Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Springbok747
Topic Author

So..My Neighbour Walks Around Naked

Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:34 am

Okay..this seriously has to be the strangest topic in non-av..but bear with me here. My neighbour walks around naked in his apartment..and I've also seen him getting his mail from the letterbox outside..yup..in his birthday suit, not once but several times. He is a new dude who moved into the apartment next to us about a month ago...(and I'm pretty sure he's not all there mentally..all he does all day long is sit in front of his mac - at least that's what he's doing whenever I see him).

I don't care what he does inside his house...but I think its highly inappropriate that he doesn't care to put some clothes on when he goes outside..my gf is quite freaked out and so are some of our neighbours.

Can anything be done about this? I'm also a bit freaked out to go talk with him..don't know if he'll answer the door nude as well (and quite frankly his junk is the last thing I want to see..).

Anyone else have weird neighbours? How did you deal with them?
אני תומך בישראל

Revelation

RE: So..My Neighbour Walks Around Naked

Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:48 am

Quoting Springbok747 (Thread starter):
I don't care what he does inside his house...but I think its highly inappropriate that he doesn't care to put some clothes on when he goes outside..my gf is quite freaked out and so are some of our neighbours.

I don't blame you, your neighbors or your girlfriend.

Can anything be done about this? I'm also a bit freaked out to go talk with him..don't know if he'll answer the door nude as well (and quite frankly his junk is the last thing I want to see..).

You can file a complaint with the police. In the US, this could be "indecent exposure" or "lewdnes". I'm sure your local juristiction has a charge that is appropriate. If you have a photo for evidence, it'd be even better.

Anyone else have weird neighbours? How did you deal with them?

Here's a case where you can just let your tax dollars address the situation. You don't know if this guy is a psycho, so don't put yourself in the middle of it.
Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world
The heart has its beaches, its homeland and thoughts of its own
Wake now, discover that you are the song that the morning brings
The heart has its seasons, its evenings and songs of its own

AR385

Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:02 am

Seeing his junk is the last thing I´d worry about when going to confront him about his "habits"

Frankly, what he does inside his apartment, is his business. The moment he steps naked outside, that´s another story. I suppose you could complain to the authorities, but I don´t know the laws of your country in those matters. It´s an apartment, so maybe if regarded as a private property then not even the authorities may be able to do much. It might be a matter for the owners´ association first. Then maybe they are the ones who have to draw a petition or some crap like that. You could ask a lawyer.

In any case, given the hints that you´ve seen of his instability, it´s not a good idea for you to go on your own and have a "talk".

joffie

Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:14 am

Well....98% of A.net would not have a problem with that  

Do you live in Darwin by any chance, I have heard they do things differently up there!

Its a hard one, dont know what you could do. Perhaps file a complaint?

Good luck...

Superfly

Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:44 am

quite frankly his junk is the last thing I want to see.
Quoting joffie (Reply 3):
Its a hard one,

How can you see inside his apartment? You shouldn't be nosy.
Now he should put something one when going to the mailbox.
Look at the bright side, at least you know doesn't have a concealed weapon.

.all he does all day long is sit in front of his mac

Those Mac users have always been a odd bunch.....  
Bring back the Concorde

dxing

Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:49 am

Quoting joffie (Reply 3):
Its a hard one

Didn't take much!!!   

If he is mentally ill your best bet is to leave it to the police. Even inside his apartment if he is with no clothes and near a window where he could reasonably be expected to be observed by those outside he may still be in violation of the law.
Warm winds blowing, heating blue skies, a road that goes forever, I'm going to Texas!

Superfly

Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:53 am

Quoting dxing (Reply 5):
If he is mentally ill your best bet is to leave it to the police. Even inside his apartment if he is with no clothes and near a window where he could reasonably be expected to be observed by those outside he may still be in violation of the law.

Sounds like a job for a private dick.
I doubt a regular cop on the beat would want to touch this.

my gf is quite freaked out

You sure she's not just telling you that so you don't get jealous? 
Relax, its just a naked dude running around his apartment. I do it all the time but I do put my clothes on when I go to the mailbox.
Bring back the Concorde

Braybuddy

Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:54 am

Next time he appears naked at his front door, you and your girlfriend stand outside, looking below his waist, pointing and laughing at the same time. That should do the trick . . . .

TSS

Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:35 am

Since apparently no-one wants to confront Naked Guy face-to-face about this, has anyone considered slipping him an anonymous note in his mailbox? Something along the lines of "Sir, please do your neighbors the honor of putting on clothes before going outside your apartment" should be good for starters.
Able to kill active threads stone dead with a single post!

dxing

Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:33 am

Quoting Superfly (Reply 6):

Duuooh...Didn't Hall and Oats do a song like that?   

Quoting braybuddy (Reply 7):
Next time he appears naked at his front door, you and your girlfriend stand outside, looking below his waist, pointing and laughing at the same time.

If he's got a brain he'll laugh back and say something like, "it's not loaded yet!".
Warm winds blowing, heating blue skies, a road that goes forever, I'm going to Texas!

MD11Engineer

Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:31 am

My mother told me that once back in the early 1970s she encountered an exhibitionist (those guys witha long raincoat, but no pants beneath) while walking in a park in Berlin. Now, since she is registered nurse "she has seen it all before". She just looked at the guy´s private parts (wich were "loaded and cocked") and said "You should really get washed!". The offending organ turned into a boiled spaghetti imediately and the guy scooted off.

Jan
Je Suis Charlie et je suis Ahmet aussi

ltbewr

Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:57 am

This should be seriously dealt with. He may be violating not only indecent exposure laws, but any indecent exposure to minors could be considered in most places a serious sex crime. Yes, maybe he is a bit of a freak, I also understand perhaps not wanting to put this person on lifelong sex offender lists with it's own problems, but this is still wrong and needs to be ended, as least as to his behavior outside of his apartment.

babybus

Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:14 pm

A friend of mine in Finland had the same problem. The guy in the opposite flats walked around naked. She sent him a letter saying that she could see him from her flat and asked him to either dress or put up curtains.

I think he put up curtains in the end.

There's your solution, drop him a note.
and with that..cabin crew, seats for landing please.

PanHAM

Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:15 pm

Blimey, ltbewr, you mistake terrorist with nudist.

There's a guy in frankfurt who walks naked on the street, does his shopping and everything, he's called the "naked Joerg". Everyone in the neighborhood knows him and he is simply left alone. Of course there's some kind of mental disorder but he's no harm.
Was Erlauben Erdogan!!!

Superfly

Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:31 pm

Quoting ltbewr (Reply 11):
This should be seriously dealt with. He may be violating not only indecent exposure laws, but any indecent exposure to minors could be considered in most places a serious sex crime. Yes, maybe he is a bit of a freak, I also understand perhaps not wanting to put this person on lifelong sex offender lists with it's own problems, but this is still wrong and needs to be ended, as least as to his behavior outside of his apartment.

Relax. He's just a naked guy.

Quoting PanHAM (Reply 13):
There's a guy in frankfurt who walks naked on the street, does his shopping and everything, he's called the "naked Joerg". Everyone in the neighborhood knows him and he is simply left alone. Of course there's some kind of mental disorder but he's no harm.

Living in San Francisco for 15 years, I'd see naked guys walk around in parks occasionally. When ever there was an anti-Bush rally or pro-bicycle awareness rally, there were always a few naked guys showing up. For what ever reason, the protest against the Olympics in China and the running of the torch through San Francisco attracted a lot of nudist.
I posted photos here but they were deleted.
Bring back the Concorde

YokoTsuno

Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:11 pm

There's a guy in frankfurt who walks naked on the street,

In summer near the Isar river in Munich, there are more nude people than dressed ones. Got to be careful. One of these days I am going to get arrested by the German police for indecent-concealment .

Blimey, ltbewr, you mistake terrorist with nudist.
Quoting ltbewr (Reply 11):
This should be seriously dealt with

Still amazes me how Americans, Asians and Europreans react completely different on the exact same problem.

seb146

Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:31 pm

Quoting YokoTsuno (Reply 15):
Still amazes me how Americans, Asians and Europreans react completely different on the exact same problem.

I (American) was actually going to weigh in and say: as long as he is not touching himself or children, why make an issue of it? I live in one of the most conservative counties in California and we are not even allowed to be nude in our own back yard. If you feel you must do something about it, leave him a note. Otherwise, as long as he is not touching himself or children, leave the situation alone.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!

Delboy

Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:55 pm

Don't look you pervert and don't post about it happening on a website like this. It attracts all the saddos and wanabees to comment........a bit like my good self.

Have a nice (naked) day.

PanHAM

Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:58 pm

Quoting YokoTsuno (Reply 15):
I am going to get arrested by the German police for indecent-concealment .

Lie flat on your tummy.   No, don't worry, you will not get arrested for that in Germany, if, at all, a friendly remidner from a police officer.
Was Erlauben Erdogan!!!

Superfly

Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:19 pm

Quoting dxing (Reply 9):
Duuooh...Didn't Hall and Oats do a song like that?

That was private eyes.
Not private dick.
Different part of the body.
Bring back the Concorde

Ken777

Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:50 pm

Think about how different this three would have been if the neighbor had been a really lice looking woman!

The number of people willing to bring the beer for a party would have been impressive

FingerLakerAv8r

Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:11 pm

In my neck of the woods "cocking" a 12 gauge Winchester should send a clear message...

mirrodie

Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:13 pm

Dude, did the title initially read, "My wife walks around naked"??

I swear thats what I thought I read.....and here I was thinking, wahts the problem??

Anyway, if he walks out the house that way, its pretty cut and dry to me. Call the cops.
Forum moderator 2001-2010; He's a pedantic, pontificating, pretentious bastard, a belligerent old fart, a worthless st

Aesma

Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:12 pm

Personally I think this shouldn't be illegal, if it is. And every time there is an argument against banning the full veil, I answer that I can't go about naked, so, the state does decide what people can and cannot wear.

Well, for now, because there is a French man that is going to the European Court of Human Rights to fight the current law (the law is not even the problem, since they have the same in Spain but they don't convict him there, because what he does is not of a sexual nature).
New Technology is the name we give to stuff that doesn't work yet. Douglas Adams

Gonzalo

Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:22 pm

Is this thread a Spin Off of the Friend's Naked Guy ??

Now seriously, why are people with such a bad taste to walk around all naked ? I remember one day I saw my ( old and ugly ) neighbour strapped only with a small nightgown and I almost vomit my breakfast...

You should leave it a note like this :
Come on people, get serious, when someone wants to see naked people, there are lots of websites for that, with GORGEOUS naked people to look at. PLEASE, Keep your personal disgrace for yourself.

Rgds.

G.
Gear Up!!: DC-3 / EMB-110 / FH-227 / A318-19-20-21 / B732 / B763 / B789 / B788 / A343 / ATR72-600

NoUFO

Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:49 pm

Quoting seb146 (Reply 16):
I (American) was actually going to weigh in and say: as long as he is not touching himself or children, why make an issue of it? I live in one of the most conservative counties in California and we are not even allowed to be nude in our own back yard. If you feel you must do something about it, leave him a note. Otherwise, as long as he is not touching himself or children, leave the situation alone.

Sounds reasonable but kids could be irritated - like those of the woman/man who pinned this note at the front door of the neighboring apartment house:

Tagesspiegel Berlin

To the young, dark haired lady with shaved genitals living on the 3rd floor

Next time you copulate with a fat guy while standing at the window, close the blinds please. We have kids.
I support the right to arm bears

KingFriday013

Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:20 am

Used to work for security at my school... this would be indecent exposure at the minimum. Might be civil disturbance if you're not the only one bugged about it, could go as crim mischief too. Wouldn't say disturbed person just yet but it's certainly a possibility.

I'm just looking at my 10-code sheet so I could be wrong on what this would be technically... but if I were on the job and this happened, I'd call in at least a couple of these.

-J.
Will add later

stasisLAX

Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:38 am

Quoting Superfly (Reply 19):
That was private eyes.
Not private dick.
Different part of the body.

Oh my, Larry. That is hilarious.

This guy is probably mentally unstable or perhaps on "mind altering" drugs. I would contact the property manager directly and inform them of the situation. I once had a neighbor that took showers in the sprinkers on the side lawn of my apartment building when I lived in Long Beach. That poor guy was seriously mentally ill and wasn't taking his medication as prescribed, so I would be VERY careful if you decide to confront this gentlemen.
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety!" B.Franklin

Acheron

Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:51 pm

My neighbour walks around naked in his apartment..and I've also seen him getting his mail from the letterbox outside
.all he does all day long is sit in front of his mac

Coincidence?.   

I think not.   

IMissPiedmont

Sat Nov 05, 2011 4:21 pm

Wow a naked body, how terrible. I just don't see what the big deal is, there's nothing you've never seen before and if he's just walking around, why worry.
The day you stop learning is the day you should die.

Revelation

Sat Nov 05, 2011 4:43 pm

Quoting Superfly (Reply 6):

Seems strange to hire a private dick to deal with a public dick, says I...  

MD-90

Sat Nov 05, 2011 4:52 pm

Good grief most of my fellow Americans are such prudes! I'm a Bible-thumping Southern Baptist in Alabama and even I don't think it's a big deal. What's wrong with being polite and leaving a note from "A Neighbor" in his mailbox that respectfully requests that he cover up when he gets his mail?

Stretch 8

Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:14 pm

try and find out if he is well-hung.
Maggs swings, it's a drive deep to left! The Tigers are going to the World Series!!!

Superfly

Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:56 am

Quoting MD-90 (Reply 31):
Good grief most of my fellow Americans are such prudes!

The thread starter is from Australia.

Quoting Revelation (Reply 30):
Seems strange to hire a private dick to deal with a public dick, says I...

If he is in his own apartment, its a private dick.

Quoting Stretch 8 (Reply 32):

If he is 8 inches, then we has reason to believe it's you!
Bring back the Concorde

MD11Engineer

Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:34 pm

Quoting Stretch 8 (Reply 32):

a former A-netter?   

Wellhung used to be a forum member.

Jan
Je Suis Charlie et je suis Ahmet aussi

Revelation

Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:38 pm

Quoting Superfly (Reply 33):
If he is in his own apartment, its a private dick.

Ya but the OP said:

..and I've also seen him getting his mail from the letterbox outside..yup..in his birthday suit, not once but several times

Thus it's a public dick for the private dick.

Quoting Superfly (Reply 33):
If he is 8 inches, then we has reason to believe it's you!

We all know you could have taken that in the opposite direction, 'Fly.

In the old days you would have gone with 1" instead of 8".

Are you getting soft in your old age???  

einsteinboricua

Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:51 pm

Am I seriously reading this? So, we complain whenever the government and church control the aspect of your life, but it's OK for them and you to control the aspects of other people's life?

For starters, why are you looking into his house/apartment to see if he's naked? Uncomfortable, put some blinds. He's inside his property. Are we going to tell him how to decorate as well?

Now if he goes out, I agree that some dress code should be observed though it's not like that's illegal.
"You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky."

Revelation

Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:31 pm

Quoting einsteinboricua (Reply 36):
Now if he goes out, I agree that some dress code should be observed though it's not like that's illegal.

Maybe not where you live, but around here it's cause for charges of public indecency and/or lewdness.

something

Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:25 pm

Quoting Babybus (Reply 12):
I think he put up curtains in the end.

There's your solution, drop him a note.
Quoting TSS (Reply 8):
has anyone considered slipping him an anonymous note in his mailbox? Something along the lines of "Sir, please do your neighbors the honor of putting on clothes before going outside your apartment" should be good for starters.
Quoting Superfly (Reply 14):
Relax. He's just a naked guy.
Quoting seb146 (Reply 16):
If you feel you must do something about it, leave him a note. Otherwise, as long as he is not touching himself or children, leave the situation alone.
Quoting MD-90 (Reply 31):
What's wrong with being polite and leaving a note from "A Neighbor" in his mailbox that respectfully requests that he cover up when he gets his mail?

Quoting FingerlakerAv8r (Reply 21):
In my neck of the woods "cocking" a 12 gauge Winchester should send a clear message...

Reacting to nudity with violence. Glad you got your priorities right mate..

Nudists are weird people, no doubt. But if you can't stand seeing a naked person and feel the need to get authorities involved, then I think you have the bigger problem. If my neighbors did that, I'd simply look the other way and frankly, I'd much rather have that than screaming children or barking dogs around me. Or a guy who is legally in his right to ''cock a 12 gauge Winchester'' to threaten his neighbors.
I grew up in Europe and have vivid memories of times at the beach in my childhood, where I was literally surrounded by topless women. Never in a million years would it have occurred to me that one day I'd meet a person who'd complain about that. Even little me was quite enthused..

If you want to have the right and freedom to live your life the way you want it, you have to give others the same right. If you think you can't bear it though, write the guy a note and hope he's considerate enough. If he isn't.. people in Africa have nothing to eat. Your life is fine.
..sick of it. -K. Pilkington.

Superfly

Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:44 pm

Quoting einsteinboricua (Reply 36):

Technically nudity isn't violating any 'dress codes' because they're undressed.  
Not sure how the fashion cops would handle this one.

Quoting Revelation (Reply 35):
In the old days you would have gone with 1" instead of 8".

Nah I'm just becoming more modest.

Quoting something (Reply 38):
Nudists are weird people,

No we're not.  
Bring back the Concorde

bjorn14

Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:30 am

Quoting Revelation (Reply 1):
You can file a complaint with the police. In the US, this could be "indecent exposure" or "lewdnes". I'm sure your local juristiction has a charge that is appropriate. If you have a photo for evidence, it'd be even better.

Or disturbing the peace
"I want to know the voice of God the rest is just details" --A. Einstein