|Quoting AverageUser (Reply 185):|
The recent Arctic ice loss must be just a token of symphaty the ice takes in order to comply with the hoaxer-originated NASA results?
Is compensated by Antartic ice increase. The planet - surprise - is subject to regional variations. Remember, you are still FAR
from proving anthropogenic global warming even if all the arctic ice dissapears (which it will not - any time soon or at all).
Let us recap what you have to do:
1. Prove that current temperature trends unequivocally indicate warming beyond the typical post-ice age long term trend
* Do not use data sets that are under suspicion of cherry picking (Yamal), station dropping (GHCN), goal directed "adjusting" (CRU, GISS) unless they have been cleared by an independent audit
2. Prove that the warming you proved in (1) is unprecedented
* Don't forget that Dr. Phil Jones himself has stated that even the CRU/IPCC fudged data does not support this.
3. Prove that CO2 concentration is the cause of the unprecedented warming you proved in (1) and (2)
* You will have to conclusively, causally prove this, not merely show correlation. This means eliminating all natural factors that could be causal to warming, such as (but not limited to) cloud coverage variation, solar activity variation, water vapor concentration, ocean heat storage variations, etc.
4. Prove that you know the sensitivity of the temperatures to the CO2 concentration you have shown in (3) to be causal to warming
* Is it linear? Logarithmic? Exponential? Which are the feedback mechanisms? Are they positive? Negative? How much? Again, single variable statistical regression over 20 years is unacceptable, you must account for all the known data - including the CO2 free Medieval Warm Period.
5. Based on the definite model you demonstrated in (4), identify the temperature shift expected assuming mankind continues current CO2 emission trends. Prove that this temperature shift will cause catastrophic consequences.
* Sea level rise? Crop failure? Himalayan glacier melting? Hurricanes? Amazon drought? No debunked nonsense here please.
Almost 190 posts into the thread and still step one unaccomplished.