Tiger119
Topic Author

NFL Week 16 2009

Thu Dec 24, 2009 9:48 am

"Let's Get This Party Started!"

Well, there is no game Christmas Eve (Thursday night) but there is a game Christmas night ([email protected]), 14 games on Sunday, December 27th and one game on MNF. Why not a couple Saturday afternoon games? College bowl games I suppose? Well, the AFC South is interesting, Colts have that division (obviously) sewn up but TEN, JAC and HOU are all at 7 and 7. TEN hosts SD Christmas night, HOU goes to MIA and NE is hosting JAC. Hard to choose (on a personal note) who to root for and who hope not to win. CIN should win against KC. Could CLE win their fourth game this season? Let the games begin.

Icy in HFY,

David
Flying is the second greatest thrill known to mankind, landing is the first!

thegreatRDU

RE: NFL Week 16 2009

Thu Dec 24, 2009 2:27 pm

I think were gonna beat the Giants....the key is to get to Eli early and often and to score early so they become alienated...
Our Returning Champion

JakeOrion

Thu Dec 24, 2009 4:48 pm

Just glad San Diego has clinched a playoff spot, and possibly the 2nd seed if we win one of our next two games. Looking at the current contenders for seeds 3 through 6 for the AFC gives me a headache. What a mess Denver created when they lost to the Raiders. Sheesh.
Every problem has a simple solution; finding the simple solution is the difficult problem.

thegreatRDU

Fri Dec 25, 2009 2:44 am

Quoting JakeOrion (Reply 2):
What a mess Denver created when they lost to the Raiders. Sheesh.

To me Denver fell off...they'll be out in the first round...
Our Returning Champion

nkops

Fri Dec 25, 2009 2:03 pm

I'm kind of hoping the Jets stay close to Indy... Manning is my fantasy QB, and if its a blow-out, he'll be taken out after halftime.
Turn left heading 080 contact departure

Revelation

Fri Dec 25, 2009 3:13 pm

Quoting Tiger119 (Thread starter):
Well, the AFC South is interesting, Colts have that division (obviously) sewn up but TEN, JAC and HOU are all at 7 and 7.

Interesting. NEP has JAC this week and HOU next week so it would seem their play would have a lot to say about what happens in the AFC South.

Quoting JakeOrion (Reply 2):
What a mess Denver created when they lost to the Raiders.

It was a tragic loss for them, almost as bad as MIA loosing to BUF, hard to see that one coming!

Quoting ThegreatRDU (Reply 3):

It's funny how teams rise and fall. Earlier in the season NEP beat TEN 59-0 and that wouldn't happen if they played this week, especially considering NEP's injuries on defense.

Quoting Nkops (Reply 4):
I'm kind of hoping the Jets stay close to Indy... Manning is my fantasy QB, and if its a blow-out, he'll be taken out after halftime.

It aint gonna happen, but it's be amazing if NYJ would beat IND.
Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world
The heart has its beaches, its homeland and thoughts of its own
Wake now, discover that you are the song that the morning brings
The heart has its seasons, its evenings and songs of its own

thegreatRDU

Sat Dec 26, 2009 3:46 am

Quoting Revelation (Reply 5):
Quoting Nkops (Reply 4):

It aint gonna happen, but it's be amazing if NYJ would beat IND.

Sanchez really fell off he just can't handle the cold weather...
Our Returning Champion

JakeOrion

Sat Dec 26, 2009 5:14 am

Aye aye aye...I expected a slug out fest, not an ass kicking. What the heck happened to the Titans tonight??? We slaughtered them.

On the bright side, Merry Christmas to Charger fans for locking up the #2 seed. Big grin
Every problem has a simple solution; finding the simple solution is the difficult problem.

san747

Sat Dec 26, 2009 8:07 am

Quoting JakeOrion (Reply 7):
Aye aye aye...I expected a slug out fest, not an ass kicking. What the heck happened to the Titans tonight??? We slaughtered them.

On the bright side, Merry Christmas to Charger fans for locking up the #2 seed. Big grin

Yeah really. A very different game than I expected. Chargers not only have the #2 seed, but get to host their Divisional game. The Chargers need the time to rest and let the injured players heal up. The Chargers are a very mature team and I think the first-round bye will work in their advantage, as opposed to 2006.
Scotty doesn't know...

thegreatRDU

Sun Dec 27, 2009 2:20 am

college football...Urban Meyer retiring due to health issues? At first glance i thought because he couldn't handle not having Tim around.....
Our Returning Champion

StarAC17

Sun Dec 27, 2009 4:49 am

Quoting ThegreatRDU (Reply 3):

If they lose this week they are on the bubble with all the other 7-7 teams to even get in, the same with Baltimore who I hope can put Pittsburgh out of it this week but Pittsburgh and Miami winning this week gives my Phins more control of their destiny if they can beat the Steelers at home on week 17. But if Denver wins as well then all 6 7-7 teams can't control their destiny. Because all Baltimore and Denver will have to do is win on week 17 to get in.

This has to be the most complex playoff picture in at least a generation with 8 teams in the AFC potentially fighting for 2 wild card spots. Also its a long shot but if both the Bengals and Pats have epic collapses and lose their last 2 games then both the East and the North can be stolen.

Quoting Tiger119 (Thread starter):
but TEN, JAC and HOU are all at 7 and 7.

Add Miami, Pittsburgh and the Jets to that list as well.

The Titans are out now after losing to San Diego and being 7-8
Engineers Rule The World!!!!!

FlyDeltaJets87

Sun Dec 27, 2009 6:30 am

Giants play the Panthers. I'll be outnumbered among the local populous here in GSO rooting for the Giants in this one. It's pretty much a "must win" for the Giants. They have the tie-breaker over the Cowboys if they can catch them.

The Bengals clinch the AFC North with either a win or a Pittsburgh win over Baltimore. Although if the Bengals can't win their way in over the Chiefs, they may not deserve to be in the playoffs anyway.
"Let's Roll"- Todd Beamer, United Airlines Flight 93, Sept. 11, 2001

Revelation

Sun Dec 27, 2009 1:07 pm

Quoting StarAC17 (Reply 10):
If they lose this week they are on the bubble with all the other 7-7 teams to even get in

I don't like DEN's chances with PHL.

Pittsburgh and Miami winning this week gives my Phins more control of their destiny if they can beat the Steelers at home on week 17.

PIT-BAL should be a great game.

But if Denver wins as well then all 6 7-7 teams can't control their destiny. Because all Baltimore and Denver will have to do is win on week 17 to get in.

Should be interesting.

This has to be the most complex playoff picture in at least a generation with 8 teams in the AFC potentially fighting for 2 wild card spots. Also its a long shot but if both the Bengals and Pats have epic collapses and lose their last 2 games then both the East and the North can be stolen.

Well, as a Pats fan, if MIA loses to HOU this week then NEP have the East, and if MIA beats HOU then HOU won't have anyting to play for next week. In any case if NEP can't win one out of two they don't deserve to get in. They won't get very far in the playoffs anyway, unless the D discovers health and cohesion we have yet to see this year.

Add Miami, Pittsburgh and the Jets to that list as well.

Technically, yes, but NYJ won't get past IND this weekend, bet the house on it!

FlyDeltaJets87

Sun Dec 27, 2009 9:29 pm

Very much surprised to see this thread isn't more active. Been a lot of excitement in the NFL this afternoon.

Well, the Giants were a huge bag of suck today. There's no other way to describe it. After looking so good against Washington last week and looking like they were going to "fight to the end" for a Wild Card spot, the word "awful" does not even begin to describe how they played today. Ironic part is that the Giants are still "in the hunt" if Dallas loses to Washington tonight. If Dallas wins, the playoff picture is complete and next weeks games only determine seed numbers and first round byes in the NFC.

As for the Bengals, they didn't look too much better but pulled off the win over an awful looking Chiefs team to clinch the AFC North title and their first return to playoffs since the 2005 season, so I'm happy about that. But if the Bengals play in the playoffs like they played today, they'll find themselves watching Round 2 from the couch.

mke717spotter

Sun Dec 27, 2009 9:30 pm

The Packers just got done clobbering the Seahawks 48-10, and because the Giants got upset at home by the Panthers 41-9, Green Bay has secured a playoff berth!  thumbsup  And the Saints lost at home to the Bucs?!  alert 
Will you watch the Cleveland Browns and the Detroit Lions on Sunday? Only if coach Eric Mangini resigned after a loss.

thegreatRDU

Sun Dec 27, 2009 11:38 pm

Quoting ThegreatRDU (Reply 1):
I think were gonna beat the Giants....the key is to get to Eli early and often and to score early so they become alienated...

Quoting FlyDeltaJets87 (Reply 11):
Giants play the Panthers. I'll be outnumbered among the local populous here in GSO rooting for the Giants in this one. It's pretty much a "must win" for the Giants. They have the tie-breaker over the Cowboys if they can catch them.

The Bengals clinch the AFC North with either a win or a Pittsburgh win over Baltimore. Although if the Bengals can't win their way in over the Chiefs, they may not deserve to be in the playoffs anyway.

We thoroughly dominated the Giants......by these last 2 wins alone John fox keeps his job...Jake Delhomme pay cut or get cut....we'll also beat the saints as Brees we'll be done in the 2nd quarter..
Our Returning Champion

NIKV69

Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:11 am

Quoting Revelation (Reply 12):
but NYJ won't get past IND this weekend, bet the house on it!

When can I move in? The Indianapolis Colts should be ashamed of themselves. That was the most ulgiest half of football I have ever seen. You play to win the game!
Nikon from day one, Nikon till I die.

thegreatRDU

Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:39 am

Quoting NIKV69 (Reply 16):
When can I move in? The Indianapolis Colts should be ashamed of themselves. That was the most ulgiest half of football I have ever seen. You play to win the game!

Peyton was pissed he wanted to 19-0
Our Returning Champion

futurepilot16

Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:11 am

Colts completely threw that game away. Imagine, they could go into the playoffs with 2 straight losses and a bye week. People love to forget about that bye week. The Bye week is not necessarily a good thing. The last like five years at least one team who played in the wild card round has made the SB.
"The brave don't live forever, but the cautious don't live at all."

76794p

Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:16 am

The HOU Texans beat MIA 27 to 20. I hope we can now go the playoffs and possibly super bowl.
There's always money IN the banana stand.

Falcon84

Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:58 am

Eric Mangini is going to make it tougher than first thought for new Browns President Mike Holmgren to get rid of him, as the Browns won their third straight game, a 23-9 win over the Raiders. The Browns D carried the day with 3 picks and 4 sacks of former Browns QB Charlie Frye, and with another stellar performance by RB Jerome Harrison. Harrison followed up his 286 yard monster game against the Chiefs with another 148 yards on the ground against the raiders-that's 434 yards in two weeks for the kid. Maybe, just maybe, the Browns don't have to worry about a workhorse feature back in the off-season. They might have him in Harrison.

They still need a QB, no doubt, and a lot more. My guts tell me that Holmgren is still going to get rid of Mangini after next week, but he's going to sit down with Eric, pick his brain, and that of the other coaches, and give him serious, serious consideration for bringing him back for another season.
Work Right, Fly Hard

mke717spotter

Mon Dec 28, 2009 3:20 am

The Indianapolis Colts should be ashamed of themselves. That was the most ulgiest half of football I have ever seen. You play to win the game!

Quoting FuturePilot16 (Reply 18):
Colts completely threw that game away.

Hey, if Jim Sorgi had been healthy, they would've won.
Will you watch the Cleveland Browns and the Detroit Lions on Sunday? Only if coach Eric Mangini resigned after a loss.

FlyDeltaJets87

Mon Dec 28, 2009 3:54 am

Quoting 76794p (Reply 19):
The HOU Texans beat MIA 27 to 20. I hope we can now go the playoffs and possibly super bowl.

The Texans will need help I believe. Plus they have to play New England next Sunday, who need to win to ensure the Number 3 seed over Cincinnati. And the Texans game will most certainly be the tie-breaker for the 3 and 4 seed if needed between New England and Cincinnati for that #3 seed.

dragon-wings

Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:33 am

I don't understand what is wrong with these Giants. One week they look like a playoff team and the next week they look like the worst team in the NFL! I think it has something to do with the coaching staff.

Colts completely threw that game away. Imagine, they could go into the playoffs with 2 straight losses and a bye week.

Well I look at it this way they get the first loss out of the way and they start a new winning streak that ends with a win at the super bowl.
Don't give up don't ever give up - Jim Valvano

Mir

Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:27 am

Here's a cool device for those who want to play around with the playoff possibilities: http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/playoffscenario?algorithm=yahooranker

Jets are win and in, as are the Ravens. Jets are at home, and I'm sure they'd love to show their coach that the season is not, in fact, over. But it's the Jets, so...stand by for the crushing choke. You know they'll make it as painful as possible.

My ideal scenario:

Jets beat Cincy, Jaguars beat Cleveland, KC beats Denver, Oakland beats Baltimore, Miami beats Pittsburgh, New England beats Houston. Jets and Jaguars make the final two playoff spots - Jets vs. Cincy and Jaguars vs. New England. But I know how likely that is to happen.  Sad

-Mir
7 billion, one nation, imagination...it's a beautiful day

Falcon84

Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:32 am

Quoting Mir (Reply 24):
Jaguars beat Cleveland,

The way the Browns are finishing, don't bet on it.
Work Right, Fly Hard

dragon-wings

Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:36 am

Quoting Mir (Reply 24):
Jets are win and in, as are the Ravens.

Hard to belive the Jets are still alive for the playoffs and the Giants are not.
Don't give up don't ever give up - Jim Valvano

LTU932

Mon Dec 28, 2009 6:09 am

Quoting Mke717spotter (Reply 21):
Colts completely threw that game away.

Hey, if Jim Sorgi had been healthy, they would've won.

And to add insult to injury, I predict that next week, the Colts vs Buffalo game will end up in a tie.  stirthepot 
Sometimes the only thing more dangerous than a question is an answer. - Ferengi Rule of Acquisition 208

thegreatRDU

Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:47 pm

Why is the media calling for Raheem Morris's head or speculating he will get fired...that's bull he's a first year coach with a rookie QB with all the tools to be great.....

Quoting Dragon-wings (Reply 23):
I don't understand what is wrong with these Giants. One week they look like a playoff team and the next week they look like the worst team in the NFL! I think it has something to do with the coaching staff.

It was just the Panthers...I'm beginning to imagine if Delhomme got benched 3 games earlier we would have got ourselves a wildcard spot....
Our Returning Champion

NIKV69

Mon Dec 28, 2009 3:17 pm

Classic overachievers. When you boil it down they are not a top team like the Pats in their prime or the Colts now. They simply would win games they shouldn't have and always would rise to the occasion at the right time. As we saw in 2000 when they made it to the SB with a sub par team and win it two years ago. Eli is not a good quarterback. Contrary to what people think he is inconsistent and really just a slightly improved version of Kerry Collins. THe Giants running game and defense is what keeps them in games but when they have trouble moving the ball well you saw it yesterday. Also I think their coach has trouble motivating. I think the Giants would benefit from a coaching change to someone like Bill Cowher. He used to kick ass on the sideline.
Nikon from day one, Nikon till I die.

FlyDeltaJets87

Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:07 pm

Quoting NIKV69 (Reply 29):
Eli is not a good quarterback.

Eli is an outstanding quarterback and has been putting up some of the best numbers of any QB in Giants history. However, Eli can't win games by himself and he can't play defense. The Giants offense put up 38 points against the Eagles a couple weeks ago. If you lose even when you put up 38 points, that's not the offense's fault. The whole team played awful yesterday once that first TD was called back for a holding penalty. The whole team just quit and said "we're not going to make it to the playoffs so why bother". Watching the Giants week to week, I think Eli is best when in "2 minute" mode, as he's led numerous late 4th quarter drives to tie or win (big) games.

The Giants failures after their 5-0 start can be mostly attributed to the lack of defense.

As we saw in 2000 when they made it to the SB with a sub par team and win it two years ago.

confused  In 2000, the Giants went 12-4. They handed Minnesota their asses on a plate 41-0 in the NFC Championship game. They just forgot to show up for the Super Bowl (IIRC, the Giants were even favored but I could be wrong about that).
In 2007-2008, yes they did win they had too, and in the playoffs, never by much. They started off 0-2 and were losing a halftime in Week 3 to Washington before turning their season around. I do agree that if the Giants and Patriots matched up 10 times that season, the Patriots would have won 8 or 9 of the games. But the Giants came to play that night, against a team the Patriots thought they could just roll over on their way to 19-0.

I think the Giants would benefit from a coaching change to someone like Bill Cowher. He used to kick ass on the sideline.

What they need is a new defensive coordinator. And a field goal kicker to replace Tynes. I'm scared that go is going to miss field goals on instant replay.

Well I look at it this way they get the first loss out of the way and they start a new winning streak that ends with a win at the super bowl.

Ask the 2007-2008 New England Patriots whether they'd rather have a perfect regular season or a Super Bowl ring. That said, I think winning in those final weeks, even when you've clinched the playoff berth is a great momentum booster. I'm still convinced that the reason the Giants won Super Bowl XLII over the Patriots is because even though the Giants did lose to the Pats in the last game of the regular season, it was still one of the best games the Giants played all season long, and I think the Giants felt, coming out of that game "We can play with the best of them".

Quoting Mir (Reply 24):
My ideal scenario:

Jets beat Cincy,

My ideal scenario. Cincy beats Jets. Texans beat New England. Regardless though, Cincinnati will face a team they had to play in the regular season. The Bengals have looked shaky these past few weeks (well, except the loss to San Diego. They actually played pretty well out there, despite the loss), and I think need a solid win in Week 17 to carry some positive momentum into the playoffs. I hope neither Baltimore nor Pittsburgh makes it in. Cincinnati has already beaten both teams twice, and it's very difficult to beat a team three times in one season. Just ask the 2007 Dallas Cowboys and how sweeping the Giants in the regular season worked out for them in the post-season. (No trips to Cabo Carson!). I'd rather them face the Texans or Broncos, even though both teams beat Cincinnati in the regular season.

Quoting ThegreatRDU (Reply 28):
It was just the Panthers...I'm beginning to imagine if Delhomme got benched 3 games earlier we would have got ourselves a wildcard spot....

Can't disagree there. I expect we won't be seeing Delhomme in a Panthers uniform next season. Odd how one year ago, the Giants - Panthers game is the game that decided the Number 1 seed in the NFC. This year, neither team will make the playoffs.

Revelation

Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:05 pm

When can I move in?

LOL! Good thing I dont own a house to bet!

Quoting ThegreatRDU (Reply 17):

I think a pissed off Payton is a good thing. On the other hand a whiney bummed Payton is a bad thing. I know hes talking the talk right now, but no one knows whats going on inside his head right now.

Quoting Mir (Reply 24):
Jaguars vs. New England.

Something says JAX cant be too excited about a rematch back up north should that come to pass, but hey I thought IND would kill NYJ. I didnt see the game but am amazed the Colts werent up 28 to 0 at the half.

Quoting FlyDeltaJets87 (Reply 30):
Ask the 2007-2008 New England Patriots whether they'd rather have a perfect regular season or a Super Bowl ring.

Why not both?

Giants fans can cherish that SB, Pats fans can cherish 3 out of 4 plus the repeat appearance in this millenium. Not to shabby says I, but this years team is nothing like those teams were.

thegreatRDU

Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:56 pm

HOW BOUT THEM PANTHERS?

Can't disagree there. I expect we won't be seeing Delhomme in a Panthers uniform next season. Odd how one year ago, the Giants - Panthers game is the game that decided the Number 1 seed in the NFC. This year, neither team will make the playoffs.

Like I said earlier...Delhomme...pay cut or get cut....
John Fox all but solidified that he will keep his job for next year there's no way we'll lose to the Saints bench

In High School I played QB so I can always relate to that position....
Some up and coming QBs I like...
Josh Freeman-TB......didn't think he would be a passer but he shows flashes of brilliance and the tools are there
Matt Moore-CAR.....very accurate...and is in the perfect system suited to him.....run the ball....manage the game...and throw the bomb to 89
Bruce Gradkowski...OAK was a journeyman who started in TB was highly coveted by Jon Gruden and we saw what he could do against the Steelers....will be the starter next season when he's healthy
Vince Young...TEN...what can I say? He was just an athlete playing QB but he really got it together....
---------------------
Disappointments?
JaMarcus Russell....OAK...just move him to T or TE
Jay Cutler...CHI....was a rip off after what they gave up to get him...he believes in his right arm too much evidenced by the picks
Jake Delhomme...CAR....this man was solely responsible for a handful of their losses
Brady Quinn...CLE...you had your chance....
Our Returning Champion

Mir

Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:01 pm

Quoting Revelation (Reply 31):
Something says JAX cant be too excited about a rematch back up north should that come to pass,

No, but I'd rather have a shot in the playoffs than just be sitting at home.

Quoting Revelation (Reply 31):
Why not both?

Because the only thing that most people will remember about that season is the Patriots losing.

-Mir
7 billion, one nation, imagination...it's a beautiful day

mke717spotter

Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:33 am

Holy crap, what a game. I've been a Packer fan my whole life and I don't think I've ever cheered as hard for the Bears as I did tonight. The were some instances late in the game where I was sure the Bears were gonna blow it, but I'm glad to see the late-season misery continuing for Favre and the Vikings. They've now lost three out of their last four games, and I don't see them winning next week against New York, or in the playoffs. They're done. BTW - Devin Aromashodu, this guy has been impressive. Go Packers!  wave 

thegreatRDU

Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:33 am

The bears hold on...that #19 for the Bears is a talented young kid....
The Vikes rallied back like a good playoff team should....just AP fumbled again.....
Our Returning Champion

MSYtristar

Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:14 pm

Thank you for a belated Christmas present, Chicago! Now the road to the Super Bowl in the NFC will go through the Superdome! Of course, the Saints need to step it up and start playing better...but at least they'll have some time to rest up and get healthy.

WHO DAT!

thegreatRDU

Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:44 pm

Quoting MSYtristar (Reply 36):
Thank you for a belated Christmas present, Chicago! Now the road to the Super Bowl in the NFC will go through the Superdome! Of course, the Saints need to step it up and start playing better...but at least they'll have some time to rest up and get healthy.

Were gonna put a hurtin on the Saint's bench....
Our Returning Champion

MSYtristar

Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:13 pm

Quoting ThegreatRDU (Reply 37):
Were gonna put a hurtin on the Saint's bench....

Probably.  Smile It looks like you guys have a good QB there....next year things should be interesting between ATL, CAR, and NO.

steeler83

Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:03 pm

I hope neither Baltimore nor Pittsburgh makes it in. Cincinnati has already beaten both teams twice, and it's very difficult to beat a team three times in one season. Just ask the 2007 Dallas Cowboys and how sweeping the Giants in the regular season worked out for them in the post-season. (No trips to Cabo Carson!).

Just ask last year's Steelers. Did they not sweep the Ravens in the regular season and then beat them again en route to their 6th Superbowl triumph? Have faith! Big grin

But, as far as having the Steelers making it again this year, yes it's going to be extremely difficult if at all possible. I think the Steelers would have been in better shape had the Jets not upset then-unbeaten Indianapolis. Now, the Jets must lose and Houston must lose, and both are host teams, hosting Cincinnati and New England respectively. While both of those road teams are division winners and are likely to be favored, they will not be easy wins...

It would be nice to see the Steelers make it in, but I kinda do not think they have a chance in hell in repeating this year. Sure, they may be building momentum now, but I think it's too little too late for them...
Do not bring stranger girt into your room. The stranger girt is dangerous, it will hurt your life.

Tiger119
Topic Author

Thu Dec 31, 2009 7:24 am

Quoting ThegreatRDU (Reply 9):
...Urban Meyer retiring due to health issues? At first glance i thought because he couldn't handle not having Tim around.....

- I smell a hint of sarcasim here, but, Tebow is a senior and is gone after this year. There's something else going on here on the Meyer horizon!

Quoting Revelation (Reply 12):
but NYJ won't get past IND this weekend, bet the house on it!

- You should have heard the talk around Indy up to the game!

When can I move in? The Indianapolis Colts should be ashamed of themselves. That was the most ulgiest half of football I have ever seen. You play to win the game

Quoting ThegreatRDU (Reply 17):

- No matter what have happened in that game, Caldwell was going to ge grilled for deciding what to do. Something tells me that Polian had a lot to say who was going to play and for how long. Remember, the Colts want another Super Bowl (win) and keeping those four with limited playing time gave them less of a chance to get injured.

Quoting Mke717spotter (Reply 21):
Hey, if Jim Sorgi had been healthy, they would've won

- My question is, how is the number two quarterback who has hardly played this year get injured?

- If I had a vote, Collie for rookie of the year. At least rookie receiver or the year.

Cold in HFY,

David
Flying is the second greatest thrill known to mankind, landing is the first!

Revelation

Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:58 am

Quoting Mir (Reply 33):
Because the only thing that most people will remember about that season is the Patriots losing.

Perhaps for them, but for us Pats fan that year was a lot of fun, and loosing the SB doesnt hurt so bad if you already have 3 in the bag. Having the 18 to 0 season was a huge show of dominance and very rewarding.

One can also say now in most peoples eyes if Indy doesnt win the SB this entire year will be considered to be a failure and that rookie coach may find his butt in a sling mostly because he didnt keep the starters in the game till a win was more or less in hand.