Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

njxc500
Topic Author

Sprint "network Upgrades"

Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:33 am

Has anyone experienced the lost performance on the sprint cell network?

Back around July 1, my service changed significantly for the worse. All of a sudden I couldn't make a phone call reliably, text messages take minutes to send, sometimes they don't send at all. My data rate is now virtually unusable everywhere in my city. If I had to guess, I have dropped around 100 calls in the last two weeks in July. I started calling sprint, a total of eight calls, of which 3 were dropped. I can't believe they can do this to people, I have never experienced anything like it.

I spent way too much time trying to get out of my contract, this has become personal. I got so fed up that I ended up going to Verizon, and I've now got perfect service.

So what do I do about sprint? They want me to pay an early termination fee, and I simply can't argue with them anymore.

What would you do?

DocLightning

RE: Sprint "network Upgrades"

Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:35 am

Quoting njxc500 (Thread starter):
So what do I do about sprint? They want me to pay an early termination fee, and I simply can't argue with them anymore.

What would you do?

I'd file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. The contracts are written in the company's favor, but usually there's an "out" clause if they can't provide service in your area.
-Doc Lightning-

"The sky calls to us. If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars."
-Carl Sagan

willzzz88

Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:01 am

They are doing a nationwide overhaul of their ENTIRE US network and its called "network vision". You can google for more info or visit s4gru.com and forums for technical details. By re-building every single cell site this causes degradation in service. But supposedly if its engineered correctly there should be another cell site in the same proximity to take over the traffic. In theory this should take no more than 1 week per location of clusters with each site taking 3 days max. Sprint has been heavily criticized in how they are executing this.

The real truth is that Sprint before Network Vision has always had the SLOWEST data rates of the big 4 carriers because they upgraded last. If I were you I would complain to CSR and hopefully enough trouble tickets in that area get created for the engineers to fix it ASAP.

PHX787

Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:50 pm

I'd say wait and see what Softbank does to the Sprint system. Most likely those Japanese dudes will want them to have that thing up to pace.
Follow me on twitter: www.twitter.com/phx787

jetwet1

Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:28 pm

As a Sprint user I feel your pain, for the past week both at home and at work i've been without data and voice.

I had a major melt down with them over this, though of course they claimed that their system was up and running 100%, it actually turned out that they are upgrading 3 towers in my area, so there was not a tower to take the load.

This week I am back to having voice and data, so things are looking up, I did stumble across an LTE signal last month, the speeds were in a whole different ball park, 25mb up and down, so yes it is worth waiting for, but really Sprint needs to look at the way it's rolling out the LTE program and the way they communicate to the public.

seb146

Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:55 am

I had Virgin Mobil for a while. They run of Sprint towers. I could only use Virgin/Sprint when I was at home. No where else. Since it was pre-paid, I cancelled them as soon as I could and never looked back. Verizon and AT&T have always had great service for me. I will never ever use Sprint/Virgin/Credo ever again.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!

flanker

Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:22 am

Quoting njxc500 (Thread starter):
Has anyone experienced the lost performance on the sprint cell network?

Sprint's network problems began around late 2010. Their data speeds got remarkably worse especially around Chicago due to all the upgrading/expansion of towers. AND THEY STILL DONT HAVE GOOD 4GLTE!!! Basic 3G is the name of the game for Sprint, lucky to get 4G at certain spots.

I was fed up with that BS so I switched to Verizon and have never looked back since. Highest I've clocked is 60down/60up and 30/30 on average. I am very happy! I may be paying around 40$ more monthly with a cap of 2gigs/month, but at least I get what I am paying for and can utilize my S3 to its max.