Moderators: richierich, ua900, hOMSaR

Ken777
Topic Author

Palin Bashing Scott Brown

Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:36 am

This one made me laugh:

Quote:
In an interview Wednesday, Sarah Palin told Fox Business that while it makes sense that Massachusetts might "put up with Scott Brown," the new Republican star senator wouldn't last in Alaska.

. . .

"But up here in Alaska, and so many places across the U.S., where we have a pioneering, independent spirit, and we have an expectation that our representatives in D.C. will respect the will of the people and the intelligence of the people -- well, up here, we wouldn't stand for that."
http://voices.washingtonpost.com/44/...arah-palin-we-wouldnt-stand-f.html

Her comments should be sufficient for Senator Brown to help reduce the deficit by voting to cut the pork going to Alaska. Especially since Alaska gets more "pork" than any other state.

And when the federal teat runs dry up there we'll see how the Alaskan Conservatives feel about "pork" in the future.  

Cadet57

RE: Palin Bashing Scott Brown

Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:40 am

Quoting Ken777 (Thread starter):
Palin Bashing Scott Brown  

What else is new? Palin is a hack. She must realize Scott Brown is a better politician not to mention more intelligent so the only thing she can do is bash him.
Doors open, right hand side, next stop is Springfield.

D L X

Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:44 am

Cue knee-jerk Palin supporting in 5......4.....3.....2.....

NIKV69

Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:08 am

Sarah Palin told Fox Business that while it makes sense that Massachusetts might "put up with Scott Brown," the new Republican star senator wouldn't last in Alaska.

. . .

"But up here in Alaska, and so many places across the U.S., where we have a pioneering, independent spirit, and we have an expectation that our representatives in D.C. will respect the will of the people and the intelligence of the people -- well, up here, we wouldn't stand for that."

Hmmm ok. So the state of say Kentucky wouldn't put up with a Moderate GOP Senator from Maine. Doesn't mean they are bashing them. It's a fact of life.

Quoting D L X (Reply 2):

No but the fact this thread was started by the same person that thinks Palin would have an impact on Gov Christie's rising career just goes to show how deathly afraid the left is of her and her ability to get people excited about voting and engaged. Once again Sarah Palin is not running for president folks, is not the leader of the GOP in any way. She is simply become a figure that much of America can relate too. The part of America that doesn't go to Harvard, have to be accepted by Katie Couric, Norah O'Donnell and the rest of the Starbucks drinking elite on television. The people who are going to turn out bigtime this November and vote.
I am the Googlizer!!!

Superfly

Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:46 am

Quoting NIKV69 (Reply 3):
She is simply become a figure that much of America can relate too. The part of America that doesn't go to Harvard,

The Americans that can't name a single magazine?   

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YC79WhGdBXM
Bring back the Concorde

NIKV69

Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:08 am

Quoting Superfly (Reply 4):
The Americans that can't name a single magazine

Sure, your telling me the average voter reads newsweek and world reports? If the elite media wants to smear Palin by saying she doesn't read the same stuff they do fine but part of the reason most of the politicians Katie Couric voted for last time around are going to be losing in two months is because most voters can't name these magazines Couric deems worthy either.
I am the Googlizer!!!

OA412

Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:26 am

respect...the intelligence of the people...

It's a double-edged sword with Conservatives like her. She talks about respecting the intelligence of the people, but if they're "too smart" (i.e. "Harvard/Yale" smart), they're "elitists".

Quoting Cadet57 (Reply 1):
What else is new? Palin is a hack. She must realize Scott Brown is a better politician not to mention more intelligent so the only thing she can do is bash him.

On this we can agree.

Quoting D L X (Reply 2):

Took 1 post after yours. I think that may be some sort of record.

No but the fact this thread was started by the same person that thinks Palin would have an impact on Gov Christie's rising career just goes to show how deathly afraid the left is of her and her ability to get people excited about voting and engaged. Once again Sarah Palin is not running for president folks, is not the leader of the GOP in any way. She is simply become a figure that much of America can relate too. The part of America that doesn't go to Harvard, have to be accepted by Katie Couric, Norah O'Donnell and the rest of the Starbucks drinking elite on television. The people who are going to turn out bigtime this November and vote.

You're so ridiculously predictable. I could have copied and pasted a response of yours in any Palin thread over the last year and a half, and it would have looked pretty much identical to the one above. The only things you didn't touch on are MSNBC, Rachel Maddow, and a reference to Obama/Pelosi, but I'm certain they'll be discussed in one of your followup posts. Everything else (left-wing fear of Palin, elitists, November's election) is pretty much there as expected.
Hughes Airwest - Top Banana In The West

Superfly

Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:26 am

Quoting NIKV69 (Reply 5):
Sure, your telling me the average voter reads newsweek and world reports? If the elite media wants to smear Palin by saying she doesn't read the same stuff they do fine but part of the reason most of the politicians Katie Couric voted for last time around are going to be losing in two months is because most voters can't name these magazines Couric deems worthy either.

Katie Couric wasn't trying to discredit any of her sources for information. She just wanted to know what sources helped formed her world view. Sarah doesn't read anything.
Bring back the Concorde

OA412

Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:33 am

Quoting Superfly (Reply 7):
Sarah doesn't read anything.

Except the palm of her hand where she jots down her speeches.   

Ken777
Topic Author

Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:37 am

Once again Sarah Palin is not running for president folks, is not the leader of the GOP in any way.

LOL! Of Course she is! Read up on Nixon when he was out of office. He wrote the book and Sarah is following it.

The part of America that doesn't go to Harvard

I don't think Sarah made if there in her trails around various universities made to get one, single degree.

In Communications.         

Quoting Superfly (Reply 4):
The Americans that can't name a single magazine?

Bet Top could. Playboy.

But he was in the Air Force and they only read it for the articles.

I was in the Navy and didn't realize that it actually had articles.  

Sarah did learn to read a teleprompter when she was reading Sports on a local TV channel. Or was it the Weather?

And she is exceptional at reading speeches that others wrote.

No but the fact this thread was started by the same person that thinks Palin would have an impact on Gov Christie's rising career just goes to show how deathly afraid the left is of her and her ability to get people excited about voting and engaged.

You almost got two paragraphs in one sentence.  

And I'll assume that you're trying to make a degrading comment about me.

But don't worry. I'm not afraid of Palin. I think that she's going to be interesting to follow over the next few years as the Presidential election runs start.

And, while I don't think that "Liberal" is a dirty work I do consider myself an independent. Of course that does make me a Liberal to Hard Rock Conservatives.

So let me put it into focus a bit.

There were no liberals volunteering to serve in the military in the mid 60s when I raised my hand, took the oath and put on the uniform.

You can call me what you want, but I consider myself an American.

Or does that confuse you?

NIKV69

Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:58 am

Sarah doesn't read anything

Whether this is true or not your forgetting that running for elected office is mostly a popularity contest and the people she appeals to don't read the things Katie Couric does or could care less.

Quoting Ken777 (Reply 9):
LOL! Of Course she is! Read up on Nixon when he was out of office. He wrote the book and Sarah is following it.

Once again this is a fantasy the far left wants everyone to believe. Won't happen. If you want to believe she is the de facto leader of all Republicans and is going to run against Obama in two years well go right ahead but trust me she isn't.

But don't worry. I'm not afraid of Palin. I think that she's going to be interesting to follow over the next few years as the Presidential election runs start.

I think you will be quite disappointed when she doesn't run but I agree it will be interesting. I mean watching CNN and MSNBC now on the heels of this mid term one can only imagine how nuts this will be next time around!

And, while I don't think that "Liberal" is a dirty work I do consider myself an independent. Of course that does make me a Liberal to Hard Rock Conservatives.

That's nice but I am not a hard rock conservative.

There were no liberals volunteering to serve in the military in the mid 60s when I raised my hand, took the oath and put on the uniform.

Sure there was, one ran for president not too long ago.
I am the Googlizer!!!

Superfly

Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:27 am

Quoting NIKV69 (Reply 10):
Whether this is true or not your forgetting that running for elected office is mostly a popularity contest and the people she appeals to don't read the things Katie Couric does or could care less.

Katie Couric wasn't seeking an approval. She just simply ask what she reads.
That's all.
She could said The Weekly Reader, A Boy's Life or Mad magazine and it would have been a better answer than "all of them".
Come on now.
Bring back the Concorde

ozglobal

Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:05 am

Quoting NIKV69 (Reply 5):
If the elite media wants to smear Palin by saying she doesn't read the same stuff they do fine but part of the reason most of the politicians Katie Couric voted for last time around are going to be losing in two months is because most voters can't name these magazines Couric deems worthy either.

Democracy only functions with a minimum level of education and access to knowledge and information. If the majority of Americans are as invincibly ignorant as you suggest, the American democracy is beyond therapy!
When all's said and done, there'll be more said than done.

Aaron747

Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:32 am

Irrelevant. Put me on the stage with her in front of a couple cameras and we'll discuss the larger points of American history and some of the independent thinkers who put us on the world stage. I guarantee you I'd have her destroyed in minutes. The woman trips up every time she gets into a discussion that doesn't involve energy policy or Alaska - and she has even displayed that trait in more friendly interviews on Fox News. Outside of what she knows, she knows nothing - as my grandmother used to like to say. She's good at appealing to a particular simpleton mindset, yes. Fortunately most Americans are pretty quick on their feet regardless of their political stripes and see right through it on a good day.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty

racko

Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:42 am

She is simply become a figure that much of America can relate too. The part of America that doesn't go to Harvard, have to be accepted by Katie Couric, Norah O'Donnell and the rest of the Starbucks drinking elite on television.

This is what I don't get. What's wrong with having the smart people in office instead of the dumb ones?

Someone suggesting having an short obese guy playing in the NBA because that's what the spectators can relate to would be laughed at, yet in politics that seems to be perfectly reasonable. I really don't get it.

D L X

Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:42 pm

Quoting racko (Reply 14):
Someone suggesting having an short obese guy playing in the NBA because that's what the spectators can relate to would be laughed at, yet in politics that seems to be perfectly reasonable. I really don't get it.

Why don't we get a response from the resident conservatives on this board? NIKV, what do you think?

I think the answer is because simple people think the world is simple, and they like people who tell them they're right. "Cut the taxes to zero." "Cut the spending to zero." "Blow up anyone who gets in our way." "(Bombs cost zero and have no negative consequences.)" Everyone likes people who tells them they're right, no matter how much they talk about straight shooters. (In other words, regardless of the republican orgy on the Chris Christie thread, the same people will be the first to throw him under the bus when he says something they don't like. You know, like supporting the Islamic center in lower Manhattan.)

Sports, well, simple people know that sports isn't simple, and since they've tried it, they know they can't do it. But simple people generally have not tried actually solving any problems, lest they would know problem solving is not simple.

Quoting D L X (Reply 2):

No

Like freakin' clockwork. (A coo-coo clock, of course.   RELAX! Laugh at the joke.)

Ken777
Topic Author

Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:45 pm

Once again this is a fantasy the far left wants everyone to believe. Won't happen.

Still hanging up on that "far left' crap? I guess I did confuse you.

Read up on Nixon and his comeback.

Sure there was, one ran for president not too long ago.

You must be talking about McCain.

Quoting Superfly (Reply 11):

And that is what scared her handlers.

Quoting Aaron747 (Reply 13):
Put me on the stage with her in front of a couple cameras

You wouldn't have a chance. Look at Biden in the debates. He answered the questions and Palin went off on one of her tangents that stayed far away from the question. And she winked, yes, WINKED!

Biden was amazed at how she got through the whole debate avoiding questions.

This is what I don't get. What's wrong with having the smart people in office instead of the dumb ones?

Well, we elected one of the smarter ones in 08. He followed one of the not-so-bright ones.

The queer thing is that voters have traditionally felt (in my lifetime) that the Republicans were the "professionals" in hte management of the country and the economy.

But that last Administration certainly proved that tradition was clearly in the past - no longer accurate. We were left with the largest FUBAR of an economy since the Great Depression and we're still trying to get out of it.

And the Conservatives are loving it - the harder the times the better chance for a return to power.

santosdumont

Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:24 pm

Sarah doesn't read anything

The "non-elites", of course. Regular schlubs like GWB (graduate of "hard knocks" institutions Phillips Academy and Yale). And let's not forget Laura Ingraham, who went to that tiny community college they call Dartmouth.

Palin, like the Teabagger phenomenon, is pure product. Shaped, conceived, and programmed by K Street lobbyists -- not a small band of concerned patriots at some local watering hole like the far-right rank-and-file so desperately wants to believe.
"Pursuit Of Truth No Matter Where It Lies" -- Metallica

D L X

Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:34 pm

Quoting Ken777 (Reply 16):
You wouldn't have a chance. Look at Biden in the debates. He answered the questions and Palin went off on one of her tangents that stayed far away from the question. And she winked, yes, WINKED!

Easy - the Palin camp set it up so that it would be against the rules to ask any ANY follow questions, and it would be against the rules for Biden to address any of Palin's answers.

Biden should have simply ignored the rules, but he didn't want to look like GHW Bush or Rick Lazio.

What's wrong with having the smart people in office instead of the dumb ones?

Another question for the Palinites out there who like dumb people in office because they're "in touch" with (presumably) Americans:

Were the Founders dummies or intellectuals?

bjorn14

Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:35 pm

Well, we elected one of the smarter ones in 08.

I am still waiting for evidence that he even graduated from Columbia or Harvard much less if he graduated with honors.
"I want to know the voice of God the rest is just details" --A. Einstein

NIKV69

Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:52 pm

Quoting Superfly (Reply 11):
That's all.

Larry you now full well Katie wasn't simply asking her what she reads, it was a loaded question in a direct attempt to destroy here. As Gibson piece was.

Put me on the stage with her in front of a couple cameras and we'll discuss the larger points of American history and some of the independent thinkers who put us on the world stage. I guarantee you I'd have her destroyed in minutes. The woman trips up every time she gets into a discussion that doesn't involve energy policy or Alaska - and she has even displayed that trait in more friendly interviews on Fox News. Outside of what she knows, she knows nothing - as my grandmother used to like to say. She's good at appealing to a particular simpleton mindset, yes. Fortunately most Americans are pretty quick on their feet regardless of their political stripes and see right through it on a good day.

Great but this still won't win you an election, it will just win you a great segment of praise on the Rachel Maddow show.

We have a smart one in office now and look where it got us, problem the real smart ones are usually elitists and don't govern by the will of the people,. they goven on ideology.

Quoting D L X (Reply 15):
Like freakin' clockwork. (A coo-coo clock, of course. RELAX! Laugh at the joke.)

Joke is I am not supporting her, since she isn't running for anything the joke is on the left who constantly gives her face time and furthers her celebrity. It's like Lindsey Lohan except she doesn't abuse drugs.

Still hanging up on that "far left' crap? I guess I did confuse you.

Read up on Nixon and his comeback.

Yet it is people like Ed Schultz and his ilk that can't stop with this woman and are inventing this hysteria. They can't stand her because she is a big reason the Dems are going to lose next two elections and all she has to do is show her face. She isn't a leader or a candidate, believe me. Neither is Rush. It's amazing to see grown people act like this on television. BTW I am well aware of Nixon and it's not happening here believe me.

You must be talking about McCain.

LOL, you have selective memory huh? Kerry.

LOL oh that's right I have never seen a politician dodge questions at a debate. Hillary, dirver licenses anyone? Anyone? Guys this stuff has been going on since the dawn of time and just because a person you hate does it doesn't make her any less suitable for office. Nothing could be further from the truth.

And the Conservatives are loving it - the harder the times the better chance for a return to power.

Yes especially since Obama has been a huge reason for this failure. It is really shocking to me how Obama will go down. All he had to do was stand up to Pelosi and govern from the center left and be moderate and he and the congress would have enjoyed 8 to 10 years easy but Pelosi has a lot of power and feels this country should be San Francisco and folks that just doesn't work. Even Gibbs said it.
I am the Googlizer!!!

AGM100

Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:27 pm

Quoting bjorn14 (Reply 19):
I am still waiting for evidence that he even graduated from Columbia or Harvard much less if he graduated with honors.

Elena Kagen has them ...

He is a shadow man .... with plenty of lemmings telling the tale for him. See , they thrive on the inconsistency of the President ..it helps them make things up about how great he is. If know one knows .... they can make it up as they go along. I read his books ... not a whole lot in them about his academic achievement at the universities. The President spent more time networking with the political activists groups on campus than any kind of academics as far as I can tell (from his book).

He always speaks of his experience in the universities as a sort of idealists playground of Marxists , free marketers , union activists , revolutionaries and other political groups. Everything is idealists politics ... in one chapters he talks about seeking out republican conservative groups on campus ("so that he could learn"). It seems to me that using his charm he was really able to sort of infiltrate them in a way ... he really was just trying to "convert them".( for lack of a better term).. He claims in a way that he wanted to learn from them , but really he wants to charm them into opening up to his Marxist ideas. He was well aware that by building a bridge to them that his charm would win them over ..and it did.

See ..the university experience for leftists has nothing to do with how they did academically . It simply serves as a credential to sever critics who know that the leftists ideas fail ..simple ..they fail. So if someone has a Columbia law degree ... arguing that there ideas are absolutely baseless and will lead to abject failure becomes hard to do. These leftists politicos hide behind those degrees like scared children ... the degrees are not worth toilet paper when it comes to the real world but are priceless for selling dreams .
You dig the hole .. I fill the hole . 100% employment !

RottenRay

Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:01 pm

how deathly afraid the left is of her

Afraid of her?!

We LOVE her!

Best way to put another democrat in the white house is to put Palin on the republican ticket again.

And, if by some fluke of logic she happens to actually win, sooner or later she'll quit.

No harm, no foul.

RR

OA412

Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:29 pm

Put me on the stage with her in front of a couple cameras and we'll discuss the larger points of American history and some of the independent thinkers who put us on the world stage. I guarantee you I'd have her destroyed in minutes. The woman trips up every time she gets into a discussion that doesn't involve energy policy or Alaska - and she has even displayed that trait in more friendly interviews on Fox News. Outside of what she knows, she knows nothing

Exactly. The whole "anti-intellectual" shtick isn't really an act, the woman honestly knows nothing outside the couple of examples that you have pointed to. Put any reasonably well educated individual on stage with her, and they will rip her to shreds.

What's wrong with having the smart people in office instead of the dumb ones?

Because intelligent people are dirty elitists who sip their Starbucks and look down their noses at the rest of us poor, hard-working schlubs. At least that's how the well-crafted Republican legend goes. To answer your question, there is nothing wrong with electing an intelligent person to office, yet the "anti-intellectual" streak that runs through elements in the Republican party has brainwashed a lot of people into believing that education and intelligence are anathema to real American values.

Quoting D L X (Reply 15):
In other words, regardless of the republican orgy on the Chris Christie thread, the same people will be the first to throw him under the bus when he says something they don't like.

You'd better believe it. The very second he takes an unpopular stance, they'll abandon him in droves. Look at Scott Brown (the topic of this thread after all). How many of those on here who kept telling us that he was going to bring a far-right element to Massachusetts are strangely silent about him now? Pretty much everyone of them. They abandoned him in droves when it became clear that he's not as conservative as they had been fooled into believing he is, and when it became clear that he's more than willing to cross party lines and work with Democrats.

Quoting D L X (Reply 18):
Another question for the Palinites out there who like dumb people in office because they're "in touch" with (presumably) Americans:

See this is what I find so funny about this whole "Palin is in touch with us regular Americans" talk. Do some of you have such disdain for the American public at large that you think that the majority of Americans are a bunch of morons who are no smarter than Sarah Palin or any other dumb politician you deem to be most like average Americans? I'd like to believe that Americans as a whole are just a wee bit more intelligent than that.

Quoting AGM100 (Reply 21):

To either you really believe the crap that you post about the President, or are you deliberately posting lies and half-truths in order to stir the pot?

CNN and MSNBC
the far left
Quoting NIKV69 (Reply 20):
Rachel Maddow

CNN and MSNBC   , "the far left"   , Rachel Maddow   . Just as I predicted.

AGM100

Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:04 pm

Quoting seb146 (Reply 22):
why are nations like Denmark, Sweden, Canada, Japan, Germany, Norway

Because we buy stuff from them ? Take away US purchases of Toyota cars , Honda , BMW , Mercedes , MERK products agriculture energy sales from those countries economies in the past 75 years . Do you think they would look like they do now ? Curious .... would they be where they are now after WWII without the expansion of the free market economy in the US ? I don't think so ... I could be wrong but that is my opinion.

The thing about the President and the idealism from his background is ; that it is not really about economy anyway. It is about central government control over people to ensure "fairness and equality". Sure the tool they use is to pit rich against poor but in the end control of freedom is what they want ...control and power to shape the society into slaves of the bureaucrats.

What I found amazing about his books is that he talks about Marxist ideas as if they are new ... and frankly he talks about the ideals as if they were something he created (in a way). Somehow you get the impression that he is looking to lead the poor people into a "new age of hope" as if it is his ideas ,despite them being dreams of his father. He gives himself credit for enlightening the various groups on campus with his new ideas of hope ... he basically buys his on BS.
You dig the hole .. I fill the hole . 100% employment !

NIKV69

Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:11 pm

Quoting rottenray (Reply 22):
Best way to put another democrat in the white house is to put Palin on the republican ticket again.

That is why the left is propagating this fantasy. Too bad she isn't running and Obama will be a one termer once the GOP gets the house and begins to repair the damage and put someone else besides her on the ticket. Keep enjoying your Palin dream though. It's pretty fun to watch.

Quoting OA412 (Reply 24):
You'd better believe it. The very second he takes an unpopular stance, they'll abandon him in droves. Look at Scott Brown (the topic of this thread after all). How many of those on here who kept telling us that he was going to bring a far-right element to Massachusetts are strangely silent about him now? Pretty much everyone of them. They abandoned him in droves when it became clear that he's not as conservative as they had been fooled into believing he is, and when it became clear that he's more than willing to cross party lines and work with Democrats.

They all knew exactly who he was, they just embraced him because of the implications his victory would give the whole scene. I mean a Republican winning Ted's seat? Unheard of! Doesn't change anything, we knew what he was about, I am not a far right conservative and I like him. If Palin does't that is her deal, doesn't mean nearly as much as you want it to though. It's just more propaganda coming from the left to make Palin the 2012 GOP presidential nominee which is complete poppycock.
I am the Googlizer!!!

Superfly

Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:28 pm

it was a loaded question in a direct attempt to destroy here.

How?
What source could possibly destroy her?
What is she so afraid of sharing with the public?
Bring back the Concorde

D L X

Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:36 pm

Joke is I am not supporting her

Don't lie.

Yeah, you are. You were predictably the first to jump to her defense. Knee jerk reaction.

it was a loaded question

What newspapers do you read is a loaded question?!

If that's loaded, you bet your arse that she would be manhandled by Putin.

But again predictably, you fail yet again to realize that it isn't the question, but the ANSWER that got Palin in trouble. Palin was not misled. It was not a trick question. It was not hardball. It was barely tee-ball! But an airhead is an airhead is an airhead, and airheads don't read. Destroy her? Only if being called out on illiteracy is destruction. But trying to knock that into your head after two years hasn't worked, so I doubt that it will this time either.

racko

Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:43 pm

problem the real smart ones are usually elitists and don't govern by the will of the people,. they goven on ideology.

You see, this is where you lose me. How do you govern "by the will of the people"? Administrating a giant country like the United States is incredibly complex and difficult and it can't be expected from the average citizen to understand all the issues that the country faces - it's a full-time job and even then hard to master. That's why the people choose representatives to whom they entrust this job. From then on it's the job of the elected representative to form an opinion on an issue and decide what he deems to be the right thing to do.

It is obvious that this will always be influenced by one's ideology (and yes, everybody has an ideology).

What you apparently are looking for is a direct democracy, where the people (as opposed to elected officials) decide on the issues and the government's job is merely to execute these decisions - the people are the legislative branch of government.

That's of course a perfectly fine opinion, but then you should be angry at the Constitution of the United States, not at the President of the United States.

But as long as the United States remain a representative democracy I still don't see why one would prefer stupid people in government - they'll also make decisions based on what they believe is the right thing to do, but the decisions will most likely be worse, as they won't be able to understand all the aspects a particular decision affects, no matter how well-intentioned they are.

Ken777
Topic Author

Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:45 pm

If he hadn't then the conservatives working in the two universities would have been very fast to present evidence.

Not believing it puts you close to the Birthers Movement.

(He would also need to present his credentials before teaching Law in Chicago. He wasn't teaching in some Jr. College.)

Larry you now full well Katie wasn't simply asking her what she reads, it was a loaded question in a direct attempt to destroy here. As Gibson piece was.

Both Katie and Charlie threw her softballs. Couldn't have been sweeter to her. And she blew it both times, showing why she's not really into uncontrolled "news conferences". But Fox is OK.         

We have a smart one in office now and look where it got us, problem the real smart ones are usually elitists and don't govern by the will of the people,. they goven on ideology.

If got someone who kept the Great Recession from continuing into a Bush Depression.

As for the smart ones, you seem to support the intellectual elite who wrote the Constitution.  
Yet it is people like Ed Schultz and his ilk that can't stop with this woman and are inventing this hysteria.

Where did Ed Schultz come from? I don't watch him. Do you?

believe me.

Nope.  
Yes especially since Obama has been a huge reason for this failure.

I believe most Presidents (including Bush I & II) actually have plans if they get elected. Put all the political BS aside and they have some genuine ideas and plans for the country. Obama would have had his plans and positions, but Obama was left with the Great Recession and two wars - one that was totally unnecessary. He was also left with a huge deficit from the Bush II years. That pretty well screwed up being able to focus on his own ideas.

So he didn't have the luxuries that Bush had, he still managed to deliver the first stage of health care reform. The most successful President in my lifetime in this area.

It is really shocking to me how Obama will go down.

Obama will go down in history as the president who had a pile of SNAFUs and FUBARs piled on him from DayOne. He followed the most incompetent Presidency in my lifetime. And he worked on the problems he was dealt.

Want to know something ironic? Obama takes a lot of heat from bailing GM out. That's OK as that's politics. But the really queer thing is that the Republicans will be pressuring the top dogs at GM for campaign donations and they will be the obedient lap dogs and make those donations.

That will produce some interesting heat between the company and the Democrats.  
See ..the university experience for leftists has nothing to do with how they did academically

Same for conservatives - like Palin         

NIKV69

Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:47 pm

Quoting Superfly (Reply 26):
How?
What source could possibly destroy her?

The heavily left leaning press?

Quoting D L X (Reply 27):
Don't lie.

Yeah, you are. You were predictably the first to jump to her defense. Knee jerk reaction.

LOL yea ok, could you point out where I came to her defense? I simply pointed out how you and others are so blinded by rage by the sight of her that everything she says seems to be news when it really isn't. Just because she said Alaska wouldn't like Brown? Your really reaching here and I don't support her for president because she isn't running. I supported Rudy last time around, you think Palin likes him? It's ok keep going with your preconceived notions of anyone that disagrees with you. It's nothing new here.

Now she is destroying Christie's career and fighting with Putin. LOLOL my lord does this get better by the minute.

Palin was not misled. It was not a trick question. It was not hardball. It was barely tee-ball! But an airhead is an airhead is an airhead, and airheads don't read. Destroy her? Only if being called out on illiteracy is destruction. But trying to knock that into your head after two years hasn't worked, so I doubt that it will this time either.

So just because she couldn't name what she reads she is illiterate? Man you really must hate this person. Your not going to scream at the TV when her daugher is on Dancing with the stars are you?

I am so pleased at how Palin incites hatred in people, especially since she is not running for any office or has any leadership role in anything. The woman simply has used Katie and the rest of the elitist left to become a multi-millionaire and energize a voting base that will send the do nothing congress and empty suit president packing. Every book she writes will be tops of the best seller list and her star power will last. God Bless America!

Missioin Accomplished.
I am the Googlizer!!!

chepos

Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:06 pm

I don't think democrats are afraid of Mrs. Palin, why would they. She is one of the reasons President Obama is in the white house today, and for that I am most grateful to her. People who relate to her most probably also believe George W. Bush was a great president and also believe 9/11 was the work of Saddam and Iraqi Muslim extremist (not the smartest Americans out there) . Simply put Sarah is a walking joke, unfortunately some Americans seem to think she has some intelligence. To the rest of the world she is a sad joke and an idiot. That woman needs to just go away, retire and take care of her kids, she lost the vice presidency in 08 and will never be President.

Regards,

Chepos
Fly the Flag!!!!

Superfly

Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:06 pm

Quoting NIKV69 (Reply 30):
The heavily left leaning press?

How?
Everyone knows she's a conservative.
She could have easily mentioned a conservative news outlet or publisher.
She was clearly out of her league.
Bring back the Concorde

mt99

Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:11 pm

it was a loaded question in a direct attempt to destroy here.

Maybe that why she only replies to pre-selected questions now:

(CNN) - So just what does it take to get Sarah Palin to speak at your fundraising gala?

A "deluxe" hotel suite, a first class ticket or a private jet ("Lear 60 or larger"), pre-selected audience questions, and "bendable" straws %u2013 not to mention the $75,000 in cash.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...lin-contract-revealed/#more-119551
Step into my office, baby

Aaron747

Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:13 pm

The woman simply has used Katie and the rest of the elitist left to become a multi-millionaire and energize a voting base that will send the do nothing congress and empty suit president packing.

I don't know where you get off giving her so much credit. Bet you anything in 2012 and even 2016 the Congress will still be some variation of 45-55 GOP/DP or vice versa. And they will still be doing mostly bloviating instead of governing because that's what their lobbyists and local districts pay them to do. Send the do-nothing congress packing? This is only possible by citizens taking control of the US Capitol and holding it hostage for an extended period of time.

Quoting AGM100 (Reply 24):
The thing about the President and the idealism from his background is ; that it is not really about economy anyway. It is about central government control over people to ensure "fairness and equality". Sure the tool they use is to pit rich against poor but in the end control of freedom is what they want ...control and power to shape the society into slaves of the bureaucrats.

That's all well and good but still irrelevant to Ms. Palin being a relative nitwit. Unfortunately that's the most suitable adjective for about 95% of the public figures I see in politics these days - the President and his cabinet generally included.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty

D L X

Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:14 pm

Quoting Ken777 (Reply 29):

He is a birther. He has stated as much. That's why I ignore him.

LOL yea ok, could you point out where I came to her defense?

Reply 3! Your very first post on this thread, you defended her. My god, Nick.

Now she is destroying Christie's career and fighting with Putin. LOLOL my lord does this get better by the minute.

????

You're getting less and less coherent by the day.

So just because she couldn't name what she reads she is illiterate?

She has yet to prove that she reads.

Actually, I take that back. She read the notes on her hand.

NIKV69

Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:33 pm

Quoting mt99 (Reply 33):
A "deluxe" hotel suite, a first class ticket or a private jet ("Lear 60 or larger"), pre-selected audience questions, and "bendable" straws %u2013 not to mention the $75,000 in cash.

Shall I bring up what Gore's iteniary consists of when he goes and speaks?

Quoting Aaron747 (Reply 34):
I don't know where you get off giving her so much credit

Well for some dumb hick she sure makes a lot of money for doing nothing more than getting on TV and smiling. She has had a huge impact on important races and will continue to do so all of which having earning power for a very long time without ever having to run for office again. All because of the left wing smear machine has made her a folk hero. I think that deserves some credit.

Quoting D L X (Reply 35):
You're getting less and less coherent by the day.

LOL, that wasn't defending her, just merely stating how absurd the people she pisses off act. I mean really, Putin? That is even surprising by this sites standards. I mean she isn't even running for office and you have her going to war with Russia. That statement doesn't even pass the laugh test.
I am the Googlizer!!!

mt99

Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:34 pm

Quoting NIKV69 (Reply 36):

Shall I bring up what Gore's iteniary consists of when he goes and speaks?

No - because we are not talking about Gore.

NIKV69

Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:46 pm

Quoting mt99 (Reply 37):

Ok well we weren't talking about her travel habits or the fact that people are willing to pay her for her to show and speak. Why did you bring it up? What does that have to do with anything? She is riding the wave of the 24 hour left leaning media much like Gore is riding the Global warming wave for all it's worth. Who cares? They are allowed to make as much money as they want. At least I believe that to be true for both a Republican and Democrat. Sounds like you feel she isn't allowed, why?
I am the Googlizer!!!

mt99

Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:49 pm

Quoting NIKV69 (Reply 38):
Ok well we weren't talking about her travel habits or the fact that people are willing to pay her for her to show and speak.

The post was not about her traveling habits, you picked that up all by yourself.

You were talking about "loaded question" and what she now does to avoid them.

You chose to highlight that her travel needs.

NIKV69

Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:56 pm

Quoting mt99 (Reply 39):
The post was not about her traveling habits, you picked that up all by yourself.

You were talking about "loaded question" and what she now does to avoid them.

You chose to highlight that her travel needs

LOL, How come CNN never asks a Democrat what they get to speak, I kind of never remember Bubba getting asked that about his speeches for hire. Yet we need to ask Palin this so we can once again try to destroy her as someone who asks for huge loads of money and big hotel rooms and perks. LOL

This is pure lunancy, if you want someone to answer your questions and do interviews you shouldn't treat them any differently than the people you support in congress and the white house. It's a huge difference how CNN acts when they interview someone they voted for as opposed to someone they don't want in office.
I am the Googlizer!!!

Aaron747

Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:04 pm

Quoting NIKV69 (Reply 36):
Well for some dumb hick she sure makes a lot of money for doing nothing more than getting on TV and smiling. She has had a huge impact on important races and will continue to do so all of which having earning power for a very long time without ever having to run for office again. All because of the left wing smear machine has made her a folk hero. I think that deserves some credit.

Um yeah, but you completely missed my point. What you *said* was that she would help depose the do-nothing Congress and I stated rather clearly that nothing will actually change because they will still be doing nothing regardless of what happens. End of discussion, apparently.

N1120A

Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:07 pm

She is simply become a figure that much of America can relate too. The part of America that doesn't go to Harvard

That's fine. Hence she should have a TV show or something. I don't want stupid people running the country.

the rest of the Starbucks drinking elite on television.

1) Lots of Starbucks in redneck places

2) What do the "elite" on Faux News drink?
Mangeons les French fries, mais surtout pratiquons avec fierte le French kiss

Superfly

Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:10 pm

Quoting N1120A (Reply 42):
2) What do the "elite" on Faux News drink?

Starbucks or Limbaugh's Kool-Aid.
Bring back the Concorde

mdsh00

Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:34 pm

Quoting OA412 (Reply 23):

To either you really believe the crap that you post about the President, or are you deliberately posting lies and half-truths in order to stir the pot?

No don't you see, even the prestigious University of Chicago was duped by this Kenyan born college dropout into hiring him as a law fellow and professor of Constitutional Law for years and years.

/sarcasm off.

bjorn14

Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:03 pm

Quoting N1120A (Reply 42):
I don't want stupid people running the country.

and the one we have now is any better?         

sv7887

Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:17 pm

I'd agree. The lady is on a fundraising tear and has made a concerted effort to remain in the national limelight. Nixon was dumb enough to run for Gov of CA when as a former VP he really didn't have to do anything to remain relevant.

That said, Nixon was more than qualified to be President, Palin in contrast is woefully deficient.

Biden made some big whoppers in that debate. He just sounded intelligent and in command of the issues. He made a huge gaffe about Hezbollah having been kicked out of Lebanon by the UN. Palin was too clueless to call him on it. It was painful to watch, period.

Both Katie and Charlie threw her softballs. Couldn't have been sweeter to her. And she blew it both times, showing why she's not really into uncontrolled "news conferences". But Fox is OK.

I'd say they were just doing their job, and she really said some stupid things that gave them paydirt. It's their job to create news and Palin was just too easy for them. Palin much like Obama cannot speak without a script.

Contrast that to Bill Clinton who could talk intelligently about anything without needing a teleprompter or coaching.

Even as a conservative, I'd say Bill Clinton was one of the best Presidents in the past 40 yrs.

bjorn14

Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:38 pm

Quoting sv7887 (Reply 46):
Even as a conservative, I'd say Bill Clinton was one of the best Presidents in the past 40 yrs.

Yep...probably second best...unfortunately.

D L X

Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:46 pm

Quoting sv7887 (Reply 46):
Obama cannot speak without a script.

Except for when he does. (See, e.g., every town hall event. Derrrr...)

OA412

Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:27 am

The woman simply has used Katie and the rest of the elitist left to become a multi-millionaire and energize a voting base that will send the do nothing congress and empty suit president packing.

We're not the ones who have bought her "simple" shtick hook, line, and sinker. We're not the one purchasing her books. You can try and pretend that Palin has somehow misled the "left-wing elite" into becoming a multi-millionaire, but it's her great defenders such as yourself that are helping to line her pocketbook, not the left. You, and you alone, are the reason that she is a multi-millionaire.

Quoting Aaron747 (Reply 34):
don't know where you get off giving her so much credit. Bet you anything in 2012 and even 2016 the Congress will still be some variation of 45-55 GOP/DP or vice versa.

Exactly, but why let facts get in the way?

Not close, as D L X mentioned, said poster is firmly within the birther camp.

Quoting D L X (Reply 35):
Reply 3! Your very first post on this thread, you defended her. My god, Nick.

Like clockwork, no less!

Quoting mt99 (Reply 37):

Yes, but you're forgetting a cardinal rule of the Palin deification movement, when inconvenient facts are brought about your folk hero, deflect at all costs. It's OK for Sarah to do it if everyone else is doing it.

Quoting mdsh00 (Reply 44):
No don't you see, even the prestigious University of Chicago was duped by this Kenyan born college dropout into hiring him as a law fellow and professor of Constitutional Law for years and years.

And no less than a Constitutional Law prof that hasn't even read the Constitution. The thing with which I have yet to come to grips is not that these lies are so blatant, it's that people have actually bought into them and repeat them as though they are the gospel truth.

Quoting D L X (Reply 48):
Except for when he does. (See, e.g., every town hall event. Derrrr...)

Again, why let facts get in the way of a good old Obama bashing comment? Why even argue for the fact that every politician has used/continues to use a teleprompter? We all know that Obama is the only one.