Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

ndebelebev
Topic Author

Barcelona Hotel Recommendations...

Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:22 pm

Ok... Here it is...

Please can I have your recommendations for a 3 night stay in the lovely city of Barcelona...

I am looking to go late february maybe early march time...

Thanks in advance...

Bev x
Her Pose Is That Of Someone... Who Knows It All And Is In Total Control Of Her World... Little Does She Know...

HT

RE: Barcelona Hotel Recommendations...

Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:49 pm

Hi Bev,
do you prefer any area of the city to stay in ?
Airtrainer and me just stayed at the Expo Barcelona Hotel, which is a nice 4* hotel loacted 2 minutes on foot from Sants, Barcelona's main railway station, where also the airport train (departing from BCN T2 (= FR, U2, ...) only) arrives every 30 minutes. With a T10 card (= 10 trips) you get the whole ride for 0.825 €. There is also a free shuttle bus between BCN's T1 and T2 v/v.

http://www.expohotelbarcelona.com/
Despite being close to busy Sants station, there is no street noise to be heard in the rooms (unlike at many, more centrally located hotels).
Metro station "Tarragona" is preferred over "Sants" when using the Metro.
There is a cheap chinese restaraunt on C/ Tarragona on your way to Tarragone Metro station, but on the far side of the street.

This having been my 4th hotel I used in Barcelona (2 on business, 2 on leisure), I will return to it in early December.
A similar hotel in downtown Barcelona would be considerably more expensive (and less free from street noise).

P.S. WiFi is free when booking a Superior room, but only when booking through their website (IIRC, WiFi is 10 € otherwise).

Please advise if you are looking for some different hotel category.
-HT
Carpe diem ! Life is too short to waste your time ! Keep in mind, that today is the first day of the rest of your life !

ndebelebev
Topic Author

Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:22 pm

I don't really mind which area to stay in as I am sure all major sights will be not too far away or even a short metro ride away... I looked at that Hotel and it looks really good and the price suits too.. Thank you Holger...
Her Pose Is That Of Someone... Who Knows It All And Is In Total Control Of Her World... Little Does She Know...

OA260

Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:02 pm

Ive stayed in the H10's and love them.

This one is great right near the Plaza Catalunya and shopping areas. Free wifi and metro access.

http://www.hotelh10universitat.com/en/index.html

HT

Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:11 pm

Quoting ndebelebev (Reply 2):

Glad I could help.

The hotel has a good view from its top floor (#10) into direction of Placa Espanya and the Fira de Barcelona with its old-ish buildings.

What was a bit surprising to me was the fact that the hotel does not show its name into direction of Sants station. Even though I memorized the hotel's location from Google Maps, I had to search for it.
When exiting the station (in northeasternly direction), turn right walking past the motor cycles parked. Straight on into the small street for 20 yds into direction of a bar at the corner (open ''til midnight) and some restaurants along C/ Mallorca.
Turn left into C/ Mallorca and the hotel's entrance (revolving glass door) is on your left, half way down the (small) block past the entrance to a supermarket (this one can be used as a source to stock up on drinks & food if needed; two levels) and a bakery (can be an alternative source for breakfast compared to the hotel charging 10 € for a good breakfast).

At Placa Espanya (which is withiin walking distance from the hotel), there is the old bull fighting ring which has been turned into a shopping center. Head into the basement and have a sniff around those bars with lots of Jamon Serrano hanging on the walls / from the ceiling. Yummy.
Top floor of this shopping center has a viewing circle (no entrance fee) offering sweeping views of the city.
One level below the viewing circle there is a running track around the building for those who dare.

To get around on trains (like to/from the airport) check departure times on http://www.renfe.com/viajeros/cercanias/barcelona/index.html (those local stations can not be selected / viewed from Renfe's main page, but are hidden unter "Cercanias" then select "Barcelona".

-HT
Carpe diem ! Life is too short to waste your time ! Keep in mind, that today is the first day of the rest of your life !

idealstandard

Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:01 pm

We always stay at the novotel on avenue diagonal. Yes, it's a bit out of the centre, yes it's in a bit of a business district but it's a nice, up to date hotel within walking distance of some good bars and of the sea.

IS