MoltenRock
Topic Author

Palin Now Takes On "Family Guy"

Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:39 pm

Oh dear, what have those Family Guy writers stepped into now? They've run afoul of the self-proclaimed Retard Police, Sarah Palin and Bill O'Really. After being embarrassed by fighting above her weight class by taking on Rahm and Rush Limbaugh she's decided an animated cartoon was more her level. Family Guy, another FOX show amusingly enough, was blasted by Bill O and it's creator Seth McFarland he called "a hater". Too funny.

When asked about the show, the apparently 12 year old Sarah Palin Tweeted and blogged on her FarceBook page: "It feels like a kick in the gut." Sarah's BFF and daughter Bristol called the show's writers "heartless jerks." I'm waiting for Sarah's next TV appearance to have crib notes scribbled on her hand, "no retard jokes".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tarcoBFVAOA

The episode features the character Chris falling for a girl with Down syndrome. On a date, he asks what her parents do. She replies: "My dad's an accountant, and my mom is the former governor of Alaska."

[Edited 2010-02-17 09:40:08]

mt99

RE: Palin Now Takes On "Family Guy"

Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:44 pm

Quoting MoltenRock (Thread starter):
, another FOX show

She should quit Fox. Show how upset she really is.
Step into my office, baby

kaitak

Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:45 pm

she's decided an animated cartoon was more her level

Well, remember President Bush (the brighter one) took on the Simpsons, back in the early 1990s; that backfired fairly badly.

The problem with taking on a comedy show, regardless of how much they feel "provoked", it comes across as being a "humour police" move. Take it as it is, a fictional comedy show. The sad irony is that most people would be better advised to take "Family Guy" more seriously than Sarah Palin.

vikkyvik

Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:47 pm

The episode features the character Chris falling for a girl with Down syndrome. On a date, he asks what her parents do. She replies: "My dad's an accountant, and my mom is the former governor of Alaska."

Dude, I absolutely lost it when watching the show this past Sunday!

Trust Family Guy to take a hot-button issue, and jump right in the fire.

It was even funnier because Family Guy is on Fox....

Now, to be fair, I don't think the episode was insulting to Trig Palin at all, as Bristol apparently stated:

but insults directed at our youngest brother hurt too much for us to remain silent
I'm watching Jeopardy. The category is worst Madonna songs. "This one from 1987 is terrible".

flanker

Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:47 pm

Oh dear, what have those Family Guy writers stepped into now?

That toon was inappropriate. Seems to me they made fun of her child.

NIKV69

Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:49 pm

Yea really that was totally ridiculous and an obvious slag against her. What a loser that producer is. In lefts attempt to smear this women they are going to err quite badly.
Nikon from day one, Nikon till I die.

seb146

Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:49 pm

I saw this story a couple of days ago. How stupid to be offended at a cartoon. That show is so out there and not worth being offended over. There are things on that show that rub me the wrong way, but for God's sake: It's a freakin' cartoon! I even saw that episode and I never heard that line, nor did I even make the connection between Palin and that cartoon girl. Palin says she has "thick skin" but I call BS on that one. She needs to grow up and fight real fights instead of with a freakin' cartoon!
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!

EA772LR

Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:57 pm

Irregardless of where one stands with Sarah Palin, I think that it would be best for the left to simply ignore Sarah Palin. Insulting her in any kind of way will not help the lefts' quest to smear her. There are millions of Americans that do like or respect Sarah Palin for their own reasons, and when they feel that she's constantly being stabbed at, that only hurts the left. IMHO she's not electable for same reasons that Hillary Clinton isn't electable. She's too polarizing. She's obviously some kind of threat to the left, otherwise, why continue to make stabs at her?? Liberals will say "she does enough damage on her own"...well then let her do her own damage. No need to throw petty attacks at her or her family. She isn't even an active politician, and yet she comes across as so threatening to the left...crikey!!!!!
We often judge others by their actions, but ourselves by our intentions.

clemsonaj

Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:58 pm

So when a right winger uses satire it's fine, but when a left leaning comedy show on Fox does it it's below the belt?

PacNWjet

Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:59 pm

Shouldn't the subject heading for this thread read "Family Guy Now Takes On Palin"? I hate to sound like an eight year-old, but the creators of Family Guy started it. Palin just responded. She could have said nothing, but so can any person when he or she is taunted. People speak up when they are offended. What's so unusual about that?

bohica

Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:00 pm

Obviously the "Family Guy" program was making fun of Sarah Palin. Sarah tries to turn this around by saying that the FOX network is making fun of people with down syndrome. Did Sarah Palin forget she now works for FOX? This is just another example of the disease she is suffering. It's called foot-in-the-mouth disease. Every time she opens her mouth she sticks her foot in it.

EA772LR

Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:03 pm

Quoting Bohica (Reply 10):
This is just another example of the disease she is suffering. It's called foot-in-the-mouth disease. Every time she opens her mouth she sticks her foot in it.

Sounds like our President and particularly the one and only VeeP...Joe Biden.  
Quoting PacNWjet (Reply 9):
People speak up when they are offended. What's so unusual about that?

I agree, however, rather than attack the FOX network, why not attack the script writers for Family Guy?? That'd have been far more appropriate and not such a gross generalization.
We often judge others by their actions, but ourselves by our intentions.

MoltenRock
Topic Author

Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:06 pm

Quoting NIKV69 (Reply 5):
Yea really that was totally ridiculous and an obvious slag against her. What a loser that producer is. In lefts attempt to smear this women they are going to err quite badly.

"The left"? Family Guy a cartoon on FOX is "leftist"? Have you seen the show? They've made fun of every idiot Republican, Democrat, gays, asians, whites, blacks, Bill Clinton, Hillary, Bush, Kim Jong-il, cancer victims, you name it they've poked fun at them.

It's pretty tough to get upset about a cartoon with a talking dog, an evil baby bent on world domination, in the suburbs of upstate NY.

iairallie

Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:11 pm

Quoting seb146 (Reply 6):
Palin says she has "thick skin" but I call BS on that one. She needs to grow up and fight real fights instead of with a freakin' cartoon!

Protecting and defending your kids isn't a real fight? It's easy to have a thick skin when something is directed at you personally but when people make fun of your children it is a low blow that really rankles.
Enough about flying lets talk about me!

4holer

Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:17 pm

Can't stand Palin.
And I love Family Guy.
But she's right on this.
Some places you just don't go. Great, have a chuckle in the writing room, but then move on to other ideas.
It's just pretty low.
Remember "TV Funhouse"? Great show, with an edgy humor. But TV Funhouse died to me when they decided that cancer jokes were funny (George Wendt episode). It's just not funny.
Ghosts appear and fade away.....................

MoltenRock
Topic Author

Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:26 pm

If we use the yardstick so many pro-FOX news posters here do, Family Guy's 7 to 8 million viewers is 3 times more than FOX prime time news, so therefore more people find it more compelling using their own logic.

As is standard practice when someone announces a complaint or boycott viewership soars! It's one of the most downloaded clips on the net this week. FOX has a great HD streaming video feed.

http://www.fox.com/watch/familyguy

The episode is Extra-Large Medium.

[Edited 2010-02-17 10:35:57]

Tugger

Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:33 pm

So wait, we need to be PC and careful in what we say so as to be appropriate to those that are different from us? I assume that Ms. Palin feels the same when the show mocks Muslims, homosexuals, black people, Jews, etc.? I may understand her ire but it is what it is, in this society everyone mocks everyone, from TV and radio show hosts, to sitcoms, movies and animated TV shows.

Tugg
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. - W. Shatner
Productivity isn’t about getting more things done, rather it’s about getting the right things done, while doing less. - M. Oshin

777236ER

Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:33 pm

Regardless of her politics (and I really don't agree with those) when did taking the piss out of disabled kids become acceptable?

Family Guy is awful, awful television. Its 'jokes' are a bunch of disconnected pop culture references, with no real plots or wit. What's worse the show regularly mocks minorities and re-enforces negative stereotypes. It tries to suggest its post-modern; but actually its humour comes from gawkings gags against soft targets and the vulnerable.
Your bone's got a little machine

Revelation

Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:34 pm

I feel Sarah Palin's fifteen minutes of fame are rapidly slipping past her...

Quoting MoltenRock (Reply 12):
It's pretty tough to get upset about a cartoon with a talking dog, an evil baby bent on world domination, in the suburbs of upstate NY.

Unless you have an agenda...
Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world
The heart has its beaches, its homeland and thoughts of its own
Wake now, discover that you are the song that the morning brings
The heart has its seasons, its evenings and songs of its own

doug_or

Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:35 pm

in the suburbs of upstate NY.

You've just made a very small state very angry
When in doubt, one B pump off

MoltenRock
Topic Author

Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:46 pm

Quoting doug_Or (Reply 19):
You've just made a very small state very angry

Sorry, you're right. It's Quahog, RI. My bad.

NIKV69

Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:50 pm

Quoting clemsonaj (Reply 8):
So when a right winger uses satire it's fine, but when a left leaning comedy show on Fox does it it's below the belt?

Show me a right winger doing somethng like this. Source please.

Quoting Revelation (Reply 18):
I feel Sarah Palin's fifteen minutes of fame are rapidly slipping past her...

LOL, you kidding? She is gaining more and more strength. Denial is an ugly thing huh?

Ed Schultz and MSNBC made a special live news segment just to cover her speech at the tea party convention. Does that sound like someone whos fame is over?

mt99

Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:50 pm

Quoting MoltenRock (Reply 15):
As is standard practice when someone announces a complaint or boycott viewership soars! It's one of the most downloaded clips on the net this week. FOX has a great HD streaming video feed.

Is it hypocritical of her to accept payment for her contributions to FOX now?

FlyDeltaJets87

Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:51 pm

Quoting Bohica (Reply 10):
FOX network is making fun of people with down syndrome. Did Sarah Palin forget she now works for FOX?

While I think the disclaimer is a partial load of BS because I don't really believe a network would run a show that disagrees fully with the manager's own views, remember there is the disclaimer at the beginning of the show that states "The views expressed by the writers are not affiliated nor do they reflect those of the network" (something to that effect).

I love Family Guy - it's one of my favorite shows. I do believe the humor is more left-leaning and right-wing bashing than the other way around but not completely one sided. And I accept that it's a comedy show and I can often see the humor in (most of) their jokes so it's all good to me, even their jokes about conservatives. Family Guy has made fun of race to ethnicity to AIDS and everything in between. It's the way the show is - if you don't like it, don't watch it. But let those of us who do enjoy it watch our show.

The problem is the left has a set of jokes or statements they always get offended and bent out of shape over (usually race or sex) while the right has jokes they get offended over (such as Palin here).

Wrong State. It's Rhode Island.   

Quoting 777236ER (Reply 17):
What's worse the show regularly mocks minorities and re-enforces negative stereotypes.

The show does plenty of mocking against whites and Christians too, so it balances out.
"Let's Roll"- Todd Beamer, United Airlines Flight 93, Sept. 11, 2001

dxing

Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:59 pm

Quoting mt99 (Reply 22):
Is it hypocritical of her to accept payment for her contributions to FOX now?

No because Fox Entertainment and Fox News are seperate entities under the same corporate umbrella.
Warm winds blowing, heating blue skies, a road that goes forever, I'm going to Texas!

Revelation

Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:59 pm

Quoting NIKV69 (Reply 21):
LOL, you kidding? She is gaining more and more strength. Denial is an ugly thing huh?

I just sense that the average person is getting Palin burnout.

Ed Schultz and MSNBC made a special live news segment just to cover her speech at the tea party convention. Does that sound like someone whos fame is over?

The average person doesn't spend much time watching MSNBC or FOX, they are just for news and politics junkies.

As said above, Family Guy has three times the ratings of FOX main news show.

mt99

Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:03 pm

Quoting dxing (Reply 24):

No because Fox Entertainment and Fox News are seperate entities under the same corporate umbrella.

Still.. if she is so outraged, why would she want to even be remotely involved with the same corporate entity? Where is her devotion to her cause?

AirframeAS

Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:06 pm

Quoting 4holer (Reply 14):
Can't stand Palin.
And I love Family Guy.
But she's right on this.
Some places you just don't go. Great, have a chuckle in the writing room, but then move on to other ideas.
It's just pretty low.
Remember "TV Funhouse"? Great show, with an edgy humor. But TV Funhouse died to me when they decided that cancer jokes were funny (George Wendt episode). It's just not funny.

The best post I have seen on this thread so far. And I do agree. There are some things you just cannot do or say, or you are gonna be askin' for trouble....legal trouble for starters....

4holer is right on all accounts.
A Safe Flight Begins With Quality Maintenance On The Ground.

777236ER

Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:07 pm

Quoting FlyDeltaJets87 (Reply 23):

What's worse the show regularly mocks minorities and re-enforces negative stereotypes.

The show does plenty of mocking against whites and Christians too, so it balances out.

No I don't agree with this. The majority of the comedy is targeted against minorities or irrelevent pop culture. When there are more broad attacks, it's always against a small subset of characteristics such as gender, sex or race. It re-enforces negative stereotypes, on 'both sides' of all situations. That doesn't make it right or funny.
Your bone's got a little machine

NIKV69

Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:07 pm

Quoting Revelation (Reply 25):
The average person doesn't spend much time watching MSNBC or FOX, they are just for news and politics junkies.

LOL man you are really in denial huh, O'Reilly is the top rated cable show for how many months? 100? I guess I'm not average huh. Oh well.

DocLightning

Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:09 pm

Oh dear, what have those Family Guy writers stepped into now? They've run afoul of the self-proclaimed Retard Police, Sarah Palin and Bill O'Really. After being embarrassed by fighting above her weight class by taking on Rahm and Rush Limbaugh she's decided an animated cartoon was more her level.

Oh, Ms. Palin...

...Talk show pundits may be on your level but Family Guy is *WAY* out of your league. Do you have ANY idea what kind of skewering you are going to get from them now? You have *NO* idea, do you? None at all... You are now about to pay the price for taking yourself too seriously.

...but I am definitely looking forward to the next episode.  
-Doc Lightning-

"The sky calls to us. If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars."
-Carl Sagan

san747

Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:12 pm

Quoting clemsonaj (Reply 8):

Show me a right winger doing somethng like this. Source please.

Palin herself said it was OK that Rush Limbaugh used the word "retard" 3 times in less than 10 seconds when referring to prominent Democrats because it was "satire."

As for the topic at hand, this article describes exactly why Palin should be celebrating the Family Guy episode, not denouncing it-

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/ellen-...-and-bristol-palin-s_b_464424.html

The basic point the article makes is that yes, there was the obvious Palin reference, but the show treats the character with Down's Syndrome as a typical teenager and conveys the idea that just because you have such a condition, you aren't "different" than "normal" people. She/Trig aren't freaks, they're people just like us, but in an increasingly overly-politically-correct society, admitting such a thing is offensive.

The best quote from the article:

Quote:
Sarah, the genius of this episode is that it made a girl with Down syndrome seem like just another feisty teenager with 'tude. It also gave people in this country a way to get the conversation going about people with disabilities. All you saw, unfortunately, was a character with Down syndrome making a reference to having you as a mom. And what's so wrong with that? How was this poking fun at people with disabilities? Sure, Ellen talks a little funny. That's how some people with Down syndrome and other disabilities sound. If Trig grew up to be as smart and opinionated as Ellen, wouldn't you be proud?
Scotty doesn't know...

BlueElephant

Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:16 pm

If Ms. Palin would have watched the entire episode...she would understand that it was all a joke in the first place as Chris realizes that people with Down Syndrom "are just like everyone else"

Yes Family Guy makes fun of lots and lots of people/places/things....but I think every single person in this thread has in someway been made fun of at least once.

Yes it was directed toward Palin's son, but it was out of humor and the end message was positive. I think this whole thing is over the top.

I think Comedy Central should do a celebrity roast for Sarah Palin, let Colbert and John Stewart host it...see how she handles it.

MoltenRock
Topic Author

Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:20 pm

Quoting DocLightning (Reply 30):
...but I am definitely looking forward to the next episode.  

LOL! I know. Seth MacFarlane does a great job. I love his American Dad show even more. Roger the alcoholic alien is awesome.

Quoting NIKV69 (Reply 29):
LOL man you are really in denial huh, O'Reilly is the top rated cable show for how many months? 100? I guess I'm not average huh. Oh well.

O'Reilly and Fox News have a historical average of 2.6 million viewers for 2009. As I mentioned, Family Guy is usually in the 7 to 8 million range. Seven or eight million is more than 2.6. The numbers get even more skewed in favor of Family Guy once demographics of the 25 to 54 crowd are in there, as they are more valuable to advertisers.

[Edited 2010-02-17 11:24:09]

OA412

Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:27 pm

Regardless of her politics (and I really don't agree with those) when did taking the piss out of disabled kids become acceptable?

I have to agree. A lot of what passes for comedy today is incredibly offensive. But, by the same token, censoring isn't the answer, so it seems that this brand of comedy is something we have to live with.

Family Guy is awful, awful television. Its 'jokes' are a bunch of disconnected pop culture references, with no real plots or wit. What's worse the show regularly mocks minorities and re-enforces negative stereotypes. It tries to suggest its post-modern; but actually its humour comes from gawkings gags against soft targets and the vulnerable.

I have never understood the obsession some people have with Family Guy. I've never found the show to be funny. On the contrary, I find many of the things they say/do vis-a-vis minorities to be quite offensive.

You seem to know a thing or two about denial. Have you completely overlooked the polls that indicate a growing number of people in this country feel that she is unfit for the presidency? Or the polls indicating that she is losing ground among those who once supported her? Your obsession for this woman is making you completely blind to the facts about her.

[Edited 2010-02-17 11:32:26]
Hughes Airwest - Top Banana In The West

Revelation

Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:51 pm

Quoting NIKV69 (Reply 29):

Speaking of denial, I guess you are in denial about this:

Quoting MoltenRock (Reply 15):
If we use the yardstick so many pro-FOX news posters here do, Family Guy's 7 to 8 million viewers is 3 times more than FOX prime time news, so therefore more people find it more compelling using their own logic.

san747

Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:53 pm

Quoting OA412 (Reply 34):

I have to agree. A lot of what passes for comedy today is incredibly offensive. But, by the same token, censoring isn't the answer, so it seems that this brand of comedy is something we have to live with.

Watch the episode. I was expecting something terrible too, but the fact is that the girl with Down's Syndrome was depicted as just a normal girl who happened to talk a little funny. If that's offensive now, I must live under a rock. To me, it almost seems inspiring and empowering.

It's interesting to me that many posters on here who in other threads complain that our society is too politically correct completely make an about face when it comes to this subject.

If there is anything offensive about this situation, it's the fact that Sarah Palin is blatantly exploiting Trig to paint her critics as insensitive, callous, and heartless. She loves to play the victim and act like everyone is out to get her when it suits her, but get her into an insulated situation like a Tea Party rally where she's surrounded by devoted supporters and all of a sudden, she acquires an obnoxious cockiness about her, like she's the savior America has needed since Reagan left office or something.
Scotty doesn't know...

Revelation

Quoting san747 (Reply 31):
As for the topic at hand, this article describes exactly why Palin should be celebrating the Family Guy episode, not denouncing it-

But then she misses the chance to try to add to her fifteen minutes of fame..

787seattle

Quoting 4holer (Reply 14):
Can't stand Palin.
And I love Family Guy.

I completely agree with you. I love Family Guy, but that line and this last episode was a little inappropriate. It gave me a good laugh but it's pretty insulting.
Student - KELN

AGM100

Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:54 pm

I watched Palins rebuttle on Orielly last night ..... She did fine ., Now me on the other hand if someone made fun of my kid like that .... I may want to hunt them down and go righteous on them. As a matter of fact I would ...

Palin handeled it well ... she is getting stronger , and gaining support from the silent majority . I still do not think she will run for President ... but she definalty represents a strong plank in national politics.
You dig the hole .. I fill the hole . 100% employment !

MoltenRock
Topic Author

Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:59 pm

Quoting san747 (Reply 31):
Palin herself said it was OK that Rush Limbaugh used the word "retard" 3 times in less than 10 seconds when referring to prominent Democrats because it was "satire."

She's a hypocrite machine with a FarceBook page. She's a one trick pony, and learned, "hey I can get free air time like I did over that Letterman thing by acting insulted". She'll never call out Limbaugh, Glenn Beck, or even comedian Dennis Miller for the same behavior. This is sooooo "Presidential" like isn't it?

Never pick a fight with anyone who buys ink by the barrel, as the adage goes.

san747

Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:02 pm

Quoting Revelation (Reply 37):

But then she misses the chance to try to add to her fifteen minutes of fame..

True. It's all politics. She needs ammunition (in the form of dubious character assassinations against the producers of a show that appeals to a demographic who largely won't vote for her anyway) to use against her critics, that's really all there is to it.
Scotty doesn't know...

MoltenRock
Topic Author

Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:06 pm

Quoting AGM100 (Reply 39):
Now me on the other hand if someone made fun of my kid like that .... I may want to hunt them down and go righteous on them. As a matter of fact I would ...

If Sarah Palin feels as you do, then no one with such thin skin should run for public office. It's like if working weekends made you hate life and all around you, maybe you shouldn't consider being in the airline business for work. Same goes for thin skinned politicians.

[Edited 2010-02-17 12:21:53]

Klima

Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:12 pm

Quoting san747 (Reply 36):
Watch the episode. I was expecting something terrible too, but the fact is that the girl with Down's Syndrome was depicted as just a normal girl who happened to talk a little funny. If that's offensive now, I must live under a rock. To me, it almost seems inspiring and empowering.

It's interesting to me that many posters on here who in other threads complain that our society is too politically correct completely make an about face when it comes to this subject.

If there is anything offensive about this situation, it's the fact that Sarah Palin is blatantly exploiting Trig to paint her critics as insensitive, callous, and heartless. She loves to play the victim and act like everyone is out to get her when it suits her, but get her into an insulated situation like a Tea Party rally where she's surrounded by devoted supporters and all of a sudden, she acquires an obnoxious cockiness about her, like she's the savior America has needed since Reagan left office or something.

Quoted for truth.

AGM100

Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:13 pm

Quoting MoltenRock (Reply 40):

Dont you get that Rush was not calling a group of people retards like Rham was. Rush talking about the use of the word and how it was used by a democrat on a democrat ... he just happened to agree with Rham thats all   And Rush is not a political figure and has no power over anything he is a private citezen ... much less cheif of staff for the President. !

Palin knows that Rham is a bad ass knuckle dragging political thug .,.. and she sent some H&I fire his way. I loved it ... Rahm deserves everything he gets ... and somehow I think in the end he will get even. She is also right about Rahm giving the President terrible advise .... he has been a total failure .. but Rahm always escapes the rough stuff by staying below the radar. GO Palin ... chase him down..expose that boy. !! .

san747

Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:17 pm

Quoting Klima (Reply 43):

Quoted for truth.

I'm not sure, are you agreeing with me?  
Scotty doesn't know...

MoltenRock
Topic Author

Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:21 pm

Quoting AGM100 (Reply 44):
And Rush is not a political figure and has no power over anything he is a private citezen ... much less cheif of staff for the President. !

I didn't realize that Seth MacFarlane was in the administration. Who knew? He must be Czar of Comedy? Under-Secretary to the Vice President on satirical speech writing?  

AGM100

Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:35 pm

Quoting MoltenRock (Reply 46):
I didn't realize that Seth MacFarlane was in the administration. Who knew? He must be Czar of Comedy? Under-Secretary to the Vice President on satirical speech writing

I like Family guy ..its good for a laugh once in a while . Seth has the right to make fun of who ever he wants ... and Palin has the right to object . But when the COS for the President calls people fucking retards .... that deserves a wack just for the fun of it for nothing else.

Adam T.

Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:37 pm

If you have read or seen interviews with Seth McFarland (the writer, creator of Family Guy) you will know he is one of the most liberal people you can find. In my view the whole point of Family Guy is to make fun of American culture and things that people make a huge deal about or blow out of proportion.

As for Sarah Palin - honestly, I just don't find her to be as competent as she and her supporters make her out to be so I ignore her.

MoltenRock
Topic Author

Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:43 pm

For the record:

Emanuel told a liberal strategy group in August 2009 that their plan to run advertisements against conservative Democrats who were balking at Mr. Obama's health-care overhaul was grossly unwise and "F**ing retarded".

A big to do about nothing at all as well. Palin is a comedian's dream to step into Bush's place. The stuff just writes itself.