Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

fxramper
Topic Author

Brit Sniper Kills 2 Taliban With 1 Shot.

Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:49 pm

The British sniper team had 75 confirmed kills between the two of them in a 40 day period.   

A feel good story to read on Monday no less.   

article

KPDX

RE: Brit Sniper Kills 2 Taliban With 1 Shot.

Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:54 pm

Surely you are going to upset many on here by posting this, but I think that is incredible. Well done to those Brit soldiers.  

SOBHI51

Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:57 pm

Quoting KPDX (Reply 1):
Surely you are going to upset many on here by posting this

Not me  
I am against any terrorist acts committed under the name of Islam

fxramper
Topic Author

Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:02 pm

US Marine sniper - "1 shot, 1 kill."

British Royal sniper - "1 shot, 2 kill."

ArmitageShanks

Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:09 pm

Quoting fxramper (Thread starter):

I don't really see how that's a feel good story?

MD11Engineer

Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:10 pm

They would make Sgt. Plunkett of the 95th Rifles proud!

In any case, since snipers tend to observe their possible targets for quite a while before picking their prey, I doubt that they caused any collateral damage and I´m sure that their bag only consisted of real "bandits".

Jan
Je Suis Charlie et je suis Ahmet aussi

mham001

Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:15 pm

Quoting ArmitageShanks (Reply 4):

I'd bet a lot of people who would rather not live under Taliban oppression feel good about it. just sayin'...

Dreadnought

Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:36 pm

Because it is the epitomy of a 'surgical strike'. People get all upset (and they are not entirely wrong) about the need to blow up a house to get the bad guy inside, and possibly killing people nearby who had nothing to do with it. A decent sniper won't even take the shot if there appears to be someone innocent standing right behind the target - he'll just wait a few minutes for a clear shot to develop.

That said, at first I was very worried about these snipers being named in the article. Their families would become targets. At the very end it says that their names are fake, so that's OK.

Still a ways to go to beat Simo Häyhä's record of some 550 kills.
Democrats haven't been this angry since we took away their slaves.

GDB

Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:56 pm

Likely very psychologically damaging to the enemy too, there you are doing your women hating, threatening/extorting the locals Tailban shit, then.................
(Worth noting that over 90% of Taliban IED victims are civilians, that is indiscriminate use of force).

There was a case of an identified Taliban commander being killed by a Special Boat Squadron (Royal Marines SAS counterparts) sniper at distance from a helicopter.

I think a Canadian sniper holds the distance record, or did for a time.

Springbok747

Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:16 pm

Congrats to the sniper and the Brits. Well done and thank you. Now here's hoping another sniper breaks this record while dispatching more Taliban scum doing it.

Quoting GDB (Reply 8):
I think a Canadian sniper holds the distance record, or did for a time.

Yes, it was 2,430 m. This shot is 2,475 m.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...rld/afghanistan/article7113916.ece

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Longest_recorded_sniper_kills
אני תומך בישראל

Luxair

Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:04 pm

Nothing...really nothing to be proud of   

alberchico

Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:12 pm

Quoting KPDX (Reply 1):
Surely you are going to upset many on here by posting this

I don't see how.....

Quoting Luxair (Reply 10):

War is hell, but sometimes necessary....
short summary of every jewish holiday: they tried to kill us ,we won , lets eat !

Dreadnought

Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:15 pm

The snipers aren't really doing anything the Taliban don't want. They all want to see Allah when they die - the snipers are just advancing the appointment a little bit.
Democrats haven't been this angry since we took away their slaves.

Springbok747

Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:20 pm

FFS..it is a tremendous achievement whether you approve of it or not. These soldiers are out there risking their lives to take out scum like the Taliban..

Please read..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taliban_treatment_of_women

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taliban#Ideology
אני תומך בישראל

Doona

Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:26 pm

Quoting Dreadnought (Reply 12):
The snipers aren't really doing anything the Taliban don't want. They all want to see Allah when they die - the snipers are just advancing the appointment a little bit.

Please forgive Luxair for not enjoying stories about the loss of human life.

I understand appreciating the skill and all that, but the fact that some posters here are being knocked for not expressing joy at people being killed (even bad guys who have it coming, especially in a war zone) is, in fact, somewhat disgusting.

Cheers
Mats
Sure, we're concerned for our lives. Just not as concerned as saving 9 bucks on a roundtrip to Ft. Myers.

yowza

Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:30 pm

I don't mean to derail this thread but I assumed this was a re-hash of what some Israeli snipers did a couple years ago. Celebrating the idea of shooting a pregnant woman which is also 1 shot, 2 kills. Very cras...

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/Wor...-Offensive/Article/200903315245946

yowza

Luxair

Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:11 pm

Thanks Mats for your understanding...u've got the point! U know guys...with all respect to the soldiers risking their lives for doing the "Job", simply none should brag with loss of lifes...enemies or not!
If that war is justified or not...that's worth opening another tread  

Peace  

ronglimeng

Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:14 pm

I've always wondered what the value of snipers was.

Apparently the Duke of Wellington had no regard for snipers on the Peninsula and I understand that in the trenches in the Great War snipers only it more miserable for those enduring life there without really affecting anything.

It seems to me that celebrating the long-range marksmanship of a couple of British soldiers really is an indication of how little real success we are having in that God-forsaken place.

canoecarrier

Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:32 pm

Quoting Springbok747 (Reply 9):
Yes, it was 2,430 m. This shot is 2,475 m.

I saw a video somewhere of a guy shooting a target at 1,000 yards with an old Russian sniper rifle. The bullet drop at that distance was somewhere around 22 feet even with modern cartridges. Unbelievable distances to be shooting accurately.
The beatings will continue until morale improves

GST

Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:47 pm

Quoting ronglimeng (Reply 17):

Apparently the Duke of Wellington had no regard for snipers on the Peninsula and I understand that in the trenches in the Great War snipers only it more miserable for those enduring life there without really affecting anything.

They are largely a tool to sap the morale of enemy forces in wars where large opposing forces reach stalemate. In more dynamic scenarios they are effective at taking out officers and NCOs of an enemy force to eliminate their coordination. In WW2 the Russians (started by Vasilli Zaitsev in an organised doctrine) used massed snipers (10+ snipers) to provide close support to attacks and blunt enemy actions when there was prior warning, to astonishing effect.

Taking out enemy heavy weapons and commanders where they can be identified seems to be the primary use in Afghanistan, but in those instances of having a well trained and well placed sniper team dominating the ground for hours or more can have a massive effect on enemy morale and improve that of besieged civilians (those who dislike Taliban domination that is).

MD11Engineer

Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:23 pm

Quoting yowza (Reply 15):
I don't mean to derail this thread but I assumed this was a re-hash of what some Israeli snipers did a couple years ago. Celebrating the idea of shooting a pregnant woman which is also 1 shot, 2 kills. Very cras...

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/Wor...45946

I think there exists a difference between shooting an unarmed civilian or a armed guerilla fighter.

've always wondered what the value of snipers was.

It seems to me that celebrating the long-range marksmanship of a couple of British soldiers really is an indication of how little real success we are having in that God-forsaken place.

Actually longrange marksmanship has a long tradition in the British forces, dating back to their experiences in the American War of Independence, when musket-armed redcoats in static lines had to face American militiamen hiding in the bushes, taking potshots with their much more accurate hunting rifles at them. Additional influence came from "Jäger" (Hunter) units from the continent, which were made up from foresters and professional hunters, who brought their very accurate hunting rifles with them (Most troops at the time were armed with shortrange, inaccurate muskets, which were cheap, but could only be used effectively in volley fire from massed formations of soldiers).
As a result the British developed first the "Experimental Corps of Riflemen", of which later evolved the 95th and 60th Rifles, who fought during the Napoleonic wars . The Sgt. plunkett i mentioned earlier was one of the best marksmen of the 95th Rifles during the Peninsular Campaign (also directly under Wellington´s command). He managed to shoot a French general off his horse at a distance of 850 meters, using a flintlock Baker rifle with very simple iron sights. To prove that it wasn´t a fluke he next shot the general´s adjudant, who came over to help his general.
The 95th rifles (of whom the Royal Greenjackets are the direct descendants) were also one of the first units where an attempt at camouflage was made, their uniforms were dark green with black buttons and, unlike the line infantry, who fought in massed formations, the riflemen were trained to operate in pairs (one shooting, the other one reloading) and the officers had to prove that they were just as good shots as their enlisted men in shooting contests. The French troops hated the "Grasshoppers".
From then on marksmanship stayed important in the British Army, with notable places like Bisley coming to mind.

Jan
Je Suis Charlie et je suis Ahmet aussi

yowza

Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:27 pm

Quoting MD11Engineer (Reply 21):
I think there exists a difference between shooting an unarmed civilian or a armed guerilla fighter.

I 100% agree with you there. I was just pointing out that I thought that that is where this thread was headed.

YOWza

san747

Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:59 pm

What's the big deal? I did that this morning on Call of Duty 4!  
Quoting Doona (Reply 14):

Please forgive Luxair for not enjoying stories about the loss of human life.

I understand appreciating the skill and all that, but the fact that some posters here are being knocked for not expressing joy at people being killed (even bad guys who have it coming, especially in a war zone) is, in fact, somewhat disgusting.

Agreed. It's a remarkable achievement, but it's still regrettable to me that the sniper was even in a war zone in the first place. Crucify me if you want.
Scotty doesn't know...

RussianJet

Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:33 am

Yup. It is indeed a remarkable feat, and I appreciate what these guys have to do in the circumstances, but the day we all start delighting in killing is the day we all lose our way in drastic fashion. War is indeed sometimes necessary, but not really something to rejoice at.
✈ Every strike of the hammer is a blow against the enemy. ✈

WarRI1

Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:47 am

Quoting RussianJet (Reply 23):
Yup. It is indeed a remarkable feat, and I appreciate what these guys have to do in the circumstances, but the day we all start delighting in killing is the day we all lose our way in drastic fashion. War is indeed sometimes necessary, but not really something to rejoice at.

Look at it as a victory over people who kill indiscrimately, military and civilian, they bomb and maim, and hide behind civilians. These Snipers reached out and killed these killers. I ask, how good is that?
It is better to die on your feet, than live on your knees.

RussianJet

Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:52 am

Quoting WarRI1 (Reply 24):
I ask, how good is that?

It is sad that killing was necessary in the first place, and that people are so evil as to require us to resort to such things. Again, hats off to the brave people that put themselves in danger to deal with awful situations like this, but I cannot be happy about what is going on.

WarRI1

Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:03 am

Quoting RussianJet (Reply 25):
I ask, how good is that?

It is sad that killing was necessary in the first place, and that people are so evil as to require us to resort to such things. Again, hats off to the brave people that put themselves in danger to deal with awful situations like this, but I cannot be happy about what is going on.

I am certainly not happy either, but it is what it is, we are not going to stop them any other way, they are ruthless. How can you deal with an enemy combatant, ask them to surrender?

RussianJet

Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:10 am

Quoting WarRI1 (Reply 26):
How can you deal with an enemy combatant, ask them to surrender?

I already made it clear that war can be necessary, so I don't feel the question is relevant.

UH60FtRucker

Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:30 am

Well it's feel good story for us. But I'm sure it's not for them. I can't imagine it "feels good" to have a .50cal rip through your skull!

I've always wondered what the value of snipers was.

Well tactically, snipers are quite useful.

They have a disproportionate effect on the battlefield. Aside from the fact that one man can eliminate more enemy than your average infantryman... the psychological effect can be even more devastating.

In the siege of Fallujah, a very small group of USMC snipers were successfully able to pin down a large portion of enemy combatants inside their hiding locations. The enemy combatants were too fearful to move, because the snipers were dialed in so well. This enabled the Marines to move more freely, and it also allowed the enemy to be pinned to specific locations where they could be eliminated by air power.

...So just a few men were able to have the same combat impact as entire squads of grunts. Very impressive.
Your men have to follow your orders. They don't have to go to your funeral.

TheCommodore

Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:34 am

You cant be serious, this makes you feel good on Monday, how do you feel on Tuesday ?

No, nor do I.

Speaks volumes about what makes some people happy.   

Quoting alberchico (Reply 11):
I don't see how.....

You like celebrating violent death, wow .

Look at it as a victory over people who kill indiscrimately, military and civilian

Its part of a soldiers job to, kill and wound, however we don't need to dance around in joy at the thought of people being killed, even if they are the enemy.

To all the posters out there who feel the need to rejoice this, your no better then the targets themselves.
“At first, they'll only dislike what you say, but the more correct you start sounding the more they'll dislike you.”

WarRI1

Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:42 am

Quoting TheCommodore (Reply 29):
Look at it as a victory over people who kill indiscrimately, military and civilian

Its part of a soldiers job to, kill and wound, however we don't need to dance around in joy at the thought of people being killed, even if they are the enemy.

That is well said. I agree, it is the soldiers job to kill and wound, and we are commenting on the British Soldiers doing a good job. Nothing more, nothing less. A victory for them, and by extension us. A dead terrorist, is a good terrorist, ask any soldier.

GQfluffy

Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:45 am

To all the posters out there who feel the need to rejoice this, your no better then the targets themselves.

You're not your, but I get your point.

The fact that there are 75 less terrorists who would rather kill just about anyone posting on this website for the shear fact that we're online and probably aren't a part of their religion is most likely a good thing, death being involved by way of a bullet or not. Quit acting like you're better than I just because you feel they didn't deserve to die and I do. Your morals aren't any cleaner than mine.
This isn't where I parked my car...

ArmitageShanks

Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:50 am

Quoting san747 (Reply 22):

You camping ASS!!! I hate you guys, haha.

UH60FtRucker

Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:54 am

It's rather ironic that you - someone who insists upon moral relativism and adamantly opposes it when cultures impose their beliefs, morals and ethics upon another - would assume such a judgmental and morally superior stance.

I guess it's one of those beliefs that you can pick and chose when it's relevant?

san747

Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:04 am

Quoting ArmitageShanks (Reply 32):
Quoting san747 (Reply 22):

You camping ASS!!! I hate you guys, haha.

Actually, I rarely snipe, pretty much for that reason haha. I was just on the right map and two guys came out, one behind the other, and I got a lucky shot off! Most of the time, I'm on the ground with my trusty G36C. I much prefer closer range engagements 
Scotty doesn't know...

Mudboy

Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:11 am

The British sniper team had 75 confirmed kills between the two of them in a 40 day period.

Isn't this old news from a few years ago? Or maybe that was the longest kill ever, I am thinking of?

You know, I am willing to bet that you have never put your life in harms way for your country, and the men next to you, therefore, I see it a waste of time to try to get you to open your eyes, just slightly. The Taliban are insects, that would kill you where you stand for being different than they are. So, we kill 2 with one round, yet they kill many with their suicide bombs. So, since you cannot see it my way, look at it like they are saving the tax payers money, by getting 2 for 1. Feel better?
Stay Safe!

BMI727

Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:25 am

Nice shot. When the government cuts the defense budget, you do what you have to do I guess.
Why do Aerospace Engineering students have to turn things in on time?

ipodguy7

Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:06 am

God Bless those fighting to keep the free "free". Keep up the good fight until the very last of these terrorists are gone. Please don't misunderstand my post. I have nothing against the Arab world in any way, apart from the bastards who chose to give a bad name to all those living in their home lands.
AA/DL/NW/CO/UA/US/B6/AS/AC/FI/NY/EI/BD/BA/AF/AZ/DY/SK/QF/JQ/JL

TheCommodore

Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:15 am

Quoting GQfluffy (Reply 31):
Quit acting like you're better than I just because you feel they didn't deserve to die and I do. Your morals aren't any cleaner than mine.

Believe me, I'm not acting, you may just have confirmed it.

Quoting UH60FtRucker (Reply 33):
It's rather ironic that you - someone who insists upon moral relativism and adamantly opposes it when cultures impose their beliefs, morals and ethics upon another - would assume such a judgmental and morally superior stance.

I guess it's one of those beliefs that you can pick and chose when it's relevant?

What a load of clap trap.

Sorry, I just don't get a hard on like you seem to, when someone is killed in this way.

Quoting Mudboy (Reply 35):
You know, I am willing to bet that you have never put your life in harms way for your country, and the men next to you, therefore, I see it a waste of time to try to get you to open your eyes, just slightly. The Taliban are insects, that would kill you where you stand for being different than they are. So, we kill 2 with one round, yet they kill many with their suicide bombs. So, since you cannot see it my way, look at it like they are saving the tax payers money, by getting 2 for 1. Feel better?

Yeah yeah,

You know something. Lets stick to the point shall we, Its got nothing to do with putting your life on the line for country

Quoting Mudboy (Reply 35):
The Taliban are insects, that would kill you where you stand for being different than they are. So, we kill 2 with one round, yet they kill many with their suicide bombs

We agree on something then.

Point is, I just don't think its a good thing that anyone has to die, even if they are terrorists, it still tragic. Actually its tragic for the soldiers /snipers too, as this will live with then forever.

A better outcome would be, if it didn't have to happen at all. But that's another story.
“At first, they'll only dislike what you say, but the more correct you start sounding the more they'll dislike you.”

Springbok747

Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:43 am

Quoting TheCommodore (Reply 39):
Point is, I just don't think its a good thing that anyone has to die, even if they are terrorists, it still tragic. Actually its tragic for the soldiers /snipers too, as this will live with then forever.

So..wait...you're saying....it doesn't matter if they kill us..but we shouldn't kill them...

What a load of crap.

The Taliban are scum..worse than the dirt on my feet. I'd have no trouble sending them to their 72 virgins..and I'm betting those soldiers wouldn't have any problems with that either.
אני תומך בישראל

baroque

Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:54 am

Quoting MD11Engineer (Reply 20):
From then on marksmanship stayed important in the British Army, with notable places like Bisley coming to mind.

Interesting post - as always. The Brits discovered the hard way that sniping was a useful tactic.

That is probably the post that my late father would have most appreciated, after spending 3 years from 1915 to 1918 under constant threat from snipers on the opposite side. I suspect he may have acted as a sniper but he would never say so (would never say much about the lines except about the day he was wounded by a whizz bang), but he was an extraordinarily good shot with a rifle.

One who did comment on his experiences as a sniper was Victor Sylvester, later on the famous dance band leader. From his comments, the longer term effects of being a sniper are not necessarily positive. I would think this is a sobering point.

But yes the Taliban are not generally nice folk, but a fair proportion of the "not appearing nice" is because we are invading their country. I have heard few reports of the Redcoats being welcomed with flowers and sweets during that unfortunate episode during the last part of the 18th century. A fair few of the Taliban are not professional terrorists, but rather in David Kilcullen's phrase, accidental guerrillas.

Sniping is probably the method of engagement giving the least bad effects outside the act itself, so that has to be high on a list of preference. And yes IEDs are really a horrid way to prosecute a war and that with suicide bombs will be a long lasting condemnation of the Taliban. The comment about civilian casualties is probably well taken but I bet that number is not as far different from the civilian casualties from our version of the tactic, bombing. But to get a count, someone would have to tell the truth!

The tactic that would really have been much better than sniping would have been to avoid a movement like the Taliban gaining traction in the first place. Please can we go back to 1979 with knowledge of one possible future and just start again?

For a 50 minute version of this thread try:
http://www.abc.net.au/tv/bigideas/stories/2009/08/26/2667749.htm
David Kilcullen and Julian Burnside on Tactics in the Iraq War
26 Aug 2009, 10:00

Australian-born David Kilcullen was the senior advisor to US General Petraeus during his time in Iraq, advising on counter-insurgency. The implementation of his strategies is now regarded as a major turning point in the war. Kilcullen is now advising the US military in Afghanistan. Here, in a brilliant discussion with human rights lawyer Julian Burnside at the Melbourne Writers Festival, he talks about the ethics and tactics of contemporary warfare.

A little out of date, but perhaps not that much has happened from 2009, or not much that Kilcullen did not know about before the fact????

UH60FtRucker

Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:25 am

Quoting TheCommodore (Reply 38):
What a load of clap trap.

Sorry, I just don't get a hard on like you seem to, when someone is killed in this way.

Well it's kinda odd and creepy that you're thinking about me getting a hardon.   

...But needless to say, you would be further from the truth. All I'm saying is that it's a hypocritical stance, that you're taking. You are constantly jumping up and down, complaining when other people/cultures/nations impose their own belief structure and moral code on someone else. You cannot deny that you have been one of the board's biggest moral relativist!

So you have to understand that a lot of people probably see it as rather lame when you so freely abandon those ideals, to try and lecture other people. Because in essence, you're imposing your own belief structure on all of us. You're assuming that your morals are superior to others, and that your beliefs are the correct beliefs.

But yet, in any other thread, any other day, you would be flipping out if someone else was doing the same thing. You're just cherry picking the times when you want to believe in your ideals. It's really lame.

RJLover

Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:46 am

All I am going to say is........

Hell ya!!

RussianJet

Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:52 am

Quoting Springbok747 (Reply 39):

So..wait...you're saying....it doesn't matter if they kill us..but we shouldn't kill them...

What a load of crap.

There is much he says that I don't agree with, but to be fair he never said that. I believe the point he was making was that it was a shame that it has to come to this, not that given the situation is what it is that we shouldn't do what we have to do.

Mudboy

Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:06 am

Quoting TheCommodore (Reply 38):
You know something. Lets stick to the point shall we, Its got nothing to do with putting your life on the line for country

Well maybe because you have not, it is hard for you to understand the TEAM concept, where any victory for the TEAM, not matter how big or small, is celebrated as a mission well done. By killing these 2 taliban, lives have been saved, hence the celebration, but something you would not understand.

airtran737

Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:17 am

Good job by these snipers. They are a surgical tool of war and can do a great amount of damage. I hope that they keep safe, and continue to see the "pink mist" in their sights.
Nice Trip Report!!! Great Pics, thanks for posting!!!! B747Forever

TheCommodore

Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:59 am

Quoting Springbok747 (Reply 39):

Without becoming so emotive, or should I say hysterical. Please READ WHAT I WROTE !

Did I once say its alright for them to kill us, answer, NO !

So stop with putting incorrect words into my mouth.

Quoting Baroque (Reply 40):
One who did comment on his experiences as a sniper was Victor Sylvester, later on the famous dance band leader. From his comments, the longer term effects of being a sniper are not necessarily positive. I would think this is a sobering point.

My grandfather said exactly the same thing about snipers, but then again, that can probably said about the SAS and some of the missions they have to contend with.

Quoting UH60FtRucker (Reply 41):
So you have to understand that a lot of people probably see it as rather lame when you so freely abandon those ideals, to try and lecture other people.

I have not abandoned anything. I am simply expressing my thoughts on said topic like this opinion...

Quoting Springbok747 (Reply 9):
Congrats to the sniper and the Brits. Well done and thank you. Now here's hoping another sniper breaks this record while dispatching more Taliban scum doing it.

Anyone would be forgiven for thinking we are at a high school graduation or similar, with such fan fair.

Is his opinion any more valid than mine, just because you more than likely agree with his line of thinking ?

Sorry, Maybe I just don't understand, as Mudboy says, but I will never rejoice or feel happy over any death, even the enemy's. I think a death is a death and they are all tragic, especially when it comes to fighting, what always turn out to be, when history is in place, senseless wars.

[Edited 2011-03-15 04:02:33]

travelavnut

Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:02 am

Live From Amsterdam!

baroque

Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:37 pm

Quoting travelavnut (Reply 47):
Made me think of this guy;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simo_Häyhä

Perhaps an alternative tactic would be to play Sibelius' Swan of Tuonela over loudspeakers to the Taliban. That might give them a message.

fxramper
Topic Author

Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:52 pm

You cant be serious, this makes you feel good on Monday, how do you feel on Tuesday ?

It beats reading all the news about Japan.

Quoting UH60FtRucker (Reply 33):