Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

GuitrThree

RE: 2012 NHL Play Off Thread

Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:12 pm

Ugggh.
Last nights game was ugly. Preds full of rust the first half of the game then when they finally turned it on Smitty shut the door. Wow is he good. Maybe if the Preds play more than a half of a game they will have the series. Funny thing is that Gill looked the most ready of all the Preds and he hasn't played since early April.

Still not worried, yet.

I do have a new found respect for the Coyote's goalie. Good Job. No, check that, great job.

Good job by the ref's. No blown calls that I can recall. But seriously, what the deal with the linesmen? Every freakin' face off they are swatting someone out, and it goes both ways. It's almost getting funny, but it's not. Drop the puck and move on already..... I've noticed, while the refs drop the puck a lot less, there is almost none of this nonsense when they do it.
Towards the end of the game both teams came to the face off with TWO centers, because they knew this was going to happen. I think this should be a new stat, % of faceoffs where a center has been removed.
As Seen On FlightRadar24! Radar ==> F-KBNA5

PHX787

Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:51 pm

Quoting GuitrThree (Reply 100):
I do have a new found respect for the Coyote's goalie. Good Job. No, check that, great job.

You now know why those of us here in PHX are all pumped up. at the beginning of the season, we all had huge doubts about Smitty. Now we're 3 games from moving on further in the playoffs.

Now Pekka is a goalie, I'll give him that. I was a member of Mitch Korn's goalie camp a few years back, and I can clearly see that Pekka is an amazing goalie based on the training I received from Coach Mitch (the goalie coach for the preds.)

This will be an interesting series.
Follow me on twitter: www.twitter.com/phx787

EA CO AS

Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:53 am

Quoting PHX787 (Reply 101):
Now we're 3 games from moving on further in the playoffs.

Two.  
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem - government IS the problem." - Ronald Reagan

Comments made here are my own and are not intended to represent the official position of Alaska Air Group

connies4ever

Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:32 pm

Quoting GuitrThree (Reply 100):
Good job by the ref's. No blown calls that I can recall. But seriously, what the deal with the linesmen? Every freakin' face off they are swatting someone out, and it goes both ways. It's almost getting funny, but it's not. Drop the puck and move on already

Absolutely. I can't recall seeing more dismissals from the face-off than this year. Not sure the reason but it is irritating, I agree, drop the frickin' puck ! I know from my intermediate hockey days there was nothing worse than a linesman who dithered on the drop. And, of course, if you barked at him, you risked a misconduct penalty.

It does tug at the heart to see the Yotes doing so well. I still have a heart-to-heart connection with them. Was an original Jets season ticket holder (1972) and shareholder when they went public (1975). Have been to a couple of Coyotes games in the initial period after moving, but now I think, for better or for worse, I will stick with Jets 2.0.
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.

PHX787

Tue May 01, 2012 3:01 am

Quoting EA CO AS (Reply 102):
Two.

Hell yeah! what a game. Best they've played the entire playoffs!

NASCARAirforce

Tue May 01, 2012 3:37 am

Kinda lost interest since the Wings went out in 5. I will start paying attention again though in the Conference finals and of course will watch the Cup finals as I always do

GrahamHill

Tue May 01, 2012 4:50 am

The Kings now lead the series 2-0. I don't know what happened to St-Louis in the first period (I have not watched the game), but conceding 4 goals, of which two in just over a minute, is quite worrysome on home ice and at this stage of the season.
"A learned fool is more foolish than an ignorant one" - Moliere

GrahamHill

Wed May 02, 2012 2:19 pm

Marc Bergevin is the new GM of Montreal:

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=630394&navid=DL|NHL|home

WestJet747

Wed May 02, 2012 4:52 pm

Quoting GrahamHill (Reply 107):
Marc Bergevin is the new GM of Montreal:

Note the blatant hiring of a Montrealer. All 3 candidates were Montreal natives. It drives me absilutely up the wall that the Molsons go out of their way to hire based on geography and language as opposed to who is the best fit for the team. I guarantee you that they didn't even look outside of Quebec, which will be no different than what they will do for the HC position.   
Flying refined.

GrahamHill

Thu May 03, 2012 6:37 pm

Quoting WestJet747 (Reply 108):

Do you imply that Quebecers are too dumb to do the job? If you have talent inside Quebec, why looking somewhere else?

Who would have been your ideal candidate, then?

WestJet747

Thu May 03, 2012 7:57 pm

How about Pekka Rinne last night eh?! Some masterful goaltending!

Quoting GrahamHill (Reply 109):
Do you imply that Quebecers are too dumb to do the job?

I'm a Quebecer, so I sure hope not!  
If you have talent inside Quebec, why looking somewhere else?

But there is plenty more talent outside of Quebec. There is a trend in Montreal to not look elsewhere.

I look at it this way: My company is located in Southern Ontario, does that mean my company should only consider candidates from Southern Ontario, even if some of the best business schools are here?

My answer: No. Common business sense would dictate that recruitment has no borders. The Habs should at least look at some of the great coaches that are available who aren't bilingual Quebecois.

Who would have been your ideal candidate, then?

Scotty Bowman obviously!...joking aside, I wouldn't have minded if Marc Crawford were in the running. I was always a big fan of his. I also wouldn't be opposed to seeing Guy Carbonneau brought back, but for all I know he was actually considered and had turned down the offer given his current position.
Flying refined.

GrahamHill

Fri May 04, 2012 3:11 pm

Will the Kings sweep the 2nd best team in the West?  Wow!
Quoting WestJet747 (Reply 110):
Common business sense would dictate that recruitment has no borders

As a Frenchman working in Montreal (and who worked 7 years in Ireland before that), I could not agree more 
some of the great coaches that are available who aren't bilingual Quebecois

I'm not going into that debate.

Marc Crawford

There are rumours he is on the list for the coach position.

GuitrThree

Sat May 05, 2012 2:50 am

Congrats Coyote's! Looks like you won't have to travel far to play the Kings in the next round...

I'm throwing in the towel. Smitty just too good. Going to be a fantastic Western conference final series. Quick -vs- Smith.

I think every game goes 3 OT's!!

PHX787

Sat May 05, 2012 9:06 am

Quoting GuitrThree (Reply 112):
I'm throwing in the towel. Smitty just too good. Going to be a fantastic Western conference final series. Quick -vs- Smith.

One more game u know -_- lol

but I agree. Mike Smith is a force to be reckoned with. That guy learned something this year and I'm not sure what it is, but damn, it's helping us out quite a bit!

srbmod

Mon May 07, 2012 7:30 pm

Looks like the Coyotes fans may have something else to cheer for at tonight's game against Nashville. The NHL is scheduled to announce that they have struck a deal with an ownership group led by former Sharks CEO Greg Jamison to purchase the franchise and keep them in Glendale.

http://www.bizjournals.com/phoenix/m...announce-phoenix-coyotes-deal.html

Of course it's not a done deal, as seen with previous attempts by the NHL to sell the team falling apart primarily due to the failure of the potential new owners to strike a deal with the City Of Glendale regarding Jobing.com Arena. Hopefully this deal goes through so that the emotional roller coaster Coyotes fans have been on for the last several years can stop (As a former Thrashers fans I can just imagine how rough is as been for those fans. We only had a short emotional roller coaster to deal with.). The team came very close to being sold and relocated back to Winnipeg after last season, as the City Of Glendale agreed to help cover some of the losses for the 2011-2012 season 10 minutes prior to the deadline set for an agreement. The NHL already had True North Sports & Entertainment lined up to buy the team had the deadline passed without an agreement. Once the agreement was made, the green light was given by the NHL for True North to start negotiations with Atlanta Spirit, LLC to purchase the Thrashers. I honestly thought that this was quite likely the Coyotes' last season in Arizona, as there had not been much going on in regards to a sale of the team.

PHX787

Mon May 07, 2012 8:55 pm

Quoting srbmod (Reply 114):
The NHL is scheduled to announce that they have struck a deal with an ownership group led by former Sharks CEO Greg Jamison to purchase the franchise and keep them in Glendale.

http://www.bizjournals.com/phoenix/m...announce-phoenix-coyotes-deal.html

Of course it's not a done deal, as seen with previous attempts by the NHL to sell the team falling apart primarily due to the failure of the potential new owners to strike a deal with the City Of Glendale regarding Jobing.com Arena.

I read an article in today's newspaper that said that the deal by Mr. Jamison is probably the only economical option by the NHL and the Yotes.

it's something to celebrate going into today's game  

srbmod

Mon May 07, 2012 10:01 pm

Quoting PHX787 (Reply 115):

There's quite a few jilted Thrashers fans that wished the NHL cared as much about keeping a team in Atlanta as they do about keeping a team in Phoenix (Many fans hoped that the Phoenix situation would be dealt with a lot quicker in the hopes that the NHL would then take over the Thrashers. The ownership in Atlanta had pretty much given up on their ownership of the club after hosting the All-Star Game in 2008, and ran the team as close to the salary floor as they could and even then, they were losing money since one of the partners was not obligated to contribute capital due to his lawsuit with the other owners.). The relocation of the Thrashers was the first time the NHL charged a relocation fee, which was doled out amongst the other NHL owners (although former Thrashers majority owner got a large chunk of that relocation fee, which honestly seemed a tiny bit unethical) essentially to reimburse some of the money the other NHL teams had injected in keeping the Coyotes afloat. The NHL should have gotten the Phoenix situation settled before even entertaining the idea of allowing a team to relocate, as the fans in Phoenix have been getting strung along for way too long and the uncertainty most definitely affected ticket sales and helped get the hopes up of some folks in Hamilton and Quebec City.

Side note, the Coyotes' former ECHL affiliate, the Las Vegas Wranglers are in the Kelly Cup Finals. Their current ECHL affiliate, the Gwinnett Gladiators, got eliminated in the first round.

WestJet747

Mon May 07, 2012 11:43 pm

So as I'm leaving the office I find out that Claude Giroux has been suspended a game for head hit. Unfortunately I missed the game and didn't see it, so I rushed home to Youtube it. My first reaction was pretty mixed. Honestly, Zubrus needs to man up. I've seen harder hits in house league peewee hockey. There was no reason he needed to stay down that long and play it up, he wasn't even hurt! (he needs to take notes from the Kazakh player you got blown up yesterday by that French player, and still skated away) But regardless of severity, a hit to the head is a hit to the head, and I don't think there's any doubt that Giroux's shoulder made contact with Zubrus' head.

What is everyone's thoughts?

Looks like the Coyotes fans may have something else to cheer for at tonight's game against Nashville. The NHL is scheduled to announce that they have struck a deal with an ownership group led by former Sharks CEO Greg Jamison to purchase the franchise and keep them in Glendale.

There's probably going to be a lot of ticked off Quebecois tonight.

Quoting PHX787 (Reply 115):
I read an article in today's newspaper that said that the deal by Mr. Jamison is probably the only economical option by the NHL and the Yotes.

The only economical option is anyone but the NHL owning the team. I think Bettman went a little offside when it came to this whole ownership fiasco.
Flying refined.

PHX787

Tue May 08, 2012 5:44 am

Quoting WestJet747 (Reply 117):

they made the official announcement tonight at the game.

Oh, by the way: GO COYOTES!!!!!! LA IS GONNA BE TAKEN DOWNNNNNN!!!!!!      

blink182

Tue May 08, 2012 12:12 pm

LA vs. PHX for a trip to the Cup Finals. Six weeks ago who'da thunk it?

Meanwhile, we've got two game sixes to look forward to in the East. Thoughts on a '94 Eastern Conference Finals repeat match up?
Give me a break, I created this username when I was a kid...

GrahamHill

Wed May 09, 2012 2:24 am

Is this going to be a year for the underdogs? LA, Phoenix and now New Jersey!

And Bryzgalov, oh my oh my... What went through his mind in front of Clarkson? For those who missed: http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/console?catid=35&id=177024

[Edited 2012-05-08 19:27:15]

connies4ever

Wed May 09, 2012 7:41 am

Quoting PHX787 (Reply 118):
Quoting WestJet747 (Reply 117):

Indeed. This has emerged rather late in the day, so I wonder how solid the group is. I think there's also some talk of moving back to US Airways arena ?? As long as the situation is resolved. So, yes, disappointed Quebecers, I don't think there is much chance of further expansion in the nearer term. But I guess Florida might be in play, and of course the Islanders.

Congrats to the Coyotes for getting to the Final Four. Lots of kudos to Mike Smith, he's is such a zone right now.

connies4ever

Wed May 09, 2012 10:18 am

Interesting article on possible fate of the Coyotes, from today's Hockey News:

http://www.thehockeynews.com/article...e-will-regret-keeping-Coyotes.html

PHX787

Wed May 09, 2012 6:05 pm

Quoting connies4ever (Reply 121):
Indeed. This has emerged rather late in the day, so I wonder how solid the group is. I think there's also some talk of moving back to US Airways arena ?? As long as the situation is resolved. So, yes, disappointed Quebecers, I don't think there is much chance of further expansion in the nearer term. But I guess Florida might be in play, and of course the Islanders.

The owner has been working extensively with the city of Glendale, so No, i don't think they're going back downtown.

GuitrThree

Wed May 16, 2012 10:00 pm

I made the same prediction of the Preds taking down the Coyotes.. And you see where that got me!

PHX787

Wed May 16, 2012 11:23 pm

Quoting GuitrThree (Reply 124):

I made the same prediction of the Preds taking down the Coyotes.. And you see where that got me!

And now we're getting our asses handed to us by the Kings.

a number of things:
HORRIBLE officiating,
NOT taking shots on the net
HORRIBLE defense
Too much playing with the puck
Not enough clean aggression.

EA CO AS

Thu May 17, 2012 1:51 am

Quoting PHX787 (Reply 125):
a number of things:

Actually, it's just one basic thing; they're not creating enough traffic in front of the net. That's what gets you the goals you need, and they're just not doing it.
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem - government IS the problem." - Ronald Reagan

Comments made here are my own and are not intended to represent the official position of Alaska Air Group

Mir

Thu May 17, 2012 2:55 am

Rangers and Devils now tied at 1 after New Jersey wins Game 2 3-2. Pisses me off to no end that NBC Sports is not among the available channels at my hotel here - I'd go to a bar to watch, but it's Oklahoma and the Thunder are playing tonight, so....  

Might try and get tickets for a game at The Rock this weekend.

-Mir
7 billion, one nation, imagination...it's a beautiful day

connies4ever

Thu May 17, 2012 11:18 am

HORRIBLE officiating,

Pretty much been a constant throughout the playoffs. I have read that the new rules regarding headshots are distracting officials from the actual calls, particularly the linesmen w.r.t. offsides. There have been some really egregious mistakes in this area. I also note the huge number of players being ejected from the faceoff circle. I still don't know what's up with that.

HORRIBLE defense

LA have a couple of power forwards who are hard to handle in front of Smith.

Not enough clean aggression.

As a former player, Doan's hit was a hard one but I don't think it was a suspension, allthough the match penalty was warranted. Hanzel's was, though. It was only one game because I don't think he'd been reviewed before.

I couldn't believe the non-call on Smith when he slashed Brown (?) in Game 2, and Brownie got the diving penalty. Let me tell you, that kind of slash HURTS.

Quoting EA CO AS (Reply 126):
Actually, it's just one basic thing; they're not creating enough traffic in front of the net. That's what gets you the goals you need, and they're just not doing it.

Absolutely. The LA defense are swallowing them up or bleeding them off towards the corners. Tough to beat Quick from the side like that. Actually, just tough to beat Quick.

Right now, I like LA's chances to win the Cup. This will be five games, tops, while NY & NJ have a war of attrition. I wonder what the odds were at training camp ?

WestJet747

Thu May 17, 2012 1:12 pm

HORRIBLE officiating

It hasn't been the greatest, but it hasn't been exceptionally horrible. The officiating certainly hasn't been bad enough to blame Pheonix's problems on.

Quoting connies4ever (Reply 128):
As a former player, Doan's hit was a hard one but I don't think it was a suspension, allthough the match penalty was warranted. Hanzel's was, though.

Shanahan got both these calls right. Hanzal's was without a doubt an unnecessary and intentional boarding, and 1 game sounds appropriate. The Doan hit, after watching a few replays, was definitely not worth any suspension. Lewis was a moron for turning his back at the last second, any hockey player knows that that is just asking for for some pain.
Flying refined.

PHX787

Thu May 17, 2012 7:16 pm

I also note the huge number of players being ejected from the faceoff circle. I still don't know what's up with that.

One move and BAM they're out.

As a former player, Doan's hit was a hard one but I don't think it was a suspension,

Wait?! How long is he out for?

WestJet747

Thu May 17, 2012 7:49 pm

Quoting PHX787 (Reply 130):
Wait?! How long is he out for?

He's not out at all. He was ejected from that game but Shanny didn't suspend him.
Flying refined.

PHX787

Thu May 17, 2012 10:56 pm

Quoting WestJet747 (Reply 131):
He's not out at all. He was ejected from that game but Shanny didn't suspend him.

Oh thank god. However, I don't have any hopes for this series anymore. The Kings are just too hot, and Phoenix would need a miracle to win 4 of these.

connies4ever

Thu May 17, 2012 11:04 pm

Quoting PHX787 (Reply 132):
Oh thank god. However, I don't have any hopes for this series anymore. The Kings are just too hot, and Phoenix would need a miracle to win 4 of these.

Yah, unfortunately for you as a fan. I must admit a bit of sadness myself (Jets 1.0). But I think the end of the road is now very close for the Yotes. A California Cup again. As a Canadian, oh, the horror! The horror!

On the optimistic side, perhaps Jets 2.0 will be the next Canuck team (no pun intended) to win the Cup....  

YVRLTN
Topic Author

Fri May 18, 2012 2:51 am

Right now, I like LA's chances to win the Cup

Thinking about it, in the past few seasons, have not at least three teams that knocked out the Canucks gone on to win the cup? Maybe a good omen for LA... on a personal note, I hope LA win it so we can say we were knocked out by the best team.

Who would have thought 6 weeks ago...
Follow me on twitter for YVR movements @vernonYVR

us330

Fri May 18, 2012 3:18 am

Quoting YVRLTN (Reply 134):
on a personal note, I hope LA win it so we can say we were knocked out by the best team.

Nobody wanted to play the Kings in the first round because of the Quick factor--a guy who shouldnt only be nominated for the vezina, but the hart as well--since he was the only reason LAK made the playoffs.

You also can't compare this Kings team to the Oilers back in 2006. The Oilers were legit underdogs--the kings were regular season underachievers with lots of talent, but the talent just didn't click until late in the season bc they desperately needed roster tinkering.

In terms of makeup and preseason expectations, Phoenix is more like the oilers of 2006 than the kings..

WestJet747

Fri May 18, 2012 3:31 am

Quoting us330 (Reply 135):
he was the only reason LAK made the playoffs

*cough* Anze Kopitar *cough*  
Flying refined.

PHX787

Fri May 18, 2012 3:58 am

Who the heck was it that flat-out tackled Shane Doan today? This is hockey, not NFL. That was a horrible penalty call by the refs too.

connies4ever

Fri May 18, 2012 2:21 pm

Quoting WestJet747 (Reply 136):
Quoting us330 (Reply 135):
he was the only reason LAK made the playoffs

I think it can safely be said that Anze Kopitar is the best Slovenian hockey player ever  

The goal last night was a thing of beauty, very soft and deft hands. Also taking the pass in his skates was well done.l

us330

Fri May 18, 2012 3:59 pm

Quoting WestJet747 (Reply 136):

*cough* team was 29th in total goals scored *cough*

PHX787

Wed May 23, 2012 6:31 am

I've gotten a chance to calm down after tonight's fiasco. I officially dislike LA. (using less strong words.)

Did anybody see any sort of physical confrontation between Doan and Smith and the refs after the game? or what happened?

WestJet747

Wed May 23, 2012 1:13 pm

Quoting PHX787 (Reply 140):
I've gotten a chance to calm down after tonight's fiasco. I officially dislike LA. (using less strong words.)

I hope you acted better than your team did! The Coyotes did not lose very graciously last night. Very disappointing to see Mike Smith throw his stick like a child after the game. I also hate when players (Shane Doan) accuse the refs of "playing for the other team" because they "wear the same colours". The reffing wasn't perfect (it rarely is), but the refs didn't lose Phoenix that series, Phoenix did. The refs got paid the exact same regardless of who won.

Quoting PHX787 (Reply 140):
Did anybody see any sort of physical confrontation between Doan and Smith and the refs after the game? or what happened?

No    did something go down? The only confrontation I saw was between Shane Doan and Dustin Brown when the teams were shaking hands.
Flying refined.

PHX787

Wed May 23, 2012 9:44 pm

Quoting WestJet747 (Reply 141):
No did something go down? The only confrontation I saw was between Shane Doan and Dustin Brown when the teams were shaking hands.

I hoped those two went at it -_- such a horrible series for these guys.

Quoting WestJet747 (Reply 141):
I hope you acted better than your team did! The Coyotes did not lose very graciously last night. Very disappointing to see Mike Smith throw his stick like a child after the game. I also hate when players (Shane Doan) accuse the refs of "playing for the other team" because they "wear the same colours". The reffing wasn't perfect (it rarely is), but the refs didn't lose Phoenix that series, Phoenix did. The refs got paid the exact same regardless of who won.

I disagree, I really hoped Doaner and Smith chewed the ears off those refs. Mike Smith especially had every right to be pissed, because I honestly think, as a fellow goalie, not having a glove on your hand AND HAVING AND Irtysh-Avia (Kazakhstan)">IT SHAVED OFF YOUR HAND by someone charging at you is a huge safety issue, and I was honestly hoping Smitty would've chewed the ref's ear off to no end. That was a pathetic officiating performance.

GuitrThree

Sat May 26, 2012 3:02 am

So, anyone guess #6 Devils and #8 Kings?

ltbewr

Sat May 26, 2012 3:36 am

Who would have thunk this: Devils v. Kings. Back in fall, the Devils were in trouble with injuries, but somehow got some waiver guys, some from their Albany farm club and got it together. I watched the game tonight, very hard hitting but clean, refs were fair and not too fussy, Broduar has to be one of the greatest goalies of all time. Rangers were petty good, got to give credit for a great season, I expect them to be back in the playoffs next year. Strange but kinda cool thing was that I was in the Pru earlier in the day to see my Devils fan Niece graduate from Seton Hall University Law School - she had a great and memorable day!

On to Stanley Cup # 4   

connies4ever

Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:59 am

Quoting ltbewr (Reply 143):
On to Stanley Cup # 4

Well, good luck with that. LA just too "Quick" for NJ. Also LA's best players are being their best players, not so for NJ. Where is Ilya ? This might go 5, but not more, I think. What odds would you have got last September that the Kings would win the Cup ?

Something in today's Globe and Mail showing just how ridiculous the situation in Phoenix has become, all due respect the few and the proud (i.e., Coyotes fans, all season long, not just the playoffs):

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sport...ts-to-fund-coyotes/article4227354/

- Glendale city council essentially robbing the citizens of funds to develop and maintain required urban infrastructure;
- Jamison group "continuing to put equity together" means they have no money, or not nearly enough. It also indicates that if sufficient equity is raised to close the deal, this is likely to be a weak group and the NHL & Phoenix will be back in this position again in 2-3 years after the Glendale gift ends.

Just move the damn team now and get it over with.

Oh, b.t.w. for those who thought Winnipeg could not afford NHL hockey, 41 consecutive paid sellouts, also guaranteed going forward. The GM recently held a fan appreciation night where he indicated that the Jets revenue far exceeded budget and that the Jets will be in the upper half of revenue in the league, thus putting money into the equalisation fund. Which means Winnipeg will be subsidizing Phoenix.

GuitrThree

Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:40 pm

Quoting ltbewr (Reply 143):
On to Stanley Cup # 4

Not so fast!!!

The Kings were the one team I didn't want my Preds to have to face. Unfortunately, they never made it there to even try. The Coyotes, who destroyed the Preds, then had no answer for the Kings. Nor will the Devils. Kings are just that good.

To throw in an aviation bonus, since this is Airliners.net, the last time NJ flew on a jet was after game 7 of the first round from Florida, APRIL 26TH!

connies4ever

Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:30 pm

Quoting GuitrThree (Reply 145):
To throw in an aviation bonus, since this is Airliners.net, the last time NJ flew on a jet was after game 7 of the first round from Florida, APRIL 26TH!

Last time NJ were out of their home time zone was I believe January 14th when they were in Winnipeg (2-1 NJ win).
They could possibly be suffering from "Jets"-lag.   

Hopefully this will all get wrapped up tomorrow night. Hockey in June does not make sense. I fondly remember the days when it was all done by late April or early May. Perhaps the NHL might consider going back to back-to-back games and a best-of-five prelim round.....nah, too much money at play.

Mir

Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:27 pm

Last night's game was so embarrassing to watch. The Devils are showing no fight, no heart, no poise. Brodeur isn't playing badly, but he can't do it all.

I hope they can pull out a game, but unless they up their level of play, it's not going to happen. And I hate to point to one thing, because there are so many that have gone wrong, but I really think the series turned on Fayne missing the empty net in Game 1.

-Mir
7 billion, one nation, imagination...it's a beautiful day

GrahamHill

Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:16 pm

Quoting GuitrThree (Reply 145):
Kings are just that good.

Yep, and they proved it again last night. 4-0, and it does not suffer any questioning! I really don't know what the Devils can do to beat this team. They're impossible to play!

On a side note, the Canadiens hired Michel Therrien as Head coach. I'm a bit doubtful, but time will tell.