't the jail time - it's the add-on that they cannot profit from their story for at least 4 years (should have been 10, IMHO).

How about never?? It's a sad fact that the "reality TV" craze has spawned moron media whores like these two dimwits and the party crashers. The minute one of them is able to turn a stunt like this into dollars, you'll see even more of it. I just hope the judgement against these people, and I use that term loosely, deters other wannabes.

N1120A

Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:32 pm

Quoting NIKV69 (Thread starter):
I hope the white house crashers are watching. They should be next.

I don't think that will necessarily happen. It doesn't sound like they actually broke a law, just found a way past a Secret Service that obviously needs to tighten its ship.

Quoting Jcs17 (Reply 1):
I'm disappointed they weren't brought up on felony charges and got to spend some real time, like a year or two, in the state pen.

And that would have solved what exactly? Indeed, the DA did this deal because they were worried that felony charges wouldn't stick and the family did the deal to prevent potential deportation of the mother, who is a non-citizen.
Mangeons les French fries, mais surtout pratiquons avec fierte le French kiss

NIKV69
Topic Author

Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:57 pm

Quoting N1120A (Reply 6):
I don't think that will necessarily happen. It doesn't sound like they actually broke a law, just found a way past a Secret Service that obviously needs to tighten its ship

Sure, trespassing on the WH property should never be a crime.  sarcastic 

thegreatRDU

Thu Dec 24, 2009 1:52 am

Well they'll fall further into bankruptcy if they have to reimburse authorities for the full cost of chasing the balloon and investigating the hoax — an amount that could exceed $50,000
Richard Heene's 90-day has a lot work of release that will let him pursue his job during the day as long as he reports back to jail at night.
Our Returning Champion

DeltaRules

Thu Dec 24, 2009 1:53 am

I wish they'd have gotten more, but I'll take 90 & 25, as it really appeared early at sentencing time that they'd only get Probation. What a joke it would've been had they gotten off with just probation. Do those people NEED any more free time at home? Any word on the restitution hearing?

Hopefully this shows people that you can't do stupid crap in the hopes of landing yourself a TV show.
A310/319/320/321/333, ARJ, BN2, B717/722/73S/733/734/735/73G/738/739/744/757/753/767/763/764/777, CR1/2/7/9, DH6, 328, EM2/ERJ/E70/E75/E90, F28/100, J31, L10/12/15, DC9/D93/D94/D95/M80/M88/M90/D10, SF3, SST

Tiger119

Thu Dec 24, 2009 10:03 am

Quoting Revelation (Reply 2):
Maybe they should make a TV show about that?

- Don't give them any ideas because if they think they can make a buck doing it, they will!

Quoting ThegreatRDU (Reply 8):
Well they'll fall further into bankruptcy if they have to reimburse authorities for the full cost of chasing the balloon and investigating the hoax --- an amount that could exceed $50,000

- It would be more than that I am sure. Just think of the federal agencies that got involved, not to forget the local and state authorities. All those people and all those assets just for publicity. It cost a lot. And the cost in the court hearings and trial!

David
Flying is the second greatest thrill known to mankind, landing is the first!

jcs17

Thu Dec 24, 2009 2:52 pm

Quoting N1120A (Reply 6):
And that would have solved what exactly? Indeed, the DA did this deal because they were worried that felony charges wouldn't stick and the family did the deal to prevent potential deportation of the mother, who is a non-citizen.

Ummm, making people realize that this sort of wannabe reality criminal behavior isn't worth it, especially when it revolves around children. I don't give a shit if Mayumi Heene is deported while Richard spends a couple of years in the pen. This couple makes your average father in the ghetto look responsible. The patterns of child neglect and endangerment that these parents exhibited up until this criminal act is absolutely disturbing.
America's chickens are coming home to rooooost!

iliribdl

Thu Dec 24, 2009 4:37 pm

Quoting Jcs17 (Reply 1):
I'm disappointed they weren't brought up on felony charges and got to spend some real time, like a year or two,

Same here, the govt is too soft in my opinion in dealing with criminals, and these two are criminals to what they did. (all the money spent to look for the kid, tv, etc, and they did it for fame)

At least 2 yrs in jail I say.
delta.com