Moderators: richierich, ua900, hOMSaR

BN747
Topic Author

Palin Runs Into Ordinary Alaska Voter = Trainwreck

Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:37 pm

Palin vs the Teacher

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKflKzmfRCw

Okay, I knew (of course most of us did) that Sarah was an gnat-weight intellectual. Who you really are really surfaces when you decide to take on a challenge you 'deem' manageable. Palin decided to confront a lone woman in Alaska holding up a sign reading 'Worst Governor Ever'. The woman a school teacher rendered Palin - mute (and moot) with little effort whatsoever.

What's more annoying than Palin's mousey voice...? Her security goons attempting stop the discussion from being taped by 1st waving their hand to shutdown the camera, 2-by walking into the frame to block out Palin and the woman, but the videographer was relentless in getting it on tape...and succeeded, with no help form Palin (who acknowledges there's a camera when it's all over ) after being trampled back and forth by her own goon squad.

Anyone who tales this woman seriously as a choice for anything needs to seriously re-examine themselves with regard to being truthful and honest concerned about the country. If thsi is how she (meaning her goons) handle a school teacher...just how do you expect her to behave with any kind of power?

We saw Palin Act I (as Governor) ... is an Act II really necessary for some -er- a rather large number of people who support this nutcase, to actually see it all again?

"To elect candidates who understand the Constitution, to protect our Military Interest so we can keep on fighting for our constitutional protections, um freedoms, um..."

WTF????

The woman reminds Palin she acts on no authority, she's no longer an office holder.

Bristol chimes in to say the she (Sarah) now represents the (whole) United States..."

Okay Bristol, you just showed the world the trajectory of your brain 'pattern/thought process'... and they are headed into the same zone and your mom -- disastrous. Just say the 1st thing that comes to your mind and hope people will believe you...although you know it's not true in any shape or form.

And for anticipating the atypical canned response of 'why does she bother you, are you afraid of her?'

Answer: YES, in the EXACT same manner in which I'm afraid of a 4-year old waving around a loaded .38. -- Palin is the Adult version of that bar none! IGNORANCE coupled with POWER does scare me...history teaches all of us, that you should be very scared!

BN747
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson

airportugal310

RE: Palin Runs Into Ordinary Alaska Voter = Trainwreck

Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:52 pm

While I agree with everything you say, I couldn't be bothered to watch any video with SP in it
“They bought their tickets, they knew what they were getting into. I say, let 'em crash.”

sv7887

Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:13 pm

Quoting BN747 (Thread starter):
Okay, I knew (of course most of us did) that Sarah was an gnat-weight intellectual. Who you really are really surfaces when you decide to take on a challenge you 'deem' manageable. Palin decided to confront a lone woman in Alaska holding up a sign reading 'Worst Governor Ever'. The woman a school teacher rendered Palin - mute (and moot) with little effort whatsoever.

This is probably the first time I'd agree with you. I don't get the whole Palin thing at all. It was just a desperate attempt by McCain to get some energy into this flailing campaign at the time. The whole "Hockey Mom" thing is just an act, the lady is pretty ruthless and doesn't seem to have grasp of the basics when it comes to policy. Watching the Palin during the VP debate with Biden was just painful. I hope to god they don't run her in 2012.

futurepilot16

Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:33 pm

Hahahahhaahahaahahahaaaahhahaaaaaa. That's funny.

I don't expect much better though, from Plain or any politician for that matter. Most politicians look and sound smart on TV because they're being spoon fed, questions that they were able to rehearse.

Then you have somebody like Palin, who can't even answer the basic question "How are you helping to uphold free speech". If she supports it, how the hell can't she answer that? It just goes to show you how a person can spout out a bunch of garbage, and because no one asks them the tough questions, they sound smart.
"The brave don't live forever, but the cautious don't live at all."

BAKJet

Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:36 pm

And when the woman says she a teacher, Palin reacts as if that's a bad thing. What is up with that?

avent

Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:38 pm

What I find galling is how she talks about freedoms and protecting the constitution and her thug bodyguard is doing his utmost to interfere with the person making the video.

The videographer lost a great opportunity in not asking her why her thugs were interfering with his equipment and interfering with his rights to document free speech.

AGM100

Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:05 pm

I would love to see the President go up and engage a protester hanging a sign that reads "worsts president ever" ... he would never in a million years have the courage for that. Without a teleprompter close by ... to avoid a " America is not what it once was ..uh uh what it once could be " moment...

Palin is not going to run for office so relax ... I maintain that . And if she does ..it would be as a independent since the GOP is afraid of her as well.

Quoting BAKJet (Reply 4):
And when the woman says she a teacher, Palin reacts as if that's a bad thing. What is up with that?

Because teachers driven and organized by the unions are becoming more and more politically outspoken. And of course they are 99.9% anti Palin .... anti GOP and anti conservative.
She knows the unions teamed up with SEIU have sent out action items to the teachers unions and that some teachers are basically becoming straight up DNC operatives. The teacher in this video I would surmise is just that kind of operative. Attack Palin is like #1 on top of the list for the teachers unions .. add Chris Christy as a close #2.
You dig the hole .. I fill the hole . 100% employment !

sv7887

Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:20 pm

Quoting avent (Reply 5):
The videographer lost a great opportunity in not asking her why her thugs were interfering with his equipment and interfering with his rights to document free speech.

It's pretty common with politicians. Obama got all pissed off when he visited the White House Press Room for a social visit and the press started asking him all sorts of policy questions.

Same thing happened in MA when Martha Coakley was running for the Senate. One of her bodyguards pushed a reporter and he fell on the sidewalk. She didn't even cast a glance at him and kept on her way.

And of course Joe Biden....The recent "don't be a smartass" comment at some restaurant all because the cashier jokingly asked him to lower his taxes.

It's pretty common on both sides of the aisle. The arrogant enlightened politicians don't like to answer to us common folk.

mt99

Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:22 pm

Quoting AGM100 (Reply 6):
I would love to see the President go up and engage a protester hanging a sign that reads "worsts president ever" ... he would never in a million years have the courage for that. Without a teleprompter close by ... to avoid a " America is not what it once was ..uh uh what it once could be " moment...

There was once a plumber, whose name was Joe...

Interesting comment - and we have another thread blasting Obama when he told university students (at a univeristy) that the US need more college graduates.

Is it something against education that Republicans fear?
Step into my office, baby

BN747
Topic Author

Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:46 pm

Quoting sv7887 (Reply 2):
I hope to god they don't run her in 2012.

I hope to god they DO... America's really does need a 'stupidity litmus' test. Her running (and the end result) would tell us all we know about this country.

Quoting avent (Reply 5):
What I find galling is how she talks about freedoms and protecting the constitution and her thug bodyguard is doing his utmost to interfere with the person making the video

No kidding, that woman should have pointed to the goons and said ... " like my freedoms right now are being violated by your goons in trying to shoot this video?...those freedoms?"

Because teachers driven and organized by the unions are becoming more and more politically outspoken. And of course they are 99.9% anti Palin

As they should be...look at what education has done for Palin....dumber than she was up graduating than when she went in...

....it counters their efforts! She's the ultra example of ignorance-in-charge.

BN747
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson

D L X

Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:08 pm

Quoting mt99 (Reply 8):
Is it something against education that Republicans fear?

Yes.

It harkens back to The Crown in England when the printing press was developed. It was a supreme threat to the Crown to have the masses literate and able to read the bible for themselves instead of going to the Crown to get the Word of God. So the result? Banning printing presses - keep the masses dumb. That way they'll believe anything you say.

This is exactly the move Republicans are doing now - if you're smart, you're an elitist. So don't be smart. Just listen to what we say.

avent

Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:08 pm

Quoting sv7887 (Reply 7):
Quoting avent (Reply 5):

It's pretty common on both sides of the aisle. The arrogant enlightened politicians don't like to answer to us common folk.

I agree it's common for them to want controlled sessions, but I don't think it's common to have them to go and solicit input from a member of the public all the while having their goons deliberately interfere with media types. It's especially bizarre to do so when making an issue of how much one is defending freedoms and the constitution.

UAL747

Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:48 pm

Average IQ numbers and education levels are lower in the Red States than they are in the Blue. It's not made up, it's a fact.

Higher IQ and higher education lead to more voters for democrats. THIS is why Republicans are so anti-college. It is also why they demonize higher education calling college professors communists.

That is the weird thing about the republican party. For the most part, the majority of Senators and Reps generally have a college degree if not a post graduate or law degree. Some medical. But they pander to the stupid and keep stupid stupid for the sake of votes.

Notice that in the Red states, there are more Evangelical Christians as well..........If it makes your brain hurt to try and understand, just blame it/credit it to God. Nothing more.

Before you start bashing me, I live in a state that ranks no. 48 in Education, and one of the most "Evangelical" states in the country as well. Catholics were rumored to burn in hell around here. And I'm not kidding. Don't get me started on what they say about the Jews. We just discovered Islam here on 9/11. (I'm really serious about some people). But what common thread do they all have? REPUBLICAN. Oklahoma was the ONLY state in the past Presidential Election that went ALL red in ALL 77 counties. I feel so proud.

UAL
"Bangkok Tower, United 890 Heavy. Bangkok Tower, United 890 Heavy.....Okay, fine, we'll just turn 190 and Visual Our Way

AGM100

Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:50 pm

Quoting mt99 (Reply 8):
There was once a plumber, whose name was Joe...

Yes ... and axlerod wont risk another Joe the Plumber moment either ...

Quoting BN747 (Reply 9):
....it counters their efforts! She's the ultra example of ignorance-in-charge.

HAHAH ya teachers unions care about education ! Please ...do go on.....

Quoting UAL747 (Reply 12):
Oklahoma was the ONLY state in the past Presidential Election that went ALL red in ALL 77 counties. I feel so proud.

So ..what do you want .?... the central government to send in special Columbia educated training units and set up re education camps ? .... man you sound arrogant . Seems to me the people of OK were absolutely correct , this administration has done nothing for them ..... Good job Oklahoma ! You were spot on ...

Ken777

Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:06 pm

She knows that the teacher isn't making enough money to make a decent contribution.

I would love to see the President go up and engage a protester hanging a sign that reads "worsts president ever" ... he would never in a million years have the courage for that.

The President went on The View - morning TV show with 4 or 5 women asking the questions. Biden was there today.

Live TV with various smart gals (including a conservative Republican) asking all they wanted? We'll see if Palin will do that when she's running for president. And we'll see if she drops "answers" that avoid the questions totally - like her debate with Biden.

AGM100

Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:28 pm

Quoting Ken777 (Reply 14):
We'll see if Palin will do that when she's running for president.

I don't think she is going to run Ken ... and I don't think she is qualified anyway. I really don't .. she needs more time. But I really do believe the democrats fear her and her message . She like me is from another time ...when political reconciliation was possible we are way beyond that now.

As far as her education ..
I once heard a commentator speak about Bill Gates ... and how unqualified he appears on a resume. If Bill Gates applied for a job at Micro Soft with his resume from 1980 or whatever he would not get hired. So .. there is much more to CEO 's and real leaders than education ..period. That is all I am saying ...

UAL747

Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:30 pm

Quoting AGM100 (Reply 13):
So ..what do you want .?... the central government to send in special Columbia educated training units and set up re education camps ? .... man you sound arrogant . Seems to me the people of OK were absolutely correct , this administration has done nothing for them ..... Good job Oklahoma ! You were spot on ...

Umm, no, not really.....

I would however, like Oklahoma to spend more money on Education, and perhaps less on Football and Religion. A rank of 48 out of 50 on education is terrible, but by god, we have some of the best football players in the country! That's not arrogance, that's just calling a spade a spade. I never quite understood why all of a sudden a college degree is somehow elitist, and aspiring to be at the best universities our country provides is also elitist, and feeling that people should aspire to that is also elitist. Doesn't make sense....to me at least.
"Bangkok Tower, United 890 Heavy. Bangkok Tower, United 890 Heavy.....Okay, fine, we'll just turn 190 and Visual Our Way

UAL747

Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:34 pm

Quoting AGM100 (Reply 15):
But I really do believe the democrats fear her and her message .

I don't fear her message. When has she ever sent a clear and concise message to fear? I DO, however, fear her being in office because I think she's way under-qualified and somewhat of a hot head.

Why do you label us as fearing her when we just think she's an idiot who is an pentecostal nut job who tolerates gays, shoots moose from a helicopter, believes in creationism, and never answers a damn question. She's much more of a celebrity than any type of serious politician. But you are right, I do fear her being in office after what I've seen of her since the RNC in 2008.

Why does every conservative think liberals fear Palin? There's nothing to fear but her stupidity. What, other than that, is threatening about her?

UAL

[Edited 2010-08-09 17:11:58]

BN747
Topic Author

Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:54 pm

But I really do believe the democrats fear her and her messag

Okay, we're not talking about 'race or racism' her which seems to trip you up at every turn...(read that book you said you'd read yet? - - somehow...I doubt it)....but we're talking about a simple person, not a deep thinking complexed person...but a truly simple and simple-minded individual.

Now that we are clear on that point, if you what you said above is true.."that YOU think democrats fear her (a simple minded individual) and her 'message'...then you're skills of reading 'opposite politics' is about as sharp as your skills of understanding race in America. You've said you wanted to America to prosper...how can a complexed, if not the most complexed society to date..be advanced to prosperity with a complete simpleton at the helm? Please explain that.

That short video just showed it all.

Palin blathering about freedom while standing by and watching her security goons try to shutdown recording a simple conversational exchange. A cognizant person would have stopped them dead their tracks and said ...'Guys, back off...let the woman have her say and let the camera roll." and cowardly hypocritical shill would have done what Palin did...blabber about freedom while using force and fear in an attempt to intimidate a single woman. That video must be painful for you to watch...and act like you're not seeing what is woefully obvious. A completely unqualified person (as you've said)...while in another breath saying 'Dems fear her and her message...' the video shows - quite clearly I might add - she has no messege!

Her messege and strategy is simple .. play to the simple minded and hope the crowds swells so much .. that no one notices that there's no substance, no qualifications and there's no 'depth' there ...of anykind. Did I miss any part of her messege?

BN747

ltbewr

Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:03 am

Because teachers driven and organized by the unions are becoming more and more politically outspoken. And of course they are 99.9% anti Palin .... anti GOP and anti conservative.
She knows the unions teamed up with SEIU have sent out action items to the teachers unions and that some teachers are basically becoming straight up DNC operatives. The teacher in this video I would surmise is just that kind of operative. Attack Palin is like #1 on top of the list for the teachers unions .. add Chris Christy as a close #2.

I would put New Jersey gov Crispy Cream #1 as the ememy of teachers as to State Governors, he has caused 3000 teacher to be fired in the state especially in the low income cities that could least lose them. At least Alaska hasnt' cut a simlilar proportion of teachers in her home state.

I wish SP would see the fool that she is and go away back to her cabin in Alaska.

einsteinboricua

Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:25 am

Quoting avent (Reply 5):
What I find galling is how she talks about freedoms and protecting the constitution and her thug bodyguard is doing his utmost to interfere with the person making the video.

Once I saw them, all I thought was about the 20th anniversary of the Tienanmen Square Massacre when many foreign journalists were banned from Tienanmen Square and those that were nearby were blocked with umbrellas.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGHd2bPn4ZU

Pretty funny indeed that she talks about protecting the Constitution and doesn't do anything about her bodyguard.
"You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky."

rwsea

Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:49 pm

I can see why Sarah & Co. didn't want this on tape. It's not because of the policy "debate" (and I use the term lightly) itself, but because Palin comes across as a sarcastic, dim-witted teenager in this video. "Oh really, I'm so flattered that you want me as your governor". " Oh, I'm so happy that you think I'm a celebrity", etc. It really shows how little class this woman actually has, and that she simply can't debate the facts without resorting to the type of behavior I would expect to witness at a junior high school.

Quoting BN747 (Reply 18):
Her messege and strategy is simple .. play to the simple minded and hope the crowds swells so much .. that no one notices that there's no substance, no qualifications and there's no 'depth' there ...of anykind. Did I miss any part of her messege?

Quoting UAL747 (Reply 17):
I don't fear her message. When has she ever sent a clear and concise message to fear? I DO, however, fear her being in office because I think she's way under-qualified and somewhat of a hot head.

Agreed - clearly none of her policies can be feared because she has no substance. What I fear is that she could at some point end up in a true leadership position. The woman has no intellectual curiosity, no substance to her messages, no coherent argument. She's just a diva who was thrown into the spotlight overnight and is thriving with all of the attention. I mean, the woman didn't understand that Africa was a continent made up of several countries (she thought it was one big country). She had never been outside of the US before running for VP. The fact that she's an uneducated moron (and a happily uneducated moron at that) isn't the issue - the issue is that apparently there is a not-insignificant portion of the population that thinks this woman is qualified to lead the country, and is a source of inspiration.

In the not-to-distant past, the US elected another ignorant, intellectually devoid person to the presidency. We all saw how that turned out. We don't want to see history repeat itself.

AGM100

Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:22 pm

Stop already ... you don't need to worry about her. Even if she did win ...the US is beyond recovery anyway. Amazing , just got off the phone with a mortgage company offering me a pre approved Fannie Mae buy out of one of my properties.!! 100% buy out of a upside down mortgage ...think about it ? Out pushing Fannie Mae mortgages to someone like me .... amazing . I would die before I would accept a FM loan .... corruption ... and you fools are paying for it from your paychecks. They now own 90% of US mortgages ... and are actively out buying up all they can get. Fools ... ship of fools.

No you need not worry about Palin ... your side is in control ...the future belongs to the left. Now quit bitching about Palin and figure out how you are going to lead us into the bright future... this economy is now yours and your parties... stop trying to feint the issue.

mt99

Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:25 pm

Quoting AGM100 (Reply 28):
US is beyond recovery anyway

You want to quit being an American?

BN747
Topic Author

Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:41 pm

Quoting AGM100 (Reply 28):
Stop already

Why? ... Is this fingernails on a chalkboard for you? Why do you keep coming back and reading this if it agonizes you so?

And you've yet to share with us 'exactly' what her message is...I'd really like to hear it.

BN747

AGM100

Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:05 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3CooMIYdbI

All you need to see about Palin is right here .... and she sure as hell does not sound like the idiot that you all and SNL make her out to be . Joe Biden .... it is redistribution of wealth... your ...boss said so ... and the middle class is getting a tax hike under your new plans its called universal health care . Palin nailed them straight up ... and we are living it today and will be for the far distant future.

BAKJet

Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:31 pm

Quoting AGM100 (Reply 31):

When asked about taxes, Palin replies that we need to support small businesses, but really you know this is a matter of limited government oh and McCain has a good healthcare plan (though she was asked about healthcare). Of course, she totally ignores the facts (as usual). For example, the fact that one of her so-called "small businesses" is exxon mobil.. Typical Palin, and what we are all saying.

Palin nailed them straight up

Who's them? The protected wolves that Palin enjoys hunting from aircraft?

BN747
Topic Author

RE: Palin Runs Into Ordinary Alaska Voter = Trainw

Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:27 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3CooMIYdbI

Palin :"Patriotic is saying Government, you're too often the problem, let the private sector grow and prosper, etc"

Okay, 1st off we know that SHE doesn't know what the hell any of that means, we also know this is the truest case of someone writing that for her and she's literally reading the cue cards handed her trying her very best not to forget what she just read literally seconds ago (writing on the hand seems much more effective for her). But let's not let any of that get in the way...let's take what she just said in the video for what it is...let corporate America run in Amok!

Toyota wouldn't be fined, censured or forced into any type of conciliatory acts.
BP would have had asked for ..and received a complete media blackout in the Gulf - somewhat like Palin's goons in the video re:this thread
Makers of Tylenol wouldn't be having their problems.
Jack Abramoff would himself... or have new super minion-lobbyist in complete control of DC

..and so on. Under no Republican control have you had corporate regulatory crackdowns but just the opposite... complete corporate regulatory dissolution!

AGM, I cannot believe for a second that you posted that clip as a serious defense to Palin as being an ignoramous. The measure of a man is to catch him/her when they have to act, think on their feet in a split second -- NO prep time, just spontaneous, off the cuff reactions..that's when you see what a person is truly made of.

And the school teacher vs Palin .... was Palin to the core, as she really is a person. Just brain-dead. This moment just confirmed the Katie Couric interview to be as authentic as it was broadcast..the woman is dolt. Katie must have been had a bottle of scotch after that sitdown.

Palin's own 'wholesale belief' in herself as some kind of leader, gave her the false courage to walk into the buzzsaw that she encountered. I just can't decide which exchange speaks louder about her - the women saying 'I'm a teacher'....OR Palin babbling at the mouth about fighting for personal FREEDOMS while her goons are trying stop a man from filming on HIS personal and PRIVATE property. Take your pick.

An utter and complete fool slash media whore. The sh*t is outta the horse on this video and no clip you post can put it back in.

She's the ultimate American Failure in terms of leadership. Intellectual Conservative women such as Peggy Noonan has called her worse...and rightfully. She's earned it. This video proves it. And it also revealed Bristol not to be the innocent soul as many of us thought her to be...she's drank her mothers Kool-Aid and went back for seconds.

BN747

[Edited 2010-08-10 15:21:12]

A342

Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:46 pm

Quoting BN747 (Reply 9):
I hope to god they DO... America's really does need a 'stupidity litmus' test. Her running (and the end result) would tell us all we know about this country.

One part of me likes that idea, the other part fears the end result is one that cannot be turned back...
Exceptions confirm the rule.

AGM100

Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:02 pm

Quoting BN747 (Reply 33):
Conservative women

Yes we understand ...

AKviator

Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:38 pm

Average IQ numbers and education levels are lower in the Red States than they are in the Blue. It's not made up, it's a fact.

Do you have proof of this? I'm not sayin you're wrong, I believe this also, I would just love to finally have some proof.

But I really do believe the democrats fear her and her message

Everyone in America should fear her. She's unintelligent, insane, and oblivous. My magic eight ball could run the country better.

AGM100

Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:25 pm

Quoting AKviator (Reply 37):
Everyone in America should fear her

Quoting avent (Reply 36):
Did you voice these concerns when the previous administration was loading us up with debt through tax cuts and waging multiple wars?

Why yes, many of us did .... but again address the issue without trying to spin it off on me personally please ? You should be happy and least worried about anything right? ... you are getting most of what you want from this administration right ? I mean he spent 2 trillion dollars on social programs and leftist agenda isn't that enough ?

But I will concede electing radical President Obama ...with Pelosi and Reid has certainly put a turbo boost on the concern level. So If you are trying to get at me that it is all about Barack Obama then ...you are right . Some of us saw it coming ... we actually read his books and understand he is a Marxist who believes America needs a fundamental change. So we are the opposition ... and Palin is as well . Round us up and kill us ...or get over it.

CaliAtenza

Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:34 am

Quoting AGM100 (Reply 38):

But I will concede electing radical President Obama ...with Pelosi and Reid has certainly put a turbo boost on the concern level. So If you are trying to get at me that it is all about Barack Obama then ...you are right . Some of us saw it coming ... we actually read his books and understand he is a Marxist who believes America needs a fundamental change. So we are the opposition ... and Palin is as well . Round us up and kill us ...or get over it.

wow...just wow. Come on man, get over yourself? A Radical? I thought Republicans..or at least the crazy ones, didnt read books  .

LMP737

Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:00 am

And for anticipating the atypical canned response of 'why does she bother you, are you afraid of her?'

Answer: YES, in the EXACT same manner in which I'm afraid of a 4-year old waving around a loaded .38. -- Palin is the Adult version of that bar none! IGNORANCE coupled with POWER does scare me...history teaches all of us, that you should be very scared!

There are politicians who are good at that sort of interpersonel debate, Bill Clinton and Richard Nixon come to mind. Then there are others that are good with a script and if its not on the script they get the deer in the headlights looks.
Never take financial advice from co-workers.

avent

Wed Aug 11, 2010 3:51 am

Did you voice these concerns when the previous administration was loading us up with debt through tax cuts and waging multiple wars?

Why yes, many of us did ....

When? When did you ever criticize the going to war or the wrecking of the economy through taxcuts for the wealthy? When did you criticize waging war without raising the taxes to pay for it?

but again address the issue without trying to spin it off on me personally please ?

When you make statements that show a blatant bias, you have to expect to be called on it in a public forum. You made some emotionally intense criticisms of the government and smeared our president's administration as being a 'ship of fools,' so don't be surprised if your biases are pointed out in response.

Round us up and kill us ...or get over it.

FWIW, this seems like it is you who are making things personal, and ironically, undermines your pretense at being an occasional critic of the previous administration.

D L X

Wed Aug 11, 2010 3:59 am

But I really do believe the democrats fear her and her message .

You keep saying that, and you say that largely to make yourself feel better about this sideshow of a politician. Can't blame you - this is what parents tell their kids when they are bullied: "he makes fun of you because he's jealous. He makes fun of you because he fears you." No son, the truth is, he makes fun of you because you're a wuss.

She like me is from another time ...when political reconciliation was possible we are way beyond that now.

You can change your politics, but you can't change your IQ. It's not a matter of her policies that make people dislike her (what discernable policies she has), its the fact that she is simply entirely too dumb to be president. She's not even close. There is no decent argument that she is smart enough to be president other than "northeast liberal elites - we hates dem."

BN747
Topic Author

Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:41 pm

Quoting avent (Reply 34):

Why yes, many of us did ....

When? When did you ever criticize the going to war or the wrecking of the economy through taxcuts for the wealthy? When did you criticize waging war without raising the taxes to pay for it?

The post I brought forth that about bogus 'many of us did' claim was removed in an apparent complaint, but his own words revealed that he was not 'with us' complaining about Bush out-of-control spending/foreign policy forays or anything else -- just search his name with Bush and watch what pops up. The good thing about archiving is...you can't go back and change your words.

BN747

[Edited 2010-08-11 07:01:24]

AGM100

Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:20 pm

Quoting BN747 (Reply 36):
but his own words revealed that he was not 'with us' complaining about Bush out-of-control spending/foreign policy forays or anything else -- just search his name with Bush and watch what pops up. The good thing about archiving is...you can't go back and change your words.

I do not look at the war as a fiscal issue ... and never did. I don't recall ever discussing the war on the grounds of spending... I certainly did appose TARP and the Bail outs . I certainly did appose SCHIP funding and other Bush funding items. I have always apposed the Bush administrations "compassionate conservative ideas".

Quoting D L X (Reply 35):
There is no decent argument that she is smart enough to be president other than

Did I ever say she was going to be President ? I do not believe that she will run ... and I certainly see the downside of her candidacy . 1. She is a conservative women and will never be accepted by the party supporters who vote for Barney Frank and Pelosi . 2. She is not a elite and has certainly unnerved both sides. 3. She is too rich a target for the left ... the lemmings simply gut her and spare no level of degradation in attacking her . Basically she is just too divisive thanks to the press .

As far as her intelligence .... We differ. I have worked in a high tech environment all my life . I have a different perspective of intelligence than you do. Some of the smartest people I have ever known did not have the education that you believe is so important. I would trade a tough smart manager type who gets along with people and learns the tricks of the trade they are in over some super grad . America is built by people who look at life and there career as a learning process ... not people like President Obama that believe they learned what life is about in the sanitized rooms of Columbia and Harvard. President Obama has coat tailed his entire career ...being pushed along by one powerful person or another. Instead of being a tough leader he has been sheltered and coddled by powerful operators to get where he is. In the corporate world we would call him a brown noser .... sorry . He basically schmoozes his way by being articulate and cool ... if you don't believe me go read Daschal's interview on Frontline 08 . He speaks openly about fast tracking Barack Obama into the committees and polishing him for power. Sorry to be so blunt ... but that is how I see it. Biden himself helped him by convincing other democrats with his "clean and articulate" endorsement. You could argue a similar thing with Palin being selected by McCain ... and I would relent somewhat . But she certainly won campaigns and fought from no where to win the governorship of AK the hard way. And ... she is not President and will not be.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontl...choice2008/interviews/daschle.html

Now.. I do believe that President Obama could have been the greatest president in US history . I really do. He could have been a very powerful positive force for the country . He is positioned well to truly be a post racial president and one that could lead all Americans into a brighter future with his likability and charm . But he chose the wrong path ... he and his operators misjudged the American people and ran with left wing ideas of big government and radicalism . They forced the agenda on the people with racial attacks and out right bribery in order to get the programs made law . Then turned on the opposition , ostracising us as racists rebel crackers and fringe groups capable of violent extremism . That said ... I do not blame the President completely for this but his lack of real confidence and leadership makes him vulnerable to those around him. He most definitely would be better off without all the radicals around him who obviously make the agenda , relying only on him to sell it. The Presidnt is in a dangerous position now politically .. he is getting caught between the left and the right and has definitely lost the independents. That is sad ... he does not have to be there .

Boeing1970

Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:43 pm

Apparently a teacher with an agenda...

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&r...her&aq=f&aqi=g10&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=

Quoting D L X (Reply 10):
It was a supreme threat to the Crown to have the masses literate and able to read the bible for themselves instead of going to the Crown to get the Word of God.

Are you even paying attention to what has happened to our education system which is under siege by liberals? Talk about making sure the masses are illiterate. They’ve been at it for a generation now.

[Edited 2010-08-11 13:49:57]

mt99

Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:46 pm

Quoting Boeing1970 (Reply 38):

Everyone has an agenda. Joe the Pumbler had one... Gave him 15 min of fame - and the status of a "true American hero".

BAKJet

Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:03 pm

which was what?

I'm not denying that she had one I'm just not sure what you're getting at and the link you gave didnt provide much insight.

D L X

Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:30 pm

Are you even paying attention to what has happened to our education system which is under siege by liberals?

Holy non-sequitur, Batman!

I really don't know how this is at all relevant to my comment. It's a false comment of course, but I don't want to respond to something irrelevant.

Quoting AGM100 (Reply 37):
As far as her intelligence .... We differ. I have worked in a high tech environment all my life .

As have I. (I was and am still an engineer before I'm a lawyer.)

I have a different perspective of intelligence than you do.

Oh, I doubt that.

Some of the smartest people I have ever known did not have the education that you believe is so important.

Excepting the untrue straw man argument that I believe education is the only way to be smart, I couldn't agree more.

I would trade a tough smart manager type who gets along with people and learns the tricks of the trade they are in over some super grad .

Right, now stop right there -- does this in ANY way describe Palin?

No. It does not.

America is built by people who look at life and there career as a learning process

Indeed. But what do you believe Sarah Palin has learned, given her MANY opportunities? I think she's learned that she can't hack it. She quits at everything she tries. She probably peaked in high school where she could get her way by being a bully, but found that in the real world, people will call you out on your bull.

I completely agree with you that you can be smart and wise without an intense formal education. Having gone to an "elite" school, I can verify to you that there are plenty of classmates that I wouldn't dare hire - they may be book smart, but they are worthless to me if they can't get the job done because they're not mature, or they're lazy, or they can't think outside the box, etc. etc. But those people who were smart and wise without intense formal education got there because they had the capacity to be smart and wise.

Sarah Palin lacks such capacity.

She is completely incapable of understanding complex issues. She is completely incapable of thinking on her feet, let alone outside the box. She is completely incapable of expousing wisdom, so she resorts to canned phrases that have been fed to her, or written on her hand. When in a controlled environment, she makes sure tough questions are never asked unless she's already been told an answer to recite. She's good at reciting things other people write, absolutely. (See, e.g., her RNC speech.) But being able to read does not equate to being able to think. And I do not feel the slightest bit elitist by saying it, but being able to think IS a requirement to be President.

Now for the rest of your post, I see you've tried to divert attention away from Palin. Since it isn't relevant, I'm not going to address it.

BN747
Topic Author

Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:58 pm

Quoting D L X (Reply 41):
She is completely incapable of understanding complex issues. She is completely incapable of thinking on her feet, let alone outside the box. She is completely incapable of expousing wisdom, so she resorts to canned phrases that have been fed to her, or written on her hand. When in a controlled environment, she makes sure tough questions are never asked unless she's already been told an answer to recite. She's good at reciting things other people write, absolutely. (See, e.g., her RNC speech.) But being able to read does not equate to being able to think. And I do not feel the slightest bit elitist by saying it, but being able to think IS a requirement to be President.

Boy, I wonder if I'd had said all that in my OP...would it have ended the discussion, becuase that's everything in a nutshell...none of it can be refuted!

BN747

Boeing1970

Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:50 pm

I really don't know how this is at all relevant to my comment. It's a false comment of course, but I don't want to respond to something irrelevant.

Really?

You said:

Quoting D L X (Reply 10):
It harkens back to The Crown in England when the printing press was developed. It was a supreme threat to the Crown to have the masses literate and able to read the bible for themselves instead of going to the Crown to get the Word of God. So the result? Banning printing presses - keep the masses dumb. That way they'll believe anything you say.

This is exactly the move Republicans are doing now - if you're smart, you're an elitist. So don't be smart. Just listen to what we say.

Which political philosophy is it that directs our failing public school system thereby "keeping the masses dumb" in the US?

AGM100

Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:01 pm

Now for the rest of your post, I see you've tried to divert attention away from Palin. Since it isn't relevant, I'm not going to address it.

My point is that you supported Barack Obama ... He had 0 experience but that was dismissed by most who were bowed over by his impressive line up of degrees. Everyone dismissed his lack of real world experience assuming that Columbia was the gold standard to prepare him for the Presidency. Barack Obama was handled like a fragile rising star in the party after 2004 .... shielded from bad press and safely below the radar. Palin was not ..she was thrown right into it with little or no preparation ... she was caught in the grinder almost immediately. Talk about being thrown to the wolves ! man ... every press outlet immediately slammed into to her like a bulldozer . And she handled it ... perfectly ? , of course not but that girl has courage I will give her that.

I still do not believe that she is qualified for the Presidency and I don't believe she will run ... in 2012.

D L X

Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:56 pm

Quoting AGM100 (Reply 44):
My point is that you supported Barack Obama

who is not the topic on this thread. Rather, the argument you present is the standard red herring that you always present, though it is neither persuasive, nor based on truth.

Palin was not ..she was thrown right into it with little or no preparation

So, what's her excuse for this episode? SHe wasn't prepared enough to talk to a school teacher?

BN747
Topic Author

Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:58 pm

My point is that you supported Barack Obama ... He had 0 experience but that was dismissed by most who were bowed over by his impressive line up of degrees. Everyone dismissed his lack of real world experience assuming that Columbia was the gold standard to prepare him for the Presidency

Hmmm..Obama a senator = 0 experience
World Experience (going out into the world) = tons
Education= Off the charts

Bush = Texas Gov (auto pilot job with piles of death warrants to be signed)
World Experience (going out into the world) = ZERO
Education= skated by on family legacy admissions..learned nothing he could repeat or use.

Palin = Alaska Gov (like being Mayor of Riverside Calif)
World Experience (going out into the world) = ZERO
Education= several communty colleges might as well be a GED

..okay that argument holds no water.

Barack Obama was handled like a fragile rising star in the party after 2004 .... shielded from bad press and safely below the radar.

I have to wonder if we'd find any post by you talking Reverend Write and William Ayers. You must have been out of the country when that was the news for months on end.

The Rev. Wright episode was designed to scare white people to death..unfortunately for Limbaugh and crew..it didn't scare enough of them.

Palin was not ..she was thrown right into it with little or no preparation ... she was caught in the grinder almost immediately. Talk about being thrown to the wolves ! man ... every press outlet immediately slammed into to her like a bulldozer . And she handled it ... perfectly ? , of course not but that girl has courage I will give her that.

Oh for the love of Job...if she was thrown to the wolves..mainstream media would have demanded to se all the birth documentation, questioned here about flying AFTER leaking amniotic fluids (they didn't).

They coulda gone after the high school pregnant teen issue - they didn't.

It is the presses job to screen candidates, and just how much depth is there with Palin that one can uncover -- garbage withstanding? None..so the only thing else to do question her on the basics, world knowledge, current even knowledge...she couldn't graps any of it beyond 'bumper sticker' rhetoric.

With your creditibily practically none-existant now, try and post Exactly what it is you feel they 'went after her like wolves' about...

....this oughta be good.

BN747

kc135topboom

Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:04 am

Quoting BN747 (Reply 9):
Quoting sv7887 (Reply 2):
I hope to god they don't run her in 2012.

We already did that, back in 2008. In that stupidity test we completed the Polosi/Reid tag team act by adding BHO.

Cadet57

Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:18 am

Care to back that up? Maybe even more than one source.

[Edited 2010-08-11 17:19:11]
Doors open, right hand side, next stop is Springfield.

avent

Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:06 am

Are you even paying attention to what has happened to our education system which is under siege by liberals? Talk about making sure the masses are illiterate. They’ve been at it for a generation now.

The 'liberals' who are trying to present creationism as being a scientific alternative to evolution?

[Edited 2010-08-11 19:10:26]