B742
Topic Author

Your NFL Team?

Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:43 pm

Just a quick one to pass the time...

Which NFL team do you follow and why?

Mine would be..

Indianapolis Colts

Purely because my family lived in Baltimore so watched the Colts when they were at Memorial Stadium in Baltimore.

Bad result @ Texans today however. Not good to see that Manning may be out for the season either.

Rob!   

texan

RE: Your NFL Team?

Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:48 pm

America's Team, the one, the only Dallas Cowboys. As a Dallasite I was never really given much of a choice!

Texan
"I have always imagined that Paradise will be a kind of library."

NWADC9

Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:08 pm

I get paid to convert dead dino juice into noise.

PSA53

Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:07 am

My Chargers gave a scare in the first half.The Vikings took the opening kickoff back for a touchdown which I wonder if the SAN fixed they're special teams problem from last year.And Nate Kaeding,the field goal kicker,got hurt and was out for the game.Then the Chargers defense could not stop Minnesota's running game.

Then Rivers and the offense came out in the second half and small balled the Viks to death.It worked and SAN regrouped,on both sides of the ball,and took over the game and won,24-17.McNabb didn't even pass over 100 yds.

So,hopefully we'll have a fast start this season and control our division
Tuesday's Off! Do not disturb.

KBUF

Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:54 am

The team that destroyed Kansas City 41-7 today. 

futureualpilot

Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:15 am

Have to 2nd the Chargers. Born and raised in San Diego. I was worried at first, but I'm impressed with Scifres and his field goal kicking. Glad they regrouped and came back in the second half.
Life is better when you surf.

JakeOrion

Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:25 am

San Diego here as well.

Hey Charger fans, meet up for the England game next week?
Every problem has a simple solution; finding the simple solution is the difficult problem.

dragon-wings

Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:27 am

I am a fan of the NY Giants. I have been a fan since the days of fuys like Phill Simms, LT, Carl Banks, Mark Bavaro, and Joe Morris.

I have a feeling this will be a long season for the Giants. They lost a lot to free agency this year plus a lot of guys are hurt already.
Don't give up don't ever give up - Jim Valvano

Silver1SWA

Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:38 am

My team is the 49ers. I grew up in the Bay Area and my Dad is a long time season ticket holder so I'm a fan by default.

I now live in San Diego and I HATE the Chargers!! For no reason other than I enjoy watching their (fair-weather) fans get worked up every year.   
ALL views, opinions expressed are mine ONLY and are NOT representative of those shared by Southwest Airlines Co.

JBirdAV8r

Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:38 am

Quoting B742 (Thread starter):
Indianapolis Colts

Second that one. Peyton Manning is one of, IMHO, the few mega-athletes out there who sets a decent example. You never hear about his social life. He met his wife in college at UT and they've been happily married ever since.

My worst fears are being realized--that Peyton is pretty much the only thing the Colts really had to make them one of the best teams in the league. When Peyton suffers, the Colts suffer...and, well, that's surely the case now.

It's going to be a long season....but GO COLTS!
I got my head checked--by a jumbo jet

olba

Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:04 am

my team is also the 49ers. I wish they actually have a descent QB

WestJetForLife

Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:45 am

Quoting texan (Reply 1):
America's Team, the one, the only Dallas Cowboys.

Same here. Dallas plays well, but Romo never plays a consistent game some days. Ex: tonight's game against the Jets. He was good the first quarter, stunk the joint up for most of the second, hot for the third, then blew it and gave the game to New York in the fourth. Ironically, an ex-Cowboy, Nick Folk, kicked the winning field goal at The Meadowlands...

2010-2011 was a shitshow for the Cowboys after Romo got injured. At least they fired their idiot head coach Wade Phillips and replaced him with Jason Garrett after a disappointing 1-7 record.

Anyway, the reason I cheer for Dallas is because my first Superbowl I watched was in 1995 when Dallas kicked the Steelers 27-17. That, and the cheerleaders are the best in the west, if not the whole of the NFL.

Nik
I need a drink.

Cadet985

Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:52 am

My team is going to be the next Superbowl champion. The Philadelphia Eagles!

Marc

Mir

Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:35 am

Quoting texan (Reply 1):

Ah, that explains why the country is in such a crappy state.

My team is the New York Jets, who pulled off a big win against those same LOLboys in the Meadowlands tonight. It wasn't always pretty - the offensive line needs improvement to say the least - but they never gave up, made big plays when they needed to, and a win is a win (plus it's always sweeter when it comes against Dallas - enjoy your first loss when leading by 14 in the 4th, fellas).

When the Jets aren't involved, I'll pull for the Jaguars, and when neither the Jets nor Jaguars are involved, I'll pull for the Dolphins (this is a bit complicated, since the Dolphins are in the same division as the Jets, but it works out).

-Mir
7 billion, one nation, imagination...it's a beautiful day

ha763

Mon Sep 12, 2011 5:18 am

Quoting WestJetForLife (Reply 11):

Anyway, the reason I cheer for Dallas is because my first Superbowl I watched was in 1995 when Dallas kicked the Steelers 27-17.

You would have been watching my team, the San Francisco 49ers, smashing the San Diego Chargers in Super Bowl XXIX in 1995. Super Bowl XXX, Dallas vs. Pittsburgh, was in 1996.

I'm not getting my hopes up for the 49ers to do much this year again, even with the win against Seattle. We most likely will not be bad enough to participate in the "Andrew Luck Sweepstakes," but still have a losing record.

garnetpalmetto

Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:09 pm

These guys. Alas, they didn't do so well yesterday, but there's still a season ahead of them. Pick up the pieces and move on against the Seahawks next week.

South Carolina - too small to be its own country, too big to be a mental asylum.

Revelation

Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:50 pm

Indianapolis Colts
Quoting texan (Reply 1):
Quoting NWADC9 (Reply 2 (Steelers)):
Reply 2

Licking those wounds today, fellas?

Quoting dragon-wings (Reply 7):
I am a fan of the NY Giants. I have been a fan since the days of fuys like Phill Simms, LT, Carl Banks, Mark Bavaro, and Joe Morris.

Those were great teams, really fun to watch Parcells strutting up and down the sideline also.

Quoting dragon-wings (Reply 7):
I have a feeling this will be a long season for the Giants. They lost a lot to free agency this year plus a lot of guys are hurt already.

Which NFL team do you follow and why?

Here's my story.

Started watching NFL as a lad in the 70's in CT, in the no-mans land between NY and BOS. Never made a strong affiliation with a team. Liked the Vikes in the Tarkenton era, just was a shame watching the Steelers slaughter them year after year. Liked the Colts in the Bert Jones era (yes, that too dates me) because they had a good O and a good D and also because my dad's best friend lived in Baltimore and we went to visit them every sommer. Gave them up in an instant when they did the carpetbagger thing off to Cleveland.

Stopped watching football in the 80s, too busy chasing girls! I do remember watching the Pats get creamed by the 86 Bears in the Superbowl. It was such a damn blowout, I spent the second half in the bedroom with the then-current girlfriend! Consolation sex is wonderful sex!  

By the early 90s, I relocated to Southern NH and had caught a girl and wanted another outlet, so it was back to football for me! The Pats sucked back then but that's what folks watched, so I started watching a bit, but when Parcells came to town, I was hooked! The press conferences were just as interesting as the games, if not more, given how bad the Pats were back then! Watched them through the Parcells era, Carrol era (he can go f*** himself as far as I'm concerned!) and of course the Belichick era.

Loved watching the Pats/Colts back then because Payton is such a great player, and because they always had great talent around him, and because Belichick almost always found a way to beat them!  

Have been blessed to see both the Pats and the Sox win championships in recent years, not to mention the Celtics, Bruins and UConn (where I went to school) mens and woman's basketball.

So, in short, I'm a Pats fan!  
Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world
The heart has its beaches, its homeland and thoughts of its own
Wake now, discover that you are the song that the morning brings
The heart has its seasons, its evenings and songs of its own

Asturias

Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:04 pm

I've been a Packers fan since I started watching NFL back in 2002, and it wasn't because Green Bay was on fire that year - it was because watching Brett Favre play was like watching some other sport - in fact sometimes I'm not sure he was playing regular American football, he was just playing Favre-ball.

I think it made the older fans just crazy, as that old coot just wouldn't retire, but damn he made every game entertaining!!

So in short, Green Bay Packers fan here, the current Superbowl Champions!! 

I've got a lot of respect for the Steelers, Colts and Broncos - they have always been a respectable adversary.

Oh and it's funny to be a Cheesehead (not to mention that the Cheeseheads are champions!!)

asturias
Tonight we fly

Revelation

Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:16 pm

Quoting Asturias (Reply 17):
So in short, Green Bay Packers fan here, the current Superbowl Champions!!

They looked very good Thursday. They drafted well, and have almost everyone back, and Rodgers looked awesome.

apodino

Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:18 pm

Patriots all the way...since I was born and raised in BOS. Was a fan through the worst of times including the 1-15 season. Now look at us.

Starbuk7

Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:32 pm

Steelers, born and raised in J-town PA. Now I live in San Diego but will never leave my Steelers (even after the dismal 7 turnover performance of yesterday).

steeler83

Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:00 am

Quoting ha763 (Reply 14):
Super Bowl XXX, Dallas vs. Pittsburgh, was in 1996.

And it was one of the lamest Super Bowls ever. They didn't even try to win in that game. As a Steeler fan, I especially felt ripped off by my own team. I'm sure I can speak for the other NFL fans as well ouside of Dallas...

The most recent Super Bowl lacked quite a bit of luster as well. When you have a huge game that is so one-sided, it's really a bore. When it's your team on the losing end of a one-sided match, well then it drives you crazy...

Quoting garnetpalmetto (Reply 15):

Damn right!

I was born and raised a Pittsburgher, so I bleed black and gold. I also support the Philadelphia teams, but I am 150% pro-Pittsburgh here, yes even the hapless, uninspiring, underachieving Pirates... (I do like the Phillies more tho. They at least know how to build a better team instead of trading away your should-have-been core players!!!)

GO STEELERS!!!
Do not bring stranger girt into your room. The stranger girt is dangerous, it will hurt your life.

GSPFlyer

Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:00 am

The Panthers, minus Cam Newton. I have to pull for my local team, but I hate some of the decisions that management is making, which includes giving up on Clausen too early.

I also pull for the Steelers.

FingerLakerAv8r

Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:07 am

Who Dat? Who Dat?

I said.......

WHO DAT? WHO DAT SAY DAY GONNA BEAT DEM SAINTS? WHO DAT!

Geaux Saints!

****sidenote..... been a fan since I was born since my mother bleeds black and gold*****

san747

Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:52 am

Gotta continue to rep the Chargers! I've been a fan since I was a mere boy of six. My family moved to San Diego in 1994, the year the Chargers went to their only Super Bowl and I've been a loyal fan through some good and some (VERY) bad years ever since!

It's not always easy to be a Chargers fan, but I can't imagine rooting for any other team.

Quoting Silver1SWA (Reply 8):

I now live in San Diego and I HATE the Chargers!! For no reason other than I enjoy watching their (fair-weather) fans get worked up every year.

Who are you going to root for in the MLB playoffs, since it looks like the Giants shan't be repeating this year?  
Scotty doesn't know...

jcs17

Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:11 am

The New York Football Giants.

I'm not a huge NFL fan, but I've been a Giants fan since I bet my dad $1 on the Giants during the Bills v. Giants Super Bowl (he's a Jets fan) when I was a kid. I hate the Eagles naturally (Philly=Trash) and 'Skins (having to listen to pathetic Redskins talk on sports radio 7/365 for two years in DC drove me to hatred... yes, Washington, there are other sports than football). Now that I live in New York I'm pretty happy I can watch every Giants game without having to resort to internet techniques.

In terms of interest, I'm an Islanders/Yankees/Giants/Manchester City guy (being a die-hard Islander fan, there was no way I could support a team like United). Basketball sucks.
America's chickens are coming home to rooooost!

Silver1SWA

Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:11 am

Quoting san747 (Reply 24):
Who are you going to root for in the MLB playoffs, since it looks like the Giants shan't be repeating this year?  

Oh, you wanna play, huh? Well first of all, unlike your fellow Padres fans, I'm rooting for my Giants until the very end. I haven't given up yet.  

Who you rooting for?  

Oh and...who beat your precious Chargers in their one and only Super Bowl appearance that y'all are so proud of? Hmm?? 
ALL views, opinions expressed are mine ONLY and are NOT representative of those shared by Southwest Airlines Co.

san747

Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:10 am

Quoting Silver1SWA (Reply 26):

Oh, you wanna play, huh? Well first of all, unlike your fellow Padres fans, I'm rooting for my Giants until the very end. I haven't given up yet.

I'll always be a Padres fan, even through seasons like this one. At least you guys still have a little hope. Being 2nd is a lot better than being last...

Who you rooting for?

Milwaukee   (in the playoffs anyway)

Oh and...who beat your precious Chargers in their one and only Super Bowl appearance that y'all are so proud of? Hmm??

Yeah yeah...we have to take solace in the fact that we got a QB who will eventually take us to another one. Until then, we were the first team to make a 2-point conversion in the Super Bowl. So ha!  

(OK, I admit that's pretty lame haha)
Scotty doesn't know...

EDICHC

Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:51 am

Been a Dolphins fan ever since regular broadcasts of NFL games started in the UK back in 83. First match I ever saw was Super Bowl XVII. Although the Dolphins lost my abiding memory is of Fulton Walkers 98 TD return.

Things ain't been the same since they left the Orange Bowl   
A300/319/320/346 ATR72 B722/732/3/4/5/6/8/742/4/752/762/3/772/3 BAC111 BAe146 C172 DHC1/6/8 HS121 MD80 PA28

PIA777

Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:39 am

DAAAAAAA BEARS!!!

PIA777
GO CUBS!!

falstaff

Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:52 pm

The Detroit Lions won on Sunday. I haven't typed that in a while. I usually have to report a loss of these threads.
My mug slaketh over on Falstaff N503

Revelation

Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:36 pm

Quoting FingerLakerAv8r (Reply 23):
WHO DAT SAY DAY GONNA BEAT DEM SAINTS?

I think it was Green Bay making the statement on Thursday.

Quoting steeler83 (Reply 21):
I bleed black and gold.
my mother bleeds black and gold

I'm with the Saints fan here: The Saints wear gold, the Steelers wear yellow!

BRJ

Tue Sep 13, 2011 6:48 pm

Who Dat? Who Dat?

I said.......

WHO DAT? WHO DAT SAY DAY GONNA BEAT DEM SAINTS? WHO DAT!

Geaux Saints!

****sidenote..... been a fan since I was born since my mother bleeds black and gold*****

Fellow fan here living in the land of Dirty Birds!

WestJetForLife

Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:10 pm

Quoting ha763 (Reply 14):
Dallas vs. Pittsburgh, was in 1996.

For some odd reason, I thought it was 1995. Then again, this was 16 years ago, and my memory's so bad, I can't for the life of me remember where the TV remote is, let alone what happened 16 years ago. Yay me.

Anyway, GO DALLAS!

Nik
I need a drink.

texan

Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:01 pm

Quoting Revelation (Reply 16):
Licking those wounds today, fellas?

Nah, while I am a Cowboys fan I'm realistic about Romo. And our defense. Plus I'm a baseball fan first, so I won't really care about the NFL season until the Rangers season is over  

Texan
"I have always imagined that Paradise will be a kind of library."

steeler83

Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:08 pm

Quoting WestJetForLife (Reply 33):
For some odd reason, I thought it was 1995. Then again, this was 16 years ago, and my memory's so bad, I can't for the life of me remember where the TV remote is, let alone what happened 16 years ago. Yay me.

It was after the 1995 season, which of course meant the Super Bowl took place in late January of 1996. I know, it's quite hard for me to tell which Super Bowls were played at which point in time given that each season ends late December and the playoffs are in January of the following year...

Sorry mate, but the Cowboys rank right up there among teams I will never root for. Added to that list are the Raiders, Browns (as a born-and-raised Pittsburgher, I have been raised to detest these franchises), and Patriots (I cannot stand Brady or Belichik) for the NFL. I can't stand the Ravens (former Browns franchise), but they do have a very respectable devense and I have to give credit where it is due. Between the Steelers and the Ravens, they seem to be the ones who are more likely to make Brady's day miserable...
Do not bring stranger girt into your room. The stranger girt is dangerous, it will hurt your life.

WestJetForLife

Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:22 pm

Quoting steeler83 (Reply 35):

Hey, it's all good. Dallas is my team, Pittsburgh is yours. Long as you don't diss the CFL, we're good.

Nik
I need a drink.

ha763

Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:41 am

Quoting WestJetForLife (Reply 33):

Anyway, GO DALLAS!

I just had to correct you since Super Bowl XXIX was the last time my 49ers won the Super Bowl. Plus, Dallas is the one team I almost always root against due to their role as a major nemesis to my team through out the years. The only exception is the Super Bowl, where I tend to support NFC teams.

Quoting WestJetForLife (Reply 36):
Long as you don't diss the CFL, we're good.

I wish we could get some CFL games here in Hawaii.

seb146

Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:48 am

I follow that team with the guys who wear the tight pants   I actually don't care much for football which is why my favorite team is Tampa. I know I will never see them play either of the Bay Area teams nor will they be in the Super Bowl again, so I have nothing to get upset about. See how low expectations can be good?
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!

runner13

Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:42 am

I'm a Titans fan. I was born in Arlington Tx, but my family was always about baseball and not football, so I never have been Cowboys fan. I grew up in Nashville, and was never a big fan of football until I met my wife. Her family has season tickets and got more into it then. Now I love it and get almost as psycho about the Titans as I do for the Rangers. We sucked this past weekend, the penalties, the missed tackles, I mean it was horrible. But this season is a frest start for the TItans, new coaching staff, I really like Hasselbeck, and think he will be a great mentor for Locker who has looked great in preseason, and I'm finally hoping we have a franchise QB with him. I would be happy with an 8-8 season. Here in TN we have a lot of Colts fans just because of Peyton. I think he is one of the greatest QB's to play the game and will defianetly be in the hall of fame, but those people just piss me off. As for the Cowboys, I have started to really hate them over the past couple of years, why? Because all the analysts always put them up on a pedastel just like they do with Notre Dame, it just pisses me off. It was great watching the Steelers get their asses kicked this weekend. But you can't say anything to a steelers fan because their only comeback is this.

Quoting garnetpalmetto (Reply 15):
These guys. Alas, they didn't do so well yesterday, but there's still a season ahead of them. Pick up the pieces and move on against the Seahawks next week.

You do seem to be the most humble Steelers fan I have ever seen though. But for now it's still baseball and every game for my beloved Rangers are must wins. Go Rangers and whoever is playing the Angels.

steeler83

Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:44 pm

Quoting WestJetForLife (Reply 36):
Hey, it's all good. Dallas is my team, Pittsburgh is yours. Long as you don't diss the CFL, we're good.

Haha. I really don't follow much of the Canadian Football League, but every now and then when they return kicks some 110 yards for TDs, yeah I get a kick out of seeing that. Of course, who doesn't???

Quoting runner13 (Reply 39):
It was great watching the Steelers get their asses kicked this weekend. But you can't say anything to a steelers fan because their only comeback is this.

You know, sometimes I get a little pissed that I am a Steelers fan, mainly because of low-life d-bags who have to resort to utter stupidity to prove their team to be superior. I do my best to not go that route.

This past weekend I was down at Ocean City MD, and my wife and I were at a Japanese steak house for dinner. Naturally, I was the only Steelers fan at the table (my wife is neutral; not an NFL follower). Everyone else, you guessed it, rooted for the Ravens. They were all talking about the game; I overheard them, and so I actually engaged in their conversation. Of course, I sheepishly mentioned I was a Steelers fan. The one gentleman replied, "oh, you root for the Steelers? Why did they put you over here?" They were actually very nice people, very well mannered, and very humble. They said that the Steelers were still a very good team and that they should rebound next week.

The thing that pisses me off is that if you turn the tables, you'd have the (fellow) Steeler fans being obnoxious, especially when they lose -- especially when they lose. They'd say things like "You guys suck!" or make up some rediculous nickname. Um let's see, your (our) team lost to them, and they're the ones who suck. Of course, I've heard of worse -- I've heard of people getting shot at a bar just because they rooted for the other team. A while back, a Steelers fan ran over a Browns fan after a Browns-Steelers game at Heinz Field. People like this really make our franchise look stupid and very low-brow. I know I have resorted to such tactics in the past (minus the illegal/border-line criminal activity), and lately I have tried to take the high road.

I actually congratulated the Ravens fans for their massive thumping of my team; they deserved it. Plus, they're a hell of a team. They have a defense you really wish (and hope) you'll never have to face... I still hate 'em with a passion, but you have to respect a team like that for their toughness.

runner13

Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:17 am

Quoting steeler83 (Reply 40):
I actually congratulated the Ravens fans for their massive thumping of my team; they deserved it. Plus, they're a hell of a team. They have a defense you really wish (and hope) you'll never have to face... I still hate 'em with a passion, but you have to respect a team like that for their toughness.

Thank you for being a respectable fan. Yall are few and far betwee. I work with this guy who is a die hard Steelers fan, but has never been to a game. He runs his mouth so much about how much the Titans suck, but when you say one thing to him about the Steelers it's always "6 Super Bowls" Then he just gets pissed and doesn't talk to anyone. The few times I have almost gotten in fights at Titans games were with Steeler fans starting stuff, with me, my wife, or her Grandfather, which I think is very disrespectful. If it wasn't for her Grandfather, I probably would have gotten in fights but I respect him to much to do that in front of him. All fans are going to support their team, and talk trash about other teams, but Steeler fans take it to the extreme. Ravens fans are almost as bad too.

steeler83

Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:43 am

Quoting runner13 (Reply 41):
but Steeler fans take it to the extreme

I would have to agree. They're the ones who cause outsiders to associate the Steelers and the city of Pittsburgh with this whole redneck mantra, which I find offensive. Then again, I'm the classy type. Oh, and I forgot to mention that one of the people at my table was a young kid wearing an Ed Reed jersey. He was talking about how he's going to wear it at school. I told him I do the same thing when the Steelers win, but I of course sport Hines Ward's 86 jersey. We talked about the other jerseys he has and what the other members of his family has.

Oh, and some humor, I think it's his dad who bears the same name as the stand-out safety. I told him he and Ed Reed should be on the show, "Same Name."

You know (this is off-topic), I actually remember a time I was posting comments on a Foxsports.com message board about the Penguins/Flyers ECFS in 2008. It was the Flyers' first trip to the playoffs since laying a massive goose egg the previous season. Other people were posting how the Flyers suck, how they should never have gotten that far. Then I posted comments not just saying how great it was to see the Pens back in the Stanley Cup Finals, but I was also congratulating the Flyers for a hell of a season. Yes, they lost 4 games to 1 in the Eastern Conference Finals to the Pens. To come from a dead-last ranking in the standings the previous season to Eastern Conference Finals the next, that deserves a hell of a lot of respect.

You should've seen the comments the Flyers fans were giving me. Mind you, I had the same username for that forum as I do this one.  

Ok, pardon me for beating a dead horse here, but I'd also like to point out that I support the E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles, given they're from eastern PA, and well that's where I am living right now...

WestJetForLife

Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:54 am

Quoting steeler83 (Reply 40):
I really don't follow much of the Canadian Football League, but every now and then when they return kicks some 110 yards for TDs, yeah I get a kick out of seeing that. Of course, who doesn't???

That's what makes CFL awesome, dude. I love both NFL AND CFL equally.

Nik
I need a drink.

corocks

Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:53 am

Quoting JBirdAV8r (Reply 9):
When Peyton suffers, the Colts suffer...and, well, that's surely the case now.

It's going to be a long season....but GO COLTS!

But look at the bright side....if he is out the whole season it could put you in the Andrew Luck sweepstakes to get his successor....

Go Texans!

PC12Fan

Sat Sep 17, 2011 1:42 pm

Quoting EDICHC (Reply 28):
Been a Dolphins fan ever since regular broadcasts of NFL games started in the UK back in 83. First match I ever saw was Super Bowl XVII. Although the Dolphins lost my abiding memory is of Fulton Walkers 98 TD return.

Born and raised in south Florida so I know the feeling. Mine just happened last week. First and goal and the Fins get the door slammed in thier face, then the first play for the Pats was that 99 yarder. God that sucked.

Quoting EDICHC (Reply 28):
Things ain't been the same since they left the Orange Bowl

You're right. Got to go to a few games in the Bowl. Favorite one was when we ended the Bears undefeated streak in 85. That was a good night for the Dolphins.

I'm a Finatic through thick and thin though - GO PHINS!!
Just when I think you've said the stupidest thing ever, you keep talkin'!

N1120A

Sat Sep 17, 2011 3:33 pm

Two Words - Who. Dat.
Mangeons les French fries, mais surtout pratiquons avec fierte le French kiss

L-188

Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:22 pm

The Seattle Seahawks.

What can I say, after going through the Flores coaching era, it is hard to go against them.

That and they are often underestimated, such as when they kicked the Saints arse in the last season during the playoffs.
OBAMA-WORST PRESIDENT EVER....Even SKOORB would be better.

LGWflyer

Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:40 pm

New York Jets and Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Been to the US twice and fell in love with American Football. Got myself a Bucs jersey in Florida and then went to NYC last christmas and hoped over to New Jersey for the day to watch the NY Jets play the Buffalo Bills.

Go Jets! Go Bucs!
3 words... I Love Aviation!!!

AM744

Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:31 pm

Denver Broncos ever since a saw John Elway performing "The Drive" . Even then, as a 7 year old, I was mesmerized by the excitement. I like the city and fans too.