Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

vikkyvik

RE: Will A.net Return To Its Former Glory?

Thu Oct 24, 2013 3:22 am

Quoting RussianJet (Reply 49):
I think that the big question on everyone's lips is 'will RussianJet' return to his former glory.

Who's RussianJet?

I'm watching Jeopardy. The category is worst Madonna songs. "This one from 1987 is terrible".

luv2fly

Sat Oct 26, 2013 12:27 am

I've been around for a while. Seen the good and the bad. Was it better before? Depends if the mods at that time liked you or not. It at times could be like you were back in high school, if you were in the in group all was well, if not you were the fat kid waiting to get picked last in gym class.
You can cut the irony with a knife

MCOflyer

Sun Oct 27, 2013 3:41 am

I remember the good old days. We used to have funny threads in the non av section. If I am right I still can not discuss certain topics or else ill be banned. I am mainly a lurker and posts on certain subjects.

KH
Never be afraid to stand up for who you are.

L0VE2FLY

Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:52 pm

Another way to improve airliners.net is by making it possible to contact those who make photo comments and identify them if they're members.

Quoting vikkyvik (Reply 47):
No. To be on that list, you have to add me to that list. Here, I'll do it for you:

I think more photos by these photographers will definitely make airliners.net even more glorious :

* Adam Wright
* Ander Aguirre
* Anthony Jackson
* Bailey
* Ismael Jorda
* Javier F. Bobadilla
* Jeffwell
* Joe Pries
* Tim de Groot
* Vik S.

There we go. Now all has been made right, and the world can continue turning.

Since you took the liberty to edit my own list, I might as well add a few more names:

* Adam Wright
* Ander Aguirre
* Anthony Jackson
* Bailey
* Darren Howie
* Felix Gottwald
* Ismael Jorda
* Javier F. Bobadilla
* Jeffwell
* Joe Pries
* John Richard Thomson
* Peter Unmuth
* Tim de Groot
* Vik S.
* Wilco737

vikkyvik

Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:53 pm

Quoting L0VE2FLY (Reply 53):
Another way to improve airliners.net is by making it possible to contact those who make photo comments and identify them if they're members.

If we're onto serious ways to reclaim supposed glory, then yes, I fully agree. That's why I always sign my comments.

Quoting L0VE2FLY (Reply 53):
Since you took the liberty to edit my own list, I might as well add a few more names:

I was totally joking. I don't deserve to be anywhere near that list!
I'm watching Jeopardy. The category is worst Madonna songs. "This one from 1987 is terrible".

texdravid

Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:21 am

Quoting N1120A (Reply 41):

Yeah, again, I loved the purge of 2007. So?

Frankly, I really don't care whether you agree or not. This website is far better
off not having ridiculous, one sided moderators and posters whom shall not be named. Live in the present.
Tort reform now. Throw lawyers in jail later.

carmenlu15

Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:48 pm

Quoting texdravid (Reply 55):

Hi Falcon84, I had no idea you were back in the forums!   
Don't expect to see me around that much (if at all) -- the contact link should still work, though.

N1120A

Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:58 pm

Well, that's a fundamental difference between you and me. You want to eliminate those you don't like. I'm happy to talk it out.
Mangeons les French fries, mais surtout pratiquons avec fierte le French kiss

KaiGywer

Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:11 pm

Except it was uncalled for and simply caused a lot of bad feelings against DM, who at the time had just purchased the site and came in as a bunch of dictators who did not take the time to feel out the site prior to making their own "improvements"
“Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, an

texdravid

Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:30 pm

Quoting carmenlu15 (Reply 56):

Lol, you do realize that Falcon84 and myself were diametrically opposite people and all around combatants?

Quoting N1120A (Reply 57):

That's rich! I have never advocated anyone's banning or expulsion or deletion of posts. I was commenting that I am glad that DM owns this site now. DM are fair, and the unfair previous people and mods are no longer here.

I didn't advocate it or demand it, but I'll take it!

It was people like you and the pre 2007 mods who would immediately ask for deletion of posts if someone had an opinion that was even remotely conservative or didn't agree with certain political sensibilities.

carmenlu15

Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:48 am

Quoting texdravid (Reply 59):
Lol, you do realize that Falcon84 and myself were diametrically opposite people and all around combatants?

Well, given that a) you state that you loved the purge of 2007 June 2008, actually, and b) the majority of members deleted then were/are as conservative as they come, it was only natural to conclude that your political leanings must be opposite to theirs, and therefore similar to Falcon's. Lol, indeed.
Don't expect to see me around that much (if at all) -- the contact link should still work, though.

N1120A

Thu Oct 31, 2013 6:16 pm

It was people like you and the pre 2007 mods who would immediately ask for deletion of posts if someone had an opinion that was even remotely conservative or didn't agree with certain political sensibilities.

Right. Because you are aware of how often one suggested a deletion then.

Of course, you also think ANCFlyer is "liberal"

You two behave almost exactly the same.
Mangeons les French fries, mais surtout pratiquons avec fierte le French kiss

texdravid

Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:58 pm

Yeah, you liberals always spout stuff and when someone replies you guys go straight to the delete button, or worse, complained to the pre 2007 mods. We all knew the routine. Spare us.

Oh yeah, the Alaskan tough guy macho sergeant. That guy was some "conservative". Of course to the left, many think Obama is conservative!

Falcon84? Lol. Yeah, right. You and he are soulmates ideologically. Along with others of that same vein.

No one censors or attempts to censor like the left.....

L0VE2FLY

Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:45 pm

Quoting vikkyvik (Reply 54):
I was totally joking. I don't deserve to be anywhere near that list!

That list is mostly made up of airline pilots who happen to enjoy photography. I believe pilots make the best aviation photographers as they're always flying and have more panoramic views than the rest of us. The most spectacular contrails and aerial views pix are usually taken by pilots.

EMBQA

Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:27 am

Quoting Superfly (Reply 8):
I'm really impressed by all the airline CEO that leapfrogged high school, college and grad school and went straight to the top.

The main reason I'm not on anymore...it just gets old. Very well said.
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog"

WarRI1

Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:53 am

Quoting texdravid (Reply 62):
No one censors or attempts to censor like the left.....

This is one guy to the left of center who would not dream of hitting the delete button. I am sure it has been done to me more than once. I would not belittle myself by doing it. I can dish it out, and I can take it. I leave it to the moderators to police the site. Not my function.
It is better to die on your feet, than live on your knees.

EMBQA

Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:09 am

Quoting WarRI1 (Reply 65):

Reason two why my activity has dropped off significantly. I was put on a 30 day suspension a few years back while I slept. Yup... I wrote a few comments almost 24 hours before all this happened. The 'crew member' warned me, warned me again and then suspended me for 30 days all without me knowing about it. I had no knowledge of any of this until I got home from work the next day and read my emails. My point here.. A little common sense here. You must allow the person the chance to repent or rebuff what they are being accused of. A warning, then if you violate the rules after then warning email was sent....then yea.
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog"

WarRI1

Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:23 am

Quoting EMBQA (Reply 66):
Reason two why my activity has dropped off significantly. I was put on a 30 day suspension a few years back while I slept. Yup... I wrote a few comments almost 24 hours before all this happened. The 'crew member' warned me, warned me again and then suspended me for 30 days all without me knowing about it. I had no knowledge of any of this until I got home from work the next day and read my emails. My point here.. A little common sense here. You must allow the person the chance to repent or rebuff what they are being accused of. A warning, then if you violate the rules after then warning email was sent....then yea.

I myself refrained for one year because of a suspension. I used the word infantile in a reply. Bingo, I said screwo. I got a week, I took a year. Things seem better these days, more adult treatment.

KaiGywer

Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:42 pm

I got banned for mouthing off to an ex-member that was seeking asylum in Norway and idolized communist idols  
“Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, an

WarRI1

Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:46 am

Quoting KaiGywer (Reply 68):
I got banned for mouthing off to an ex-member that was seeking asylum in Norway and idolized communist idols

Now that one is hard to beat. I do not think that one can be topped.