sw733

RE: Your Favorite Restaurants!

Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:55 pm

Quoting tbar220 (Reply 49):
Mmmmmmm, I could go for a brisket sandwich right now with some of that tangy cole slaw.

Hmmm...looks almost as good as 95% of BBQ places here in Kansas City  

poz2brs

Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:21 pm

I don't think I have ever taken pictures of food in a restaurant. However I will be tonight going to Manchester (on a date) with a lady who was temping at our office. She is a curry enthusiast and is taking me to her favourite curry restaurant. I have the postcode but I'm not sure which one it is - there looks to be a street full of Indian restaurants!
I'm finding it hard to believe, I'm in Devon.

tbar220
Topic Author

Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:55 pm

Curry you say? That brings me to my next favorite! It's called "Essence of India" and its on Lincoln Blvd in Chicago. Favorite Indian restaurant.

http://www.essenceofindiachicago.com/

http://www.google.com/url?source=imgres&ct=img&q=http://cocoyo.files.wordpress.com/2010/06/img_0464.jpg&sa=X&ei=ODxgTZ-CIcuEtgfo3cztCw&ved=0CAQQ8wc4FA&usg=AFQjCNGYMjb2-4rzrhrPaCyCrdsFQ78QTg

Now I really want some. As in now.

By the way, how did you date go? =P
NO URLS in signature

fraspotter

Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:02 pm

This topic got me thinking again... On top of WAGAMAMA japanese noodle restaurants that I mentioned in reply #42 I also remembered on my travels to London that we ate at a place called "Aberdeen Steak House" on Coventry Street in Picadilly Circus. They had the BEST Chicken Kiev with white rice! I don't have any pictures as I usually don't take pictures of my food at restaurants nor could I find a pic on the internet. God I'm hungry for that now... I NEED to go back to London! 
"The strength of the turbulence is directly proportional to the temperature of your coffee."

— Gunter's Second Law of Air Travel

tz757300

Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:47 pm

I've only been to places in the US so...

Apple Annie's- Point Marion, PA
This restaurant is a little hole in the wall restaurant specializing in wholesome American home cooking. Some people think that home cooking should be from home, but this place is AMAZING. They specialize in these apple dumplings that are out of this world.

Agave- Lewes, DE
This is my favorite restaurant when I'm home. Customized guacamole, authentic Mexican food, and tantalizing margaritas. Delicious.
LETS GO MOUNTAINEERS!

PITingres

Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:22 am

No pic, and it's been a while, and I don't generally care for Italian food on the road, given that I grew up in the midst of second generation wops and dagos  

but if you want something unexpectedly good, and you are in the Northern Virginia (dulles) area, try this:

http://www.zeffirelliristorante.com/
Fly, you fools! Fly!

AF340

Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:26 am

Quoting FRAspotter (Reply 53):
"Aberdeen Steak House" on Coventry Street in Picadilly Circus.

Yeah, they also operate Angus steakhouses. There are a couple of each in the West End. Basically if you walk down Long Acre from Covent Garden to Piccadilly Circus through Leicester Square you'll go past all of them! Despite walking past them every day I have never ventured inside, maybe I shall...

As for steakhouses, I quite enjoy Gaucho restaurants. Argentinian theme with locations all around the UK and the world. I've only been to my two local locations Piccadilly Circus and Chancery Lane -- of the two I would go back to the Piccadilly Circus location first.

cpd

Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:20 am

En Casa - Sydney.

I love Spanish food!  

WarRI1

Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:15 am

Gibson's in Rosemont-O'Hare and L'Express in Montreal. Sorry, no pictures, I always eat everything.  
It is better to die on your feet, than live on your knees.

bookishaviator

Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:32 am

Quoting Coal (Reply 1):

- Mamasita (Excellent Mexican food)

I love that place!

Other Melbourne favourites:

Cafe Vue - part of the Vue de monde 'empire', newest branch recently opened at MEL's international terminal (woo!), great food but admittedly a touch overpriced
Trunk Diner - cheap and hearty breakfasts and burgers

So many wonderful choices in Melbourne!

Although for a not-so-classy, yet still supremely satisfying experience, I can't go past Mrs. Parma's
When I die, when I die, I'll rot. But when I live, when I live, I'll give it all I've got.

tbar220
Topic Author

Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:09 pm

Mmmmmm, LOVE good Italian food. My favorite place here in Chicago is called "Pizza Art Cafe". Great food and great prices. Really good wood fired brick oven makes REALLY good pizzas.

http://www.pizzaartcafe.info/

Yum
NO URLS in signature