Aeroflot001

RE: Students - What Are You Studying And Where?

Sat Jan 16, 2010 2:04 am

Quoting FX772LRF (Reply 47):
Crazy. They had the same thing at my old high school in sophomore year in NJ. It was a 90 minute class with no breaks! I kind of miss that class though.

Quoting FX772LRF (Reply 47):
Mine is 92 minutes

Here in Miami some schools have what is called block scheduling and even though there are 8 periods you only go to 4 each day so we also have the dreaded 90 minute classes. Except the third period. If you have the first lunch then its only a half hour and then another 55 minutes when you return.

MarSciGuy

Sat Jan 16, 2010 2:44 am

Quoting Planeguy727 (Reply 48):

Quoting MarSciGuy (Reply 40):
You're getting TWO PhDs in education?!

Very different concentrate areas within education - so I may go ahead. I may also delay the second one while considering a Masters in Public Administration (making it my second masters degree).

If you don't mind me asking, why? Admin sounds like what you would need to be a superintendent....Health Ed for a possible college position?

My very long term goals include the possibility of a PhD in the 10+ year future, but...
"There weren't a ton of gnats there where a ton of gnats and their families as well!"

captaink

Sat Jan 16, 2010 5:02 am

Quoting Longhornmaniac (Reply 26):

I'm a Biology/Environmental Studies double major, with a Spanish minor...fun huh?!

Nice

Quoting Clemsonaj (Reply 36):
Environmental Toxicology.

So you are my example to follow. I am studying Environmental Science and seriously considering Environmental Toxicology for my Msc.

I am in the Autonomous University of Aguascalientes, Mexico.
Look Up

NWAESC

Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:36 am

Quoting FuturePilot16 (Reply 3):
some easy stuff like philosophy.

That class may prove to be harder (and more fun) than you think.

Quoting Continental (Reply 20):
Maybe Wisconsin

Not a bad place to kill a few years...
"Nothing ever happens here, " I said. "I just wait."

BMI727

Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:05 am

Quoting Nwaesc (Reply 53):
That class may prove to be harder (and more fun) than you think.

If it is anything like theology it won't be.  Wink

As for me, I am looking at: Thermodynamics, Dynamics, Statics, Fluid Dynamics, and Differential Equations...and I don't have any electives, but that isn't a bad thing.
Why do Aerospace Engineering students have to turn things in on time?

Aeroflot777

Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:08 am

Just graduated Westminster College with a Bachelor of Arts in International Business two weeks ago.

Aeroflot777

gosimeon

Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:57 am

I'm in the final few months (eek) of studying for a BA (Hons) in Communications and Public Relations at the Institute of Technology, Carlow here in Ireland.

planeguy727

Sat Jan 16, 2010 2:11 pm

Quoting MarSciGuy (Reply 51):
If you don't mind me asking, why? Admin sounds like what you would need to be a superintendent....Health Ed for a possible college position?

My very long term goals include the possibility of a PhD in the 10+ year future, but...

I don't mind you asking. I am currently the Director of Health Promotion at a university. This requires I know health education/public health and also higher education. My first Masters degree is Health Education. The first doctorate is Higher Education Administration. These two bring together the better parts of the work I do. The Doctorate degree is not required for my role - I am doing it for me. No promotion, no raise, just advanced learning that helps be perform better in my role.

As for future study - the second doctorate is really about the idea that I have high level research I want to do so why not earn a degree since I plan to do the research anyway.

The MPA program is like an MBA for those that don't want to work in corporate settings, and since I don't plan to leave higher education as a work setting, having some additional training in finance, and other administrative areas will compliment the Higher Education Administration degree (which has little formal work in finance surprisingly).

I really like education (can you tell?). Thus I will probably always be taking classes or working on a degree. I did 30 credits in another PhD program, not for the degree, but because I thought there was more I could learn (and I did learn).

This also helps with the teaching I do. While being a full-time administrator, I also teach one college course per term (this term it's Urban Health Systems and Institutions).

As for your plans to earn a doctorate - choose carefully. Many people start programs and never finish. In my program only about one third will earn the degree - mostly because they didn't truly understand the level of work, dedication, time, and personal sacrifice required to complete. It's not easy - but it can be very rewarding. Of course, I am strongly intrinsically motivated.

Always happy to help with education questions and suggestions (at least for US institutions).

PG 727
I want to live in an old and converted 727...

us330

Sat Jan 16, 2010 2:54 pm

Quoting Jcs17 (Reply 19):
The women are gorgeous and the nightlife is great. Join the right fraternity, and you've got it made. The SMU experience is like none other

Just make sure you can afford it. Those gucci/prada bags and beamers don't come cheap. Those girls are used to daddy taking care of 'em.

Quoting Cory6188 (Reply 24):
where our favorite pastime is coming up with reasons why we think Dartmouth is better than Harvard

Well, there's not much else to do in Hanover other than drink.

As for me, earned a B.A. in history from Yale in 2008, and will be attending law school (more than likely) in the fall. I've applied to 25, and heard back from 5 (4/5 so far, in terms of acceptances).

JRadier

Sat Jan 16, 2010 4:23 pm

a BSc in Business Logistics, but doing my final year at a Honours programme in Aviation management instead. I just started at a Dutch charter airline for my thesis work.

DanTaylor2006

Sat Jan 16, 2010 5:08 pm

Currently studying for BA (Hons) Geography at the University of Sheffield, which means human geography (development, health, culture, geopolitics etc). Quite honestly, I'm tired of education and the course I'm doing and I'm exactly half way through it... I have 5 exams over the next 3 weeks, so I'll see how I do and make a decision based on this year. I'm probably going to see it out (even if it means a crap grade at the end) and then try my luck at applying to NATS after 2011.

IH8BY

Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:11 pm

Self-gloss: I graduated yesterday with a MA in International Studies from the University of Durham! So I am officially no longer a student...again. My first degree was a BA in Geography (BA as it was mostly human geography), which I studied at the University of Durham as well (talk about adventurous...).

Quoting DanTaylor2006 (Reply 60):
Currently studying for BA (Hons) Geography at the University of Sheffield, which means human geography (development, health, culture, geopolitics etc). Quite honestly, I'm tired of education and the course I'm doing and I'm exactly half way through it... I have 5 exams over the next 3 weeks, so I'll see how I do and make a decision based on this year. I'm probably going to see it out (even if it means a crap grade at the end) and then try my luck at applying to NATS after 2011.

See it out. You do reach a bit of a lull in the middle and it can be hard to muster the enthusiasm to see why you should keep going, but you might as well. Try your best at these exams, and see how it's going, but remember to make your student debt worth it - leaving with no degree and still having debt is probably a worse prospect than slogging it out for the last year and a half, unless you're really unhappy. Do PM me if you need geography encouragement Big grin .
Have you ever felt like you could float into the sky / like the laws of physics simply don't apply?

DanTaylor2006

Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:20 pm

Quoting IH8BY (Reply 61):
remember to make your student debt worth it - leaving with no degree and still having debt is probably a worse prospect than slogging it out for the last year and a half,

Yeah, that's the reason I'm gonna stay 'til the end, figured I already have half of my £27,000 debt, might as well make up the rest and come out with a degree.

SmithAir747

Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:24 pm

I'm currently studying at the University of California, San Francisco (UCSF).

I'm pursuing my PhD in craniofacial embryology.

My research deals with the effects of hypoxia (low oxygen levels) on craniofacial development in chick embryos, and I want to know why my hypoxic chick embryos come out with craniofacial deformities and brain defects. Somehow the lack of oxygen is acting on the cellular and molecular level to cause these anomalies.

I'm speaking at a seminar in New Zealand April 1, because the University of Otago invited me to.

I'm in the field of craniofacial embryology because of my own life experience with Treacher Collins syndrome (a rare genetic disorder of craniofacial development).

SmithAir747
I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made... (Psalm 139:14)

MarSciGuy

Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:39 pm

Quoting Planeguy727 (Reply 57):
As for your plans to earn a doctorate - choose carefully. Many people start programs and never finish. In my program only about one third will earn the degree - mostly because they didn't truly understand the level of work, dedication, time, and personal sacrifice required to complete. It's not easy - but it can be very rewarding. Of course, I am strongly intrinsically motivated.

Yeah - the PhD would be a loong term goal...as I already have a BS in Marine Science and am going for my teaching cert now for middle school science I don't have a goal persay in regards to a PhD....but at the same time would like to teach college level classes possibly in the future, either in science / marine science or ed...Like I said though, the PhD is a very long term goal.
"There weren't a ton of gnats there where a ton of gnats and their families as well!"

dc9northwest

Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:46 pm

I'm a 1st year at the University of Chicago, studying:

PHYS 142 Honors Electricity and Magnetism
MATH 162 Honors Calculus II
HUMA 116 Philosophical Perspectives on the Humanities
HIST 130 European History

N776AU

Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:00 pm

I just started my first semester at the University of Georgia in the Hugh Hodgson School of Music. My major is Music Education

And my classes:
-German 1002
-Introduction to Conducting
-Clarinet Study
-Band
-Brass Methods
-Woodwind Methods
Careful, doors are closing, and will not reopen. Please wait for the next train.

directorguy

Sun Jan 17, 2010 4:14 pm

I'm currently doing my A-levels and studying:

-English Literature (for the 2-year course we're doing Great Expectations, Jane Eyre, Wide Sargasso Sea, King Lear, Doctor Faustus+assorted poetry)
-History (Last year we did Civil Rights+ the Korea/Vietnam Wars+ Britain 1945-90. This year it's US history 1890s until 1945+ a special research project on warfare for our coursework)
-French

I also took AS Economics last year, bu failed and didn't continue it this year.

AirStairs

Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:24 pm

I am getting two degrees rather than just two majors:

B.S. in Economics (I am emphasizing statistics, micro, and game theory)
Minors: Philosophy, Chinese

B.A. in Political Science

classes this semster:

Foundations of Political Theory
Intermediate Macro
Intermediate Chinese II
Public Choice
Two-Dimensional Design
Ethics of Sports Media (Philosophy research seminar)

Airstairs

Gsoshutout55

Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:35 pm

Quoting ThegreatRDU (Reply 4):
Aviation Management-Guilford Technical Community College in partnership through ERAU at GSO airport...

No way...me too

JAGflyer

Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:34 pm

I'm in my third and final year of Aviation Management at Georgian College in Barrie, Ontario. There is an option to do a 1 year ERAU B.Sc Av. Management degree at the campus if one chooses.
If you flew today, thank a Flight Dispatcher!

KingFriday013

Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:39 am

Quoting Jcs17 (Reply 19):
I want to qualify for consideration for admission to the Simon School of Business at the University of Rochester for my MBA.

I'm somewhat hoping to end up there in four years too! Best of luck!

-J.
Tho' I've belted you an' flayed you, By the livin' Gawd that made you, You're a better man than I am, Gunga Din!

corocks

Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:00 am

At age of 40 I decided I hated my career (IT Project Manger) and quit my job and am going to culinary school full time at the LeNotre Culinary Institute here in Houston.. Those of you from France should recognize the name.

N867DA

Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:11 am

Quoting FriendlySkies (Reply 17):
Mechanical Engineering at Georgia Tech...and graduating in May! Woo!

Techies Unite!

BS Aerospace Engineering, 2010!
A nation turns its lonely eyes to you

hoons90

Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:51 am

Sophomore (2nd year) at the University of Toronto, Downtown campus.
Majoring in Political Science and Criminology. LOVE it.
The biggest mistake made by most human beings: Listening to only half, understanding just a quarter and telling double.

amsspot

Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:10 pm

I'm studying human geography at the University of Amsterdam since September 2009. I've not yet figured out if I really like it or not. Choosing the right study was really hard for me.

greggarious

Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:01 pm

Today's the start of my last semester at NYU. I'm an undergrad with a planned BA in Politics, with a minor in European Studies. I'm going part-time this semester, got enough credits to take it easy. Right now I'm taking:

"Topics: Counterterrorism" (I tell my friends it's 24: The Class, but I'm sure there's going to be plenty of game theory in the curriculum... the Politics department here can't get enough of it)
"Health and Nutrition" (taken with my New Year's resolution of running a marathon in mind)

Got to say, I'll miss living in Manhattan but I won't be missing the NYU experience. Too big a school, too expensive, the academics here are honestly lackluster for the price of admission (my biggest gripe is the class sizes... even upper level elective courses for my major rarely have less than 120 students). NYU's big selling point is being able to live in New York City for four years before you have to enter the real world. They know it, they'll make you pay dearly for the privilege! Of course, I'm just a politics major. If you're getting a degree in the performing arts, studio art, business, etc., NYU is definitely a Tier One School and worth the money you throw down.

After this spring, I have no plans for graduate school anytime soon. Instead, I've got an upcoming job as a Foreign Service Officer with the Department of State. Fortunately, this means I'm still a student for a while as I take the department's A-100 course for all new FSOs. After that, I'll probably be learning a new language. Grad school can come after, I've got my dream job today! Big grin

fraspotter

Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:42 am

I'm at Sam Houston State University in Huntsville, TX getting my BA in History and minoring in Criminal Justice (best place to study that field...  Smile). I'll be getting my commission as an officer in the US Army after graduation so I know what I'll be doing for a number of years after graduation sometime in 2011 (hopefully...  Smile)
"The strength of the turbulence is directly proportional to the temperature of your coffee."

— Gunter's Second Law of Air Travel

thegreatRDU

Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:21 pm

Quoting GSOShutout55 (Reply 69):
No way...me too

Mr Badick Instrument Flight Theory....Aviation Management...and I think Mrs. Floyd Aviation Laws and FAR...
Our Returning Champion

fatmirjusufi

Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:52 pm

I'm studying Applied Geography at the University of Pristina, Kosovo.

CaliAtenza

Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:39 pm

Quoting Springbok747 (Reply 1):
Indeed!

I'm studying Medicine (MBBS graduate entry, its a 4 year course, I'm still in 2nd year) at Flinders University, Adelaide, Australia.

same here  Smile: Medicine (MBBS, 4th year, final semester) at M.S Ramaiah College, Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore, India.

tommy767

Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:41 pm

Quoting Greggarious (Reply 76):
Got to say, I'll miss living in Manhattan but I won't be missing the NYU experience. Too big a school, too expensive, the academics here are honestly lackluster for the price of admission (my biggest gripe is the class sizes... even upper level elective courses for my major rarely have less than 120 students). NYU's big selling point is being able to live in New York City for four years before you have to enter the real world. They know it, they'll make you pay dearly for the privilege!

I took a class at NYU in Tisch in summer 2007 and honestly I didn't really like it. The professor was good, but it was overrated and its amazing how smug they are about how great the school is. I remember my professor said a few times "remember people, you're attending the best film school in the world right now" and I was thinking..."yeah right! But we also have WAY more fun at a place like LMU and in LA." It really is an escape for young adults to live in New York before actually settling down in the real world or AKA: not live in manhattan. I'm also amazed how many people from NJ and CT attend NYU. It's almost like they pay extra special attention to kids who are applying in the tri-state area. But an NYU degree looks impressive to just about anyone so you're probably set as in finding work after college. Tisch kids always get hired in the entertainment industry or at least score fantastic internships.

I guess I'm also biased because I don't really like NYC to begin with even though I grew up in the metro area.
"KEEP CLIMBING" -- DELTA

sna752

Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:06 am

B.A. Economics. I'm in my second half of my third year.

ECON 414- Econometrics
ECON 395- Economic Policy
ECON 499- Special Topics, Healthcare
ECON 452- International Finance

University of Southern California
Los Angeles, California
Class of 2011

Fight On!
Dare to think different.

blink182

Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:24 am

Colby College--International Studies and German. Way up in Central Maine, USA. Currently, however, I'm doing a semester in Vienna, Austria. I could go on for ages about the differences between the two places. Both have their strengths and weaknesses.

Quoting Greggarious (Reply 76):
Got to say, I'll miss living in Manhattan but I won't be missing the NYU experience. Too big a school, too expensive, the academics here are honestly lackluster for the price of admission (my biggest gripe is the class sizes... even upper level elective courses for my major rarely have less than 120 students). NYU's big selling point is being able to live in New York City for four years before you have to enter the real world. They know it, they'll make you pay dearly for the privilege! Of course, I'm just a politics major. If you're getting a degree in the performing arts, studio art, business, etc., NYU is definitely a Tier One School and worth the money you throw down.

I took summer classes at Stern last summer and loved NYU and Manhattan as always, but how anyone could attend school there at the undergraduate level(includes Columbia, Barnard, Pace, Fordham etc.) is beyond me. There just seems to be too many great distractions in a city that's generally unfriendly to student budgets. That said, I think Manhattan offers an element of reality that seems quite removed from me (and others) on very idyllic, green, and picturesque campuses that can seem removed from much of the world.
Give me a break, I created this username when I was a kid...

a318

Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:14 am

I'm a junior at Pace University in Manhattan. Majoring in Business Management and minoring in Spanish.

This semester I'm taking statistics (4 credits), accounting (4 credits), business law (3 credits), and a 6 credit learning community that incorporates acting, drag queens, and transvestites. 17 credits total.

Lufthansa411

Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:27 am

I am a junior at NYU, although I am spending this year as an exchange student at Humboldt University in Berlin.

Now for the pretentious sounding bit:

I am at the Gallatin School, which is designed to go between all the different NYU schools and create your own concentration (there are no majors, although there are minors). My concentration is called "The Imagined Line" and focuses on international borders. More specifically, international business, politics and perceptions of international borders, and how they impact our everyday lives. I am minoring in German.

I have a love/hate relationship with NYU, which seems to be the general sentiment about the school. We pay a lot of money, and the school tends to run as a business, seeing students merely as a paycheque. On the plus side, NYC is a fantastic place to live, and the departments I have taken classes from are top notch. The Stern School of Business is cutthroat though. That place is a pressure cooker. Taking classes there is just stressful.

Lets just hope that the degree translates into jobs, because otherwise that is about $400000 wasted.
Nothing in life is to be feared; it is only to be understood.

lukeyboy95
Topic Author

Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:21 pm

Many thanks for the replies to this post - a really interesting and surprisingly diverse amount of studying going on worldwide!

quote=MarSciGuy,reply=40]Quoting Lukeyboy95 (Thread starter):
Bsc Marine and Coastal Resource Management , Aberdeen kings College University, UK

What are your plans after you graduate?[/quote]
Sorry it took a while to get back to you - I will hopefully to a postgrad' in Harbour Management, or may go into Hydrography as its quite a lucrative industry what with the offshore business in this part of Europe. Renewables is also quite lucrative for career opertunities.

However before I think about any of that I will travel for 2 years!

What course did you do in marine?
Breaking down the stereotypes - one by one

ajd1992

Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:58 pm

Quoting Lufthansa411 (Reply 85):

Lets just hope that the degree translates into jobs, because otherwise that is about $400000 wasted.

Is that $400000 as in just under half a million USD?

Damn, am I glad for state sponsored education. Until university at least 

ferengi80

Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:04 pm

I'm doing an Open Degree through the Open University, have currently done An Introduction to the Social Sciences (Course DD100), and Power, Dissent, Equality: Understanding Contemporary Politics (DD203). I start my next course next month, with Economics and Economic Change (DD202). I'm hoping to throw a bit of georgraphy in as well, as this is a keen area of interest for me.
AF1981 LHR-CDG A380-800 10 July 2010 / AF1980 CDG-LHR A380-800 11 July 2010

akiss20

Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:10 pm

Quoting Ajd1992 (Reply 87):

Is that $400000 as in just under half a million USD?

Ya I am wondering where that number came from? Most of the top tier schools charge around 52K a year, the most expensive maybe around 56. Even 56*4=224,000 not 400,000.
Change will not come if we wait for some other person or some other time. We are the ones we've been waiting for. We are

tropical77W

Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:51 pm

im currently in my fourth year of a joint honours at the University of Ottawa in History and Political Science.

My seminars/lectures this semester include
-History of XXth Century Quebec
-Utopian Fiction
-Empire and Imperialism
-Critique of US Foreign Policy
-International Political Ethics

I finally got most of my political thought courses out of the way......ugh

Fabo

Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:05 pm

Quoting AKiss20 (Reply 89):
Ya I am wondering where that number came from? Most of the top tier schools charge around 52K a year, the most expensive maybe around 56. Even 56*4=224,000 not 400,000.

I guess that is scholarship+living costs? We have free scholarship, but I estimate the yearly cost of about 3000-4000€ to my parents anyway.
The light at the end of tunnel turned out to be a lighted sing saying NO EXIT

flanker

Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:16 pm

SUIC

Aviation Business Mng. / Flight

cabso1

Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:46 am

Quoting NZ107 (Reply 22):
I'm about to start my third year (in March, our summer holidays at the moment down here) of Bachelor of Commerce majoring in Accounting and Finance, then later most likely a graduate diploma in Commercial Law at Auckland University.

A lot of you sound like you're doing much more interesting things than me!

Well I'll be at Auckland this March too, but as a first year with a conjoint in BCom Economics and Finance and a BA French and Spanish. I'll be happy to start after a double gap year.

I'm anxious to see how the Auckland university experience is.

tk747

Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:08 am

Studying Law and Commerce at University of Newcastle

Springbok747

Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:50 am

Wow..thats one expensive course! My whole course (4 year med + hospital placements, internship) is around $45,000 and that is the most expensive course at university. I had no idea someone would spend close to half a million bucks on education!
אני תומך בישראל

BMI727

Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:20 am

Quoting Springbok747 (Reply 95):
My whole course (4 year med + hospital placements, internship) is around $45,000 and that is the most expensive course at university.

I've never looked, but I'd be willing to bet that medical school in the US might cost $45,000 per year, let alone the whole thing.
Why do Aerospace Engineering students have to turn things in on time?

NZ107

Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:45 am

Quoting cabso1 (Reply 93):
Well I'll be at Auckland this March too, but as a first year with a conjoint in BCom Economics and Finance and a BA French and Spanish. I'll be happy to start after a double gap year.

I'm anxious to see how the Auckland university experience is.

Might see you around then! If you don't like accounting, you might be a bit annoyed at the extra accounting papers you'll need for finance. Oh, and maths. Auckland Uni doesn't seem to have a culture at all in comparison to US, or even Otago. But the facilities are pretty good if you manage to get classes in the new business school. There are the odd bad lecturers too. Feel free to PM me or anything if you need help or something!
It's all about the destination AND the journey.

Springbok747

Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:31 pm

Quoting BMI727 (Reply 96):
I've never looked, but I'd be willing to bet that medical school in the US might cost $45,000 per year, let alone the whole thing.

For international students the fee is around $250,000, its the same case here too..internationals pay $200,000 for the course. Local students pay $9000 a year, so it works out cheaper for us compared to international students here in Oz. I think its the same case in the US.
At Harvard Medical School for example:

An estimate of yearly expenses shows that the average cost for an unmarried first-year student will be approximately $66,600 for the 10.5-month academic year 2009-2010. This estimate includes tuition, health service fee and insurance premium, room and board, books, travel, transportation to clinical sites, laundry, and incidentals. Students whose homes are outside the northeast region of the United States may experience travel costs beyond the scope of this estimate.

Tuition fees are $43,000 p.a...

http://hms.harvard.edu/admissions/default.asp?page=admissions
אני תומך בישראל

KingFriday013

Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:49 pm

Quoting KingFriday013 (Reply 12):

There's been a change!

I dropped CSC-162. Now I'm taking
FR-211: Aspects of French Grammar

I'll finish my cluster in Advanced French Language and Cultural Studies (H1FR007) this year!

-J.
Tho' I've belted you an' flayed you, By the livin' Gawd that made you, You're a better man than I am, Gunga Din!