Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

D L X

RE: Rahm Puts His Foot In Mouth

Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:00 pm

Quoting DXing (Reply 43):
Quoting D L X (Reply 25):
now I see what the problem is.

No you don't and as usual you rarely do.

I wouldn't expect you to understand.

Quoting D L X (Reply 25):
How is my comment in response to your argument questioning whether she has no right to stand up for her child or be offended at his remark?

That you would make a point that she doesn't have a right to stand up for her child is point enough to show that you don't get it.

Um, I never said she doesn't have a right to stand up for her child. This is like saying "when did you stop beating your wife?"

Quoting Lowrider (Reply 44):
I have used it in various contexts, such as "retarding the timing on my motorcycle". But as an insult? No.

I find it hard to believe, but I have to take you at your word. When you hear others say it, do you rise in indignance to them too? (Like, I see you haven't shut down JCS, and probably for good reason.)

Quoting NIKV69 (Reply 45):
Quoting D L X (Reply 42):
That means so much coming from someone like you.Yup, not biased at all.

So your telling me Rahm has done a good job?

That is not what I said. I said that you are biased. Your bias prevents you from making any sort of objective critique.

This first year has been a disgrace.

Nope. Again, your bias completely destroys any credibility you could have had.

You think your COS will have enough guts to do that?

First, he's not MY chief of staff, he's Obama's.

Second, he already has apologized.

NOW -- when will Palin attack Limbaugh for the many times he used the word on his show yesterday?

seb146

Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:42 pm

Quoting Seb146 (Reply 30):
something that only one woman finds offensive?

One woman? I guess you missed the memo about the meeting at the White House today.

I find it interesting that no one made a big deal about any of this until Palin made a big deal about this. I wonder why?

Quoting FlyDeltaJets87 (Reply 31):
Whether you'll admit it or not, everything is partisan to you, and even if it's not, YOU will find a way to make it so. You will unnecessarily call out and label those who disagree with you. You're as bad as the right-wingers on here who do the same thing and it contributes nothing to the discussion other than showing how partisan you are deep down. It's predictable and it's not just getting old; it already is.

So, I have to sit here and watch all these stupid partisan attacks from the right and not defend others who share the same opinion as I do? I just sit back and take it or I will be guilted and shouted down with moral indignation? Really? This really goes to show you don't want any other voice besides the right-wing voice. That is no better than Hugo Chavez. A right winger makes a partisan attack, I find flaws/faults with it, try to express why I believe that partisan attack is flawed and I am the one being partisan? And you wonder why I don't apologize for my statments. Very few of you right-wingers do.

I see a pattern developing here: When any Dem or Dem supporter makes any kind of partisan or percieved derrogitory statment, the right-wing starts screaming until they get an apology. To those on the right, here is never any way any statement from any Dem could ever mean more than one thing. But, when any right-winger says something partisan or derrogitory and is called on it, all the right jumps in and starts explaining how it's all in the inflection and that is not what s/he ment and the words got mixed up and the definition of "is" is different in this case.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!

lowrider

Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:00 pm

Quoting D L X (Reply 50):
When you hear others say it, do you rise in indignance to them too?

I work with a pretty mature group of people, so I can't even recall the last time I heard it from someone else. My wife wouldn't use it as an insult, and I don't think I will hear it from my 4 year old for a while yet. However, if I think an insult is over the top in some way, I don't mind telling them. I don't jump up and get all red faced, but a simple, "thats a little harsh, don't you think?" usually gets the point across.

Quoting D L X (Reply 50):
(Like, I see you haven't shut down JCS, and probably for good reason.)

The reason is, if that is how he wants to conduct himself in his private life, he is certainly entitled to. He can hold whatever opinions he pleases and expresses them how he wishes. However, when someone in a leadership position in our government should conduct themselves with a little more restraint in public. Ostensibly, they work for us and represent us to other governments.
Proud OOTSK member

dxing

Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:08 pm

Quoting Seb146 (Reply 51):
I find it interesting that no one made a big deal about any of this until Palin made a big deal about this. I wonder why?

I find it interesting that you didn't bother to read the link before commenting. Palin got it from the WSJ article where it was published first.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...4695158.html?mod=WSJ_WSJ_US_News_5

Interesting article in that it points out the far left want him gone too, although for different reasons.

As to your comment, she has many followers (Some dedicated to just trying to make her look bad at any opportunity, real or imagined) so if she comes out and says something it will be heard.
Warm winds blowing, heating blue skies, a road that goes forever, I'm going to Texas!

D L X

Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:23 pm

Quoting Lowrider (Reply 52):
The reason is, if that is how he wants to conduct himself in his private life, he is certainly entitled to.

Fair enough.  

Quoting Lowrider (Reply 52):
However, when someone in a leadership position in our government should conduct themselves with a little more restraint in public.

To be fair, this wasn't in public.