RussianJet
Topic Author

Sarah Palin - "Our North Korean Allies"

Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:17 pm

Oh my word, that is hilarious.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-11840828

Wherever you are in the political spectrum, and even taking into account that all politicians have the odd slip of the tongue, this one particularly tickled me!

Quote:

Answering questions from host Glenn Beck she said, "Obviously, we've got to stand with our North Korean allies."
✈ Every strike of the hammer is a blow against the enemy. ✈

ajd1992

RE: Sarah Palin - "Our North Korean Allies"

Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:21 pm

And this woman wants to run the US? By Christ, she's worse than Dubya - and that takes some beating.

I don't know, especially as a political person, she mixed the two up. What a moron.

mham001

Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:27 pm

If a slip of the tongue is all you have to attack somebody, I'd say she's not the only moron.

Alias1024

Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:32 pm

Just a slip of the tongue. Pretty easy to understand when both countries names have the same word in them.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems with just potatoes.

RussianJet
Topic Author

Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:53 pm

Quoting mham001 (Reply 2):
If a slip of the tongue is all you have to attack somebody,
Quoting Alias1024 (Reply 3):
Just a slip of the tongue

Come off it chaps, not just any slip of the tongue. Yes, they both have Korea in their name, but given the not so subtle differences between the two, and the way we relate to them, it's kind of a massive 'slip'.

agill

Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:14 pm

I tried to defend her in discussions last election, but I just have to admit that she doesn't seem like the brightest crayon in the box.

kaitak

Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:22 pm

If a slip of the tongue is all you have to attack somebody, I'd say she's not the only moron.

Maybe, but if she had not been corrected, would she have realised her error?

A slip of the tongue would be saying, "north, sorry I mean, south Korean ...", but she didn't recognise her error and had to be corrected; in my view, that's not a slip of the tongue.

I'm sorry, but her ignorance of world affairs is nothing short of scary.

Alias1024

Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:24 pm

Quoting RussianJet (Reply 4):
Come off it chaps, not just any slip of the tongue. Yes, they both have Korea in their name, but given the not so subtle differences between the two, and the way we relate to them, it's kind of a massive 'slip'.

But it's still an inadvertent mistake that's easy to make in a conversation where both countries are being repeatedly mentioned. Look, I am certainly not a fan of Sarah Palin, but I also don't think she's so out of it that doesn't know the difference between North and South Korea.

We all screw up some times. President Obama once said he'd visited 57 states during a campaign speech. I'm pretty sure he knew there's only 50 states, but sometimes what you're thinking isn't quite what comes out when you speak.

ajd1992

Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:34 pm

Just a slip of the tongue. Pretty easy to understand when both countries names have the same word in them.

It's like confusing Austria and Australia - you have to be pretty stupid to get them mixed up. Yes, they have the same word in the both of them, but one is a harmless democratic free society, one is a totalitarian, iron-fisted regime. Not exactly difficult to see the difference is it?

Yellowstone

Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:39 pm

Quoting ajd1992 (Reply 8):
It's like confusing Austria and Australia - you have to be pretty stupid to get them mixed up. Yes, they have the same word in the both of them, but one is a harmless democratic free society, one is a totalitarian, iron-fisted regime.

Took me a moment to realize that you weren't calling Australia a totalitarian state!
Hydrogen is an odorless, colorless gas which, given enough time, turns into people.

AR385

Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:47 pm

As someone else here has described her, she is a brainless cheerleader. However, I have to admit that it seems to be only a slip of the tongue.

In Spanish, "Suecia" (Sweden) and "Suiza" (Switezerland) sound pretty similar. My father kept mentioning one when he meant the other. He never got them right, but he had been to both, so of course he knew the difference pretty well. The brain just sometimes gets its wires crossed.

RussianJet
Topic Author

Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:54 pm

Quoting Alias1024 (Reply 7):
We all screw up some times

Ah yes, but we don't all try to become leaders of one the world's most powerful countries.

President Obama once said he'd visited 57 states during a campaign speech. I'm pretty sure he knew there's only 50 states,

......which is also pretty funny.

TheCommodore

Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:17 pm

Quoting Yellowstone (Reply 9):
Took me a moment to realize that you weren't calling Australia a totalitarian state!

Who says its not !!   

No seriously,

Palin can be forgiven for making a slip of the tongue mistake, but this is not the first time, and I doubt that it will be the last either. Makes you wonder how "on the ball" she really is about international affairs ???

Quoting kaitak (Reply 6):
I'm sorry, but her ignorance of world affairs is nothing short of scary.

I think you may be on to something here.
“At first, they'll only dislike what you say, but the more correct you start sounding the more they'll dislike you.”

Cadet985

Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:27 pm

I don't know anyone who has said they live in the United Kindgom when they mean to say United States. But alas, we must remember that Sarah Palin is the woman who says that she can see Russia from her backyard.

Marc

cpd

Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:48 pm

But 57 states is less serious.

Calling DPRK one the US' allies is unforgivable. But then again, she'll know what to do - she's got the unmatched experience of seeing Russia from her doorstep, making her eminently more qualified that anyone else.  

RussianJet
Topic Author

Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:04 pm

Quoting cpd (Reply 14):
she's got the unmatched experience of seeing Russia from her doorstep,

Ha! I had forgotten about that one. Priceless.

GuitrThree

Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:17 pm

You know, what a childish post.

Seriously, anyone here care to listen to the whole clip? Of course not.. so why don't you, before inserting your foot into your mouth, spend a few seconds and listen to it....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDesYJiZuXw&feature=player_embedded

You'll quickly notice that BEFORE she made the slip up, she questions the White House's plan on sanctions on the actions of NORTH Korea. Then, after that, she does the slip up.

It's very obvious once you watch the whole clip. But, of course, we don't do that. We just do and say anything we can to make Palin look bad. Then we go on to excuse Obama for his 57 states comments.. his "My Muslim Faith" comment. His need to use a teleprompter in everything he does to avoid such slip ups... Yea. Let's see those who incorrectly accused Palin of not knowing the difference between north and south step up to the plate and say "wow, next time I'll listen to the whole thing before I chime in on the situation..."

That being said, it wasn't the strongest statement, no, but it clearly was a slip of the tongue, and get over it.
As Seen On FlightRadar24! Radar ==> F-KBNA5

QANTAS077

Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:37 pm

lol...considering the NK only ally is China, I would think it is incomprehensible that it could happen.

RussianJet
Topic Author

Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:41 pm

Quoting GuitrThree (Reply 16):
Seriously, anyone here care to listen to the whole clip? Of course not.. so why don't you, before inserting your foot into your mouth, spend a few seconds and listen to it....

Hmm, discussing a funny slip of the tongue is now deemed putting your foot in your mouth, or childish? Seems to me that being so darn defensive and serious about a funny gaffe is really putting your foot in your mouth. So she got the name of the country right before - wonderful, give her a medal. Meanwhile, it is still quite funny she called North Koreans allies, and for the record - I did see the whole clip, and what she said is still funny. I suppose it could be called childish given that it clearly is a jokey post and not a serious political discussion, but then, quite obviously, it wasn't intended to be - so why on earth criticise that? World is quite a boring place when you can't poke fun once in a while.

GuitrThree

Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:56 pm

Quoting RussianJet (Reply 18):
Hmm, discussing a funny slip of the tongue is now deemed putting your foot in your mouth, or childish?

Yes, when it's meaningless. It's more than obviously clear she knew what she was talking about, and this is shown in the video. She was on live radio, where people say things in slip ups every day, every hour. It's not funny at all. Ever listen to the radio? People say the wrong things all the time. Sorry, but it's not worth my time to bring them up every time it happens. And with Palin, it does, as proven by this post and the AP's jumping on the story. You bring this thread to the table with the only proof of the link to the story you read, which mentions NOTHING about how she correctly identified the countries before the slip up.
If you really watched the video first, you should have clarified that she was correct first, and then screwed up. However, you didn't do this, in fact, you never mentioned this. The foot in the mount comment came from all those who followed your thread about how she didn't know this, didn't know that.

So fine, you find it funny. Next time, just bring all the facts.
As Seen On FlightRadar24! Radar ==> F-KBNA5

TransIsland

Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:48 am

You'll quickly notice that BEFORE she made the slip up, she questions the White House's plan on sanctions on the actions of NORTH Korea. Then, after that, she does the slip up.

She does not say "sanctions," she says "to sanction what North Korea is gonna do."

The dictionary's first definition for the verb: "to authorize, approve, or allow: an expression now sanctioned by educated usage." - http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/sanction

Me thinks, her statement just got worse.
I'm an aviation expert. I have Sky Juice for breakfast.

mham001

Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:52 am

Quoting RussianJet (Reply 18):
Hmm, discussing a funny slip of the tongue is now deemed putting your foot in your mouth, or childish? Seems to me that being so darn defensive and serious about a funny gaffe is really putting your foot in your mouth.

It does seem this thread has been all about feet in mouth syndrome.

Quoting ajd1992 (Reply 1):
What a moron.
Quoting Agill (Reply 5):
doesn't seem like the brightest crayon in the box.
Quoting kaitak (Reply 6):
her ignorance of world affairs
you have to be pretty stupid to get them mixed up
Quoting AR385 (Reply 10):
she is a brainless cheerleader
Quoting cpd (Reply 14):
Calling DPRK one the US' allies is unforgivable

I'm not a fan and would not vote for her but you all keep it up with the ignorant, pointless dogpiles and she will rack up a significant backlash vote.

Zentraedi

Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:04 am

While funny, in the end we all have to admit this was just a slip of the tongue.

The truly scary thing is that she didn't even know they were separate countries until her cram sessions with McCain staffers.

mham001

Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:13 am

Quoting Zentraedi (Reply 22):
The truly scary thing is that she didn't even know they were separate countries until her cram sessions with McCain staffers.

Source?

RussianJet
Topic Author

Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:28 am

Quoting GuitrThree (Reply 19):
Next time, just bring all the facts.

Sorry, did she not say what I reported she said?

I suppose I should also mention what colour shoes she was wearing, just to be on the safe side? Just in case someone gets the hump?

Come on man, grow a sense of humour.

wolbo

Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:48 am

Quoting cpd (Reply 14):
But then again, she'll know what to do - she's got the unmatched experience of seeing Russia from her doorstep, making her eminently more qualified that anyone else

In fairness, while it may not be possible to see Russia from her doorstep it is actually possible to see Russia from Alaska (Diomedes).

OMG, did I just defend Palin?  

czbbflier

Fri Nov 26, 2010 2:21 am

North Carolina, South Carolina.... North Dakota, South Dakota. No difference is there?

Quoting Yellowstone (Reply 9):
No, it's the harmless democratic free society....  

I dunno.... She did seem to be doing really well up until that point. But how on Earth can you make that error? It's indicative that she really is a vapid attack-dog. She's strong on attack but when it's time to put forward her own argument suddenly the depth disappears and we are left with a cardboard cut out of what appears to be a human.

People from the States on this discussion board lament ad nauseum about how their politicians are of such low quality. "They're stupid." "They're dumb." They're spineless." It's like they're all posers and idiots who just fill half the shoes of some great "Leader" like Lincoln.... and yet.... knee-jerk reactions suddenly kick in when their horse comes up last in the running and slagged by the 'other side'. On BOTH sides. Honestly, whatever comes down the pipeline is well deserved.

Not that we're much better off elsewhere. But if you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got. If you want better, demand better of your own people. And if they don't cut the mustard, find someone else who does!

In the 1990s, the joke in Canada was, Q:"When do you know Brian Mulroney is lying?" A: "When his lips are moving." At least you knew it even though you could never put your finger on the actual act. (It got damned close though!)

But with someone like Palin, you never know when you're dealing with the truth and/or reality, or when you're dealing with a lie/delusion. Slip of the tongue? Mean Katie Couric and "Gotcha journalism"? That's what makes her dangerous. And not dangerous in the "blow up the whole world" dangerous, but because you never know who's at the levers and controls behind her pretty eyes and her ridiculous sound bites- slip ups and all.

Quoting TransIsland (Reply 20):
She does not say "sanctions," she says "to sanction what North Korea is gonna do."
I thought I heard it that way. So yes, it is worse. However, I truly don't think that Mrs. Palin can make that distinction. Nor could GWB. So I decided to take it in the context it was given and resolved the confusion. Surely she couldn't be sanctioning North Korea.

Or is it South Korea she's sanctioning? Maybe she's actually using "sanction" in the punitive sense which, if that were the case, she's used the wrong tense because what North Korea has already done was done in the past.

So maybe she means to impose sanctions for what North Korea did and sanction the actions that South Korea will do.

Or maybe she means to sanction what North Korea did and impose sanctions for the actions what South Korea will do.

Or maybe she just means to sanction "Korea" because it's easier to say "Sanction" than to read the CIA précis on the history of the conflict and viscerally understand that the peninsula is merely in cease-fire mode.

Maybe she says "sanction" but means "bomb" and the 'North / South' thing is just an inconvenience because one is "evil", and the other takes American jobs.

Trouble is, with her loose use of language and lack of substance to project nuance or even basic consistency, one really never knows.

MAH4546

Fri Nov 26, 2010 2:26 am

Obama has said that there are 57 states:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpGH02DtIws

He has also claimed Austrian is a language:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tr7zhnctF4c

But so what? People have slips of the tongue every once in a while. Get over it.
a.

EMBQA

Fri Nov 26, 2010 2:32 am

Quoting MAH4546 (Reply 27):
But so what? People have slips of the tongue every once in a while. Get over it.

.........what I'm not seeing reported is she corrected herself right away.... UNLIKE the person mentioned above
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog"

RussianJet
Topic Author

Fri Nov 26, 2010 2:34 am

But so what?

So it's funny, particularly when such ridiculous notions such as NK and USA being allies are the result, or having a bunch of extra states, or whatever. It's humourous, see? A tricky concept to grasp I realise, but worth getting to grips with.

Get over it.

Get over finding people saying silly things funny? No, I won't be doing that anytime soon, and frankly I see no reason why one should.

comorin

Fri Nov 26, 2010 2:40 am

Like when a normal person slips and falls, no one laughs; but when a clown falls, we all laugh.

[Edited 2010-11-25 19:20:51]

seb146

Fri Nov 26, 2010 3:01 am

What I think is funny is: All the same people that were saying "Because Obama said there are 57 states he should not be president!" are the same ones saying "Oh, well... this is really no big deal that Palin said North Korea when she clearly ment South Korea..."
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!

MKEdude

Fri Nov 26, 2010 3:53 am

If this were a one-off then it could be dismissed as a slip of the tongue. But it isn't, this is a pattern. Sarah Palin is not just uninformed about many of the issues of our day she seems to be proud of her ignorance. That somehow thinking things like Africa is a country makes her seem more like regular folk...it doesn't.

Either she is genuinely as stupid as she appears, or she is playing to the lowest common denominator. Either way she is not fit to be placed into any decision-making position
"You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline." Frank Zappa

Quokka

Fri Nov 26, 2010 3:54 am

but one is a harmless democratic free society, one is a totalitarian, iron-fisted regime

Hey mate, Austria may be harmless, but it is a bit harsh to describe Julia Gillard as totalitarian  
He has also claimed Austrian is a language:

I recall a comedian on German Television referring to the way they speak in Austria. He said, "That's not German. It's a throat inflammation." The Austrians return the compliment by referring to the Germans as "Mexikaner", which is their pronunciation of "Mag sie keiner" or 'No one likes them".

These sorts of mix-ups are quite common in public figures. There have been examples of Presidents arriving in a country, only to say they "are happy to be in..." and mention the wrong country. Remember the gaffe in India when the names of Camilla and Diana were mixed up. Sometimes the error happens because peoples thoughts are running ahead of their speech. 57 States: it may have felt that way or perhaps he was confusing Heinz and US.

Some slip ups can be funny, others not so, but they are rarely fatal. They do prove that public figures are human beings after all is said and done.

Ken777

Fri Nov 26, 2010 4:04 am

I guess that South might look like North when you have your head up your a . . .

RussianJet
Topic Author

Fri Nov 26, 2010 4:08 am

Quoting EMBQA (Reply 28):
.........what I'm not seeing reported is she corrected herself right away

So what? It doesn't make what she said any less funny.

Anyway, Glenn Beck corrected her actually:

Quote:

SARAH PALIN: Well, North Korea, this is stemming from I think a greater problem when we're all sitting around asking, "Oh, no, what are we going to do" and we're not having a lot of faith that the White House is going to come out with a strong enough policy to sanction what it is that North Korea's going to do. So this speaks to a bigger picture here that certainly scares me in terms of our national security policies. But obviously got to stand with our North Korean allies. We're bound to by treaty. We're also bound to by ‑‑

STU: South Korea.

SARAH PALIN: Yeah.

ltbewr

Fri Nov 26, 2010 4:22 am

As much as I disagree with Ms. Palin's poliltical views, she has caused so many to look for that 'gotcha' brain fart to here other verbal errors, that when one more occurs, it gets overblown.

EMBQA

Fri Nov 26, 2010 5:02 am

Quoting RussianJet (Reply 35):
So what? It doesn't make what she said any less funny.

Where are the threads and news stories on the gaffs said by the current administration...? I just listened to a live recording of what she said. A simple mistake which was corrected within seconds. How about what has been said by our current leader. Just as bad...?? Why does the media have such a negative attraction for her and lets the President say what ever he wants without pointing it out..?

For those of you that have Facebook and have Sara Palin as a 'Like' go check out her Thanksgiving letter. She took all the gaffs by President Obama and made them into a letter. She even provided a link to Youtube where you can actually see him make the gaff. I would say 30% of the people commenting actually think she wrote those words and are blasting her about it... even though the second paragraph tells the story of how the note came to be.

[Edited 2010-11-25 21:14:14]
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog"

Mir

Fri Nov 26, 2010 5:15 am

Yes, it's a slip, and it's amusing and nothing more, but it does rank right up there with GWB's legendary "the terrorists never stop trying to find ways to harm the country, and neither do we" slip-up.

Quoting comorin (Reply 30):
Like when a normal person slips and falls, no one laughs

Are these not normal people? Because I have to admit I laughed pretty hard:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M28OrIUAQ1Q

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CZu2hzQwsM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uA7EXQM4YvM

-Mir
7 billion, one nation, imagination...it's a beautiful day

Mudboy

Fri Nov 26, 2010 5:26 am

Wow!! It seems a few of you are really starting to fear this woman, when you are reaching this low? Articulation does not make one a great leader, there are many smooth and fast talkers, that spew nothing but BS.
Is this what we have to look forward to for the next 2 years? God forbid if she lets a fart slip in public? Imagine the youtube videos of that one.

RussianJet
Topic Author

Fri Nov 26, 2010 5:31 am

Quoting EMBQA (Reply 37):
Where are the threads and news stories on the gaffs said by the current administration...?

Don't know, but then I haven't read about anything funny that they said by mistake today in the news so I didn't post about them. I haven't said anything about whether or not they have also said such things, or shouldn't be laughed at for making similar mistakes, and I haven't actually criticised anyone's politics here! I posted it because it was a funny, silly mistake to make! Someone said something funny and quite dumb, and all of a sudden it just HAS to be another left vs. right sniping match.   

seb146

Fri Nov 26, 2010 5:40 am

Quoting Mudboy (Reply 39):
Is this what we have to look forward to for the next 2 years?

Why not? We have been doing this same stuff for the past 15 (at least)
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!

Ken777

Fri Nov 26, 2010 5:42 am

Quoting RussianJet (Reply 40):
Don't know, but then I haven't read about anything funny that they said by mistake today in the news so I didn't post about them.

Too much hate spewing over Obama, Reid and Pelosi to have some light humor there.

Besides we have Tina Fey leading the way with Palin. And Palin delivering the massive amounts of materials for Fey.

JBirdAV8r

Fri Nov 26, 2010 5:44 am

I think everyone is getting all wee-wee'd up over nothing.

Quoting qantas077 (Reply 17):
lol...considering the NK only ally is China,

Um....read a book lately? Think again.
I got my head checked--by a jumbo jet

Alias1024

Fri Nov 26, 2010 7:31 am

Quoting czbbflier (Reply 26):
North Carolina, South Carolina.... North Dakota, South Dakota. No difference is there?

I've messed those up before in conversation, not because of lack of knowledge, but a simple mistake.

Quoting Mir (Reply 38):
Yes, it's a slip, and it's amusing and nothing more, but it does rank right up there with GWB's legendary "the terrorists never stop trying to find ways to harm the country, and neither do we" slip-up.

I guess what Palin said is somewhat funny, but she has a long way to go to reach the high, high bar that GWB set for funny gaffes. He has a special ability that most of us lack to inadvertently misspeak in the most humorous way possible.

"I know how hard it is for you to put food on your family."

"Too many OB-GYNs aren't able to practice their love with women all across this country."

"Rarely is the question asked: Is our children learning?"

It's like confusing Austria and Australia - you have to be pretty stupid to get them mixed up.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqVzRD_nWLQ

PC12Fan

Fri Nov 26, 2010 4:40 pm

Seriously, anyone here care to listen to the whole clip?

The rest is usually under the bridge, and the damage has been done. Need another example? One word - nucular. Doesn't really matter what was said afterwards.
Just when I think you've said the stupidest thing ever, you keep talkin'!

AGM100

Fri Nov 26, 2010 5:30 pm

I happened to be driving home listening to this interview on satellite .... it was a slip up.. it happens . Palin derangement syndrome in the highest order .... At least she was not pulling some fake ass southern accent and claiming to be from Selma Alabama!...the 57th state no doubt ...    . Un-unplug the Presidents teleprompter .... uh uh uh ...    .

When I heard the President make his many gaffes .... I didn't freak out . I understand speaking in public and in interviews is rife with slip ups ... it happens especially in emotionally charged debates sometimes.

I happen to listen to what the President and his rebels inside the government say.... that is bad enough ,gaffes aside.

Besides ... Palin is right more than she is wrong , enter the death panel debate. She was exactly correct way back when the President and his insurgents were skating though the health care debate. She was 100% correct ... and this week the truth came out from the administration . go find it. Speaking of gaffes..remember when the President said " We ain't going to kill grandma"... omg what a joke.! Pure armature night ! keep it coming ..
You dig the hole .. I fill the hole . 100% employment !

D L X

Fri Nov 26, 2010 5:44 pm

We all screw up some times. President Obama once said he'd visited 57 states during a campaign speech.

Here's the difference: you had to go back over 2 years ago to find a similar Obama mistake. But at any point in time, you only have to go back maybe a week to find something stupid that Palin has done.

Refudiate.
Notes written on her hand.
North Korean allies.
Picking a fight with a teenager (Levi)

Additionally, it's hard to see what exactly Palin has actually done in the last two years as well. There are no positives out of her to negate her gaffe-matic tongue.

Quoting Cadet985 (Reply 13):

I don't know anyone who has said they live in the United Kindgom when they mean to say United States.

Or anyone who has said "North Korea" when they meant "North Dakota."

Seriously, anyone here care to listen to the whole clip?

Listened to it. She doesn't answer the question -- because she doesn't have an answer to the question. Her answer shows she doesn't even know what's going on.

"Oh no! What are we going to do?"
"We're not having a lot of faith that the White House is going to come out with a strong enough policy to *sanction what it is that North Korea is going to do* so it just speaks to a bigger picture here that certainly scares me as to our national security policy"
"Obviously, we gotta stand with our North Korean allies, we're bound to by treaty."

I think it's childish to defend her. This isn't a game of Risk here.

Quoting mham001 (Reply 23):

Quoting Zentraedi (Reply 22):

Source?

Game Change, which quotes McCain staffers. Nicole Wallace has said publicly on the air that Palin was a disaster. Of course, my questions is, why would you believe this not to be true?

Quoting ltbewr (Reply 36):
she has caused so many to look for that 'gotcha' brain fart to here other verbal errors, that when one more occurs, it gets overblown.

every time she has a brain fart, it is more evidence that she is a habitual brain farter.

D L X

Fri Nov 26, 2010 6:10 pm

By the way, has anyone else noticed that it seems that Glenn Beck really doesn't like Sarah Palin?

Alias1024

Fri Nov 26, 2010 6:21 pm

Quoting D L X (Reply 47):
Here's the difference: you had to go back over 2 years ago to find a similar Obama mistake. But at any point in time, you only have to go back maybe a week to find something stupid that Palin has done.

Refudiate.
Notes written on her hand.
North Korean allies.
Picking a fight with a teenager (Levi)

Additionally, it's hard to see what exactly Palin has actually done in the last two years as well. There are no positives out of her to negate her gaffe-matic tongue.

I'm certainly no fan of Sarah Palin, but this is nothing more than a somewhat humorous mistake. There's much bigger stuff to fry her for, some of which you mentioned. In a conversation where both North and South Korea are being repeatedly mentioned, it's easy enough to accidentally say one when you mean the other.

I don't like Sarah Palin, but I don't like political cheap shots either.