Moderators: richierich, ua900, hOMSaR

mirrodie

RE: R.I.P. Vaporlock

Wed May 23, 2012 1:33 am

Wow, just getting back and settled from St. Maarten to see such sad news.

My condolences to her family. You'll be missed Phyllis.
Forum moderator 2001-2010; He's a pedantic, pontificating, pretentious bastard, a belligerent old fart, a worthless st

canuckpaxguy

Thu May 24, 2012 1:54 am

I had the honour of meeting Phyllis at a few of the YYZ meets and getting to know her as a friend.
Her enthusiasm for aviation and her infectiously positive outlook on life were contagious.

Phyllis was warm, kind, friendly and generous. She gave great hugs that could make a person feel wonderful. She was modest, yet confident; sensitive, yet brave; passionate, yet unpretentious. Phyllis was a remarkable human being with heart of gold.

I, like any who met her, will miss Phyllis dearly. She was one of our finest.

RIP my friend.
George

Big version: Width: 1024 Height: 768 File size: 109kb

[Edited 2012-05-23 19:07:04]

wukka

Thu May 24, 2012 6:24 am

As much as I hate the concept, threads like this really need a "like" button for some of these wonderful posts.
We can agree to disagree.

Luxair

Fri May 25, 2012 9:03 pm

I'm shocked....and very sad! R.I.P my dear friend.

zippyjet

Sat May 26, 2012 4:21 am

RIP, hope and expect we all will be reunited in that great A-Net formum in the sky when our time comes.
I'm Zippyjet & I approve of this message!

Aloha717200

Sat May 26, 2012 5:16 pm

My god...I had no idea she had cancer...

I first met Phyllis back in the classic days of A.net, she was one of the few female members at the time and I remember we joked around with her quite a bit. I never expected this. I'm unbelievably saddened by this news!  

Cancer is such a horrible thing. So many good people have departed lately....

andz

Sat May 26, 2012 7:10 pm

Such sad news, we chatted many times when I was a more frequent visitor to the chatroom and we always had fun conversations.

Goodbye Phyllis.   
After Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says WTF...

JETnyc

Sat May 26, 2012 7:40 pm

Phyllis aka Vapor Lock your soul is in the clouds scooting about the earth, we'll miss you very much. Such a friendly person to all of the people in Anet Chat. Peace be unto you.

GulfstreamGuy

Mon May 28, 2012 1:15 am

This is heartbreaking. I feel bad because I hardly get to get on here as mush as I did in the past and when I do I don't normally read these forums anymore. She and I had many conversations on here and I am happy for all of them. Rest peacefully, Phyllis. You will always be a part of A.Net!

jason
GulfstreamGuy
"If we couldn't laugh, we would all go insane. " -Jimmy Buffett

fatmirjusufi

Mon May 28, 2012 5:35 pm

Very sad news! I remember we had some conversations in chat room, 2-3 years ago.

RIP, Vaporlock!

MCOflyer

Mon May 28, 2012 6:17 pm

I remember nothing but fond memories of her. She was a sweet heart who did not deserve to die. She always had something positive to say about everyone. She had nothing negative to say. Very kind heart warming person. May you RIP Phyllis.

KH
Never be afraid to stand up for who you are.

IHadAPheo

Mon May 28, 2012 10:15 pm

I am saddened to hear of Phyllis's passing. I had the great pleasure of meeting her at several of the great YYZ meets from days gone by. Each time I met her I was impressed by what a wonderful caring person she was and a was always left with a smile upon meeting her. Those YYZ meets were some of my favorite memories of my time on this site and Phyllis was a major part of those meets as she made feel at home in the city that is my home away from home

I also wish to pass along condolences to Mr. Spaceman for his loss. I also had the pleasure of meting him at the meets and he was/is one of the most genuinely nice people I have met via this site.

It was mentioned above that many of the old guard of this site are passing away. I have to agree as there several people are no longer with us.... I hate to be to sentimental but there is something reassuring to hope that there is some type of ethereal A.net alumni meet going on in a better place..

IHAP/Zippy/Gene
Pray hard but pray with care For the tears that you are crying now Are just your answered prayers

KevinL1011

Sun Jun 03, 2012 4:56 am

Another veteran A.netter gone. Even though i didn't personally know her, I feel a kinship.

Quoting IHadAPheo (Reply 59):
I also wish to pass along condolences to Mr. Spaceman for his loss.

Yeah, Superfly mentioned that as well. It'd be nice to hear from him. Hope he's OK.

It was mentioned above that many of the old guard of this site are passing away.

We've had a wave of that. It worries me that I can get the senior discount @ Dennys.

I hate to be to sentimental but there is something reassuring to hope that there is some type of ethereal A.net alumni meet going on in a better place..

Man, That'd be great IHAP! I'm sure there will be Connies and Tri-Stars a plenty!
474218, Carl, You will be missed.

September11

Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:37 pm

I just learned of this some sad news. I'm sorry for bumping this thread but I'm little shocked and wanted to express a word about Vaporlock. She is funny. Not only that but she enjoyed sharing pictures of her on here. Canada lost a great woman! All replies above are wonderful to read..
Airliners.net of the Future