Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

fridgmus
Topic Author

So Long Iraq! Hello Afghanistan!

Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:37 pm

Hey Everybody,

After Six years in Iraq, my company transferred me to Afghanistan! We'll see how this story turns out! Hopefully in a good way.

Just wanted to say thanks to "My A.Net Family" for being there throughout it all   . I should have joined up sooner!

All of you made my time in Iraq so much better. Hopefully the Iraqi's will get their act together, but only time will tell.

Now it's the Afghani's turn. Still hoping for the best for the Afghani people.

I'm in Helmand Province and still taking care of MY Marines!

Marc,

AKA, "Fridgmus"
The Lockheed Super Constellation, the REAL Queen of the Skies!

Mudboy

RE: So Long Iraq! Hello Afghanistan!

Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:01 pm

Quoting fridgmus (Thread starter):

So I take it you were at Al Asad?

I am at Balad, and did some time in the Green Zone. Good luck in Afghan, it is a whole different world than Iraq. Much more exciting though 
Stay Safe!!

varigb707

Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:13 pm

God Bless you guys out there.
First, I said 'hey' and then I said 'now'. "Hey Now!" - Hank K.

HAWK21M

Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:12 pm

Lots of Good work being done in Afghanistan & a lot of attacks from the Bad guys there.
regds
MEL.
I may not win often, but I damn well never lose!!! ;)

comorin

Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:15 pm

Thank you for taking care of the Bad Guys out there so that we don't have to at home.

We're with you all the way and wish you a safe return.

AGM100

Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:09 pm

Good luck Fridgmus ..... Afghanistan is nice this time of year ehh ? Nothing beats the nightlife in Kabul and the chicks of the Helmand province are wild and crazy good !

Give our best wishes to the troops ....
You dig the hole .. I fill the hole . 100% employment !

Superfly

Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:20 pm

Best wishes to you Marc and all the brave men & women in our armed services fighting the good fight. Be safe and we all hope for a speedy effort and safe return.
I look forward to hanging out with you again in Bangkok or San Francisco.
We've got a lot of catching up to do!
Bring back the Concorde

Airstud

Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:42 pm

Quoting comorin (Reply 4):
Thank you for taking care of the Bad Guys out there so that we don't have to at home.

We're with you all the way and wish you a safe return.

Pancakes are delicious.

fridgmus
Topic Author

Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:01 pm

Quoting Mudboy (Reply 1):
So I take it you were at Al Asad?

Yes, I was at Al Asad and before that Ubaydi, Baharia, Fallujah, Al Taqqaddam, Tikrit, Kirkuk, Ad Duluiyah and finally Balad as my first station in Iraq. When I arrived in Balad in Jan 2004, it was mostly tents and you could easily walk or even drive onto the airfield itself! Guess times have changed there huh? Never made it to the party that was the Green Zone. Always wanted a "Hero shot" of me with the huge crossed sabers in the background!

Quoting AGM100 (Reply 5):
Good luck Fridgmus ..... Afghanistan is nice this time of year ehh ? Nothing beats the nightlife in Kabul and the chicks of the Helmand province are wild and crazy good !

Give our best wishes to the troops ....

Thanks AGM, I will. As for the women.....The only ones here are in uniform, with the exception of the very lovely British ladies who work at the British Post Exchange on their side of the base!

Thank you all very much for the wonderful comments! You are all truly "My Family"!

Ciao for now,

Marc

Dreadnought

Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:05 am

All the best, man.

I just thought this might be appropriate:

Democrats haven't been this angry since we took away their slaves.

cannibalz3

Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:45 am

I'm swinging through FOB Shank, not your territory but let me know if you get up there.

HKA

Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:00 am

I'm swinging through FOB Shank, not your territory but let me know if you get up there. Just mak

Quoting HAWK21M (Reply 3):

The problem with the 'good guys' is that wherever they go, they cause bloodshed. They started it in Afghanistan 30 years ago, and the country is still bleeding. Before everything was peaceful. They came in Iraq, and there is bloodshed ever then. Now also in Pakistan. 99% Muslims don't support your good guys. So please go home and take care of your borders rather than invading other countries.

Mudboy

Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:48 am

Quoting HKA (Reply 11):
The problem with the 'good guys' is that wherever they go, they cause bloodshed. They started it in Afghanistan 30 years ago, and the country is still bleeding. Before everything was peaceful. They came in Iraq, and there is bloodshed ever then. Now also in Pakistan. 99% Muslims don't support your good guys. So please go home and take care of your borders rather than invading other countries.

Dude, you have no clue, just keep watching CNN, and complain about the world.

BHMNONREV

Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:56 am

Quoting fridgmus (Thread starter):
After Six years in Iraq, my company transferred me to Afghanistan! We'll see how this story turns out! Hopefully in a good way.

Take care of yourself and keep your head down...

Talk of me headed that way, if I get over there I will look you up. But for now, it's Baghdad for me.. 6 years and counting..lol

fridgmus
Topic Author

Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:39 pm

Quoting Dreadnought (Reply 9):
All the best, man.

I just thought this might be appropriate:
OUTSTANDING! Dreadnought! Many thanks.

Quoting cannibalZ3 (Reply 10):
I'm swinging through FOB Shank, not your territory but let me know if you get up there.

Will do, if you're ever at Leatherneck, let me know and we'll try to link up.

Quoting BHMNONREV (Reply 13):
Take care of yourself and keep your head down...

Talk of me headed that way, if I get over there I will look you up. But for now, it's Baghdad for me.. 6 years and counting..lol

Thanks B, who knows, you just might end up over here! Bumped into a lot of guys I knew in Iraq!

Fly, my Brother, no chubbies here! They're all in uniform and "skinny"......at least by our "Standards"!!! Don't worry, somehow we'll link up in SFO or BKK!

Thanks to all,

Take care,

F

HKA

Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:25 am

Quoting Mudboy (Reply 12):

I pretty well know what I am talking about. Go and talk to any muslim in the muslim or arab world and they will say the same thing. The only people that support your """"good guys""" is some of the corrupt governments that you shut them with money or get rid of them like Saddam. Your media has brainwashed you... unless your guys are there for some other reason..stealing someone's oil comes to my mind.

brons2

Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:37 am

Quoting HKA (Reply 11):

I seem to remember the Soviets being the ones in Afghanistan 30 years ago. Not sure how we "started it" back then. Who is the "they" that you refer to?

We actually helped the Mujahideen back then, but I suppose that's a whole other discussion entirely.
Firings, if well done, are good for employee morale.

iwenttoYXEonce

Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:57 am

Just wanted to say that this "good guys" thing is pretty stupid. Tell that to the Iraqi families who lost loved ones over the non-existant Iraqi WMD...

Mudboy

Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:04 pm

Quoting HKA (Reply 15):
I pretty well know what I am talking about. Go and talk to any muslim in the muslim or arab world and they will say the same thing. The only people that support your """"good guys""" is some of the corrupt governments that you shut them with money or get rid of them like Saddam. Your media has brainwashed you... unless your guys are there for some other reason..stealing someone's oil comes to my mind.

I don't get my news from the media, I am in Iraq. And what you see on CNN is a small percentage of what goes on here. Blood and Guts gets all the publicity, not the building of schools, or water treatment plants, or highways, all that stuff is boring and not news worthy.

Let's see
Good Guys- go in and remove a government, and rebuild the country, and do not leave until it can stand on it's own, regardless of if it is the popular thing to do. Rather than just bombing it into the stone age, and leaving nothing but rubble behind.
Bad Guys- Strap C4 on Kids and tell them to go to the ECP (gate) and the guards will give them candy, and then blow them up. They do the same thing with dogs as well. Whenever their people try to take a step forward and vote, they blow everyone up. They kidnap family members of people that live in villages close to bases and tell them if they don't shoot motars and rockets at the bases from their back yard, they will send pieces of them home everyday until they do.

I am proud to be one of the good guys, and I am not hiding behind my computer, I am here.
Stay Safe Everyone!

KPDX

Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:23 pm

Quoting Mudboy (Reply 18):
Bad Guys- Strap C4 on Kids and tell them to go to the ECP (gate) and the guards will give them candy, and then blow them up. They do the same thing with dogs as well. Whenever their people try to take a step forward and vote, they blow everyone up. They kidnap family members of people that live in villages close to bases and tell them if they don't shoot motars and rockets at the bases from their back yard, they will send pieces of them home everyday until they do.

Shhhh don't tell them that!!! The Americans are the bad guys! Thats what MSNBC told them.   

AirPacific747

Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:34 pm

Quoting HKA (Reply 15):
.stealing someone's oil comes to my mind.

Lamest explanation ever.

The cost of the war in Iraq has already been many times higher than the profit from the oil that you could get there for many many years.

[Edited 2010-03-16 09:37:35]