fxramper
Topic Author

Jennifer Lopez In Fiat Commercial.

Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:18 pm

I don't really care for the car but after seeing JLO in it, I'd probably own one. I did drive a Mini years a go...

http://youtu.be/X0IkmstjZes

Springbok747

RE: Jennifer Lopez In Fiat Commercial.

Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:29 pm

I wouldn't get the 500 convertible..the 500 Abarth is quite a car though. Drove one the other day..it is just awesome.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/e4/Fiat_500_Abarth_front.JPG

And yes..JLO is still smokin hot..even after all these years   
אני תומך בישראל

Fly2HMO

Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:42 pm

Meh never liked JLO and when I checked out the FIAT in person I was very disappointed with the build quality, I've never felt such a sloppy shifter in my life.

If I was in the market for an overpriced small girly car, I'd get the Mini S by a long shot.

WarRI1

Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:43 am

Quoting Fly2HMO (Reply 2):
Meh never liked JLO and when I checked out the FIAT in person I was very disappointed with the build quality, I've never felt such a sloppy shifter in my life.

If I was in the market for an overpriced small girly car, I'd get the Mini S by a long shot.

I looked at one today at the mall. 11% American and Canadian content. 59% Mexican content. Assembled in Mexico. Motor made in US. Transmission made in Japan. An Italian company, or it was, last I knew. Where the other 30 % comes from, who knows. That may explain the lack of quality, kind of like the Boeing 787. Too many hands in the pot. I think it was 22k on the sticker.
It is better to die on your feet, than live on your knees.

Polot

Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:04 am

Quoting WarRI1 (Reply 3):
An Italian company, or it was, last I knew. Where the other 30 % comes from, who knows. That may explain the lack of quality, kind of like the Boeing 787. Too many hands in the pot. I think it was 22k on the sticker.

Its an Italian car company, that explains their lack of quality. They are only good at making beautiful cars go fast, less so on reliability and durability.

modernArt

Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:13 am

An Italian car that hasn't touched Italian soil ain't Italian (in my book). Maybe that explains why they chose J Lo instead of a beautiful Italian like Violante Placido (of The American fame).

GuitrThree

Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:24 am

I think it was 22k on the sticker.

You can't be serious. Really? That explains why I've seen exactly one of these on the road. And keep in mind, I'm on the road 400 miles a day.
As Seen On FlightRadar24! Radar ==> F-KBNA5

WarRI1

Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:41 am

Quoting GuitrThree (Reply 6):
Quoting WarRI1 (Reply 3):I think it was 22k on the sticker.
You can't be serious. Really? That explains why I've seen exactly one of these on the road. And keep in mind, I'm on the road 400 miles a day.

It was 17K base price. As shown, 22K with extra's. What they were, I have no idea. A few odd hundred on the K's

[Edited 2011-09-18 19:42:06]

LAXintl

Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:51 am

You are starting to see them here in Los Angeles. I even saw one in Dallas a few weeks back as a delivery vehicle.
From the desert to the sea, to all of Southern California

RGElectra80

Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:59 am

Neither really do much for me. Jennifer Lopez looks annoying and the Fiat, well, it's a joke. Drives cheap, looks cheap yet interestingly enough it's not cheap.
austinspotter.wordpress.com

Fly2HMO

Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:19 am

I looked at one today at the mall. 11% American and Canadian content. 59% Mexican content. Assembled in Mexico. Motor made in US. Transmission made in Japan. An Italian company, or it was, last I knew.

BMW, Mercedes and other high end marques outsource manufacturing to "3rd world countries" and they're certainly not lacking in quality in any regard.

It's a FIAT. That says it all   

Springbok747

Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:27 am

Quoting Fly2HMO (Reply 10):

My first car was a Fiat Palio..loved it..but you're right..it did have issues. Lots of issues. Lets see now..there was water leaking from the aircon vents everytime I put the aircon on (this wasnt condensation), the speedo suddenly stopped working, I had an issue with the exhaust - it started spewing white smoke all of a sudden, and many minor issues - seatbelts, interior lights not working, problem with the airbag (on the pax side) etc.

I still loved that car..and miss it..sigh.
אני תומך בישראל

WarRI1

Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:29 am

Quoting Fly2HMO (Reply 10):

I am beginning to realize that. Those darned Italian's  

fxramper
Topic Author

Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:26 am

Quoting poLOT (Reply 4):

You both sound like the guy that bought a SMART car cause he wants to be green. I was more focused on JLO are her million dollar legs than the drab you both contributed to the thread. Thanks for posting

ACDC8

Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:33 am

I've never felt such a sloppy shifter in my life.

Thats what she said  

As for the car itself, I quite like them ... but then again, we get so few European models over here ... anything is a refreshing change on the eyes.

As for J Lo ... she's too short  
A Grumpy German Is A Sauerkraut

bohica

Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:06 am

The Fiat 500 looks like a PT cruiser that shrunk.

when I checked out the FIAT in person I was very disappointed with the build quality, I've never felt such a sloppy shifter in my life.

We have an Italian car made by Chrysler. Therefore an Italian car company with a bad reputation for reliability is being built by a company with an even worse reputation. Chrysler has never been known for build quality.

Everybody knows Fiat stands for Fix It Again Tomorrow. The 500 means the number of times the owner can expect the car to break down.

Springbok747

Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:54 am

Quoting bohica (Reply 15):
Everybody knows Fiat stands for Fix It Again Tomorrow. The 500 means the number of times the owner can expect the car to break down.

Actually the new 500 seems to be pretty solid. I have a friend who has one..she's had it for almost a year now, no problems with it. One year without any problems is a major feat for a Fiat   
אני תומך בישראל

JJJ

Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:10 am

Quoting Springbok747 (Reply 16):
Actually the new 500 seems to be pretty solid. I have a friend who has one..she's had it for almost a year now, no problems with it. One year without any problems is a major feat for a Fiat

Old prejudices never die. As long as this allows me to buy almost new but highly depreciated fiats I'm ok with that.

For the record, I've owned three fiat-made cars in 9 years now without any issue (two alfas, a 147 and a Mito, with a Bravo in the middle I kept for just a few months as it was totalled in a sandwich between a 4wd and a delivery van, I didn't get a scratch).

I just saw a few 500 in the US at the Alamo parking lot in Seattle, but didn't check the interior, so I don't know how does chrysler is building it. Of course, in europe (Spain, at least) the 500 starts at about 10K€ while the mini costs a good 50% more (starting at about 16K) so obviously the finish is bound to be worse. The closer priced mito has a better interior fit than the mini.

Charlienoble

Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:13 am

LOL they played that commercial about 20 times during the first half of the football game yesterday. Even my kid was like "Not this again...".

JLo looks ok, but I think the makeup is carrying a lot of the load these days. And her outfit was pretty strategically designed to downplay the big butt factor.
"When I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True Story."- Barney Stinson

ltbewr

Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:18 am

If you need to get some 'butts' into the seats of your cars, you get someone famous for her butt.

RGElectra80

Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:50 am

Quoting Springbok747 (Reply 16):

That's just because it's new. Wait til it hits the 3 or 4 year mark and get back to us.
austinspotter.wordpress.com

sw733

Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:54 pm

Quoting fxramper (Thread starter):
but after seeing JLO in it, I'd probably own one

I...I don't...I just don't know what to say...

Quoting GuitrThree (Reply 6):
You can't be serious. Really? That explains why I've seen exactly one of these on the road.

I see them at least 4-5 times a week around my house in Kansas City. Seriously. And I even saw a rental Fiat 500 in OKC recently.

Quoting RGElectra80 (Reply 20):
That's just because it's new. Wait til it hits the 3 or 4 year mark and get back to us.

I think the thing is bloody awful as far as looks go.

Fly2HMO

Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:46 pm

Quoting fxramper (Reply 13):

You both sound like the guy that bought a SMART car cause he wants to be green.

Oh no you didn't!

If you've followed my comments on all car threads you'd know damn well I hate green machines with a passion.

Quoting fxramper (Reply 13):
I was more focused on JLO are her million dollar legs than the drab you both contributed to the thread.

Million dollar?            

When was the last time you saw her legs?

Here you go to refresh your memory:

I wouldn't give $10 for her legs.

Quoting ACDC8 (Reply 14):

Thats what she said

ACDC8

Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:08 pm

Quoting Fly2HMO (Reply 22):
When was the last time you saw her legs?

Here you go to refresh your memory:

And I thought that her Venus commerical was bad enough ... yikes!  

I always found that she had too much "downstairs" and not enough "upstairs" ... just always seemed off-balanced to me  

As much as I like the Fiat (purely for the fact that it just adds some European flair to our streets), I wouldn't buy one just because J Lo does a commercial for them ... just like I wouldn't buy a Lancia because Harrison Ford did commercials for them.

Type-Rated

Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:19 pm

I'd rather see J Lo than those horrible rapping thug hamsters used by Kia. To me they are just promoting the gangsta lifestyle.

Let's see how long the Fiat 500 lasts before rusting out. Some say the Italians invented rust and Fiat imported it!

Years ago I had a Fiat X/19. It had it's share of electrical problems, but the body rusted out way before the engine gave up!
Fly North Central Airlines..The route of the Northliners!

jcs17

Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:29 pm

I wish they had brought back the Fiat Panda marque instead.

I would've loved to have been in that marketing meeting in Turin. "We have a small, economy car here, what can we name it that evokes sportiness, fun, and Italian design."

"Let's call it the Panda. A Chinese animal that does nothing all day except eat bamboo, and is slowly being poached out of existence."
America's chickens are coming home to rooooost!

Fly2HMO

Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:29 pm

Quoting type-rated (Reply 24):
I'd rather see J Lo than those horrible rapping thug hamsters used by Kia. To me they are just promoting the gangsta lifestyle.

The first time I saw this:

I wanted to shoot the TV and take a dump on it. That's the tackiest, unclassiest car commercial to ever grace the face of the earth.

The funniest thing though is that the only people I've seen buying those fugly shoe boxes are old senile people or fat ugly girls.

Springbok747

Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:35 pm

Quoting Fly2HMO (Reply 26):
That's the tackiest, unclassiest car commercial to ever grace the face of the earth.
Quoting Fly2HMO (Reply 26):
those fugly shoe boxes

Its a KIA..what else did you expect? I'd rather kill myself live with a Fiat and all the misery it brings, than own a Korean POS brand like a Kia or a SSangyong.
אני תומך בישראל

ltbewr

Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:10 am

Quoting Springbok747 (Reply 27):
Its a KIA..what else did you expect? I'd rather kill myself live with a Fiat and all the misery it brings, than own a Korean POS brand like a Kia or a SSangyong.

Actually the Kia Soul is a very practical vehicle and I like the 'hip hop Hamster' commercials. They just came out with a new one here in the USA with the HHH's. A family who lives in the next apartment to me has one.

By the way, almost no one in the USA would know what the Ssangyong brand is as not sold in the USA/Canada. Ssangyong is a Korean based vehicle company that makes some really distubingly ugly and odd cars and SUV's.

zhiao

Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:38 am

Fix
It
Again
Ted

FIAT

Aesma

Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:33 pm

In my country (France), Fiat had that bad rep too, but it has been over for a good 10 years, now they're average. My parents owned a Brava, the old model from the 90's supposed to be unreliable, but it never had a problem.

Quoting jcs17 (Reply 25):
I wish they had brought back the Fiat Panda marque instead.

I would've loved to have been in that marketing meeting in Turin. "We have a small, economy car here, what can we name it that evokes sportiness, fun, and Italian design."

The Panda marque was never gone, it's just another car. I like the 500, the Panda is really ugly however :

It's the only small cheap car that can be had with 4WD that I know of.
New Technology is the name we give to stuff that doesn't work yet. Douglas Adams

Polot

Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:39 am

They are actually thinking of basing a Jeep off the Panda, although I really don't know how well that will go over with the Jeep faithful...

ACDC8

Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:02 am

Quoting bohica (Reply 15):
Everybody knows Fiat stands for Fix It Again Tomorrow
Quoting zhiao (Reply 29):
Fix
It
Again
Ted

FIAT

Works in German too ... Fehler In Alle Teile

(failure in all parts)

I had a Fiat Uno back when I lived in Germany, didn't have it long enough to really comment on it though.

JJJ

Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:03 am

Quoting Aesma (Reply 30):
The Panda marque was never gone, it's just another car. I like the 500, the Panda is really ugly however :

Below the retro-stylish sheet metal, the 500 is pretty much a Panda in mechanics, electrics, etc.

It just turns out that the panda is one of the most durable and reliable on its class, so much that it's also the base for the Ford Ka (100% manufactured at Fiat's plant in Poland). Both the FIRE petrol and the multijet diesel engines have proven to be almost indestructible.

The panda also has been restyled for this year. Still ugly, though (looks like a Kangoo).

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/7/79/Fiat_Panda_%282011%29_front_side_quarter.jpg/800px-Fiat_Panda_%282011%29_front_side_quarter.jpg