Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

alsberg
Topic Author

Skiing/Snowboarding A.Netters?

Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:11 am

How many A.Netters are into skiing and or snowboarding? If so, post your favorite place to go, estimate (or number if you know) of days a year on snow, and a picture or video of yourself (if you have one). I'll start.
Favorite Resort-Whistler, BC, Canada
About 90 Days a year
Images

Video from a few years ago

Brian Alsberg 08/09 season edit from Brian Alsberg on Vimeo.

Braniff747SP

RE: Skiing/Snowboarding A.Netters?

Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:19 am

I ski at Mammoth Mountain...

How many days a year? 1 or 2 now... Or not at all. We have a place up there, too... We used to go often. I wish I could go... Not up to me, though.
The 747 will always be the TRUE queen of the skies!

canoecarrier

Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:57 am

Quoting alsberg (Thread starter):
I'll start.
Favorite Resort-Whistler, BC, Canada
About 90 Days a year

Whistler is a little too cliche for me. Everyone's been to Whistler and it's huge like Vail.

I'm a 30 or 35 days a year person now since we had a kid. If you'd started this thread later this year I'd probably have some heli-ski footage to share (no joke). I work in the ski industry. My favorite resort is Kicking Horse in Golden, BC. I backpacked through Lake Louise when Kicking Horse was just getting set up. Came back the next year and it was awesome.

Some other favorites are Apex and Red Mountain in BC, Baker in WA, and Stevens Pass also in WA. Crystal Mt. (WA not MI) isn't bad either, neither is Crested Butte in CO. Schweitzer in Idaho is fun as well.

There, go forth young man and enjoy. 10 years of hit and miss snowboarding at crappy resorts like Hood, Okemo, and Squaw led me to the best snow and steeps. Enjoy.
The beatings will continue until morale improves

ThrottleHold

Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:00 am

Been skiing several times every year since 2000. France, Italy, Switzerland, Austria, Andorra, Japan and around Tahoe.
My favourite is Ischgl in Austria. High altitude glacier skiing and, more importantly, the best apres-ski I've ever seen.

canoecarrier

Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:04 am

Quoting alsberg (Thread starter):
Images

By the way, way to represent with the K2 skis.

alsberg
Topic Author

Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:14 am

Quoting canoecarrier (Reply 2):

Whistler is a little too cliche for me. Everyone's been to Whistler and it's huge like Vail.

True, but something fun all the time (year-round)!

If you'd started this thread later this year I'd probably have some heli-ski footage to share (no joke).

Awesome! Please share when you have it.

Crested Butte in CO.

Very high on my list to get there, also Jackson Hole, and Silverton.

Enjoy.

Will do!

Quoting ThrottleHold (Reply 3):
High altitude glacier skiing and, more importantly, the best apres-ski I've ever seen.

Both are quite important! Again why I like Whistler.

Quoting canoecarrier (Reply 4):

By the way, way to represent with the K2 skis.

I actually am not a big fan of K2 skis really, I've found that the products they make are often quite flimsy, not so long lasting. I ski lots of backcountry (Alpine-Touring or just out of bounds) and park. I've found Atomic's and Rossingol's skis to be far superior.

ALB05201

Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:48 pm

Mountain: Carinthia at Mount Snow in West Dover, VT

I ski mostly park but, always have fun skipping school on the rare "powder" days here in Southern Vermont.
I ski around 30-40 days a season.

Jetsgo

Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:11 pm

Living in Reno, I of course take full advantage of the mountains around here. In addition to a season pass at Mt. Rose, I will routinely make it out to Squaw Valley, Alpine Meadows, Northstar, and sometimes Heavenly.
Marine Corps Aviation, The Last To Let You Down!

UltimateDelta

Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:11 pm

So far I've only skied at 3 resorts...sometimes living in Nebraska is challenging that way. This last spring I went out to Utah (Park City and Deer Valley), and that was nothing short of incredible. I hope to go back next year, but nothing's set yet. This is from my first day at PC (taken from my crappy phone camera):

Midwest Airlines- 1984-2010

CplKlinger

Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:36 pm

I don't have pictures, but I hit the snow at Perfect North Slopes in Lawrenceburg, IN. Last year I actually got season passes and renewed them for this year before last season ended. I went about 10 times last year and hope to double it this year. Great park with great runs. I also have been to Devils Head in Merrimac, WI. Hit it up mid week and the slopes are empty, but the resort is still super nice for the price.

Zkpilot

Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:04 pm

If you are a skier (no boarders allowed) then tops has to be Alta (Utah)... amazing snow good terrain.
Last season they had over 800" of snow! Pretty long season too and the snow is super dry.
Hokkaido in Japan has some amazing resorts, like some of the BC/Alberta resorts too.
My home resort is Turoa, Mt Ruapehu, New Zealand. Massive volcano with crazy terrain, the weather can be a bit average and the snow is often hard pack/bulletproof but it does have some amazing days with freshies.
Verbier/4 Vallees in Switzerland is pretty massive with some quite steep terrain in places... it didn't have a lot of snow last season though.

Anyway heres a few pics...
first up Solitude, Utah:

next is Alta, Utah:

more Alta:

Brighton, Utah:

Verbier, Switzerland:

my babies (Rossignol S7 188cm... sickest skis EVER!)

here are a couple of pics from my home resort; Turoa, Mt Ruapehu:
64 types. 45 countries. 24 airlines.

lewis

Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:23 pm

Mammoth or Big Bear (if we don't want to drive far) for me. Started snowboarding last year so not very good yet.

victrola

Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:30 pm

I moved from Los Angeles to Chicago last year. I miss my day trips to Big Bear and weekends at Mammoth.

canoecarrier

Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:42 pm

Quoting CplKlinger (Reply 9):
I don't have pictures, but I hit the snow at Perfect North Slopes in Lawrenceburg, IN. Last year I actually got season passes and renewed them for this year before last season ended. I went about 10 times last year and hope to double it this year. Great park with great runs. I also have been to Devils Head in Merrimac, WI. Hit it up mid week and the slopes are empty, but the resort is still super nice for the price.

Don't let all these photos of big mountain resorts keep you away from the sport. When you live in the upper Midwest you take what you get. Lutsen in Minnesota might be a fun trip for you. When I was in Whitefish, MT a couple years ago we ran into a lot of people who took the train from WI/MN to try out a big mountain.

Quoting Zkpilot (Reply 10):
If you are a skier (no boarders allowed) then tops has to be Alta (Utah).

Hater  
Verbier/4 Vallees in Switzerland

I did a fair amount of research on ski resorts in Europe for a US project. I love how many of them are interconnected or have a tram out of the town to the ski area. I really liked how you could take a funicular from Innsbruck to the ski area and stay in the city.

Have you ever been to Broken River in NZ? Looks like a great place.

Zkpilot

Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:20 pm

Quoting canoecarrier (Reply 13):

I did a fair amount of research on ski resorts in Europe for a US project. I love how many of them are interconnected or have a tram out of the town to the ski area. I really liked how you could take a funicular from Innsbruck to the ski area and stay in the city.

Yeah they are pretty amazing with lots of gondolas etc too. Going to hit up Austria next I think.

I haven't skied there but have skied Mt Hutt and then further south at Coronet and Treble Cone.
Treble Cone is a pretty cool resort. There are a lot of little club fields in the South Island...thats where the likes of Broken River come in.... Craigieburn and Temple Basin are apparently amazing (albeit small), Temple Basin is about to be converted into a commercial field and tripled in size with a massive investment.

FingerLakerAv8r

Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:09 am

I ski Holiday Valley in Ellicottville, NY and Swain in Swain, NY. Mostly Drumlins for us but we still have a good time. If we want more of a challenge we go up to The Adirondaks of Vermont for a weekend.

Best place I ever skiied was The Big Mountain in Whitefish, Montana with Sierra-At-Tahoe a close second.

alsberg
Topic Author

Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:25 am

If you are a skier (no boarders allowed) then tops has to be Alta (Utah)... amazing snow good terrain.
Last season they had over 800" of snow! Pretty long season too and the snow is super dry.
Hokkaido in Japan has some amazing resorts, like some of the BC/Alberta resorts too.
My home resort is Turoa, Mt Ruapehu, New Zealand. Massive volcano with crazy terrain, the weather can be a bit average and the snow is often hard pack/bulletproof but it does have some amazing days with freshies.
Verbier/4 Vallees in Switzerland is pretty massive with some quite steep terrain in places... it didn't have a lot of snow last season though.

Alta's great! Definitely one of my favorite mountains. I strongly agree with you on Western Canada. I can't wait to ski in Hokkaido and at some of New Zealand's mountains sometime. Nice pictures you posted! I like the Atomic Benchetlers, but many of my friends are huge S7 fans.

airport1970

Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:22 am

I was a lift-op on Steamboat's Priest Creek lift for a couple of seasons...its too late tonight for me to start writing stories, but, I give one bit of advice... be nice to the lift operators.. you make some comment like "I bet you wish you were skiing today" and then for some unknown reason you are falling out of the chair... or when you get to the top your backpack is wedged into the seat back and you can get off the chair and you go around the bull-wheel and hit the stick to stop the lift... Yeah, treat them with some respect !   

[Edited 2011-10-28 03:30:12]

AustrianZRH

Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:54 am

Skiing, all over Western Austria and Eastern Switzerland. Liked the Arlberg region and Serfaus/Fiss/Ladis in Tyrol best so far.
WARNING! The post above should be taken with a grain of salt! Furthermore, it may be slightly biased towards A.

canoecarrier

Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:49 pm

Quoting alsberg (Reply 16):
I strongly agree with you on Western Canada.

There are a lot of good ski areas in W. Canada. Lake Louise was fun last time I was there. The Alpine Club of Canada runs a ski hostel in town that's one of the best I've ever stayed at. I would have enjoyed the stay more but it was -15C when I was there.

Some of the best tree skiing I've ever had was at Red Mountain in BC. I left out Kirkwood though in Tahoe. Another ski area to put on your bucket list if you like challenging mountains.

mirrodie

Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:45 pm

Only went twice, a few years ago, my first time on a snowy mountain, let alone a snowboard.

Cant' wait to go this year. Looking for daytrips within 2 hours of NYC
Forum moderator 2001-2010; He's a pedantic, pontificating, pretentious bastard, a belligerent old fart, a worthless st

canoecarrier

Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:10 pm

Quoting mirrodie (Reply 20):

Greek Peak?

ALB05201

Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:43 pm

There's Windham Mountain. But if you want to a big mountain but don't mind the extra driving there's: Mount Snow, Stratton, Okemo, and Killington (in order from south to north). They are all in Southern Vermont.

Zkpilot

Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:12 pm

Heres a video I made of some tree skiing at Brighton, Utah...
http://youtu.be/455n84ezsmA

Type-Rated

Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:19 pm

Do snowboarder still enjoy cutting skiers off, running into them and otherwise making a nuisanse of themselves?
Fly North Central Airlines..The route of the Northliners!

ThrottleHold

Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:01 am

Quoting type-rated (Reply 24):
Do snowboarder still enjoy cutting skiers off, running into them and otherwise making a nuisanse of themselves?

Add to that sitting on their asses in the middle of the piste, usually just over the brow of a hill so that you can't see them till it's too late, the ridiculous 5x too big oversized trousers with crotches hanging between their knees and the general look of a stoner! As Cartman would say..."Goddamn hippies!!"

If you are a skier (no boarders allowed)

Sounds like my kind of place!

canoecarrier

Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:06 am

Do skiers still enjoy making moguls? There really aren't that many more skiers now than snowboarders. I think only Mad River Glen and Alta are skiers only now. The OP is a twin tipper you should be just as upset at him as you are snowboarders.

Quoting ALB05201 (Reply 22):
There's Windham Mountain. But if you want to a big mountain but don't mind the extra driving there's: Mount Snow, Stratton, Okemo, and Killington (in order from south to north). They are all in Southern Vermont.

There's too much ice in the NE for me to do a trip across the country. I have no doubt there are great days there, but 2-3 feet of fresh BC snow is hard to pass up.

YokoTsuno

Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:43 am

If you consider rolling down the mountain, head over heels, with skis on my feet as acceptable practice, you may consider me a seasoned skier as well.

German colleagues once invited me to join them to Austria. The problem with skiing is that is looks far easier looking up than looking down.

Ferminios

Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:54 am

Skier here  

I'm very happy that I have been able to call the ski resorts on the eastern side of the Canadian Rockies my home ground for two years until last year, absolutely fantastic. Unfortunately I have moved back home to the Netherlands, so I can do it way less now. Planning head there again this winter though  

runner13

Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:44 pm

Quoting canoecarrier (Reply 26):
Do skiers still enjoy making moguls? There really aren't that many more skiers now than snowboarders. I think only Mad River Glen and Alta are skiers only now. The OP is a twin tipper you should be just as upset at him as you are snowboarders.

I would say skiers are just as bad about cutting snowboarders off also. I'm a snowboarder, went once in high school to West Virgina on a youth trip. Did alright, but I grew up skateboarding, and wakeboarding so it was a natural transition for me. Didn't go snowboarding for several years after that until I moved to ASE after graduating college. Went almost everyday, busted my ass the first day, but after that I got pretty good really fast. Became a powder hound, and a pretty good park rider at Buttermilk, even hitting the x games jumps. My favorite Mtn's were Highlands, and Snowmass. By the time the season was over I was riding extreme terrain on top of Snowmass with great confidence. I've moved back to Nashville but The wife and I still go once a year, last year went to Tahoe, and rode heavenly. It was pretty good. Won't be able to do a big trip this year as we are saving for a house and trying for a little one, so I'll probably just head up to Paoli.

ALB05201

Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:03 pm

Mad River Glen and Alta are skiers only now. The OP is a twin tipper you should be just as upset at him as you are snowboarders.
2-3 feet of fresh BC snow is hard to pass up.

Mad River is crazy, love that place. I also freeski as the OP and some do dress exactly like boarders. I would take a week of that over a month of pow days (we only get like 5 days usually). I dnt mind a little ice except when the landings of jumps are complete ice.

Zkpilot

Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:14 pm

The impression is that skiers make moguls, but most of the time they are created by both always in the same places due to the condition in that location (usually on a steeper slope where less capable snow users pile the snow as they make their way down the slope).
However snowboarders by the very nature of the board do tend to scrape more snow on the piste revealing the hardpack underneath (which nobody likes!).

TIA

Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:52 pm

Quoting canoecarrier (Reply 21):
Greek Peak?

Greek Peak is about twice that in terms of time, and not that great anyway, although the first place I snowboarded at.

bjorn14

Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:17 pm

I love Geilo in Norway. Telluride in the US. Are the Australian Alps worth skiing?
"I want to know the voice of God the rest is just details" --A. Einstein

casinterest

Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:40 pm

Quoting Zkpilot (Reply 31):
The impression is that skiers make moguls, but most of the time they are created by both always in the same places due to the condition in that location (usually on a steeper slope where less capable snow users pile the snow as they make their way down the slope).
However snowboarders by the very nature of the board do tend to scrape more snow on the piste revealing the hardpack underneath (which nobody likes!).

My Experience is that usually the Skiiers stick to the middle. and the boarders go down the sides. The Boarders create what I would call mini half pipes of carved glacial ice.  

I board, and I usually avoid the mogul runs because it will kill the calves trying to stay in the wells. and avoid getting the board hung on the tops.

I love making nice long carves on my board going down steep groomed runs that are groomed. I usually stay on the edge so I usually shift very little snow.

my last trip was Winter Park, Co.

If you can make it to route 23 off the taconic, then you can go to CataMount on the NY/MA boarder. In the winter, I would say this is a 2-2.5 hour drive.
Where ever you go, there you are.

canoecarrier

Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:49 pm

Quoting runner13 (Reply 29):

I would say skiers are just as bad about cutting snowboarders off also.

I think it doesn't matter whether you're a skier or snowboarder, both are just as likely to cut other skiers/boarders off.

Quoting ALB05201 (Reply 30):
I would take a week of that over a month of pow days (we only get like 5 days usually)

The park can be fun, but I can't believe someone would prefer the park over a good powder day. Today's powder skis are almost a snowboard cut in half with skis or snowboards that wide it's almost like surfing over the snow.

Quoting Zkpilot (Reply 31):

I can't argue with that. But less so on a groomed trail.

Quoting casinterest (Reply 34):
I board, and I usually avoid the mogul runs because it will kill the calves trying to stay in the wells. and avoid getting the board hung on the tops.

Its really hard to ski a mogul line on a snowboard. I do the same and avoid the run altogether if possible.

Has anyone here ever skied in Japan? At one time I believe they had the most ski areas per capita in the world. Even now they have over 500 ski areas.

Zkpilot

Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:50 pm

Quoting canoecarrier (Reply 35):

Has anyone here ever skied in Japan? At one time I believe they had the most ski areas per capita in the world. Even now they have over 500 ski areas.

Yeah Japan is interesting....
Basically around the world Snowboarding took off in the late 80s/90s... this didn't happen in Japan... as a result Japans resorts are a lot less crowded than elsewhere even though a lot of Westerners now snowboard there. It is actually reasonably priced to ski there and the snow is pretty amazing... think Utah/Pac NW styles.

alsberg
Topic Author

Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:52 am

Quoting canoecarrier (Reply 35):

The park can be fun, but I can't believe someone would prefer the park over a good powder day. Today's powder skis are almost a snowboard cut in half with skis or snowboards that wide it's almost like surfing over the snow.

Or wider! think fat-ypus a-lotta…140 underfoot!

Let's not have the ridiculous argument about whether skiing or snowboarding is better, whichever you have the most fun doing, you should do! And "twin tippers" don't ski any differently from other skiers.

canoecarrier

Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:53 pm

Quoting alsberg (Reply 37):

Or wider! think fat-ypus a-lotta…140 underfoot!

I went cat skiing a couple years ago. One guy in our party had the K2 Poon2oons I think they're around 134 underfoot. I thought it was a little ridiculous at the time given the conditions, but it's his $700. That said, I had a custom built Pryor Khyber snowboard that was 170 cm long and I'm 5' 10''. He probably thought the same thing about me.

Quoting alsberg (Reply 37):
And "twin tippers" don't ski any differently from other skiers.

Just don't ski behind them on a warm day. You'll get soaked!

Quoting Zkpilot (Reply 36):
Yeah Japan is interesting....
Basically around the world Snowboarding took off in the late 80s/90s... this didn't happen in Japan... as a result Japans resorts are a lot less crowded than elsewhere even though a lot of Westerners now snowboard there.

I've heard this before. Deaths actually exceed births in Japan so their population is shrinking. Which is why most villages had a local ski area up until the '70's and '80's then as population declined so did demand for skiing. I'd like to go to Rusutsu sometime.

timb777

Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:08 pm

Quoting Zkpilot (Reply 14):

I haven't skied there but have skied Mt Hutt and then further south at Coronet and Treble Cone.
Treble Cone is a pretty cool resort. There are a lot of little club fields in the South Island...thats where the likes of Broken River come in.... Craigieburn and Temple Basin are apparently amazing (albeit small), Temple Basin is about to be converted into a commercial field and tripled in size with a massive investment.

I don't think Temple Basin has any plans to go commercial. There is limited terrain, and the 2 hour hike in limits it's market. Maybe you were thinking of Porters development plans? (to grow to beyond hutts size?) broken river is a Great field, but so are all the club fields in NZ. Personally, I like TB because its high altitude means it suffers less from the awful ice that Hutt / Coronet get...

Zkpilot

Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:57 am

Quoting timb777 (Reply 39):

I don't think Temple Basin has any plans to go commercial. There is limited terrain, and the 2 hour hike in limits it's market. Maybe you were thinking of Porters development plans? (to grow to beyond hutts size?)

Sorry my mistake, yes I meant Porters.... looks like a good development.

alsberg
Topic Author

Fri Nov 11, 2011 4:45 am

Quoting canoecarrier (Reply 38):
I went cat skiing a couple years ago. One guy in our party had the K2 Poon2oons I think they're around 134 underfoot. I thought it was a little ridiculous at the time given the conditions, but it's his $700. That said, I had a custom built Pryor Khyber snowboard that was 170 cm long and I'm 5' 10''. He probably thought the same thing about me.

I've got the K2 Hell bents (mine are 122 underfoot). Surprisingly, they aren't bad in many conditions, just a very different feeling…lots of fun though

Gotta love the rooster tails!

Zkpilot

Fri Nov 11, 2011 6:02 pm

Quoting alsberg (Reply 41):

Gotta love the rooster tails!

Yeah they are a lot of fun and it looks cool (unless as mentioned you are right behind someone doing that!)
My Rossi S7s kick up a fair rooster tail... considering the rooster is Rossignols traditional branding its quite good.

Ok so heres a question for the thread:
What do you ski/board? and why?

So for me I have:

Rossignol 2010/11 S7 Koopman 188cm... They are my all mountain/powder skis
Rossignol Zenith Z9 Ti Oversize 2007 162cm... They are my piste/hard pack skis (a little on the short side since I'm tall, but they have a tiny turn radius, are quite fat tip/tail and are strong with the titanium so are real pocket rockets...they are like a detuned race ski in many aspects.
Both skis need to be pushed hard to get good reward out of them.
Prior to that I had some Salomons, tried a few and found that they really aren't good skis if you are above average size male as they are too soft... too much foam core etc in them... they are better for smaller skiers and women.
Prior to buying my S7s I also tried K2 and some Atomics... The K2s were Obsethed's... they were fun and would be great in the pow, but didn't like them onpiste, too much work to get them up on edge... so edge to edge they were pretty slow making for harder turn initiation. By comparison the S7s have quite a lot of sidecut so when you aren't in the pow they turn pretty darn well. Their only weakness in my opinion is at high speed where they get a bit of flutter/chatter... I think thats where the Super S7 ski comes in with its extra titanium plates...

canoecarrier

Fri Nov 11, 2011 6:50 pm

I own 8 snowboards. To be honest I couldn't tell you without looking right now all their lengths and even all their brands. Some I've owned for 10 years and the oldest I rode down the street 2 years ago when it snowed in Seattle.

My favorites though, that I do use the most are:

Prior Kyber 170 cm. I use it on powder days, in big snow, or when I go cat skiing.

Option Signature 159 cm. My all mountain, favorite snowboard. Easy to throw around in the trees, but stiff enough to carve on the trails.

Neversummer Premiere F1 163 cm. My other all mountain, 2nd favorite snowboard. Also pretty easy to throw around in the trees and floats well on the heavy snow we get in the Pacific Northwest. Carves like a dream.

Zkpilot

Sat Nov 12, 2011 3:53 pm

Quoting canoecarrier (Reply 43):
I own 8 snowboards. To be honest I couldn't tell you without looking right now all their lengths and even all their brands. Some I've owned for 10 years and the oldest I rode down the street 2 years ago when it snowed in Seattle.

Thats one advantage that you snowboarders have... snowboards don't change much over the years and can hold up for longer than skis.... 10 year old skis are quite different to new ones now.
Little known fact is that most skis are only designed with a life of about 50 days if used somewhat aggresively... for most people thats at least a few years worth of skiing, if not several. However for some of us out there that is only 2 seasons worth (or less for a handful). After that they weaken, turn to mush a bit like old suspension on a car... also the edges degrade.

alsberg
Topic Author

Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:05 pm

Quoting Zkpilot (Reply 42):
considering the rooster is Rossignols traditional branding its quite good.

Haha, Never though of that!

That's not necessarily a bad thing, I'd say the hell bents are similar. I've also skied on the Atomic Benchetler which are more playful, but can ski completely seriously when n

Quoting Zkpilot (Reply 44):
After that they weaken, turn to mush a bit like old suspension on a car... also the edges degrade.

Except for the Atomic Punx! Check this out.
http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=10150094792740942

Zkpilot

Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:23 pm

Quoting alsberg (Reply 45):

That's not necessarily a bad thing,

Yeah I'm saying that they do need to be pushed hard but once you get that reward from them its a good reward!

As for the chatter I mentioned, I took the S7s up to 89.8km/h (56mph) and they were chatting a bit. Surprisingly they had a bit of flutter slightly slower than that at about 70km/h. Really not a ski for being a speed demon on but still fun... thats where the Z9s come in (although Rossi changed the titles later on and made the Z9 name a mid level ski afterwards even though it was a completely different ski to the previous Z9).

alsberg
Topic Author

Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:02 pm

Quoting Zkpilot (Reply 46):
Yeah I'm saying that they do need to be pushed hard but once you get that reward from them its a good reward!

The best kind of reward!

As for the chatter I mentioned, I took the S7s up to 89.8km/h (56mph) and they were chatting a bit.

The hell bents chatter a ton too!

Zkpilot

Sun Nov 13, 2011 2:08 am

Quoting alsberg (Reply 47):

As for the chatter I mentioned, I took the S7s up to 89.8km/h (56mph) and they were chatting a bit.

The hell bents chatter a ton too!

I bet... I guess twin tip fatties just aren't as stiff as pocket rockets and have more surface area to lift.
anyways heres a day at Verbier

Highly recommend this app... best skiing app ever! doesn't use mobile data so no charges  

Dano1977

Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:46 am

I need some advice on Ski boots

My old Atomic ski boots are on their last legs and won't last much longer, I don't want to get rid of them, because they are just so comfy, but needs must.

But my local ski shop has some "Lange Super Blaster 2012's" on a special price of around £190.

What are Lange like? would you recommend them or avoid like the plague.
The average EU official - he has the organising ability of the Italians, the flexibility of the Germans and the modesty of the French. And that's topped up by the imagination of the Belgians, the generosity of the Dutch.