RE: Slapping A Woman

Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:13 am

I'd never hit a woman, but I sure would shake the shit out of her. - Chris Rock
Nice Trip Report!!! Great Pics, thanks for posting!!!! B747Forever

mmedford

Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:18 am

Seriously; your mate can't take a hit?

Please, women will always be viewed as the weaker sex and in some ways they physical are. If he has a problem, then get rid of her.

But that's my take on it; mind you i'm an asshole at heart and always being hit by some woman, because I don't bite my tounge.
ILS = It'll Land Somewhere

CXB77L

Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:35 am

Quoting ROSWELL41 (Reply 44):
One, in the United States, courts, juries and most law enforcement view the woman as the weaker one and will be more likely to side with her in domestic violence issues.

Do you have links to precedents and case law that supports this claim? If this is true, then where's the justice? Where's the justice for the male victims of domestic violence?

Quoting ROSWELL41 (Reply 44):
Reference numerous divorce cases and the 'battered woman' defense used to justify homicide.

That's different. We're talking about a woman slapping a man, and the man returning it. Not the man who regularly abuses the woman and is subsequently killed by the "battered woman". A slap does not constitue "regular abuse".

Quoting TOMMY767 (Reply 45):
--Woman slaps man and there are witnesses: likely viewed as a misunderstanding or as comical like, "whoa wonder who is the catcher in that relationship?"

--Man slaps woman in retaliation and there are witnesses: The man will likely get arrested. Keeping in mind we're living in modern day society.

That's the bit I don't like. Why should violence, whoever commits it, be treated any differently? Why should violence against men be ignored and swept under the carpet, but violence against women is made out to be a bigger deal than violence against men? I'm not saying one's right. It is never justified to initiate violence, but in my view, retaliation with equal force is more than justified.

Quoting georgetown (Reply 47):
The guy standing behind him picked him up and threw him through the plate-glass window. A couple cops were across the street at Mauna Loa. They heard the commotion and rushed over. Of course they asked what happened, then picked the guy (slapper) up off the ground. They then told him to leave before he got his ass kicked again. Seems to me he got off easy.

Why wasn't this bully (who threw the other through the glass window) arrested for assault occasioning bodily harm? Or even attempted murder? If I was one of those cops, I would've arrested this guy and have him charged. There is enough evidence through CCTV and other witnesses to have him charged and convicted for assault. And if I was the victim, I would've sued this other guy for battery.

Quoting Darksnowynight (Reply 49):
There's always a bigger fish out there. I'm sure sure you'll find that out soon enough though, with habits like that.

I'd love to see the day when a self appointed guardian of chivalry gets a taste of his own medicine. Or, better still, be locked up for several years for assault.
Boeing 777 fanboy

Revelation

Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:40 am

Quoting Darksnowynight (Reply 49):
And lastly, almost 50 replies in this thread... And no links to this classic scene? Really?

Thanks, that's a move I didn't see.

Actually, I was thinking of Chris Rock's opinion on this very subject (NSFW, of course!).
Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world
The heart has its beaches, its homeland and thoughts of its own
Wake now, discover that you are the song that the morning brings
The heart has its seasons, its evenings and songs of its own

slider

Tue Mar 27, 2012 3:45 pm

Quoting AR385 (Thread starter):
Is it ok to return it if you are the male?

According to Islamic law, you're fully justified to do so. There's even a how-to book!

http://www.torontosun.com/2012/03/26...gust-over-muslim-wife-beating-book

tommy767

Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:33 pm

Quoting CXB77L (Reply 52):
That's the bit I don't like. Why should violence, whoever commits it, be treated any differently? Why should violence against men be ignored and swept under the carpet, but violence against women is made out to be a bigger deal than violence against men? I'm not saying one's right. It is never justified to initiate violence, but in my view, retaliation with equal force is more than justified.

At least that's how it is in America -- no matter how TERRIBLE the woman is behaving you have to suck it up. And trust me, girls my age behave like retards when they are drunk.
"KEEP CLIMBING" -- DELTA

Revelation

Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:49 pm

Quoting airtran737 (Reply 50):
I'd never hit a woman, but I sure would shake the shit out of her. - Chris Rock

I hadn't seen your post when I posted #53...

Quoting CXB77L (Reply 52):
Do you have links to precedents and case law that supports this claim? If this is true, then where's the justice? Where's the justice for the male victims of domestic violence?

Women do get arrested and prosecuted for DV. I have seen it happen often enough on reality TV shows. Of course reality TV shows thrive on the unusual, so presumably they show women getting busted because it is less usual than men getting busted.

Current domestic violence laws require someone to be arrested where there is evidence of DV, and if the man is calm and sober and has marks on him, and the woman is drunk and violent and does not have marks on her, the woman is gonna get taken away.

Police officers know there can be someone filming their actions at any time, and most if not all will not let chivalry get in the way of them losing their job and/or pension, or suffering a blemish on their record that may lead to career damage. They also know that chances are good that the arrested party can and will ask for photos to be taken of any marks on them, so they better be able to justify their actions before a judge.
Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world
The heart has its beaches, its homeland and thoughts of its own
Wake now, discover that you are the song that the morning brings
The heart has its seasons, its evenings and songs of its own

11Bravo

Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:24 pm

Quoting tugger (Reply 1):
Sure, why not?

Because it's a crime. Specifically Assault IV DOM in my jurisdiction (Oregon).

We are not talking about an abusive situation, ...

This is absolutely, without question, an abusive situation. Go to jail, both of you, end of discussion.

It is in response to an improper action in the first place by the woman.

It is retaliation, not self-defense. It is assault plain and simple. You cannot hit people unless it is a self-defense situation.
WhaleJets Rule!

Quokkas

Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:01 pm

Quoting 11Bravo (Reply 57):
You cannot hit people unless it is a self-defense situation.

This is an interesting response because it raises the issue of what is an acceptable response.

In some jurisdictions the notion of provocation is allowed, in others it is not.

Other contributors have touched on the notion: battered bride syndrome, etc. Yet courts have allowed retaliation, and worse, where women have argued that they have suffered at the hands of abusive males. There have been examples of women acquitted after cutting of a man's penis! Nobody, in their right minds,could describe that as self defence, but courts have allowed it. Presumably on the grounds of chivalry.  

To a normal person (which excludes by definition anyone familiar with the law, including lawyers, judges, etc) BEING ABLE TO CUT OFF SOMEONES PENIS does not suggest that a person is in an immediate position of risk. Sure, it may be a response to past actions, but no one could suggest defence as a justification. But the law has allowed it.

The bastard probably deserved it, but if some one was about to cut off your most prized possession, would you let them? Bearing in mind that it is never right to hit a woman.  
“Not to laugh, not to cry, not to hate, but understand.” Spinoza

HorizonGirl

Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:17 pm

Quoting tugger (Reply 35):
Here's the part I'm surprised at.... that people are saying " it is NEVER ok to hit a woman plain and simple" when everyone should be saying: "It is never OK to hit anyone plain and simple". Ever.

I completely agree. Violence is wrong, no matter the sex. It still baffles me how people think that it is somehow less of a crime if a woman is the abuser. Men are victims, too. I am not saying that anything that took place here was right, but perhaps he was acting out in self defense? If he was not defending himself, then he was even worse than her for retaliating.

Nobody should ever hit anybody, ever.

Devon
Flying high on the Wings of the Great Northwest!

747400sp

Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:04 am

A young lady on my ex ship, slap me in the face. Before I reacted, I stop myself, and said that is woman, so I did not hit her.

flymia

Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:34 am

Quoting CXB77L (Reply 38):
If she initiated the violence, why not? Other than some archaic and anachronistic notion of chivalry, why is a man hitting a woman any more wrong than a woman hitting a man, or anyone hitting another regardless of gender, for that matter?

A slap IMO is not violence. Like I said if there is personal injury or safety involved you do what you do what you need to do to keep yourself safe. A girl slapping me is not a dangerous situation and I find it ridiculous any man thinks it is ok to slap back at a woman.

Quoting Revelation (Reply 56):
Women do get arrested and prosecuted for DV. I have seen it happen often enough on reality TV shows.

They most certainly do, I filed plenty of reports the summer I worked at the local state attorney's office with men DV victims.
"It was just four of us on the flight deck, trying to do our job" (Captain Al Haynes)

Jalap

Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:29 pm

Reminds me of a local band, called the 'Violent Husbands'. They are a real funny bunch, in one song they have a line that goes "Just like my grandfather said: if you don't want to leave a trace, just don't hit your woman in the face."

The band is funny, but not a joke. The played the warmup for the Violent Femmes in Brussels a few years ago. Of course, the Violent Femmes were disturbed by a band named like that to do the warmup, but in the end they were happy.

The song is called "Full grown man" and the rest of the lyrics are probably not fit for this website. However, you can see and listen here at about 14:50.

[Edited 2012-03-28 13:42:34]

AirframeAS

Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:57 pm

Quoting MillwallSean (Reply 5):
A man never ever slaps or lays a hand on a woman or a child.
No if or buts.

gentlemen, some manners and chivalry should be left in this world.

So by your logic.... a woman can hit, kick, bite or slap all she wants but a man cannot? Are you serious?!

Quoting seb146 (Reply 9):
Women get away with a lot of abuse because of that.

Quoting aerorobnz (Reply 11):
Equality is Equality in all aspects of life. That is what the feminist activists fought for.

The problems with this logic is that they want more. Men gave them what they wanted but they still want more. Where do we draw the line?

Quoting CXB77L (Reply 21):
Why isn't there a societal outrage when men are victims of domestic violence, yet when women are the victim, the male perpetrator is treated as scum?

I agree. Why do women get more protections than men do even though there are some men out there who are actually scum and ruin the reputation for the rest of us? It makes no sense. What more do women want? Why do we men have to take the blame for domestic violence when, in a situation, the guy is not the culprit to begin with? But then again, where do we draw the line? What about Men's rights?
A Safe Flight Begins With Quality Maintenance On The Ground.

usflyer msp

Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:30 pm

This is one my favourite woman-slapping videos...

http://youtu.be/yMxEayIKjHA

Most of the women in I know would have kicked his arse after that slap...what some people put up with in the name of religion?????

zippyjet

Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:49 am

At least your friend's squeeze didn't do a Bobbitt and de schlong your friend. On paper, I say no problem with him slapping her back since she instigated the slap happy antics. However, if I was in that situation I don't know if I could slap a woman. Maybe I'm a product of my parents who were the working class version of Ward and June Cleaver mixed with George Costanza's parents and Ralph and Alice (The Honeymooners)
I'm Zippyjet & I approve this message!

Mudboy

Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:56 pm

Any man that even considers hitting a woman, has serious issues with his manhood. It is called being a man, and being in control of your emotions. If a woman I were with, was about to slap me, I do know how to block, really hard, and she would not feel like trying that again, but I would never, EVER, even consider striking a woman, you are not a man, in my eyes, if you do that.

Ken777

Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:21 pm

Did your friend know that the gal was a nut case? That is the core problem in the situation. Far better to put distance from the nut case than to slap her back.

Quoting seb146 (Reply 9):
Women get away with a lot of abuse because of that.

And wise men simply get away from women like that.

Quoting CXB77L (Reply 15):
As far as I'm concerned, chivalry is dead. Good riddance.

Not for everyone. Chivalry is a tradition that is simple to live up to and enjoyable as well. Maybe the term "good manners" is easier to understand.

AirframeAS

Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:40 pm

Quoting Mudboy (Reply 66):
Any man that even considers hitting a woman, has serious issues with his manhood.

His "theme park" has nothing to do with it.   

Quoting Mudboy (Reply 66):
If a woman I were with, was about to slap me, I do know how to block, really hard, and she would not feel like trying that again, but I would never, EVER, even consider striking a woman, you are not a man, in my eyes, if you do that.

So you'll let her continue with the abuse, and you're not allowed to retaliate? Oh, yeah, that is a man. Yeah, okay.   

Mudboy

Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:29 pm

Quoting AirframeAS (Reply 68):
So you'll let her continue with the abuse, and you're not allowed to retaliate? Oh, yeah, that is a man. Yeah, okay.

I don't any woman that could kick my ass, so they could try all they want, just because I know I could hurt them in retaliation, does not mean I have to, or would?
The way I was raised, if I ever saw a man hit a woman, his ass is getting kicked, YOU DO NOT HIT WOMEN!! And as I said, if you do, you are not a man in my eyes! You can try and defend it any way you wish, but a real man, does not hit a woman, only wimps!

garpd

Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:46 pm

Quoting Mudboy (Reply 69):
The way I was raised, if I ever saw a man hit a woman, his ass is getting kicked, YOU DO NOT HIT WOMEN!!

In todays modern society, this point of view is as old fashioned as it is ill-advised.

I've seen MANY a woman physically abuse men openly on the street. More often than not, they scream "What you gonna do about it, I'm a woman" at the top of their lungs. Quite rightly, I've seen some men defend themselves and use reasonable force to subdue the crazy bint. Sometimes the man tries to walk away, but then her friends join in. This usually ends up with club bouncers (door men) or the police pulling the woman off of the man.

On top of this, many women are convicted of murder in the home. Should I stand there and take it when my girlfriend/wife decided to carve me up with a knife? Of course not... I'm going to use whatever I need to, to ward her off.

You on the other hand, are dead meat it would seem.

Women want equality. I say they should have it, in every aspect of life. And if that means a man is going to hit back when she thrashes out, then so be it.

[Edited 2012-04-01 13:49:02]
arpdesign.wordpress.com

CXB77L

Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:25 am

Quoting garpd (Reply 70):
Women want equality. I say they should have it, in every aspect of life. And if that means a man is going to hit back when she thrashes out, then so be it.

Precisely.

There are women out there that hide behind the age old "can't hit a woman" mantra and use that to their advantage. Where do we draw the line? When do we say, "enough is enough", and retaliate using equal or reasonable force to subdue the attacker, regardless of gender? When do we get to see an attacker for who he/she is, rather than seeing whether the attacker is a woman first?

More importantly, why do we, in this day and age of equality, still feel the need to protect women under the pretense of some archaic notion of chivalry? Can women not fend for themselves?
Boeing 777 fanboy

StarAC17

Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:36 am

I don't any woman that could kick my ass, so they could try all they want, just because I know I could hurt them in retaliation, does not mean I have to, or would?

Maybe not in hand to hand combat but women are more than capable of picking up a blunt object and striking you with that.

Maybe you don't hit her but as Chris Rock says you can shake the sh*t out of one or grab them just to the point of them feeling pain and give them a stern warning not to do it again.
Engineers Rule The World!!!!!

AirframeAS

Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:56 pm

if I ever saw a man hit a woman, his ass is getting kicked.....

Good luck explaining that to a judge when your ass gets landed in jail for assault, battery and other charges that the DA would put up against you. You would lose, badly. Sometimes, this is not your battle.

YOU DO NOT HIT WOMEN!!

And women cannot hit men, period.

Quoting garpd (Reply 70):

I agree with everything you have said. And to add, I've witnessed some of the examples you mentioned in your post numerous times. The woman ends up being the one arrested and jailed in your scenarios.

Quoting StarAC17 (Reply 72):
women are more than capable of picking up a blunt object and striking you with that.

Women are just as dangerous as men are.

ScarletHarlot

Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:29 am

Quoting airportugal310 (Reply 37):
What would be nice is if we had some female prospective on the subject.

As you wish!  
Quoting tugger (Reply 35):
Why is anyone limiting it to a certain sex? It is simply not OK to hit someone. Period.

Exactly. The OP's friend should have walked away. Nothing more, nothing less. The woman should NEVER have slapped him. He should NEVER have slapped her back. And...

Quoting luv2fly (Reply 46):
He should ditch the b*tch, ASAP that is for sure.

Absolutely. What an unhealthy relationship!

No. A real man - and a real woman - would realize that the situation is unhealthy, and would walk away without retaliating, and would not expose themselves to it again.

It's all about being the bigger person and about realizing that - for your OWN sake - you're in an unhealthy situation that isn't going to get any better. *Why* would anybody be interested in being with someone who would smack you like that? So you don't hit back - you walk away and don't look back.
But that was when I ruled the world

AirframeAS

Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:16 am

Quoting ScarletHarlot (Reply 74):
A real man - and a real woman - would realize that the situation is unhealthy, and would walk away without retaliating, and would not expose themselves to it again.

Kinda hard to do that when the couple is married..... getting a divorce is easier said than done.

It's all about being the bigger person and about realizing that - for your OWN sake - you're in an unhealthy situation that isn't going to get any better. *Why* would anybody be interested in being with someone who would smack you like that?

Again, when you are married... it makes it more difficult.

So you don't hit back - you walk away and don't look back.

When you are married, sometimes you just have to hit back to diffuse problems. But then again, that does not always work.

ScarletHarlot

Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:05 am

Quoting AirframeAS (Reply 75):
When you are married, sometimes you just have to hit back to diffuse problems.

You don't just get to the point where someone hits someone with no warning. And if you do end up with someone hitting each other in a marriage, it should cause such sorrow that both parties should be horrifed and immediately stand down and figure out how to fix the marriage where it has gone bad. The last thing you want to do is escalate by returning the hit!
But that was when I ruled the world

AirframeAS

Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:15 am

Quoting ScarletHarlot (Reply 76):
And if you do end up with someone hitting each other in a marriage, it should cause such sorrow that both parties should be horrifed and immediately stand down and figure out how to fix the marriage where it has gone bad.

I agree. Totally agree. Sometimes, for me, it seems like if I am gonna get hit by my "wife", I should be able to retaliate back. I mean it is fair. An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth. But I do see your point though.

Quoting ScarletHarlot (Reply 76):
The last thing you want to do is escalate by returning the hit!

True... It is hard to resist even when tempers flare up! It would suck!

airtran737

Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:37 am

I'd hit this woman if she came at me

If they fight you like a man, then you can hit them like a man.
Nice Trip Report!!! Great Pics, thanks for posting!!!! B747Forever

AirframeAS

Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:44 am

Quoting airtran737 (Reply 78):
I'd hit this woman if she came at me

Is that man or a woman?   

4holer

Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:49 am

Unpuff your chest, laugh at her, and be a man and walk. You should be able to take a hit from a woman since you're such a manly man, right? You should also be enough of a man to then eject this woman from your life, and maybe the kid's life if applicable. (That's why bringing in the law is a good idea, because big picture, you gotta cover your ass)
Ghosts appear and fade away.....................

AirframeAS

Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:51 am

Quoting 4holer (Reply 80):
(That's why bringing in the law is a good idea, because big picture, you gotta cover your ass)

Sometimes the law won't do a damn thing. The cops will just laugh and walk away when a woman hits a man. But when a man hits a woman, the man ends up being the one hauled off to jail. It's like a one way street: Ok for women to hit, but not ok for men to hit. WTH?!

4holer

Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:12 am

Quoting AirframeAS (Reply 81):
But when a man hits a woman, the man ends up being the one hauled off to jail. It's like a one way street: Ok for women to hit, but not ok for men to hit. WTH?!

I know it is stupid, but sometimes life isn't fair. But at least more and more, the cops know they need to act on violent women as well.
Ghosts appear and fade away.....................