Moderators: richierich, ua900, hOMSaR

photoshooter
Topic Author

Worst Holiday Experience Ever?

Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:50 am

Hi all,

I'm sure we all had an awkward or horrible holiday experience before. With the Holiday season coming up, it might be a good idea to share those experiences and who knows we can save others from a disaster or a holiday nightmare. Feel free to share funny stories as well   .

My worst holiday experiences:

- Came back from Malta and we carried some sort of bedbug in our luggage and spread in my sister's bedroom. Was very hard to kill. No inconveniences in Malta though, just when we returned!

- Bought a pastry in Frankfurt, took a bite and pulled out dozens of dog hairs, when we returned it, I saw a dog scratching and losing lots of hairs in the shop!

- Big forest fire in South of France. Happened somewhere in the second week of our stay, almost had to evacuate. Quite a mood killer but it was somehow interesting to experience all the drama.

- A jellyfish sting in the mediterranean sea, I heard there will be a big plague in the entire Mediterranean sea this year so watch out. I also heard that sun block doesn't only 'block the sun' but also protects you from the poison of the jellyfish. Make sure to smear the water proof one   

Cheers,

Niek B.
'A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.' - Winston Churchill

Type-Rated

RE: Worst Holiday Experience Ever?

Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:15 am

Back in the 80's I rented a Lincoln Towncar from National. When I sat inside of it there was like a hole in the drivers seat under the leather seat cover. Your bum almost hit the floor of the car when you sat in it even though the seat looked fine before you sat on it. When seated in this car your eyes would be level with the steering wheel hub. I wonder what happened to it?

So I selected another Lincoln and got on I-294 about 10 miles from ORD and the engine just quit. This was before cell phones so I had to walk about 3 miles (in winter too!) to the nearest Oasis and call National. Three hours later they came by and gave me another car. Yup, the one with the hole in the seat. So I drove it back to the National lot and they gave me a Ford Taurus and I got all the way to my relatives house before it broke down too. I called National and told them to come and get this car I'll rent from someone else. The agent started to spout some kind of legalese about it's my responsibility to get the car back to them even if I have to have it towed. The next morning I had a relative drive me back to ORD so I could deal with National in person. They agreed that they would go and get the car at no charge to me. I went over to Hertz and rented another car.

Now I have used National before and after this incident and never had a problem with them. Just this one time.

Another time I was flying SHV-DAL-ORD. I took DL SHV-DAL and BN DAL-ORD. At SHV the DC-9 had some kind of landing gear indication the pilots didn't like so we sat on the ground for two hours. Finally we left for DAL. I had missed the BN connection. BTW, did I mention this was Christmas Eve? BN said they didn't have any more seats available that day. I went back to DL and they said that there was nothing they could do for me. Everyone was booked up. I was walking away from the DL ticket counter and a AA rep approached me and asked me if I was having some kind of problem. I explained the situation.
He asked for my ticket an went to the DL ticket counter himself. After some discussion he said that I'm going to be on the next AA flight to ORD, in F no less! That was so nice of him to do that for me. I'll never forget that.
Fly North Central Airlines..The route of the Northliners!

na

Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:20 am

The worst pizza of all time - in NY.
Horrible weather and cold - Florida.
To find out that a holiday destination was utterly boring and ugly, and the food bad - Hurghada/Egypt.
To choose the totally wrong location for a holiday on my own - Cyprus.

photoshooter
Topic Author

Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:56 pm

Quoting type-rated (Reply 1):

OMG beats all my horrible experiences! I'm glad you ended up in F nonetheless. Thanks for sharing your story, very interesting  
Quoting na (Reply 2):

Lol sounds like nightmare holidays. But seriously, between you and me, did you expect that much from Hurghada? I know it as sand, hotel, all-in, pool and too warm to do something except swimming....

Thanks for sharing, keep them coming!

Cheers,

Niek B.
'A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.' - Winston Churchill

na

Sun Jun 09, 2013 4:30 pm

Quoting photoshooter (Reply 3):
Lol sounds like nightmare holidays. But seriously, between you and me, did you expect that much from Hurghada? I know it as sand, hotel, all-in, pool and too warm to do something except swimming....

You´re right, and I´d never have gone there just like that. Actually I went to Egypt for a Nile-cruise (which was great), the week in Hurghada was just the add-on included in the package.

Quoting type-rated (Reply 1):

Thats a chain of bad luck. I also had the worst renatl car experience in the US, Florida again, late 90s. I rented a sportscar, cant remember the type, it was something unexciting Japanese . The first one had numerous dents, in the second one the speakers were missing, and I took a third one which also had issues. No real drama like yours though.

daviation

Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:22 pm

These are my most memorable:

1. Food poisoning in one of the finest hotels in Portugal (the Hotel Estoril Sol in Cascais). It nearly ruined the entire vacation.

2. Food poisoning in one of the finest hotels in Israel (the King David in Jerusalem). It nearly ruined the entire vacation.

3. Heart attach in Bermuda. Spent two days in the King Edward Hospital, which was like being in the third world. The cardiologist didn't see me until 17 hours after admission (there was a big cricket match), and the food was worse than prison (and I've been to both, so I can speak with authority on the subject).

4. Not aviation-related, but a camping trip in the Pocono Mountains. Ripped out the auto transmission upon arrival after running over hidden rocks. Rained the entire trip. We were camped next to the Hell's Angels. When we cleared the brush to avoid another transmission accident with our replacement vehicle, we came upon a huge black snake that was also on a camping trip.
PlaneFlown:717,727,737,747,757,767,777,DC8,DC9,DC10,L1011,F100,A300,319,320,321,330,340,CRJ,ERJ,E190,Av85,DH8,Beaver,ATR

Bongodog1964

Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:14 pm

The wife and I catching scabies from a hotel bed in Southend, delayed reaction though as the bites only appear 4 - 6 weeks later.

Daughter and I suffering from flea bites MCO - LGW

Wife and I contracting food poisoning from a restaurant in Long Beach, remarked that the food arrived very quickly, realised the next day as I writhed around in agony, that they were obviously keeping it warmish and reheating it on demand

Staying at an all inclusive hotel in St Lucia, full of hard drinking tattooed chavs, with a poolside disco loud enough to wake the dead every evening.

WestJet747

Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:45 pm

1. During a golfing trip to Myrtle Beach, SC when I was about 13, we had a hurricane chase us back home. We had a week planned with 3 rounds at pro courses, but we only got to play the first one before the entire city shut down and we had to pack up and leave.

2. When I was 18 I went to Las Vegas with my parents. I managed to find lots to do despite not being old enough to do any of things most people go to LV for. The trip turned sour fairly quickly when I had a huge fight with my Dad which resulted in me catching the AA red-eye to YYZ that night. The fight was prompted by his alcoholism, and fights like that weren't uncommon, but he is sober now and thankfully we no longer fight like that (still kind of ruined Vegas for me).

The flight was another entire awful aspect to the trip. I took a window seat (as I always do) hoping I could just look out at the lights of the Vegas Strip and then sleep the rest of the flight before heading straight to school in the morning. Unfortunately, I was the lucky passenger to sit beside the single creepiest guy on the flight. Even though it should have been quite obvious to this overweight, balding man that I was just a teenager trying to mind my own business, he insisted on going on about the awesome time he had at the Playboy Club and all the other "wild stuff" him and his girlfriend (who wasn't on the flight, so her existence is clearly in question) did while in Vegas. I've never wanted a flight to end so badly...

3. During my second year at university, a couple friends and I went down to Florida for reading week (or "spring break" as many refer to it). The first day we just sat by the pool, took in the sun, and enjoyed a few adult beverages, as was the plan for the entire trip. Well, starting the next day, and for the remainder of the trip, Florida decided to set near-record cold for that time of year. The next 3 days were spent indoors, renting movies, and drinking...all of which could have been done back in Canada at a lesser expense.

4. After 3 amazing weeks backpacking around Thailand, I must have ingested something I shouldn't have, because upon returning home to Australia I was pretty much dead to the world for a week, and my appetite had more-or-less vanished for nearly a month. I honestly could not eat more than a sandwich at any given meal, and no matter what I ate I would have a very uncomfortable experience in the washroom later on. I had extreme fatigue on top of this. I went to a travel doctor and he couldn't figure it out. Still have no idea to this day what it was, but cleared up after nearly a month.
Flying refined.

kiwiinoz

Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:03 am

Quoting daviation (Reply 5):
1. Food poisoning in one of the finest hotels in Portugal (the Hotel Estoril Sol in Cascais). It nearly ruined the entire vacation.

2. Food poisoning in one of the finest hotels in Israel (the King David in Jerusalem). It nearly ruined the entire vacation.

3. Heart attach in Bermuda. Spent two days in the King Edward Hospital, which was like being in the third world. The cardiologist didn't see me until 17 hours after admission (there was a big cricket match), and the food was worse than prison (and I've been to both, so I can speak with authority on the subject).

4. Not aviation-related, but a camping trip in the Pocono Mountains. Ripped out the auto transmission upon arrival after running over hidden rocks. Rained the entire trip. We were camped next to the Hell's Angels. When we cleared the brush to avoid another transmission accident with our replacement vehicle, we came upon a huge black snake that was also on a camping trip.

You're winning so far....

For me, I have never had a bad holiday overall, but there have been plenty of bad experiences within holidays. In particular, towns/cities that have no soul ir charm. The ones that stick out for me are:

Hamilton, NZ
Geelong, Australia
Geraldton, Australia
Medan, Indonesia
Birmingham, UK
Berne, Switzerland
Ningbo, China
Kuantan, Malaysia

Plenty of other great spots in all of those countries though

jetblueguy22

Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:26 am

My worst was starting out the trip to Australia. We were booked AA JFK-LAX then QF LAX-SYD, SYD-CNS. Well AA in all it's glory delayed our flight for 4 or 5 hours. I remember pulling onto the runway at JFK and staring at QF108 and thinking "Oh Well we can get on that one!" Wrong, she was booked solid. We got stuck in LA for the day (though I have to admit it isn't the worst place to get stuck).

Number 2 would probably be my trip back from vacation this past March. I was flying BDL-MSP-GFK on DL. I made two huge rookie mistakes. I booked the last flight out and a 32 minute connection. The thought process was "Well this way I can spend as much time as possible at home since I'm not sure when I'll be back!" Well I got a bonus trip in MSP. We arrived at the gate in MSP and just sat there. I was getting nervous and the Captain said we had a broken gate but that flights were being held. I calmed down and we were pushed to a new gate. Well we get to the new gate and I rush off booking for the next gate (I also realized I was terribly out of shape). When I got there the gate agent was closing the door. I asked if I could get on and she buzzed the Captain but he said no even though there were 4 of us transferring. Thankfully since it was a technical fault they rebooked me for the next morning and got me accommodations. Funny enough my bags made the connection, but I didn't. Wasn't happy about that! But of course that can't be the end of it. Well GFK was under blizzard conditions the next morning and MSP was getting bad as well. I had three classes that day, including a midterm. Luckily it was the first time in my college career I had classes cancelled. So the first flight got cancelled. Then my second flight was getting ready to board. I pulled up the METAR and saw it was 1/8SM vis and clouds 800 overcast. I told a guy I had become friendly with there was no shot of us leaving. Just then the gate agent announced they needed volunteers to take a later flight as the aircraft was being weight restricted in order to bring hold fuel. Well I jumped up and took the 400 dollar voucher. I sat at the gate and they boarded. I'll never forget the guy I was talking to saying "Well it looks like you're wrong young man!" I said "Apparently so!" Well 45 minutes later he arrived at my next gate after the flight was cancelled. I had the biggest grin on my face. I was 400 voucher dollars richer and would have been in the same situation!

I guess nothing is too horrible. Though the March madness was not fun. I remember calling my mother telling her I took the voucher and she was so angry. Well she wasn't too angry when she paid only 43 bucks for me to fly home next month!
Pat
Look at sweatpants guy. This is a 90 million dollar aircraft, not a Tallahassee strip club

RussianJet

Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:00 am

Car crash in Russia, driver falling asleep after driving through the night - wasn't too fun. Came back with a lovely scar and plenty of stitches.
✈ Every strike of the hammer is a blow against the enemy. ✈

hOMSaR

Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:54 am

There was the time I was in France for a study abroad trip, and wanted to tour around the country on a rail pass after the two-week course was over, only to have the nation's railway workers go on strike. But, I guess I should have just assumed that was going to happen, and been pleasantly surprised if it didn't.
I was raised by a cup of coffee.

AR385

Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:39 am

Quoting WestJet747 (Reply 7):
I went to a travel doctor and he couldn't figure it out. Still have no idea to this day what it was, but cleared up after nearly a month.

That sounds like Hepatitis.

1) My father had this thing about taking us on a special vacation every Summer. In 1990 we went to DC and New York. We flew MTY-DFW-DCA and landing in DCA, my father whacked my brother for not looking out the window at the wonderful monuments on DC on approach. Funny if you knew my father HAHA. That set the tone.
We stayed at the Watergate hotel and that´s when things got real bad. My mother had a lobster bisque for dinner the first night and got a bad, bad case of food poisoning. We had to stay in DC for the whole vacation because my mother was really ill. We had a doctor come and he wanted to send her to the hospital but she got slightly better and we flew back home. The big apple had to wait.

2) The first time I went to Houston it was a school trip to Rice University for a math contest. I was 18. We got thrashed by the other teams, really, so afterwards the teacher took us to the Galleria. Everyone wanted to go ice skating except me. But, peer pressure being what it is I went along. Not even once around the rink I fell and dislocated my shoulder along with tearing a few tendons. If it wasn´t for the extreme pain, I guess it would have been neat in a way because the paramedics came and I got my first ride on an ambulance and all...Did I mention the pain?

3) Enron sent me to Barranquilla sometime in 1999 to fix some "issues" they had with a few local companies. On the way back my AV flight left for BOG at 19:00. Everybody told me to wait for the flight on Saturday morning. They said "The 19:00 AV flight to BOG has all the delays accumulated from the day so you will be delayed." But me being the young hot shot business man didn´t listen.
Long story short, the flight actually left Barranquilla at 01:00 AM Saturday. This was June. And maybe the airport is different now but that delay and those hours I spent in that airport count as my worst delay ever. There were bats, for God´s sake, flying around inside the terminal.

WestJet747

Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:49 am

Quoting AR385 (Reply 12):
That sounds like Hepatitis.

Well I've had my vaccination for hepatitis A and B, but I was tested anyway (and a couple times since due to liver issues) and thankfully it has always come back negative.

The two most likely explanations that I discussed with my physician in Australia were 1) some sort of bacteria or virus that wasn't easily detected, or 2) extreme fatigue. Either way, those were a few weeks I would rather forget, although the trip itself was great and without issue.
Flying refined.

Bongodog1964

Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:10 pm

Quoting kiwiinoz (Reply 8):
Hamilton, NZ
Geelong, Australia
Geraldton, Australia
Medan, Indonesia
Birmingham, UK
Berne, Switzerland
Ningbo, China
Kuantan, Malaysia

I've only visited Birmingham out of your list, I've now no desire to visit the others !!

RyanairGuru

Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:59 pm

My worse experience was probably on the island of Trikeri in Greece:

Quote:
The tiny island of Old Trikeri, in Greece's Pagasitic Gulf, is as quiet an island as can be found this side of deserted. There are no cars, no police, no schools, no doctors, no bakeries
http://www.independent.co.uk/travel/...ry-seeing-is-believing-662051.html

Well we had torrential rain, all day, every day. The Independent is probably been overly generous, there is even less than that (or at least was, I was there in 2002). We spent the whole week either sitting inside our apartment (smaller than my dorm room at college) or inside the island's only restaurant, and watched the rain come down in stair rods.

This one was more creepy than bad, but last December my girlfriend and I were driving through rural Quebec. She was desperate for the bathroom, but in an hour we didn't pass so much as a gas station. Eventually we came to a small town, and the only place open (it was about 9pm) was the pub. We went in, and we were the only patrons, all alone with the seediest, creepiest publican I hope to ever come across. It was pitch black outside, and almost as dark inside, it was DUMPING snow, we had a long drive and were somewhat stressed (neither of us had driven in snow before). Maybe these factors compounded ment we weren't thinking straight. Anyway we were so freaked out it wasn't even true. This guy........ well, had he come out of the kitchen with a carving knife in his hand a glint in his eye I wouldn't have been shocked. It was worse than Bates Motel... We used the facilities, and then literally sprinted out of there, into the car and I slammed it into reverse. I backed (at speed!) straight into a lamp-post, but didn't even care and threw it into drive and got the hell out of their as quickly as possible. Neither of us calmed down until we crossed the US border an hour later. We crossed the border on a backroad, but about 10 mins later we came to an Interstate junction which had 3 gas stations, a McDonalds, and a Wendys. I have NEVER been so happy to see rampant American commercialism as at that point, it was such a rush of relief to be back in civilization!!!

From a more aviation perspective, in 1998 we flew CO21 MAN-EWR and when we were fully boarded the captain came on and said they couldn't close the rear cargo door, but it would only take an hour to fix. Well you can guess how many "only another hour" announcements there were, but to cut a long story short they had to fly the part in from Seattle. We were given accommodation, and were promised $100 travel vouchers. A month later my father called CO and asked what had happened to our vouchers, and the really apologetic agent said that they would be sent immediately. Another month passes... he calls CO... another month passes... The agent he spoke to on the third occasion literally went BIZERK when she heard how we had been treated. I don't what legs she pulled, but we each got a free systemwide roundtrip   

I haven't visited the others so can't comment, but...

Hamilton, NZ
Geelong, Australia
Birmingham, UK

...dare I ask what delights you were expecting to discover in Birmingham or Geelong?!?!   
Worked Hard, Flew Right

AyostoLeon

Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:55 pm

3. Heart attach in Bermuda.

The food poisoning is bad enough but a heart attack? That would be a sure way to spoil a holiday. I hope that you are fully recovered and haven't suffered any further symptoms.

I coincidentally discovered from my doctor when I needed a cholera vaccination that the before traveling to the Limpopo region of Zimbabwe and South Africa, that the vaccine also provides some protection from E-coli, a major cause of travellers diarrhoea.

there was a big cricket match

Good to see that they had their priorities right.  
The person with no dignity eats his dinner twice

RussianJet

Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:03 pm

Quoting RyanairGuru (Reply 15):
the seediest, creepiest publican I hope to ever come across. It was pitch black outside, and almost as dark inside, it was DUMPING snow, we had a long drive and were somewhat stressed (neither of us had driven in snow before). Maybe these factors compounded ment we weren't thinking straight. Anyway we were so freaked out it wasn't even true. This guy........ well, had he come out of the kitchen with a carving knife in his hand a glint in his eye I wouldn't have been shocked. It was worse than Bates Motel... We used the facilities, and then literally sprinted out of there, into the car and I slammed it into reverse. I backed (at speed!) straight into a lamp-post, but didn't even care and threw it into drive and got the hell out of their as quickly as possible. Neither of us calmed down until we crossed the US border an hour later.

Wow! You guys saw a creepy man and freaked out to that extent?    I guess you probably had to be there.
✈ Every strike of the hammer is a blow against the enemy. ✈

klm672

Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:21 pm

Went on Holiday to visit my family in Germany. The whole time was spent watching youtube/netflix on my laptop while my parents took turns playing FarmVille and Angry Birds on their Ipad. I really, really wanted to visit the Model place in Hamburg (an hour train ride from where I was staying), but it was shot down by my grandmother saying that it was too cold out (uh 50F is just fine). I could've done that in my apartment and not have had to travel BUT I do realize the importance of just being with family.

babybus

Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:28 pm

Birmingham, UK

Who on Earth would even think of going to Birmingham for a holiday? Can't imagine it turning up in some travel brochure somewhere. I changed buses there once, that was enough.

My worst experience was getting Montezuma's revenge in Acapulco. Spent like four days constantly looking at toilet doors.
and with that..cabin crew, seats for landing please.

sbworcs

Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:47 pm

Mine was a last minute family holiday to Gran Canaria. Was supposed to be a cheap holiday so booked 2 apartments that offered free child places. Going were 4 adults and 2 children (both free).

When we arrived we had to step over a drink person in the lobby. SIster and I sat on "balcony" for cigarette and there was a couple having inn sex in the alley below (classy).

In the morning we checked the apartment and mum & dad found dried vomit in one of their saucepans.

Apparently we had been put (with children) in a club 18-30 apartment complex.

In the end we paid another 1800 euros to move to a hotel up the road (stayed there since too).

When we complained about the accommodation to the travel agents the only response was that "offering free child places does not mean we deem the accommodation suitable for children"
The best way forwards is upwards!

einsteinboricua

Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:21 pm

In no particular order:

1. Almost missed a flight. The travel agency printed the wrong time on the ticket (we think intentionally due to a little spat we had with them). Luckily we had arrived early at the airport and as we cleared security a guy with a radio asked us if we were headed to Orlando, and rushed us to the gate.

2. In Europe, as part of a tour, I was under the care of the school's dean, who decided to sleep in on two "free days". The other groups in the tour group offered to take care of us and let us go with them. He declined, so it meant two days just doing nothing at the hotel.

3. Senior trip to Orlando:
-The sister of a friend was simply hostile with me (it made for an unpleasant week).
-My paternal grandmother and my mom simply don't get along well and because there was only one car, my dad usually stepped out without us, so it meant a day stuck in her house.

4. Orlando...again: father gets a bit...tough...to handle. Caught a cold and could not be spoken to (or risk insult).

5. Caribbean cruise: my grandpa, who for years neglected his toes, found himself with a couple of ingrown nails and insisted in staying in his room. My grandma wanted to step out with us but often she had to return early to take care of him. My dad also fell ill and acted like everything wrong was our fault.
"You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky."

daviation

Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:45 pm

Quoting AyostoLeon (Reply 16):
The food poisoning is bad enough but a heart attack? That would be a sure way to spoil a holiday. I hope that you are fully recovered and haven't suffered any further symptoms.

Actually, no, I will never be fully recovered. I have Brugada's Syndrome, along with an implanted defibrillator/pacemaker. I don't smoke, drink, or have excess weight. It's just something I was born with. My cousin has it too. We lead completely normal lives though, except for the odd coronary arrest here and there!!

Quoting AyostoLeon (Reply 16):
Good to see that they had their priorities right.

Haha, yes! There was no public transport because of the cricket holiday when I was discharged from hospital. So incredibly, I hitched a ride on the back of the social worker's motorbike. The whole experience was beyond belief.
PlaneFlown:717,727,737,747,757,767,777,DC8,DC9,DC10,L1011,F100,A300,319,320,321,330,340,CRJ,ERJ,E190,Av85,DH8,Beaver,ATR

RyanairGuru

Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:04 pm

Quoting RussianJet (Reply 17):
I guess you probably had to be there.

I know what you mean, and while I was typing it I was thinking that I wasn't quite getting the drama, and it just sounded lame.

This guy was...................... as you say, you had to be there

The backstory (dark, deserted village - every window was dark - only one person etc) was straight out of a D rated horror movie
Worked Hard, Flew Right

WarRI1

Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:55 am

I have always considered myself lucky on vacation over the years, no major mishaps. A plugged drain once or twice. One dead deer. Never a weather problem. After reading these troubles, now I know I have been fortunate.
It is better to die on your feet, than live on your knees.

kiwiinoz

Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:16 am

Quoting RyanairGuru (Reply 15):
...dare I ask what delights you were expecting to discover in Birmingham or Geelong?!?!
Quoting babybus (Reply 19):
Who on Earth would even think of going to Birmingham for a holiday?

Ya, almost all of these were transits rather than actual destinations. Birmingham I visited to watch a cricket test when I lived in London.

YVRLTN

Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:18 am

We have always had great vacations. However, last year, although we had a fabulous 4 nights in Malta, we both picked up some bug whereby we needed to go after every time we ate...

Had to sit through my cousins wedding, several family meals (her family at that....), a 4 day road trip with my parents from Scotland to London and TS economy with an extra 90 mins on the ground in MAN added since booking date from LGW - YVR. It lasted a couple of days after getting back. After going to the doctor and managing to collect one of the three stool samples required (I dont think I have ever done something so disgusting....) it mysteriously went away on its on.

I have to say I feel genuine pity for the persons who had the delight of cleaning washrooms in the Bo'ness Town Hall, a bakery in Newbiggin-next-the Sea, a public bog in Skegness, a portaloo on a building site in Boston, a bar in Wells-next-the-Sea, the RNLI cafe in Cromer and various other places........... not that I visited the attached establishments of any of those places - when you gotta go.... entering the town hall was the most fun  

Oh, I fell down the stairs at my sisters too and really bruised by tail bone, so trying to sit in my old mans Jeep Cherokee (man, is that an uncomfortable POS...) with a busted tail bone and needing to poop, every bump in the road was a fresh challenge...!
Follow me on twitter for YVR movements @vernonYVR

Rara

Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:00 am

Quoting jetblueguy22 (Reply 9):
I sat at the gate and they boarded. I'll never forget the guy I was talking to saying "Well it looks like you're wrong young man!" I said "Apparently so!" Well 45 minutes later he arrived at my next gate after the flight was cancelled. I had the biggest grin on my face. I was 400 voucher dollars richer and would have been in the same situation!

There is a bit of win in that.  
Samson was a biblical tough guy, but his dad Samsonite was even more of a hard case.

jetblueguy22

Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:51 pm

Quoting Rara (Reply 27):
There is a bit of win in that.  

I hate to admit how arrogant my thoughts were after that. I think it was just mostly the fact that he just doubted me so much. I didn't have some type of extraordinary information. Just an approach plate and a METAR. He wasn't happy he missed out on the voucher though .
Pat
Look at sweatpants guy. This is a 90 million dollar aircraft, not a Tallahassee strip club