Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Dreadnought
Topic Author

A Wonderful Advancement Of Women's Rights

Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:35 pm

http://www.kuwaittimes.net/read_news.php?newsid=NzQ3NzY0MzE%3D

Quote:
Female activist calls for legalizing sex slavery

She suggested that special offices could be set up to provide concubines in the same way as domestic staff recruitment agencies currently provide housemaids.

We want our youth to be protected from adultery," said Al-Mutairi, suggesting that these maids could be brought as prisoners of war in war-stricken nations like Chechnya to be sold on later to devout merchants.

Democrats haven't been this angry since we took away their slaves.

Aaron747

RE: A Wonderful Advancement Of Women's Rights

Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:53 pm

A simpler solution would simply be to accept that a significant majority of men are sexually unfulfilled and drop the cultural barriers that force them to suppress otherwise natural libidinous inclinations. As long as people are honest about this stuff, there's much less room for issue.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty

Dreadnought
Topic Author

Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:30 pm

Quoting Aaron747 (Reply 1):
A simpler solution would simply be to accept that a significant majority of men are sexually unfulfilled and drop the cultural barriers that force them to suppress otherwise natural libidinous inclinations.

You miss the point.

Basically we are talking about a culture that believes:

1) Adultery - i.e. consentual sex outside marriage = Bad

2) Sex with a slave - i.e. a woman bound to you and under your full control whether she wants to or not, i.e. rape = OK

PanHAM

Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:30 pm

I had to read this twice and then a third time to see if that is really seriously meant.

That lady in Kuwait should be teached a basic lesson on human rights. If she quotes Haroun Al-Rashid, then that seems to be the century she is living in.

Disgusting.
Was Erlauben Erdogan!!!

Aaron747

Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:33 pm

Quoting Dreadnought (Reply 2):
Basically we are talking about a culture that believes:

Making a larger point was actually my intention, as I believe the above is already quite clear. This is also a culture that thinks their "good life" in Dubai, et al built on the backs of indentured servitude is worthy of respect.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty

elmothehobo

Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:09 am

It sounds like is trying to win over married male Kuwaiti voters. It's pretty smart, if not awkward way of going about things.

Superfly

Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:37 am

Never understood why Western feminist ignore the rape & brutality of women in the Middle-East yet were so quick to rake Bob Barker across the coals for getting a little grab-a$$.
I just don't get it.
Bring back the Concorde

Dreadnought
Topic Author

Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:35 am

Quoting Superfly (Reply 7):
Never understood why Western feminist ignore the rape & brutality of women in the Middle-East yet were so quick to rake Bob Barker across the coals for getting a little grab-a$$.

Easy. If you say that rape and brutality is an integral part of a religion, then it's all peachy.

Superfly

Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:24 pm

Quoting Dreadnought (Reply 8):
Easy. If you say that rape and brutality is an integral part of a religion, then it's all peachy.

Got it.
Bring back the Concorde

seb146

Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:48 pm

Quoting Superfly (Reply 7):

Because when people put rape and brutality in the context of religion and then say "if you are an open minded America, you will accept this" what can feminists do? They are still against exploitation of women everywhere, but they are made to look like the bad guys when they speak out against religion.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!

Superfly

Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:03 pm

Quoting seb146 (Reply 10):
Because when people put rape and brutality in the context of religion and then say "if you are an open minded America, you will accept this" what can feminists do? They are still against exploitation of women everywhere, but they are made to look like the bad guys when they speak out against religion.

Seems like the focus of a lot of feminist is just ordinary guys that would never harm, hit, rape or kill a woman. Getting guys fired just because he may have said something that she perceived as sexist or something similar.
I haven't seen the feminist condemning any of the honor killings in the US, Canada or Europe nor do I hear about them condemning the mistreatment of women throughout the Middle-East.
Gloria Allred and a host of other feminist were quick to demand Bob Barker's head but didn't say a word about the honor killings of women in Phoenix, Atlanta, Buffalo and Toronto.
I understand that their power to do anything is severely limited in the Middle-East but in North America and Europe, they can make an impact. Instead they just look the other way.
Bring back the Concorde

PanHAM

Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:38 pm

Just an example from Germany - an 11 year old girl was force married to a 21 year old guy. They did not have sex on their wedding night, credits to the guy actually. But the family insisted. Married or not - having sex with an 11 year old is rape. Period. Actually, that marriage was non existant since it was illegal. So it is rape, child molesting and what ever else.

Like with "honor" killings, the justice system reacts too soft. Father, mother and son were sentenced each to less than 2 years, which is always on probation, they did not even have to serve time.

That child will suffer for the rest of her life.
Was Erlauben Erdogan!!!

DeltaMD90

Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:44 pm

Quoting PanHAM (Reply 11):

What?

ajd1992

Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:19 pm

Quoting DeltaMD90 (Reply 12):
What?

I will second that...

Who performed the marriage? Was he/she not found guilty in all of that?

PanHAM

Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:39 pm

The parents of the couple arranged the "marriage" and the parents of the young man forced him to rape the girl. Got something to do with family honor.

Unfortunately, our justice system is lenient to such "religious" or ethnic "custom". IMHO, rape is rape and they should have been put away 5 to 10 years.
Was Erlauben Erdogan!!!

Dreadnought
Topic Author

Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:10 am

Some more quotes from the same Kuwaiti politician who checked with Islamic scholars then issued a call for enslaving girls and women from prisoners of war for the purpose of being sex slaves, which gives a little more flavor.

Quote:
For example, in the Chechnyan war, surely there are female Russian captives,’ she said.

‘So go and buy those and sell them here in Kuwait. Better than to have our men engage in forbidden sexual relations.’

She insisted, ‘I don’t see any problem in this, no problem at all’.

Mutairi claimed: ‘There was no shame in it and it is not haram’ (forbidden) under Islamic Sharia law.’

Mutairi said that during a recent visit to Mecca, she asked Saudi muftis – Muslim religious scholars – what the Islamic ruling was on owning sex slaves. They are said to have told her that it is not haram.

‘The context must be that of a Muslim nation conquering a non-Muslim nation, so these jawari (sex slaves) have to be prisoners of war.’ (Saudi mufti)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...litician-Kuwait.html#ixzz1OiUk1ySC

And the scary thing is - she's right. What she is proposing is absolutely kosher in Islam.

Superfly

Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:05 am

Quoting PanHAM (Reply 11):
Just an example from Germany - an 11 year old girl was force married to a 21 year old guy. They did not have sex on their wedding night, credits to the guy actually. But the family insisted. Married or not - having sex with an 11 year old is rape. Period. Actually, that marriage was non existant since it was illegal. So it is rape, child molesting and what ever else.

Like with "honor" killings, the justice system reacts too soft. Father, mother and son were sentenced each to less than 2 years, which is always on probation, they did not even have to serve time.

That child will suffer for the rest of her life.

Where there any protest from feminist groups?
Bring back the Concorde

kevi747

Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:15 am

Nice freaking culture. I am not religious at all. Or "spiritual" (I HATE that cop-out) I'm a full fledged atheist. So anything religious seems silly to me. But this, if true, it is beyond ridiculous.
"Reality has a well-known liberal bias." --Stephen Colbert

oly720man

Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:46 pm

Quoting Dreadnought (Reply 15):
absolutely kosher in Islam

Well halal perhaps.
wheat and dairy can screw up your brain