Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

something
Topic Author

Who Watches ''Life's Too Short'' On TV?

Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:51 pm

The reason I am asking is because I honestly believe it's one of the most brilliant comedies to ever be written. Which is why most people won't get the joke. So are there any a.netters that do see the genius in this clip (from the show)?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKTh7zBIcrM
..sick of it. -K. Pilkington.

MasterBean

RE: Who Watches ''Life's Too Short'' On TV?

Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:18 pm

I do and this it is amusing but some imbecile who writes in the sun thinks it's twoddle. But I he thinks he's an idiot so there.

trident3

Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:14 pm

The premise of the series is good and it is very good but, it is a bit samey, not really that much different from Extras.
I think that Rev, the programme that preceeds it on a Thursday night on the BBC is a much better show:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ca_9OUD057Q&feature=related
"We are the warrior race-Tough men in the toughest sport." Brian Noble, Head Coach, Great Britain Rugby League.

GDB

Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:09 am

I agree with Trident3, While Life's Too Short is good, it's not as good as Rev.
That show was, last year in it's first series, a slow burner, the actor playing 'Rev' Tom Hollander says he knew this when at last year's Latitude music festival, people started calling him with 'Rev'.

tcasalert

Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:28 pm

I watched the first episode but didn't find it that funny.

The thing I don't get is, in "An Idiot Abroad" (genius by the way), when KP visited a midget theme-park in China, Warwick Davis was very outspoken about how it is classed as exploitation, midgets are normal people and should not be exploited or made fun of.

Yet here is the same guy in his own TV show totally based primarily around the fact he is a midget, exploiting that to his own advantage. Is it any different purely because he's cashing in on it? He even has his own casting agency especially for dwarves.
Next flight: Feb 2012 - BHX-CPH-BHX - SK MD87 / CRJ900

GDB

Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:22 pm

Quoting TCASAlert (Reply 4):
Yet here is the same guy in his own TV show totally based primarily around the fact he is a midget, exploiting that to his own advantage. Is it any different purely because he's cashing in on it? He even has his own casting agency especially for dwarves.

Isn't the point of the show to take the piss out of lazy stereotypes?
While Davis plays a rather grotesque and exaggerated version of himself - (in much the same way as Gervais became David Brent), his fellow Dwarfs do not for the most part.
Beyond that, it's a showbiz satire, with the trick from Extras of having very well known actors again playing exaggerated versions of themselves too.

The show was apparently Warwick Davies own idea.

It had quite a moment last week, when an outraged Davis took umbrage at an aggressively insulting troll on his website, tracking the troll down to a school, with a name, he barged into a classroom demanding to see the troll-er along with a barrage of insults, mostly highly inappropriate in front of teenagers, demanding his humiliation.
Then the Troll emerged, a severely disabled teenage boy in a motorised wheelchair, looking like a younger version of Steven Hawking.

'My Family', this show isn't.