Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

zippyjet
Topic Author

Jumping The Shark Updated

Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:31 am

Jump The Shark: When a TV show or for that matter any other person, place or thing has past it's peak. John Hein started this fantastic web site but then sold it to TV Guide. Sadly TV Guide deleted some of the funniest threads and eventually let this concept fade away. So, what are your Jump The Shark TV shows, music, popular culture, personalities or whatever else you want to cite that has past it's peak and on a downard spiral. Anything is fair game. And even if something or someone Jumps The Shark it can go up again and experience a renaissance.
BTW Jump The Shark refers to Happy Days when Fonzie was water skying and jumped over a shark. By this time Happy Days had been on forever and resorted to gimmicks and lost it's focus to many.

Here are some of mine. This is totally subjective BTW!

"I Love Lucy:" The Ricardos and Mertzes moved to Connecticut.

"My Three Sons" Actually improved when Wm. Frawley Uncle Bub was written out and William Demerest as surly ex sailor Uncle Charley came to save the day. The show Jumped The Shark when Dodie and her mom became part of the Douglass familia.

The Brady Bunch: That bratty towheaded kid came to live with them; Also Robert Reed had that perm.

Love American Style: Jumped The Shark from Day 1

Laugh In: Can't believed we thought this show was funny.

The Odd Couple: Second season onward when they had that fake apartment set instead of the original NYC old time apartment like the movie that looked real.

Married With Children: For one season it Jumped when they had that inbred brat named Seven. After they got rid of him the show bounced back.

Bewitched: Changing of the Darren's. The second one Dick Sargent reminded be of Bush 41, and the last 2 seasons Dr. Bombay was the go to for every little problem. Too much of anything can be toxic.

Music:

The Beatles: 1968 did them in. In April of that year they rolled out their own label Apple. Then they went off to India and turned on and tuned out with the Maharishi. They started taking themselves too seriously. Yellow Submarine was an acid trip, The White Album: John, Paul, George and Ringo how could you? Drivel such as Rocky Racoon, Oobladee Ooblada and a slow version of Revolution. However Good Night Sleep Tight and While My Guitar Sadly Weeps redeemed the Fab 4.

Miami Vice: The last 2 seasons, a lot of the pastel was replaced with darkness, a lot of the humor left,

The USA as science and technology leader: The end of the Apollo program, the Cluster that was Skylab and the death of the SST program demonstrated that we were becoming a has been and most of the techno advances came from overseas. Apple and Microsoft sort of reclaimed it.

Napster: Mortally wounded by the recording industry and lawyers

Top 40/commercial radio: 1972 with hits such as the Osmond's Down By The Lazy River, Guilbert O'Sullivan: Alone Again Naturally, Anything Helen Ready. Even before Bieber, Canada exported some doozy losers in the music industry.
Sammy Davis Jr. Candy Man. Chuck Berry: My Ding A Ling. Melanie: Brand New Key
The only saving grace were the OJ's, Ohio Players, Paul MC. Cartney and Wings (they were did in by Hell on Wheels and the I love Sheep (Ewe) Song-Silly Love Songs, The Hollies Curtis Mayfield. etc. By this time I bid top 40 radio a fair ado.

Though I was never a fan of Disco there was some good stuff but Rick Dees (Disco Duck) and the Village People was the kiss of death for the signature of the 70's. "Can't Stop The Music" should be used as persuasion to the political prisoners at Gitmo to get them to fess up.

More to come...
I'm Zippyjet & I approve of this message!

vikkyvik

RE: Jumping The Shark Updated

Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:18 am

"The X-Files" when David Duchovny left. Though, to be fair, some of the episodes even before that were less mystery and more....I dunno, almost satirical or something.

"Lost" during and after Season 4. Seasons 1, 2, and 3 were great. After that it was painful to watch.
I'm watching Jeopardy. The category is worst Madonna songs. "This one from 1987 is terrible".

rampart

Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:23 am

"Jump the Shark" is a desperate attempt of a plot gimmick to attract audience. Changing characters or actors mid-series (e.g. Bewitched, My Three Sons, also Andy Griffith Show) do not count. That's not a gimmick, it's a necessity to replace an actor who leaves for some reason or dies. Also, a show or phenomenon can't jump the shark from the onset, as you suggest disco, Love American Style, or Laugh In.

Your views on Top 40 radio, the Beatles, and science and technology are more personal and time-anchored, not necessarily recognized by society as "jump the shark" moments.

I think the term is hilarious, and, given my age, I immediately recognized it for what it means when I first heard it. It's an irrlelevant term for anyone under the age of 30. So, yes, there needs to be an update: with a different phrase.

-Rampart

zippyjet
Topic Author

Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:28 am

Airplane 2 Jumped. Using the space shuttle instead of a commercial airliner. This sequel didn't have the originality or frenetic comedic energy of Airplane.

The Three Stooges: The best episodes/shorts were with Shemp and especially Curly. Sadly after they both passed Joe Besser was the replacement and he was more like a trucculent stay puft marshmallow.

Batman: (Campy ABC TV series 1966-1968...Lost it's luster after the first season. The sets were cheaper and the Batman craze quickly petered out as we went into that neurotic year 1968. The Monkees also hit the skids toward the end of '67 and 68. Also, the actress who played Aunt Harriet passed.

Get Smart: When it went from CBS to NBS the final season.

The Baltimore Orioles: 1986... the winningest MLB team had their first losing season since 1967. Though they had a few spurts of winning; they've never been the same. Now we have 13 straight losing seasons. Changes in ownership causing the once model farm system to implode and now the current owner and his son's meddling in the baseball related decisions has added to this endless decline.

modernArt

Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:06 am

IMO, the Mike Farrell addition to M*A*S*H as 'BJ Hunnicutt' (at left) was this show's jumping off point. Coupled with Alan Alda's sanctimonious creative contributions at this point in the series along with 'Col Blake's' and 'Maj. Burns' departures, M*A*S*H was unwatchable.

Geezer

Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:20 am

Hey Zippy !!!!

The Beatles......................?

I watched them fly in from U.K. to do Ed Sullivan ...............I guess they were O.K. ( if you're a 13 yr old mini-skirt teenie -bopper ) ( which I'm not )

Oddly enough, they somehow did manage to make one good song ( Hey Jude ), and one fantastic song.........................
(which you just reminded me of, and which I can't pronounce.........."Oobladee, Ooblada" ! Only Beatles song I ever play; I think it's got dope in it or something.......every time I listen to it, I end up listening to it 59 times in a row ! Can't stop listening to it ! ( H. J. I only play once a year )

And one pretty good song........The Octopus's Garden............I like it it too

I'm not much of a "rocker"........my "thing" is Liszt, Verdi, Mozart and Beethoven

Charley

P.S. But I do LOVE CCR...........got EVERYTHING CCR ever did ! We got this CCR "tribute" band ( Blue Moon Swamp ) that come to town every summer (from Chicago).......these guys do CCR better than CCR ever did ! Finally, after we got to know them, turns out the lead player's Dad went to Hi School with Miss Arlie, back in "the day" !
( kid could teach Tom Fogarty a couple of things ! ) ( we gotta learn how to put music on here...............)
Stupidity: Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result; Albert Einstein

2707200X

Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:49 am

The "Jump the Shark" website which is of course long ago deleted was also a favorite of mine.

Shows that move from one network to another stand a good chance of getting canceled very soon as well as long hiatuses.

The departure of a long standing character of a TV Show.

A "very special episode", a big revelation that may also indicate that a show is close to ending.

"The Simpson's" when It was revealed that Principle Skinner's real name was Armand Tamzarian.

"American Dad" when it was found out that Stan Smith was bald and he was wearing a hair piece.

"Family Guy" when Cleveland Brown departs the TV series, I liked Cleveland.

Conan O'Brien on NBC when he went to an earlier hour to replace Leno and he tamed down his program and retired many of the characters and skits of his later hour, that is probably what killed his ratings when he transitioned.

The Discovery Channel when it stopped airing science shows and went toward a different direction though I like "Mythbusters" and "Americas Dirtiest Jobs", I don't care about the other shows.

TLC for the same thing, nothing is watchable, it went from science to Kate + - 8, midgets, and bridezillas.

Nickelodeon as they went from "Nicktoons" from the nineties to "tween comedies".
"And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by." John Masefield Sea-Fever

zippyjet
Topic Author

Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:46 am

Quoting rampart (Reply 2):
Your views on Top 40 radio, the Beatles, and science and technology are more personal and time-anchored, not necessarily recognized by society as "jump the shark" moments.

Actually during Jump The Shark's peak in popularity (early 2000's) there was a book and I believe a spin off web site where one could rate other things that Jumped The Shark besides TV shows.

Also, a show or phenomenon can't jump the shark from the onset, as you suggest disco, Love American Style, or Laugh In.

The original JTS actually had a category you could vote on. Shows that you thought bad out of the gate got the dubious award of JTS day 1.

Goldenshield

Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:14 pm

Quoting zippyjet (Thread starter):
John Hein started this fantastic web site but then sold it to TV Guide. Sadly TV Guide deleted some of the funniest threads and eventually let this concept fade away.

TVTropes, to the rescue!!

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/JumpingTheShark
Two all beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, onions on a sesame seed bun.

sccutler

Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:52 pm

"Dallas," when Bobby Ewing got out of the shower after being dead for a whole season?
...three miles from BRONS, clear for the ILS one five approach...

hOMSaR

Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:54 pm

Quoting 2707200X (Reply 6):
"The Simpson's" when It was revealed that Principle Skinner's real name was Armand Tamzarian.

I vaugely remember that episode, thought it was all right.

For me, it was the late 90s/early 2000s, when they had some celebrity guest appearance on virtually every episode (usually at the end, just randomly thrown in). The true "jumping the shark" moment was when Bart had ADD and suddenly Mark McGwire shows up out of nowhere at the end of the episode.

The show made a rebound a few years ago, but then got to the point where fewer than half the shows had anything funny in them. I haven't watched the show in over a year.
I was raised by a cup of coffee.

rampart

Sun Jan 08, 2012 4:22 pm

Quoting zippyjet (Reply 7):
The original JTS actually had a category you could vote on. Shows that you thought bad out of the gate got the dubious award of JTS day 1.

That's funny! I would say, though, at that point the website "jumped the shark".

My suggestion for "jumping the shark": any sitcom (including animated ones) that began to feature song and dance numbers. I therefore suggest that The Partidge Family jumped the shark from the onset. But that's my opinion. Certainly Drew Carry, Brady Bunch, The Simpsons, qualify in that category.

-Rampart

andz

Sun Jan 08, 2012 4:37 pm

Quoting vikkyvik (Reply 1):
"Lost" during and after Season 4. Seasons 1, 2, and 3 were great. After that it was painful to watch.

Lost "lost" me about half an hour into season 1, episode 1. I never watched any more.
After Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says WTF...

ER757

Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:28 pm

Jump The Shark: When a TV show or for that matter any other person, place or thing has past it's peak.

It was named for the Happy Days episode where Fonzie quite literally jumped a shark. The show was long past its prime before that.

I'll add one: Genesis starting with "Then There Were Three." OK, they handled Gabriel leaving and actually put out a couple really good albums afterwards (Trick of the Tail and Wind and Wuthering). Once Hackett quit though, they got very pop-oriented and lost their direction IMO.

Quoting ModernArt (Reply 4):
IMO, the Mike Farrell addition to M*A*S*H as 'BJ Hunnicutt' (at left) was this show's jumping off point. Coupled with Alan Alda's sanctimonious creative contributions at this point in the series along with 'Col Blake's' and 'Maj. Burns' departures, M*A*S*H was unwatchable.

Absolutely. Very similar to the above mentioned Happy Days, when one character took over the show (Fonzie and Hawkeye respectively) that was the beginning of the end.

727LOVER

Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:47 pm

That musical episode last year of Grey's Anatomy

Who remembers COP ROCK????
"We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

ltbewr

Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:04 pm

I recall other categories of JTS: When the show took on actor Ted McGintley in the cast (although he had a major part in Married with Children). Death (of a major character in real life, or due to a contract dispute, was written off - M.A.S.H, Bewitched); Very Special Episodes (one HOF of JTS was when then "First Lady" Nancy Reagan appeared on the 'Facts of Life' show to plug her 'Just say No' anti-drug program, another was on the show Gary Coleman was on where actor Gordon Jump was a child molester that almost hits on Coleman's character); shifting of showing slot (to boost another show that needed ratings help, or to cover). Contract disputes killed off some characters or shows. Losses of creative people (writers).

Perhaps some new updates should include:

Imitations, when a show concept is copied and the later ones are just not as good as the original or tend to be worse. This is especially true with certain sitcoms, police shows, detective shows and reality shows.

When the economic situation changes. In the 2004-early 2007, there were several 'reality' programs as to property 'flippers', during the property price bubble, showing them buying properties cheap, improving them and reselling for a profit. By late 2006 - early 2007, the peak of pricing was passing in California and the shows started to show flippers getting caught in the early stages of the downturn in the mortgage and pricing.

Real life intrudes. Major acts of violence including assassinations and terrorism like 9/11.

Shifting the time slot around a lot for a show, losing some base viewers.

Actors gone bad on/off set - Charlie Sheen and Two and a Half Men.

Strikes/job actions. The writers strike a few years ago hurt some shows and even killed some off due to less or delayed episodes.

IIRC, only a few shows on JTS were 'nevers' for their runs. One was the police sitcom 'Barney Miller' and another 'WKRP'.

DarkSnowyNight

Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:21 pm

Quoting ER757 (Reply 13):

I'll add one: Genesis starting with "Then There Were Three." OK, they handled Gabriel leaving and actually put out a couple really good albums afterwards (Trick of the Tail and Wind and Wuthering). Once Hackett quit though, they got very pop-oriented and lost their direction IMO.
Invisible Touch was great. Especially The Brazillian

Quoting 727LOVER (Reply 14):

I was just thinking about that the other day...
"Nous ne sommes pas infectés. Il n'y a pas d'infection ici..."

Kent350787

Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:03 am

Quoting darksnowynight (Reply 16):
Invisible Touch was great. Especially The Brazillian

Sorry, ER757's statement was absolutely correct. Although the 3-piece Genesis did have some quite good pop songs they:

1. weren't good prog Genesis
2. don't include invisible touch  
S340/J31/146-300/F27/F50/Nord 262/Q100/200/E195/733/734/738/744/762/763/77W/788/789/320/321/332/333/345/359

Flytravel

Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:56 am

There were many for TV.
Three's Company-Suzanne Somers being fired
Bev. Hills 90210-Shannen Doherty leaving, and the main family eventually disappearing
The OC - Mischa Barton leaving (or her character killed)
Roseanne-Change of Becky
Family Ties-addition of new kid that jumps in age after second season
Growing Pains-addition of new kid that jumps in age after second season
Who's the Boss?-The 90s weren't kind on these family shows, esp. Alyssa Milano's boyish haircut in end of series.
Married with Children-I'd say when the kids (e.g. Applegate) grew up and weren't on as often, and new kid, and too much of Al and his friends instead of family
Cosby Show-kids grown up
Wonder Years-kids growing up
Fresh Prince-can't remember when, but kids growing up, Hillary getting talk show.
Lost-later seasons, storylines not being resolved and making less sense.

More recent:
The Office-subjective as of when, but I'd pin it to Season 5. Too much change, new characters, and lack of storylines.

Shows that didn't jump:
King of Queens
Everybody Loves Raymond
Scrubs (except for maybe last season on ABC that I didn't watch).

Seinfeld, Friends, Cheers and maybe Cosby Show, maybe Full House as well managed to be fine, but some preferred the earlier seasons over the later ones.

I think Modern Family is going down the jump the shark path with too much over-acting, or maybe it's just becoming annoying or unfunny to me now.

[Edited 2012-01-08 19:06:55]

aviateur

Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:01 am

THE CLASH: "Combat Rock"

REM: Anything after the "Reckoning" album in 1984.

THE SIMPSONS: Pretty much any episode from 1997 onward.

Patrick Smith

[Edited 2012-01-08 19:03:44]
Patrick Smith is an airline pilot, air travel columnist and author

vikkyvik

Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:38 am

Quoting 2707200X (Reply 6):
"Family Guy" when Cleveland Brown departs the TV series, I liked Cleveland.

I would theorize that rather than Family Guy jumping the shark at that point, rather the character Cleveland Brown jumped. For proof, watch any episode of The Cleveland Show.

Quoting 727LOVER (Reply 14):
That musical episode last year of Grey's Anatomy

Who remembers Grey's Anatomy?   

Quoting ltbewr (Reply 15):
Actors gone bad on/off set - Charlie Sheen and Two and a Half Men.

A show has to be good for it to be able to jump the shark....
I'm watching Jeopardy. The category is worst Madonna songs. "This one from 1987 is terrible".

zippyjet
Topic Author

Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:58 am

Never Jumped:

• Cold Case
  • So far Undercover Boss though it is a reality show
  • Without A Trace
  • American Dreams
  • Leave It To Beaver and 1960's Dragnet (Both were so dated and kitschy.)

Jumpers:
  • Numb3rs: Increase in frequency of those Nerd mathmatical analogies.
  • 48 Hours-Still a halfway decent show but when they diverted from their original theme of covering a story, persons or things in a 48 hour time frame and reverted to a crime blotter/investigation it Jumped.
  • Peter Gabriel: 1985 abortion (hit) Pseud Pseud Pseudio
  • As mentioned Genesis after Wuthering Heights pandered to be commercial
  • I'm going to get many disagreements on this one but Fleetwood Mac's album Roomers. 70's pop! Listen to their earlier albums and you'd be amazed at the quality of their music.
  • Guess Who: Clap or whatever for the Wolfman featuring Wolfman Jack cackeling.
  • Ringo Starr: Stupid "No No Song" 1975
  • Eastern Airlines- A-Hole greedmeister Frank Lorenzo
  • Top 40 radio even Jumped further over that shark in 1976 or 1977 with Debby Boone's "You Light Up My Life"
  • Tony Orlando and Dawn: Tie A Yellow Ribbon
  • Evil Kanevil with his over the top over hyped BS jump across the Snake River Canyon
  • Jessica Simpson: Always a bimbo but her looks Jumped The Shark when she came out in those Mom jeans looking like she was wearing Depends and her being a pregnant cow. She could get back to her Daisy Duke leggy hotness after she squirts out her love child if she does what other Hollyweird celebs do with personal trainers and drastic exercise get fit programs.
  • Greatfull Dead going disco with Shakedown Street in the mid 70's

• Can't end on a down or heiffer note:

Jessica Simpson can't sing but she sure as heck looked smoking hot in a pair of Daisy Duke shorts!

[Edited 2012-01-08 23:04:33]

aerdingus

Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:32 pm

IMO, the Mike Farrell addition to M*A*S*H as 'BJ Hunnicutt' (at left) was this show's jumping off point.

I disagree, I think Hunnicutt was fine, it was when Chester came in ughhhhhhhh   

I think the term is hilarious, and, given my age, I immediately recognized it for what it means when I first heard it. It's an irrlelevant term for anyone under the age of 30.

I'm under 30 (barely)& know what it means  
    Quoting aviateur (Reply 19):
    THE SIMPSONS: Pretty much any episode from 1997 onward.

Quoting zippyjet (Reply 21):
    Jessica Simpson: Always a bimbo but her looks Jumped The Shark when she came out in those Mom jeans looking like she was wearing Depends and her being a pregnant cow.

Funnily enough she wore butt pads under the shorts to make her booty look..ehh...bootier. Nearly as attractive as wearing Depends...

Friends when the creature that is Mondler was created. So irritating to watch.
    A306 A313 A319 A320 A321 A333 A346 A359 ATR42 ATR72 B734 B737 B738 B744 B772 B789 C152 MD80 RJ85 S340

Aloha717200

Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:31 pm

Quoting ER757 (Reply 13):

I dunno about that...Duke is a classic, I'd rate it much higher than And Then There Were Three, and in the same league as Wind and Wuthering. Abacab and Genesis are also great, and sound little like anything that came before or after.

imo where Genesis really lost its way was We Can't Dance. It has a couple of good songs but most of that album just sounds similar to Phil Collins' "tired, washed up" Both Sides sound. Invisible Touch is saved by Domino, The Brazilian, and Tonight Tonight Tonight. Look at the concerts from 1992 as well...the band just seems tired.

as for TV:

Family Guy startng about a year or two ago...but most notably that episode where Brian and Stewie are locked in a bank vault and Brian as to EAT stewie's poop in order to change his diaper. That and the episode where Quagmire starts hating Brian and becomes a total dick towards him. At that point Quagmire stopped being an enjoyable character. The Cleveland Show is also a dismal effort, nowhere near as funny as it was when he was IN Family Guy. General consensus among friends that used to watch family guy is that the show has lost its way.

CplKlinger

Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:43 pm

While I tend to agree at least with Alan Alda's contributions being as you say, sanctimonious, I disagree about Blake and Burns. Those two made the show more comic relief than funny. MASH is a funny thing because it treads a thin line between funny and serious. Blake and Burns kept it too much on the funny side and when they tried to be serious, it never worked for me. Potter on the other hand could do both in an instant, be the serious voice needed and at the same time have some fun. It's hard to describe. The best instance I can point to is the "Rosieland" episode. Watch it and you'll understand. And personally, I can never connect with Burns because he is such a pain (and apparently was in reality, too). Winchester fills his role much more successfully. Winchesters character seems much more developed anyway, whereas Burns had already gone past his peak and into the depths long before he left.

ER757

Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:24 am

Quoting Flytravel (Reply 18):
    Wonder Years-kids growing up

I don't agree on this one. This is one more show that I don't think ever jumped.

Quoting zippyjet (Reply 21):
    Peter Gabriel: 1985 abortion (hit) Pseud Pseud Pseudio

You've got the wrong ex-Genesis singer. That was Phil Collins

YVRLTN

Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:03 am

The Beatles: 1968 did them in. In April of that year they rolled out their own label Apple. Then they went off to India and turned on and tuned out with the Maharishi. They started taking themselves too seriously. Yellow Submarine was an acid trip, The White Album: John, Paul, George and Ringo how could you? Drivel such as Rocky Racoon, Oobladee Ooblada and a slow version of Revolution. However Good Night Sleep Tight and While My Guitar Sadly Weeps redeemed the Fab 4.

Wow! Sacriledge! While I agree India and messing with the Maharishi was not the smartest move and was the beginning of the end of, and while some songs are better than others, I am going to strongly disagree with you for once as I think they are all legendary including those you mention.

Oobladee Ooblada

Tsk tsk, Ob La Di Ob La Da. But knowing you, you mispelled it on purpose   Album is just playing before I opened this thread funnily enough.

Chuck Berry: My Ding A Ling
    Quoting geezer (Reply 5):
    I'm not much of a "rocker"........my "thing" is Liszt, Verdi, Mozart and Beethoven

Roll over Beethoven, tell Tchaikovsky the news! Man, anyone who knocks Chuck Berry must be busy playing with their...  
    Quoting geezer (Reply 5):
    P.S. But I do LOVE CCR

Oh yes!

Anyway, my submission, even if too British for y'all is replacing Mr Lucas (Trevor Bannister) in Are You Being Served. They failed so badly trying to take over his persona. Likewise with Mr Grainger (cant remember his real name of the top of my head, though he did die IIRC).
    Follow me on twitter for YVR movements @vernonYVR

zippyjet
    Topic Author

Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:07 am

Quoting YVRLTN (Reply 26):
    Roll over Beethoven, tell Tchaikovsky the news! Man, anyone who knocks Chuck Berry must be busy playing with their... Quoting geezer (Reply 5):
    P.S. But I do LOVE CCR

Ironic, I liked every other hit Chuck Berry had. Sadly that stupid novelty song was his only number one hit.   

Quoting YVRLTN (Reply 26):
    Tsk tsk, Ob La Di Ob La Da. But knowing you, you mispelled it on purpose Album is just playing before I opened this thread funnily enough.

I'll admit, my spelling leaves much to be desired. When I did the obligatory spell check Ob La Di Ob La Da didn't come up so I took a guess at how it was spelled. Interestingly many critics said the White Album should have been one record not two as there was a lot of songs one normally wouldn't find associated with the Beatles. I tend to be tougher on the great rock icons when in my opinion they put out a stinker song or album. They are human just like us and no one is perfect.

DarkSnowyNight

Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:14 pm

Quoting aerdingus (Reply 22):
    So irritating to watch.

So in other words, no change.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned what became of Roseanne or Drew Carey show...
    "Nous ne sommes pas infectés. Il n'y a pas d'infection ici..."