fr8mech

RE: Do You Place Bumper Stickers On Your Car?

Thu May 10, 2012 2:18 pm

Quoting 76794p (Reply 48):
Nice NRA stickers.

I forgot about my NRA window decal. Its on the aft lower corner of the left aft window.

I don't put on my car because i fear that the police might profile me because of them and pull me over and demand that they search my car for weapons.

Really? What state do you live in where that's a problem? Even when I lived in NY (and had an NRA sticker on the Jeep), I never got pulled over with a demand to search the vehicle for weapons. And that was in the '80's.
When seconds count...the police are minutes away.
Unless it's expressly prohibited, it's allowed.
You are not entitled to a public safe space.
Ego Bibere Capulus, Ut Aliis Sit Vivere

B777LRF

Thu May 10, 2012 5:46 pm

Like quite a lot of people here, I've got this one from the local playground

Signature. You just read one.

falstaff

Fri May 11, 2012 12:16 am

Nice NRA stickers. I don't put on my car because i fear that the police might profile me because of them and pull me over and demand that they search my car for weapons.

Never heard of anything like that happening to anyone. The NRA is all about the safe use of fire arms and police officers know that. When you walk the floor at the NRA annual meeting the amount of police officers is staggering and they come from all over the country too.

I have heard that some people are paranoid that criminals will follow them home and steel their guns. That rumor got started by some unknown person/group after a shooting event in Virginia. The NRA recently put something in their magazine stating that there was no truth to that rumor. My guess that got started by some anti gun group want to discourage people from showing off their gun pride.
My mug slaketh over on Falstaff N503

rlwynn

Fri May 11, 2012 9:48 am

I have a hello kitty sticker.
I can drive faster than you

Superfly

Fri May 11, 2012 10:00 am

Quoting Aloha717200 (Reply 42):
For an older 80s or 90s car, your standard square bumper sticker or decal doesn't detract much from the boxy shape of the car. Stick a square sticker on a mid-90s and up vehicle though, and it looks atrocious.

There is guy driving around San Francisco with a 1966 Oldsmobile with a Nixon/Agnew bumper sticker.
I think he had it made for laughs.
Bring back the Concorde

falstaff

Fri May 11, 2012 3:38 pm

Quoting Superfly (Reply 54):
There is guy driving around San Francisco with a 1966 Oldsmobile with a Nixon/Agnew bumper sticker.
I think he had it made for laughs.

I had a Nixon sticker on my '72 Cadillac. I found it at a fleamarket and put it on there.
My mug slaketh over on Falstaff N503

cybergus

Sat May 12, 2012 8:00 pm

I do I do...

Cheers
LAN Excellence in Flight

777ER
Head Moderator

Sun May 13, 2012 5:33 am

I've only once had a sticker on my car to advertise something and took it off shortly after the event was over.

I'm considering starting a small business shortly so will be putting some stickers on the car but only on the back side windows
Head Forum Moderator
[email protected]
Flown: 1900D,S340,Q300,AT72-5/6,DC3,CR2/7,E145,E70/75/90,A319/20/21,A332/3,A359,A380,F100,B717,B733/4/8/9,B742/4,B752/3,B763,B772/3, B789
With: NZ,SJ,QF,JQ,EK,VA,AA,UA,DL,FL,AC,FJ,SQ,TG,PR

jcs17

Sun May 13, 2012 5:57 am

I have a Romney 2012 sticker on my rear bumper. For some reason, living where I do, I've yet to see anyone sporting the same one.  
America's chickens are coming home to rooooost!

stasisLAX

Sun May 13, 2012 11:39 pm

I have a West Chester State University window sticker - and an expired window sticker from a Scottsdale parking garage!
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety!" B.Franklin

76794p

Mon May 14, 2012 1:41 am

Quoting fr8mech (Reply 50):
Really? What state do you live in where that's a problem? Even when I lived in NY (and had an NRA sticker on the Jeep), I never got pulled over with a demand to search the vehicle for weapons. And that was in the '80's.

I live in Houston,Texas, but I live in a small neighborhood, 2x2 miles, and they have a small police department that loves to harass teenagers. As a teenage driver I want to stay off the polices radar (no pun intended). It really was my parent who told me not to do it, if they had not said anything, i would have. I also probably put the "Defend Freedom, Defeat Obama" sticker that I got from the NRA Political Victory Fund as well.
There's always money IN the banana stand.

fr8mech

Mon May 14, 2012 1:41 pm

Quoting 76794p (Reply 60):
I live in Houston,Texas, but I live in a small neighborhood, 2x2 miles, and they have a small police department that loves to harass teenagers. As a teenage driver I want to stay off the polices radar (no pun intended). It really was my parent who told me not to do it, if they had not said anything, i would have. I also probably put the "Defend Freedom, Defeat Obama" sticker that I got from the NRA Political Victory Fund as well.

I wouldn't worry too much, especially in TX. And, be assured, that if an officer pulled you over looking for weapons, you'd have a decent civil suit on your hands.

Additionally, as I recall from living in TX, if you can legally own a firearm, you can carry it in your car and your local municipality can't do a thing about it. But, check the law before you take my word for it.

The wife has a "fluer de lis" sticker on her Edge along with an FOP medallion.
When seconds count...the police are minutes away.
Unless it's expressly prohibited, it's allowed.
You are not entitled to a public safe space.
Ego Bibere Capulus, Ut Aliis Sit Vivere