Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

4holer
Topic Author

Justin Bieber Arrested.

Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:42 pm

In Miami for suspicion of DUI and drag racing.
Brings to mind the line from Slapshot about Ogie Ogilthorpe about his "deportation to Canada, and that country's refusal to accept him"...
Ghosts appear and fade away.....................

photopilot

RE: Justin Bieber Arrested.

Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:55 pm

Oh please!!!!!! Throw away the KEY!!!!! 

Aesma

Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:09 pm

Too bad it'll only improve his street cred !
New Technology is the name we give to stuff that doesn't work yet. Douglas Adams

flood

Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:14 pm

dtw2hyd

Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:18 pm

Kid is growing up. Without arrest, probation, probation violation, desk booking, couple of hours in slammer no celebrity's career will take off.
All posts are just opinions.

4holer
Topic Author

Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:43 pm

Kurt Cobain killed himself one month after Justin Bieber was born.
He knew...
Ghosts appear and fade away.....................

falstaff

Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:16 pm

Quoting DTW2HYD (Reply 4):
Kid is growing up. Without arrest, probation, probation violation, desk booking, couple of hours in slammer no celebrity's career will take off.

especially one that is famous for nothing really important.

Now he is just like a lot of other 19 year olds I know. Except they drag race a rusty Ford Mustang or worn out Chevy Camaro. The drunk driving part is about the same though.

Quoting Aesma (Reply 2):
Too bad it'll only improve his street cred !

I didn't think he had any to improve.

I wonder what he'll do next? Assault & Battery maybe?
My mug slaketh over on Falstaff N503

ImperialEagle

Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:09 pm

That's pretty lame---a rented Lambo! Sounds like this little rich kid has enough money now to start pouring it into Miami's local legal system---not to mention the lawyers.

Here's an article from today's New York Post;

http://pagesix.com/2014/01/23/justin...ga=1.57464047.437580986.1390095181
"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough!"

falstaff

Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:20 pm

I hope he doesn't have any plans to go to Canada and if he does they better enforce their law of not letting drunk drivers into their country or else it is a slap in the face to regular working stiffs that have ancient DUIs and are prevented from crossing their border. I am the legal system will be manipulated in ways unavailable to us regular folks and he will be able to tour anywhere he wants.

dc9northwest

Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:23 pm

Quoting falstaff (Reply 8):
I hope he doesn't have any plans to go to Canada and if he does they better enforce their law of not letting drunk drivers into their country or else it is a slap in the face to regular working stiffs that have ancient DUIs and are prevented from crossing their border.

I thought he was a Canadian citizen...? There are human rights, ya know... even for him.

I think whoever is enough of an asshole to drink and drive should deal with the consequences.

ImperialEagle

Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:29 pm

I hope he doesn't have any plans to go to Canada

Oklahoma is great for street-racing. Alabama used to be good for street-racing as well, and how is Beiber supposed to get to the street-race if he isn't drunk?

pvjin

Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:38 pm

Quoting falstaff (Reply 6):
I wonder what he'll do next? Assault & Battery maybe?

My bet would go for drug overdose, I wouldn't be surprised if some day he joins the long list of celebrities who have died from that cause.
"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that." - Martin Luther King Jr

dtw2hyd

Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:50 pm

I wonder what he'll do next?

He is checking with Ms.Lohan. Obviously she is the expert in this area.

L-188

Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:53 pm

See his mugshot?

There is more than booze going on there.

http://m.ktuu.com/entertainment/Just...26/24071048/-/3mfnbgz/-/index.html
OBAMA-WORST PRESIDENT EVER....Even SKOORB would be better.

PHLBOS

Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:29 pm

Quoting DTW2HYD (Reply 12):

I wonder what he'll do next?

He is checking with Ms.Lohan. Obviously she is the expert in this area.

I thought she was already his mentor
"TransEastern! You'll feel like you've never left the ground because we treat you like dirt!" SNL Parady ad circa 1981

falstaff

Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:25 pm

Quoting ImperialEagle (Reply 7):
That's pretty lame---a rented Lambo

What company rented him a car without a valid license. I used to work in the rental car business and a valid license was item number one to be able to rent a car. I would imagine a the kind of firm that would rent high end cars would also want to make sure the people who rented from them had a license, just like a place that rents regular cars.

Quoting L-188 (Reply 13):

http://m.ktuu.com/entertainment/Just...26/24071048/-/3mfnbgz/-/index.html

alcohol, "prescription" drugs, marijuana and driving recklessly; sounds like some of my former students. If he was caught driving a Ford Focus I would say he sounds like the typical 19 year old in my neighborhood.

flymia

Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:53 pm

Quoting ImperialEagle (Reply 7):
not to mention the lawyers.

He hired the best criminal defense attorney in Florida and maybe known as he best in the country Roy Black. The guy teaches at my school too. Big time attorney big time attorney fee.

Quoting dc9northwest (Reply 9):
I thought he was a Canadian citizen...?

He is. The charges which he has on him now are probably not enough for deportation but he did admit to using marijuana and prescription drug pills. It will be interesting to see if the state presses more charges on him when they gather more evidence. Deportation is a possibility though. In all likelihood he would voluntarily depart which would not put restrictions on when he can return to the U.S.

I hope he doesn't have any plans to go to Canada and if he does they better enforce their law of not letting drunk drivers into their country or else it is a slap in the face to regular working stiffs that have ancient DUIs and are prevented from crossing their border. I am the legal system will be manipulated in ways unavailable to us regular folks and he will be able to tour anywhere he wants.

He is a Canadian citizen, so Canada has to let him in.
"It was just four of us on the flight deck, trying to do our job" (Captain Al Haynes)

AR385

Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:03 pm

Quoting falstaff (Reply 15):
I used to work in the rental car business and a valid license was item number one to be able to rent a car.

Wouldn´t it be enough with a Canadian license? I used to rent cars at any of the mayor companies with licenses from other places than the US. When I started living there permanently I got a VA gone then a TX one, but I had no trouble before.

Dreadnought

Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:04 pm

Quoting flymia (Reply 16):
He is a Canadian citizen, so Canada has to let him in.

He should be made personna non grata in the US. He is a known troublemaker, thinks of himself above the law - we don't need him.
Democrats haven't been this angry since we took away their slaves.

DeltaMD90

Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:48 pm

I just read into him a little bit... he's such an entitled punk. His attitude and immature actions make me so mad. He acts like the world revolves around him.

I hope he faces whatever consequence a normal person would. I feel really bad for the arresting officer and agency because a very good lawyer (one that Bieber can afford) will microanalyze every action and step taken and may find some tiny discrepancy that would have the case thrown out and the officer/department sued. There is often a reason agencies go light on celebrities...

casinterest

Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:49 pm

I think at the end of all this, he and Miley are gonna get together and Twerk it out.
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did..So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.--Mark Twain

DocLightning

Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:59 pm

Has it occurred to anyone here that getting arrested (actually arrested) for doing something flamboyant is one of the oldest publicity stunts in the book?

I'd give at least even odds that he set out to be arrested. I think he's trying to earn himself some "jackass/asshole" branding. I honestly think this might have been calculated.

It would be nice if he was made an example and given a very long prison sentence. Not because I hate him personally, but because it would send a message to other rising music stars that this is not the way you represent your brand.

It's also possible that he's so out-of-touch with reality (even for an entitled 19yo) that he honestly thought that he could get away with this because he's Justin Beiber. In which case I hope a long prison sentence teaches him that it's not the case.
-Doc Lightning-

"The sky calls to us. If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars."
-Carl Sagan

jetblueguy22

Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:59 pm

What company rented him a car without a valid license

There are tons of pics of him inside clubs drinking and he is 19. I don't think he has trouble getting around these age restrictions. Someone in his posse probably rented it anyways.

I'm so sick of this punk. Everything he does gets put all over the internet. Lets just let him disappear never to be heard from again. Now if only they'd deport him and place a rentry ban on him....
Pat
Look at sweatpants guy. This is a 90 million dollar aircraft, not a Tallahassee strip club

falstaff

Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:05 pm

Quoting jetblueguy22 (Reply 22):
There are tons of pics of him inside clubs drinking and he is 19.

I knew lots of 19 year olds who could get away drinking in bars, I was one of them, but renting a VERY expensive car was out of the questions.

Someone in his posse probably rented it anyways.

I would bet that is the case and I wonder if that guy will face any charges. Back when I worked in the rental car business I had a couple of instances where somebody rented a car for an underage driver (they were caught because the underage driver wrecked the car) the person who rented the car was financially responsible for the car.

akiss20

Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:14 pm

Quoting falstaff (Reply 23):
There are tons of pics of him inside clubs drinking and he is 19.

I knew lots of 19 year olds who could get away drinking in bars, I was one of them, but renting a VERY expensive car was out of the questions.

You'd actually be surprised, I think the higher end places care less about these things. When I was in Qatar, I got to drive a F458 (with a Ferrari rep) and didn't have my license or passport on me (which was dumb, but I had just gotten off the plane about 10 hrs before and wasnt in my "i'm in a foreign country" mode yet).

Also, what really is the downside for them? They get to say they rented to a star like Beiber, which is decent PR, and they know he is rich so any damage he causes will be easily compensated. Maybe if you and I tried it, we would meet some resistance, but a celeb like Beiber? Nah
Change will not come if we wait for some other person or some other time. We are the ones we've been waiting for. We are

srbmod

Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:42 pm

Drinking at 19 is allowed in Canada (18 in Manitoba, Quebec and Alberta), but not in the US. But the thing is that being a celebrity at times means that laws are conveniently ignored (even if it means putting a business at risk of having their license revoked).

He really should be deported as the result of this, as this isn't his first brush with the law in the US and this is a pretty serious arrest. He's really headed down the road to disaster and the way he's going, he's likely to pull a Vince Neil and hurt or kill some folks while behind the wheel in no condition to drive. Last September he was in Las Vegas and was caught stealing a patrol bike used by security officers at the Palms but was not arrested or charged (presumably because he's a celebrity). Deporting him and banning him from the US would pretty much kill his career, as he would be unlikely to be allowed entry into a lot of countries as a result.

ImperialEagle

Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:49 pm

he sounds like the typical 19 year old in my neighborhood.

Well, but they typical 19 year old would be thrown under the jail and might have a court appointed attorney.

Someone in his posse probably rented it

Oh yeah!

Quoting flymia (Reply 16):
Big time attorney big time attorney fee.

Justice American style! 'Ole Roy is the Kennedy's boy. He knows how to work it and who to pay off. It's ALL about the money.

CaliAtenza

Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:50 pm

What company rented him a car without a valid license. I used to work in the rental car business and a valid license was item number one to be able to rent a car. I would imagine a the kind of firm that would rent high end cars would also want to make sure the people who rented from them had a license, just like a place that rents regular cars.

funny thing is, if he had a California license (seeing as he lives in LA), you have to be a real idiot to have it expire. You just send in the money and renewal form and you get it updated. He's on some special "O Visa", so maybe he still has or had a Canadian License.

Silver1SWA

Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:51 pm

Quoting srbmod (Reply 25):
Deporting him and banning him from the US would pretty much kill his career, as he would be unlikely to be allowed entry into a lot of countries as a result.

Which is why I don't see that happening, unfortunately.
ALL views, opinions expressed are mine ONLY and are NOT representative of those shared by Southwest Airlines Co.

flymia

Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:45 pm

Quoting ImperialEagle (Reply 26):
Well, but they typical 19 year old would be thrown under the jail and might have a court appointed attorney.

His case was handled fairly normally. It might have been expedited slightly due the cost to the county in keeping him safe in jail but on a weekday like this it is very normal to be arrested early in the morning and out on bond in the afternoon. Total bond was $2500, the standard bond for his charges.

who to pay off.

Well I don't know about the paying off part but the guy is good at what he does.

Deporting him and banning him from the US would pretty much kill his career, as he would be unlikely to be allowed entry into a lot of countries as a result.

If he was put into deporation proceedings he would have 1. have great lawyers and 2. Take voluntary departure and not have any bans or anything like that on his record. Immigration issues with Canadians aren't the biggest problem the U.S. is concerned about and the charges he has on him now are not bad enough for deportation anyway. Will be interesting if anything else comes up though.
"It was just four of us on the flight deck, trying to do our job" (Captain Al Haynes)

dtw2hyd

Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:46 pm

Drinking at 19 is allowed in Canada
He really should be deported

Put together its a homecoming party by Mayor Ford.

That's true. Bieber is probably desk booked and sent home for a small bail amount of $2500 in no time.

ER757

Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:04 pm

Quoting casinterest (Reply 20):
I think at the end of all this, he and Miley are gonna get together and Twerk it out.

With any luck, they'll drive off a cliff together like Thelma and Louise!!

Quoting flood (Reply 3):
Exclusive first photo of his arrest:

You owe me a new keyboard!

L-188

Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:28 pm

If anybody wishes to sign it, There a petion over at witehouse.gov to revoke his O-1 visa and deport the punk.

So far only 1700 signatures, but that count can only got up!
OBAMA-WORST PRESIDENT EVER....Even SKOORB would be better.

seb146

Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:28 pm

Why is this news? I get that she is a celebrity and has more money than God but, I was listening to KCBS earlier today. They run national news at the top and bottom of every hour. Six times the national news led with that twerp. We have homeless vets and seniors starving and dying of preventable diseases, children who are homeless and hungry, Congress voting themselves raises and then blaming veterans, seniors, and children for the debt and deficit but the top story? This jerk was street racing while high and drunk.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!

Dreadnought

Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:34 pm

Quoting ER757 (Reply 31):
Quoting casinterest (Reply 20):

With any luck, they'll drive off a cliff together like Thelma and Louise!!

I think they are very different. Bieber is just an assh*le kid given too much money too young and is out of control. Miley as far as I can tell is completely in control - knowing that it is quite rare that teen stars' careers survive adulthood, she's made a conscious decision that she wants to completely exterminate her image as Hannah Montana and go more in the direction of Lady Gaga, and is praying that her image makeover allows her to establish a new fanbase - not just 9-year-olds. Agree with her or not, I think she knows what she's doing.

Bieber on the other hand is headed to the ditch.
Democrats haven't been this angry since we took away their slaves.

falstaff

Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:08 pm

Quoting Dreadnought (Reply 34):
Bieber is just an assh*le kid given too much money too young and is out of control.

I knew a guy who did the same. I went to school (and partied) with a guy who had a father die when he was little and his father's large life insurance policy paid off. The money set in a trust until he was 18. At 18 he received $3,000,000. It began with lavish, drug/alcohol fueled parties at the finest hotels. Then it progressed with buying everything in sight and giving them away to hangers on. At 19 he drove his $100,000 Hummer into Six Flags of Mid America will stoned out of his mind. Not long after he bought 14 pounds of marijuana because he thought he would become a big time drug dealer. Of course he had no idea what he was doing and was caught with 13 of the 14 pounds. He was broke by the time he was 20 and I lost all track of the guy after I settled down in my early 20s.

Mike89406

Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:19 pm

It's probably no secret that JB has been asked to go to rehab for a while. I was listening to NPR a couple of days ago and they said he also takes Xanax. That said pills are nothing to mess with. I don't wish any ill will on the kid although I have no interest in his music either.

blueflyer

Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:24 pm

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/deport-justin-bieber-and-revoke-his-green-card/ST1yqHJL

Please sign, but check there are no preteen/teen girls in your vicinity first.

Quoting falstaff (Reply 35):
He was broke by the time he was 20 and I lost all track of the guy after I settled down in my early 20s.

How many cars did you "cost" him?

romeobravo

Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:31 am

Quoting Dreadnought (Reply 18):
He should be made personna non grata in the US. He is a known troublemaker, thinks of himself above the law - we don't need him.

That would be hilarious, and completely just.

WarRI1

Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:54 am

Quoting RomeoBravo (Reply 38):
Quoting Dreadnought (Reply 18):He should be made personna non grata in the US. He is a known troublemaker, thinks of himself above the law - we don't need him. That would be hilarious, and completely just.

It would, but it will not happen. Too much money riding on it in the press, and scandal magazines. We must feed the beast of entertainment.
It is better to die on your feet, than live on your knees.

ltbewr

Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:47 am

With this and other criminal/bad behaviors, I hope he gets a strong penalty before he is dead. He is lucky he and others were not killed or injured in the alleged drag race and him under the influence.
It wouldn't surprise me if he went into some celeb loaded rehab facility to hide from the media and make him look good with the Florida Judicial authorities, to hold down his penalty.

ArmitageShanks

Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:50 am

No they wouldn't. Anyone would have been released under the same bail. Celebrities usually face STRICTER bail requirements as they have the means to bust them easier. He will probably get a slap on the wrist or a minor punishment just like most other non felons would face in similar circumstances. Have you read your local paper under the legal sections? Its FILLED with dismissals, time served, petty fines, etc for almost every minor crime, which this falls under. Is it truely justice...im not sure but I don't think Beiber should have to go to prison for this.

Justice American style! 'Ole Roy is the Kennedy's boy. He knows how to work it and who to pay off. It's ALL about the money.

No, its about using the law to your advantage. And that's what you, I, and anyone under any legal system on the planet would do. Why is he an asshole for wanting the same thing? Are you saying if you did something stupid you'd just accept the punishment the DA handed down? I doubt that.

Viscount724

Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:52 am

Los Angeles Times article focusing on legal issues related to possible deportation etc.
http://www.latimes.com/nation/nation...0123,0,6529313.story#axzz2rGjWL0Q3

Type-Rated

Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:01 am

First thing he needs to do is get rid of his ghetto thug friends. I think they are putting him up to some of these antics.

I heard this on television this morning by some news commentator: "He's trying to be someone from another culture when he has never truly experienced that culture and no matter how hard he tries he'll never be a part of it".

So what does that mean?
Fly North Central Airlines..The route of the Northliners!

Pyrex

Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:30 am

He still has 8 years to go to make it to the 27 Club, do you think he makes it that far? He is starting to look like his caricature in "Arrested Development" - I wonder of GOB was one of the posse members blocking the street so he could do a drag race in the middle of a residential neighborhood at 4:30 AM.

Quoting CaliAtenza (Reply 27):
funny thing is, if he had a California license (seeing as he lives in LA), you have to be a real idiot to have it expire. You just send in the money and renewal form and you get it updated.

Not true at all. I once had to drive around the most dangerous neighborhood in Boston on a Saturday night looking for the police station to bail out a friend of mine because we got pulled over (he was driving) and had an expired California driver's license, so was arrested. He was traveling a lot for work and had tried to do it remotely, but could not because he had reached a limit on the number of consecutive times you can do it or something like that. One day he actually booked a flight to go to CA just to renew his driver's license but it was on a Friday when the CA government was trying to save money so the DMV was closed (that was a totally wasted trip for him).

It was quite a spectacle, seeing three cop cars pull over to arrest who was probably the least suspicious person in that entire neighborhood that night.

Quoting flymia (Reply 29):
the charges he has on him now are not bad enough for deportation anyway

I wonder why that is. As Justin Bieber, I am a guest of the United States, on a qualified worker's visa (not the same type as him) and I guide my actions by the idea that anything wrong that I do is cause for deportation - that is one of the reasons I don't do them. At the end of the day he is an "at-will" guest of the United States and whenever I need to re-enter the country I am reminded of that fact. Didn't we just have a few weeks back an example of a Swedish student in a US school that was refused entry back to the U.S. because he admitted to the immigration officer he had smoked pot?
Read this very carefully, I shall write this only once!

ImperialEagle

Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:51 am

Quoting armitageshanks (Reply 41):
, its about using the law to your advantage.

And here in the US that equates to $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

Quoting armitageshanks (Reply 41):
I don't think Beiber should have to go to prison for this.

It wouldn't have hurt to let his ass sit in the tank and stew a while.

The first reports I heard this morning described a race through a residential neighborhood at speeds so high the cops just called ahead to other units to make the chase. He needs to understand the car is a deadly weapon. Next time he may kill innocent people----just so he can get his kicks. I've sewed a lot of heads on in my day.  

flymia

Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:57 am

Quoting Pyrex (Reply 44):
I wonder why that is. As Justin Bieber, I am a guest of the United States, on a qualified worker's visa (not the same type as him) and I guide my actions by the idea that anything wrong that I do is cause for deportation - that is one of the reasons I don't do them. At the end of the day he is an "at-will" guest of the United States and whenever I need to re-enter the country I am reminded of that fact. Didn't we just have a few weeks back an example of a Swedish student in a US school that was refused entry back to the U.S. because he admitted to the immigration officer he had smoked pot?

You actually might be right. For some reason I thought he was a resident. He is only a visa holder which gives the government much more leeway to decided whether to revoke the visa or not. Still DUI and Driving issues are never a big deal in court unless they become a serious problem. Being a drug addict or addicted to alcohol does get even residents deported though.

EA CO AS

Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:19 am

Quoting Pyrex (Reply 44):
As Justin Bieber, I am a guest of the United States, on a qualified worker's visa (not the same type as him) and I guide my actions by the idea that anything wrong that I do is cause for deportation - that is one of the reasons I don't do them.

We're talking about Justin Bieber; shouldn't the word "worker" be in quotation marks here?  

By the way, whatever happened with that publicized incident a few weeks back where he was supposedly egging a neighbor's home? (The cell phone video was hysterical; the neighbor is telling his teenage daughter to call the cops on Justin Bieber. The word "conflicted" comes screaming to mind.)
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem - government IS the problem." - Ronald Reagan

Comments made here are my own and are not intended to represent the official position of Alaska Air Group

blueflyer

Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:52 am

Isn't there a section in immigration law, called moral hazard or something like that, that is a shortcut for "we don't really have anything severe enough to charge you with but you are clearly a pain in the ass so get out" that could be applied to him?

Quoting EA CO AS (Reply 48):
By the way, whatever happened with that publicized incident a few weeks back where he was supposedly egging a neighbor's home?

Still under investigation.