Moderators: richierich, ua900, hOMSaR

Virginblue4
Topic Author

Just Had My IPhone 4 Replaced!

Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:04 pm

I few months ago a bought a black bumper for my iPhone 4. I recently took it off to find scuff marks all over the metal band, which of course I was not happy with. I found many people on the internet with the same problem.

I took it in to my local apple shop, and booked an appointment for the genius bar. I went back in 40 minutes, and they greeted me by name, and I went and sat straight down. He looked at my phone, apologised and then offered me a brand new replacement phone. I accepted and had left the store within 10 minutes of walking in.

I would just like to say what a great company Apple are, and what great customer service skills they have!

Jordan  
712 738 744 752 762 763 764 320 321 332 F70 Q400
BE BY DL MT PC V7 VS WA ZB 6Y

tcasalert

RE: Just Had My IPhone 4 Replaced!

Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:25 pm

Just make sure you read the terms and conditions properly - wouldn't want you to become their latest "Human CentiPad" victim.....

Next flight: Feb 2012 - BHX-CPH-BHX - SK MD87 / CRJ900

Brendan03

RE: Just Had My IPhone 4 Replaced!

Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:33 pm

Quite a few months ago, I was walking out of my local train station and someone walked into me and got caught in my headphone cable, which pulled the iPhone out of my iPad bag and flung the phone across the station ramp, causing the front screen to crack quite severly. I raced home and spent a few hours chasing up my Service Provider, The service providers store where I signed the contract and got the phone and a local store which is franchised out (but the same service provider) who told me to come in, then as soon as I came in, They told me they couldn't fix it.

Anyway, After a few hours fussing around, I gave up then the following day I called Apple and they organized an appointment for 2 hours from the phone call, on the other side of town. I rushed across town and made a new personal best for me getting across the city on Public Transport. I walked into the store and was told they'd be with me in twenty minutes and to have a look around at some stores in the shopping complex, so I did and then came back.
I had a young girl approach me and had a look at the phone and told me she'd have to replace it.

Ten minutes later, I had been given a replacement handset. After me politely expressing my disappointment in having broken my phone and having to spend $250 for it, She smiled and told me that this would be done for free and said "Go spend your money elsewhere..."

... So I spent $45 on a new case at the store.

The whole situation was very easy to deal with and the staff were fantastic.

My friend just shakes his head at me, who's had iPhone's since they came out in Australia, saying "How have you had more iPhones than I have and you've only been using them since August last year?"
Coolier than thou.