Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Springbok747
Topic Author

Who The Hell Buys This Stuff?!

Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:40 pm

Really?! A $91,917.87 watch?! Oh look you save $47,982.13 (34%). I mean..seriously..who the hell buys stuff like this? Its not like many people have $91,917.87 + postage lying around to buy a stupid watch.

Anyone else find any other stupid stuff like this..on amazon or ebay?

http://www.amazon.com/Breguet-Compli...6/dp/B002T4V3W4/ref=pd_sbs_watch_1

Oh..found another one look:

http://www.amazon.com/Zenith-96-0529...h/dp/B001K3IXW8/ref=pd_sbs_watch_1

Newark777

RE: Who The Hell Buys This Stuff?!

Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:46 pm

I hope you read the review for the watch:

When first released, I was initially concerned that I would not have the opportunity to purchase this timepiece due to my daughter requiring a kidney transplant. However, it took a bit longer than I thought it would trying to work her surgery into the budget of this purchase and she passed away 6 weeks before release (talk about "timing"!!!). Thus, I was able to make this finest of purchases, after all. The second watch is in a case commemorating my daughter's memory (I believe my wife had named her Kelly. Or Kristy.)

I bought a time machine yesterday. Turned out to be cheaper than this watch.  

At first I was thinking about buying a small island or a space program but I decided to go for this watch instead. It's really cool, now I don't have to look at my phone to know what time it is.

Well I feel like a sucker. I went ahead and bought this watch figuring it should be great for 123 grand right? It doesn't actually tell time though. I looked at the face and had a hard time seeing the hands. If you can find them, they don't actually move clockwise, they kind of move at random. The watch hurts to wear, and smells bad too, At 3:00 AM it makes a screeching sound that penetrates your mind and makes you want to scratch your eyes out. I had to borrow the money to buy this watch from a guy named guido at 64% interest. so far he has broken three of my fingers and took my car. I tried to throw the infernal thing away and it keeps just showing up. haunting my dreams,at least until I get another three AM wake up screech. I really hate this watch.

BTW, just noticed, but to add insult to injury, they don't even include free shipping.  rotfl 

[Edited 2010-06-09 16:47:44]

Fly2HMO

Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:05 am

Quoting newark777 (Reply 1):
I hope you read the review for the watch:

Hardly legit. Still hilarious of course

pdxtriple7

Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:39 am

Thanks for the laughs. I don't think a single review was serious. I'm interested to see a review from someone who spent an arm and a leg for one of these time pieces.

Stealthz

Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:06 am

Note that "Customers Who Bought Related Items Also Bought"

Casio Men's AQ160WD-1BV Ana-Digi Electro-Luminescent Sport W...
3.9 out of 5 stars (102)
$32.95

I bet I know which one keeps better time!!

AutothrustBlue

Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:53 am

Maybe armies of the world over should look to Amazon next time they go shopping  :

http://www.amazon.com/JL421-Badonkad...iscellaneous&qid=1276134510&sr=8-1

n229nw

Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:25 am

OMG These reviews are the best laugh I've had all week.

Although the scale is exaggerated here, I tend to feel this way about "status" brand products in general--like Rolex, and so on. Or why do people spend $1000 on a handbag just because it says D&G on it? etc. It's like turning yourself into a walking manipulated advertising space...

[Edited 2010-06-09 19:26:37]

Newark777

Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:32 am

For the fans of the over the top reviews, this is the item and review that is credited with starting the meme.

http://www.amazon.com/Mountain-Three-Wolf-Short-Sleeve/dp/B002HJ377A

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/05/25/nyregion/25towns.html

This item has wolves on it which makes it intrinsically sweet and worth 5 stars by itself, but once I tried it on, that's when the magic happened. After checking to ensure that the shirt would properly cover my girth, I walked from my trailer to Wal-mart with the shirt on and was immediately approached by women. The women knew from the wolves on my shirt that I, like a wolf, am a mysterious loner who knows how to 'howl at the moon' from time to time (if you catch my drift!). The women that approached me wanted to know if I would be their boyfriend and/or give them money for something they called mehth. I told them no, because they didn't have enough teeth, and frankly a man with a wolf-shirt shouldn't settle for the first thing that comes to him.

I arrived at Wal-mart, mounted my courtesy-scooter (walking is such a drag!) sitting side saddle so that my wolves would show. While I was browsing tube socks, I could hear aroused asthmatic breathing behind me. I turned around to see a slightly sweaty dream in sweatpants and flip-flops standing there. She told me she liked the wolves on my shirt, I told her I wanted to howl at her moon. She offered me a swig from her mountain dew, and I drove my scooter, with her shuffling along side out the door and into the rest of our lives. Thank you wolf shirt.

Pros: Fits my girthy frame, has wolves on it, attracts women
Cons: Only 3 wolves (could probably use a few more on the 'guns'), cannot see wolves when sitting with arms crossed, wolves would have been better if they glowed in the dark.

n229nw

Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:52 am

Quoting newark777 (Reply 7):
For the fans of the over the top reviews, this is the item and review that is credited with starting the meme.

Sweet! I think I've found a new hobby...

going to Walmart with my Three Wolves Shirt on that is! Off to buy some tube socks now!

mffoda

Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:57 am

Quoting Springbok747 (Thread starter):

Shoot.... I think I just tossed one of those watches in the rubbish... does anyone know what pick-up day is?   

Newark777

Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:00 am

Quoting n229nw (Reply 8):

Sweet! I think I've found a new hobby...

going to Walmart with my Three Wolves Shirt on that is! Off to buy some tube socks now!

The three wolves shirt even made it onto The Office.  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPi6R7HKnfg

Ken777

Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:24 am

Quoting Springbok747 (Thread starter):
Oh..found another one look:

http://www.amazon.com/Zenith-96-0529...h/dp/B001K3IXW8/ref=pd_sbs_watch_1

The real hidden secret on this one is at the bottom of the page where you can scroll right to see the testicle checker.

Closest Smilie I can find?