Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

zalemam
Topic Author

Muslim Leaders Taken Off Delta Flight

Sat May 07, 2011 5:23 pm

Muslim leaders say they were taken off Tenn flight

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110506/ap_on_re_us/us_imams_airline

Fair Use:

"Two Muslim religious leaders say they were removed from a commercial flight in America and told it was because the pilot refused to fly with them aboard."

"Masudur Rahman, who is also an adjunct instructor of Arabic at the University of Memphis, on Friday said he and another imam had already been allowed to board a domestic flight out of Memphis when they were asked to leave the plane."

[Edited 2011-05-07 10:23:58]
Patience is Virtue

HPRamper

RE: Muslim Leaders Taken Off Delta Flight

Sat May 07, 2011 6:14 pm

Sadly this seems to be a case in which the captain could have chosen to be the bigger person but instead chose a much weaker way to handle the situation. Clearly the people posed no danger to the flight and if other passengers are uncomfortable about flying with someone who dresses differently than they do, a better suggestion is that they get over themselves.

n92r03

Sat May 07, 2011 6:28 pm

Chances are there is more to this story and since I was not there I will not comment any further.

FRAIAD

Sat May 07, 2011 6:35 pm

From what I have read about this incident, this is outrageous!

OA260

Sat May 07, 2011 6:40 pm

The pilot should be suspended pending an investigation. If the article is true then a pilot who doesn't want to fly a certain section of a community should leave the profession. Would it be acceptable to refuse to fly an aircraft because Baptists or Catholics were on board?

Flighty

Sat May 07, 2011 6:44 pm

Quoting OA260 (Reply 4):
The pilot should be suspended pending an investigation. If the article is true then a pilot who doesn't want to fly a certain section of a community should leave the profession.

Agreed. Pilots do not have the right to refuse carriage based on ethnicity or creed or gender. They do have that right based on behavior however. Maybe the pilot was offended by their attitude or behavior, in which case maybe this was legitimate. But it doesn't look like it

airtran737

Sat May 07, 2011 6:49 pm

Pilots have every right to throw someone off of their aircraft if they feel that it is a safety issue. I guarantee that when these guys were booted the piloted cited safety reasons, and he will not get into any trouble. Safety first, hurt feelings last.
Nice Trip Report!!! Great Pics, thanks for posting!!!! B747Forever

gosimeon

Sat May 07, 2011 6:49 pm

Aparently these guys even went through the extra screening before boarding. Some passengers were not happy with them flying, and the pilot agreed he'd rather not have them onboard. Absolutely ridiculous stuff, and very ignorant on the part of the pilot. The airline gave them a later flight.

c5load

Sat May 07, 2011 6:51 pm

Quoting HPRamper (Reply 1):
Clearly the people posed no danger to the flight

Neither did the hi-jackers of 9/11 until the plane was airborne.
"But this airplane has 4 engines, it's an entirely different kind of flying! Altogether"

cvg2lga

Sat May 07, 2011 6:51 pm

As someone esle mentioned above, not enough details included. I do think however, that this situation could have easily been avoided and without disrupting anyone´s day, quite so much. I just wonder if those ^complainin^ feel foolish knowing that these two gentleman made it to their destination later without incident. Probably not because they are fools in themselves.

Tchau

DA-
They don't call em' emergencies anymore. They call em' Patronies.

FlyPIJets

Sat May 07, 2011 7:00 pm

Quoting OA260 (Reply 4):
The pilot should be suspended pending an investigation.

Pending an investigation!?! No. Maybe after an investigation if the allegations prove that this was just poor judgement in denying passage.
Rex Kramer: Get that finger out of your ear! You don't know where that finger's been!

OA260

Sat May 07, 2011 7:05 pm

Quoting FlyPIJets (Reply 10):
Pending an investigation!?! No.

Yes because other passengers could be refused on ''safety'' grounds whilst an investigation is on going. The next Muslim passengers who happen to be on his flight may also be denied. By all means suspend with full pay but he cant refuse people he just doesnt like to fly with unless they are posing a risk. They passed through the security system and I presume were not carrying weapons such as box cutters or plastic knives?

Coronado990

Sat May 07, 2011 7:05 pm

Maybe they were taking pictures with a....c a m e r a. The ultimate double whammy; being a muslim plane spotter in America. Forget about it.
We're up.

vfw614

Sat May 07, 2011 7:21 pm

Quoting c5load (Reply 8):

The same is probably true for every caucasian hijacker of the past 60 years or so.

aa757first

Sat May 07, 2011 8:01 pm

Unless there's something we don't know about, this pilot should be fired, ASA sued and fined by the government. This is both morally wrong and economically stupid. If I were ASA, I'd be pissed he left and then returned, wasting time and gate space.

Quoting AirTran737 (Reply 6):
Pilots have every right to throw someone off of their aircraft if they feel that it is a safety issue. I guarantee that when these guys were booted the piloted cited safety reasons, and he will not get into any trouble. Safety first, hurt feelings last.

I don't think this is true. I'm guessing it works like employment law: you can fire someone for a good reason or no reason at all, but not for a bad reason, like their religion or national origin. All you'd have to do is prove that the pilot was using safety as a facade to hide discrimination.

Also, what were the safety reasons? The article said the pilot kicked him off because other people could feel uncomfortable.

Bureaucromancer

Sat May 07, 2011 8:03 pm

Quoting Flighty (Reply 5):
Maybe the pilot was offended by their attitude or behavior, in which case maybe this was legitimate. But it doesn't look like it

Wrong. He has no right to throw them off because he is "offended". Abusive behaviour, or a safety threat is one thing, but an "offensive attitude" is in no way shape or form grounds to do anything.

davs5032

Sat May 07, 2011 8:27 pm

Quoting vfw614 (Reply 13):
The same is probably true for every caucasian hijacker of the past 60 years or so.

I think we both know this has nothing whatsoever to do with race. This is about a violent ideology. Richard Reid was a caucasian hijacker as well, but the threat presented by him was caused by a religious ideology...let's keep that in mind.

There is more to this story than any of us know, so I think it's wise to let the details emerge before jumping to politically correct conclusions.

D L X

Sat May 07, 2011 8:31 pm

Sounds like a pilot that needs to freshen his resume.

Airport

Sat May 07, 2011 8:33 pm

So why don't we ban airline employees from non-work-related flying?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FedEx_Flight_705
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PSA_Flight_1771

You never know who may be disgruntled, especially in today's airline industry. And since they could be pissed at their employer and know a lot more about security, and have a lot more access than the average joe, I say we throw them all off. That certainly sounds a lot more logical than throwing someone off because he/she has brown skin and is dressed in Muslim attire.

In all seriousness, I'm not convinced that hijackers pose much of a threat on commercial airliners in the US anymore. The American people have shown in recent years to be vigilant and to stand up to any percieved terrorist threat. If people were to really try hijacking the airplane to fly it into a building, the passengers would take them out before they could get anywhere.

Cheers,
Anthony/Airport

Braniff727Ultra

Sat May 07, 2011 8:36 pm

People, need I remind y'all that the war on terror still wages even with Bin Laden's death. SAFETY first! If the pilot fealt the aircraft, crew & passengers were in danger then by all means, these guys can be butt hurt all they want, too bad!

For y'all playin the "this offends me" card; I doubt a one of y'all would be typin the same thoughts had this aircraft come under attack from those two at 37000 ft.

pcbm

Sat May 07, 2011 8:44 pm

Deplorable behavior on the part of the pilot – and the airline that let it happen.

Not sure what “other facts” can emerge – the passengers were subjected to re-screening, and deemed not to be a threat – and then the pilot refuses to fly them – arrogance beyond belief.

davs5032

Sat May 07, 2011 8:46 pm

Quoting Braniff727Ultra (Reply 19):
People, need I remind y'all that the war on terror still wages even with Bin Laden's death. SAFETY first! If the pilot fealt the aircraft, crew & passengers were in danger then by all means, these guys can be butt hurt all they want, too bad!

For y'all playin the "this offends me" card; I doubt a one of y'all would be typin the same thoughts had this aircraft come under attack from those two at 37000 ft.

Couldn't agree more. It's frustrating that some insist on protecting people's feelings from being hurt, to the extent that it undermines efforts to protect human life from being jeopardized.

Braniff727Ultra

Sat May 07, 2011 8:52 pm

Quoting pcbm (Reply 20):
Deplorable behavior on the part of the pilot – and the airline that let it happen.

Not sure what “other facts” can emerge – the passengers were subjected to re-screening, and deemed not to be a threat – and then the pilot refuses to fly them – arrogance beyond belief

When you're on a plane at 37000' cruising to some long anticiapted vacation for you & your family; the last thing that I or anyone wants to worry about is the possibility that someone on the plane plans to blow it out of the sky. I certainly hope this example NEVER comes to fact but just what IF those two even after the additional screening had hidden away in their luggage in the belly of the bird a bomb that was waitng for them to activate it via a cell phone? Think I'm being an @hole? No, just realistic to this time we are in.

I have no problem what so ever with the fact the pilot acted the way he did. Missing from all this banter is any evidence of the pilots statements to the FAA.

pcbm

Sat May 07, 2011 8:57 pm

"pilot was refusing to accept them because some other passengers could be uncomfortable"

This has nothing to do with safety -- this has to do with bigotted arrogance.

Ralphski

Sat May 07, 2011 8:57 pm

How about all those who are afraid of terrorism to such an extent stay home and let the other folks fly in peace.

It's becoming apparent that Osama bin Laden was successful beyond his wildest dreams. The devil died happy.

jpetekyxmd80

Sat May 07, 2011 9:00 pm

Quoting davs5032 (Reply 21):

Couldn't agree more. It's frustrating that some insist on protecting people's feelings from being hurt, to the extent that it undermines efforts to protect human life from being jeopardized.

Bullshit. Every possible security inspection, measure, and precaution was taken to ensure the safety of the passengers, even screened twice more than the average passenger. It has nothing to do with any threat or suspicion they posed, as evidenced by their repeated clearance of multiple security measures, and their later flight to CLT without incident. It has everything to do with a paranoid pilot on an ego-trip going against the wishes of everyone at Delta, TSA, etc just because he feels like carrying Muslims aboard his aircraft needn't be part of his job. Not someone who should be a commercial airline pilot.
The Best Care in the Air, 1984-2009

c5load

Sat May 07, 2011 9:12 pm

Quoting Braniff727Ultra (Reply 22):
I have no problem what so ever with the fact the pilot acted the way he did. Missing from all this banter is any evidence of the pilots statements to the FAA.

Agreed.   

Quoting pcbm (Reply 23):
"pilot was refusing to accept them because some other passengers could be uncomfortable"

Were these the words directly from the pilot's mouth, or simply hearsay from other folks?
"But this airplane has 4 engines, it's an entirely different kind of flying! Altogether"

Braniff727Ultra

Sat May 07, 2011 9:18 pm

Quoting jpetekyxmd80 (Reply 25):
Bullshit. Every possible security inspection, measure, and precaution was taken to ensure the safety of the passengers, even screened twice more than the average passenger. It has nothing to do with any threat or suspicion they posed, as evidenced by their repeated clearance of multiple security measures, and their later flight to CLT without incident. It has everything to do with a paranoid pilot on an ego-trip going against the wishes of everyone at Delta, TSA, etc just because he feels like carrying Muslims aboard his aircraft needn't be part of his job. Not someone who should be a commercial airline pilot.

Sorry but I can't agree with you. Yes, they flew on another flight with no issues; good. How do we know my scenario wasn't about too play out? Hopefully we never will.

I'm done with this namby pamby bull some of y'all insist upon here. Sadly this does not reflect well upon the supposed intellect of "Some; not all, but some" here at the net.

Mul77W

Sat May 07, 2011 9:30 pm

Surely the risk level of these men would be no different on their "second" flight out than their first? On that basis, surely these men should be on no fly lists? Where does one draw the line here if they had successfully cleared security and were even subjected to additional screening?

I can appreciate that we don't know the full story; this is of course the reason why this thread will open a great can of worms (or rather speculation). What exactly do you think these men might have done to be rightfully ejected from this flight?

pcbm

Sat May 07, 2011 9:30 pm

- They went through security and secondary prior to boarding
- They were rechecked after being taken off the flight
- Delta officials talked with the pilot for more than a half-hour, but he still refused

This has NOTHING to do with safety concerns, Everything to do with bigotted arrogance.

Flighty

Sat May 07, 2011 9:31 pm

Did you miss the part where they passed the secondary TSA screening and were cleared for flight....

I suppose you also are afraid of Americans with dark skin, because they homicide rate is several times higher than others? Do they have a right to go through their lives and enjoy services, or not?

jgw787

Sat May 07, 2011 9:38 pm

Quoting vfw614 (Reply 13):

It's probably true for every hijacker. It's not like a hijacker is gunna wear a shirt that says "I'm a hijacker"

Mul77W

Sat May 07, 2011 9:40 pm

Its a shame that we're unlikely to know the specifics of the story. I would personally rather assume that there were other motivators behind their removal; namely undermining staff or being abusive to other passengers. Otherwise, it seems like a rather pathetic story.

Not sure I'd be feeling particularly great about myself if I were asked to stand up before 100 passengers, remove my bags from the overhead bins and leave.

jpetekyxmd80

Sat May 07, 2011 9:40 pm

Quoting Braniff727Ultra (Reply 27):

Sorry but I can't agree with you. Yes, they flew on another flight with no issues; good. How do we know my scenario wasn't about too play out? Hopefully we never will.

So you agree with a pilot refusing to carry a Muslim for no other reason than being a Muslim? What if all pilots were to do this? If someone refuses to transport a certain segment of the population, despite every verification of their security possible, that is doing their job?

What do you do if you see a suspected Muslim on one of your flights?

This guy better plan on staying on ASA flying CRJs throughout the south, where this may be a rarity for him. God help him if he starts flying international some day. He'll have a coronary from looking at the passenger manifest.

Sadly this does not reflect well upon the supposed intellect of "Some; not all, but some" here at the net.

Not sure exactly what you are getting at here, but thank you for your noble attitudes for supporting discrimination on basis of religion and apparent policy of running to hide under the covers crying for Mama if you happen to spot a Muslim. Interesting that you introduced the term "namby pamby bull'. This whole story can be simplified as a giant " WAAh, i don't want to do my job. I think i speak for most Americans when I find this whole episode and attitude completely embarrassing. Unfortunately, this is what will make the news, and not the tons of Muslims flying around each day without all this drama.

How do we know my scenario wasn't about too play out?

The brain, you'll find it located above the neck.
The Best Care in the Air, 1984-2009

MeCe

Sat May 07, 2011 9:55 pm

Maybe be all Americans in muslim planes should be additional screened and sometimes dumped from plane. Than we can discuss topic again and see how the people reacts especially supporting this kind of paranoic behaviours  

mm320cap

Sat May 07, 2011 9:56 pm

You people are amazing. You hear a statement in the media, directed by a lawyer who is interested in filing a suit, and you think you have all the answers.

Do you know anything about this incident from the crew's perspective?

Why did the plane initially taxi and then return to the gate? Do you think the Captain all of a sudden decided he hated Muslims as he crossed taxiway alpha?

You folks here who make definitive statements about what should happen based on a media driven lawyers story should really excuse yourself permanently from jury duty.

When you know ALL the facts, feel free to have an opinion.

Airport

Sat May 07, 2011 9:59 pm

Quoting Braniff727Ultra (Reply 22):
No, just realistic to this time we are in.

Actually, you're not being realistic by any stretch of the imagination.

Millions of Muslims fly dressed in Islamic garments with no ill intentions every year. Millions. Throwing one of them off because he had brown skin and was dressed in different clothing is nothing but bigotry and intolerance. It's one thing if the Muslims in question were breaking rules, but from everything we know, they were not.

Here's an idea. Why don't we start throwing white people off the airplane? With over 100,000 sex-offenders currently missing in the US (and since the majority of them are white people), any white person might look at the child sitting next to them as their next prey. Sure, only a fraction of a percentage of white people are child molesters, and in-flight molestations and kidnappings are exceedingly rare, but they've happened a lot more than there've been US airline hijackings, and you just never know.

And not only that, but white people have hijacked planes before. Throw 'em all off, I say.

Cheers,
Anthony/Airport

737-990

Sat May 07, 2011 10:00 pm

I had a Sikh passenger on a flight once, another person came up and asked if we were going to let that person fly? I said yes, is there a reason he shouldn't? She told me she didn't feel it was right I should let a person dressed in Muslim garb travel. I could have tried to explain the difference between a Sikh and a Muslim but I'd have more luck talking to the wall. I told the lady that if she didn't feel comfortable flying I would gladly refund her ticket or rebook her on the next flight. Of course she refused - she was scared enough for me to deny travel to someone else but not enough for her not to miss her flight.

This is how this situation should have been handled. If anyone had concerns about these men flying then they could have been offered to take the next flight.
Happiest is a man who has his vocation as a hobby

Braniff727Ultra

Sat May 07, 2011 10:03 pm

Quoting jpetekyxmd80 (Reply 33):
What do you do if you see a suspected Muslim on one of your flights?

I am very vigilent on all flights of ANYONE (i.e. muslim or non-muslim) who is doing anything that is out of the norm/not allowed. (i.e. standing next to a cabin door for more than a minute or so etc....) so get off your holier than thou thrown! Typical of the (not top, bottom or right) crowd to throw stones while cryin when their feelings are hurt.

Quoting jpetekyxmd80 (Reply 33):
The brain, you'll find it located above the neck.

Glad to read you know this, how 'bout provin it to the rest of us that you have yours there and not in a bodily cavity right now.

Mortyman

Sat May 07, 2011 10:06 pm

Quoting jpetekyxmd80 (Reply 25):
Quoting mm320cap (Reply 35):
You people are amazing. You hear a statement in the media, directed by a lawyer who is interested in filing a suit, and you think you have all the answers.

Nonsence !

The two in question was taken off the flight and checked. They had nothing dangerous on them. That should have been the end of it and they should have been allowed onboard the flight again with an apology. The airport staff tried to get them back on the flight, but the captain still refused !

http://www.dagbladet.no/2011/05/07/n...riks/usa/muslimer/imamer/16454175/

prosa

Sat May 07, 2011 10:07 pm

Why did the plane initially taxi and then return to the gate? Do you think the Captain all of a sudden decided he hated Muslims as he crossed taxiway alpha?

It certainly would sound as if one of the FA's must have contacted the captain on the intercom and said something that made the captain decide to return to the gate. The question is whether this involved the passengers' appearance, or something they said or did.
"Let me think about it" = the coward's way of saying "no"

aa757first

Sat May 07, 2011 10:10 pm

Did you read the article? It happened yesterday. There are no attorneys involved. Plus this an Internet forum, not a courtroom. This whole site is based on speculation.

Quoting 737-990 (Reply 37):
I told the lady that if she didn't feel comfortable flying I would gladly refund her ticket or rebook her on the next flight. Of course she refused - she was scared enough for me to deny travel to someone else but not enough for her not to miss her flight.

That's actually pretty generous of you.

Quoting Braniff727Ultra (Reply 38):
I am very vigilent on all flights of ANYONE (i.e. muslim or non-muslim) who is doing anything that is out of the norm/not allowed. (i.e. standing next to a cabin door for more than a minute or so etc....) so get off your holier than thou thrown!

Glad to hear your paranoia extends to everyone. Take a Valium next time you fly.

777STL

Sat May 07, 2011 10:10 pm

And I wholeheartedly agree.

Racial profiling is one of the most effective ways to fight terrorism. Israel has it down to a science and we should practice it more here in the United States, however we're too damn worried about being PC. I don't really care if a few people get their feelings hurt in the process.

I don't see Asian Buddhists or Anglo-Saxon Catholics continually trying to attack the US, do you? But let's recap recent terror plots here in the US and the religion/ethnicity associated.

Feizel "Fizzle" Shazad - Muslim - attempted to blow up a car bomb in Times Square. May 2010.

Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab - Muslim - alternatively known as the panty bomber, attempted to blow up a Northwest A330 on final approach to DET. December 2009.

Nidal Hassan - Muslim - went on a shooting rampage at Fort Hood, Texas and killed 13 before being taken down - November 2009.

Talib Islam - Muslim - attempted to blow up a truck at a federal building in Springfield, IL. Luckily, the FBI was on to him and the explosives that were given to him were fake. September 2009.

Mohamed Mohamud - Muslim - attempted to blow up a x-mas tree lighting ceremony in Portland, OR where he "wanted to kill as many women and children as possible". November 2010.

See a common trend here? Now, before some one accuses me of being a racist or a bigot, these are the facts folks. These are just he recent events and don't include older plots including the 2006 liquid bomb plot and Richard Reid's failed attempt to blow up an AA 767.

I'd rather be safe than worry about offending someone's delicate sensitivities.

I can't wait for someone to retort with Timothy McVeigh. Please. Not all Muslims are terrorists, but almost all terrorists attempting to attack the US are Muslim. Racial profiling is a necessity, but instead, we're too busy molesting six year olds and octogenarians in the name of "safety".
PHX based

NIKV69

Sat May 07, 2011 10:27 pm

Quoting aa757first (Reply 41):
This whole site is based on speculation.

Don't forget race baiting..

I would bet a passenger or two is involved in this. Why would he taxi out and return? As someone has suggested better to wait for all the facts but if the captain did this on his own without good reason he will have to retain good counsel.
I am the Googlizer!!!

NZ767

Sat May 07, 2011 10:35 pm

I am very vigilent on all flights of ANYONE (i.e. muslim or non-muslim) who is doing anything that is out of the norm/not allowed. (i.e. standing next to a cabin door for more than a minute or so etc....) so get off your holier than thou thrown!

Gosh I feel sorry for you having to live your life in such fear.

Do you know anything about this incident from the crew's perspective?

No we don't but they're welcome to tell us their side if they wish.

You folks here who make definitive statements about what should happen based on a media driven lawyers story should really excuse yourself permanently from jury duty.

Sorry, I missed the part where it says the story was written by a lawyer.

When you know ALL the facts, feel free to have an opinion.

So nobody has ANY right to comment on ANY story beacuse they wouldn't have all the facts?

I notice other people had to deal with these two passengers rather then the pilots themselves. If I was his boss I would've said to them, "you want them off, then you get out there and tell them". Too often the poor old cabin crew is left to do the dirty work because some prima donna sitting behind his cockpit door makes a bad call. Sure, they can put someone off an aircraft for "any" reason, but with that comes the responsibility to justify their decision.

DocLightning

Sat May 07, 2011 10:44 pm

People, need I remind y'all that the war on terror still wages

a war on basic rights, decency, and freedom.

The war on terror is a farce. If these men went through secondary screening, how are they going to crash the plane?

And do you actually believe that a terrorist would so stupid as to board an aircraft wearing traditional Muslim garb?

Quoting 777STL (Reply 42):

Racial profiling is one of the most effective ways to fight terrorism. Israel has it down to a science and we should practice it more here in the United States,

Israel does NOT use racial profiling. Israel uses BEHAVIORAL profiling. They don't care what race you are. Racial profiling is easily circumvented by simply recruiting terrorists of a different race. I will point out that Richard Reid was quite White. So was Timothy McVeigh. And the Unabomber, and the Atlanta Olympic bomber.
-Doc Lightning-

"The sky calls to us. If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars."
-Carl Sagan

Springbok747

Sun May 08, 2011 12:04 am

That's why we go through high levels of SECURITY, almost getting stripped searched, before getting anywhere near an aircraft. These people were security cleared, there was no reason for them to be removed from the aircraft.

Racial profiling i

When did Islam become a "race"?   
אני תומך בישראל

Sun May 08, 2011 1:02 am

How is the Delta (ASA) pilot refusing to fly Muslims any different than the Muslim taxi cab drivers in MSP and MEL refusing to drive passengers with alcohol or seeing eye dogs?

NZ767

Sun May 08, 2011 1:03 am

however we're too damn worried about being PC

This has nothing to do with PC. Has more to do with simple respect for those around you. Quite basic really.

Racial profiling is one of the most effective ways to fight terrorism. Israel has it down to a science and we should practice it more here in the United States,

Religion, not race.
I'm trying to find a story on the net where a British Airways pilot had two Irishmen removed from a flight when the IRA was at its height, simply because of their race.   

andz

Sun May 08, 2011 8:33 am

Quoting 737-990 (Reply 37):
I had a Sikh passenger on a flight once, another person came up and asked if we were going to let that person fly? I said yes, is there a reason he shouldn't? She told me she didn't feel it was right I should let a person dressed in Muslim garb travel. I could have tried to explain the difference between a Sikh and a Muslim but I'd have more luck talking to the wall. I told the lady that if she didn't feel comfortable flying I would gladly refund her ticket or rebook her on the next flight. Of course she refused - she was scared enough for me to deny travel to someone else but not enough for her not to miss her flight.

This is how this situation should have been handled. If anyone had concerns about these men flying then they could have been offered to take the next flight.

This is one of the few sensible and rational posts in this thread.

I am very vigilent on all flights of ANYONE (i.e. muslim or non-muslim) who is doing anything that is out of the norm/not allowed. (i.e. standing next to a cabin door for more than a minute or so etc....) so get off your holier than thou thrown! Typical of the (not top, bottom or right) crowd to throw stones while cryin when their feelings are hurt.

I wonder how you and people like you will react if you fly in other parts of the world? People congregate all over the plane, walk around, talk to the FAs in the front galley (yes, right at the holy cockpit door!) and nothing untoward happens.
After Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says WTF...