Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

SoJo
Topic Author

UK Floods. Why? The Answer Is..

Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:47 pm

You really have to wonder about some people

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-25802437

UKIP = United Kingdom Idiots Party IMHO.

Just unbelievable     
RAF Abingdon 1967. I met Beverley from Blackburn. Fantastic!

DocLightning

RE: UK Floods. Why? The Answer Is..

Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:00 pm

I suppose we're also causing the drought in CA, too.
-Doc Lightning-

"The sky calls to us. If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars."
-Carl Sagan

MD11Engineer

Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:15 pm

I have read on another forum that this guy could be a plant, who joined the UKIP to discredit them.
The MP left the Tories, to whom the UKIP are the strongest competition, and joins them. Shortly afterwards he voices
opinions, which make the UKIP look like [email protected]

Quoting DocLightning (Reply 1):

Well, AFAIK being gay is illegal in Ethiopia and they haven´t got any problems with floods....

Ok, I´ll get my hat and coat, where is the taxi?  

Jan
Je Suis Charlie et je suis Ahmet aussi

SoJo
Topic Author

Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:16 pm

Quoting DocLightning (Reply 1):

Probably m8. Opposites attract you know  
RAF Abingdon 1967. I met Beverley from Blackburn. Fantastic!

romeobravo

Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:34 pm

UKIP have a lot of sensible tax and business policies. It's unfortunate that they're populated by nutters.

srbmod

Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:06 pm

Good to see that the US doesn't hold the exclusivity on nutjobs blaming natural disasters on the gays.

Quoting MD11Engineer (Reply 2):

I have read on another forum that this guy could be a plant, who joined the UKIP to discredit them.
The MP left the Tories, to whom the UKIP are the strongest competition, and joins them. Shortly afterwards he voices

Political dirty tricks? Well I never.......

Braybuddy

Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:12 am

Well we legalised civil partnerships a couple of years ago and the agenda has now turned to gay marriage, and WE'VE had severe flooding recently, so maybe Davie Silvester is on the ball. We were warned years ago when homosexuality was decriminalised that the sky would fall in, and since then the economy has collapsed, we've had severe flooding and, even worse, we've been regularly coming last in the Eurovision Song Contest.

This guy could be onto something . . .

[Edited 2014-01-20 01:13:38]

DocLightning

Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:17 am

In other news:

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/s...rought-hit-countries-2014012082721

Quote:
BETROTHED homosexuals are to use their magical flood-creating powers to bring new life to desert regions.

Gay people in civil partnerships, who have been granted the power to summon rainstorms from the heavens by God and UKIP, plan to use it benevolently.

(For those of you unfamiliar, The Daily Mash is satire).
-Doc Lightning-

"The sky calls to us. If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars."
-Carl Sagan

Bongodog1964

Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:28 am

Quoting MD11Engineer (Reply 2):

I doubt he's a plant, quite a few of the "nut jobs" in the Conservative party have defected to UKIP, in the main due to the Conservatives not being receptive to their viewpoints on life. UKIP has grown rapidly in recent years on the back of frightened "little englanders" these being the type of people who retire to Cyprus, The Algarve, Spain etc because in their words "England's now full of foreigners"
The problem however is that UKIP is more or less a one person party, without Nigel Farage it would probably wither and die, this leaves it with little in the way of party organisation, as evidenced by the numerous examples in the last year or so of them ending up with totally unsuitable candidates and even Cllrs and MEP's.
They compounded the situation by deciding to fight thousands of Council seats last year, despite a complete lack of party ifrastructure, no doubt it will be the same this year.
David Cameron described them as "nuts and fruitcakes" one of the more accurate statements he has made.

MD11Engineer

Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:56 am

Quoting Bongodog1964 (Reply 8):
these being the type of people who retire to Cyprus, The Algarve, Spain etc because in their words "England's now full of foreigners"

I know this type of people and have seen them in Spain and Portugal. But be assured, they are not just British, but there is a good section of equally narrowminded Germans, Scandinavians and Dutch among them as well. Never bothering to learn more of the local language than "Camarero, otra cerveza!", being stuck in their apartment block ghettoes, where they meet in pubs based on their original country, bitching about the "lazy" locals.

Jan
Je Suis Charlie et je suis Ahmet aussi

Bongodog1964

Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:24 am

Quoting MD11Engineer (Reply 9):
I know this type of people and have seen them in Spain and Portugal. But be assured, they are not just British, but there is a good section of equally narrowminded Germans, Scandinavians and Dutch among them as well. Never bothering to learn more of the local language than "Camarero, otra cerveza!", being stuck in their apartment block ghettoes, where they meet in pubs based on their original country, bitching about the "lazy" locals.

I'll hazard a guess that they will be supportors of their own national equivalant of UKIP.

You don't have to look very far to see the inconsistencies in UKIP, firstly their main policy is withdrawal from the EU, you might think that their MEP's would as a rssult find it hypocritical to claim salaries and expenses from the EU, they however don't.
Their local campaign wagon in Cambridgeshire is a brightly painted Volkswagen van, why not a vehicle manufactured in the UK, bearing in mind their "anti Europe" message ?

Braybuddy

Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:28 am

Quoting Bongodog1964 (Reply 8):
David Cameron described them as "nuts and fruitcakes" one of the more accurate statements he has made.

It's funny, every time we've had an EU referendum here UKIP actively campaigns against whatever the proposals are, but they only end-up shooting themselves in the foot, as it's not the done thing for political parties to involve themselves in politics outside their own country. So as soon as UKIP hops on board, all the native anti-treaty campaigners groan: they (quite rightly) reckon they cost them votes. Come to think of it, maybe UKIP is actually a pro-EU party, as some of the treaties were no doubt passed due to their intervention . . .

Bongodog1964

Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:28 pm

Quoting Braybuddy (Reply 11):
It's funny, every time we've had an EU referendum here UKIP actively campaigns against whatever the proposals are

Do you think the average UKIP member is aware that the full name is the "United Kingdom Independence Party" ? If they were they might realise that campaigning in the Irish Republic isn't a great idea. IMO UK interference in Irish politics has not been a good idea since 1921.

ltbewr

Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:51 pm

The UKIP sound like our 'Tea Party' wingnut groups. The basic premise of such extreme conservative groups is simple - to reduce taxes on the rich and middle class and spend a lot less on the 'undeserving poor' as well as go back to the morals of before the 1960's when GLTB's were in the closet, and so on. At least they are good entertainment and I don't want to silence them, I just want their extremism to be their downfall.

Bongodog1964

Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:58 pm

Quoting ltbewr (Reply 13):
The UKIP sound like our 'Tea Party' wingnut groups.

I'm sure that some UKIP members will have Sarah Palin posters on their walls as a pin up.

romeobravo

Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:00 pm

Quoting ltbewr (Reply 13):
The basic premise of such extreme conservative groups is simple - to reduce taxes on the rich and middle class and spend a lot less on the 'undeserving poor'

I don't understand why having to give a load of income to people you don't know and who probably wouldn't give you the time of day is accepted as the norm. And why a reduction of that considered extreme.

DeltaMD90

Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:17 am

lol classic. Take something bad (which is bound to happen 100% of countries 100% of the time) and then blame it on X, Y, and Z. I predict CA will have an earthquake in the next decade unless they proclaim DeltaMD90 King of California. There will also be a bad mudslide in Asia unless I'm King of Asia and there will be civil wars in Africa unless I'm king there. So says the Gospel of DeltaMD90, sit back and be amazed by my predictive capability  

sbworcs

Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:11 pm

It's official!!

Thanks to whoever created this for sharing it!!!
The best way forwards is upwards!