Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

aaden
Topic Author

How Important Is Your Diet And Exercise To You

Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:07 pm

I'm just curious as to how it important it is to the average anetter and or person in general I guess.

How important is it to you to maintain a healthy weight, exercising regularly, and eating right to you?

if you do exercise- what do you do? and how often?

if you are on a diet, or sometype of health kick/lifestyle what is it? how many times a week do you break it?

And if you arn't doing anything or if you aren't concerned about it- why the lack of effort towards it.

I personally lift, and try and eat pretty healthy.

I'm not looking to judge anybody. I'm just seeing what the norm is.

fr8mech

RE: How Important Is Your Diet And Exercise To You

Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:39 pm

Quoting aaden (Thread starter):
How important is it to you to maintain a healthy weight, exercising regularly, and eating right to you?

It has become very important to me. I'm getting older. I noticed a few years ago that I was having problems when active and my clothes weren't fitting right. I kept having to up the doasge on my cholesterol meds and basically felt like crap.

I run 3-5 miles, 3 times a week. I do some light weight training on and a 20 mins on a stationary bike on the off days.

if you are on a diet, or sometype of health kick/lifestyle what is it? how many times a week do you break it?

To tell you the truth, all I've done is restrict my caloric intake to about 2000 cal/day. I eat whatever I want. If I do go over, I go over...no big deal. But, I rarely go over. Like, once every 2 weeks or something like that because we have a night out or are hosting some kind of get together.
When seconds count, the police are minutes away, or may not come at all.
It’s hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it’s damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person. ~B. Murray
Ego Bibere Capulus, Ut Aliis Sit Vivere

oly720man

Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:02 pm

Gluten and dairy free for me. List of symptoms broadly under the umbrella of self awareness/perception/identity/sense of "me" that cleared up slowly, but still not completely, after going dairy free over 3 years ago. Related problems with gluten/wheat as well as chronic indigestion and other gastric issues. Don't break it, I feel [email protected]/detached/foggy if I do.

Other foods also have undesirable effects. Some nuts.

Rarely drink alcohol because I don't feel anything that would make me want to do it.
wheat and dairy can screw up your brain

Aesma

Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:11 am

Man, if fr8mech needs cholesterol meds with that diet/exercise combo, I know I'm in trouble ! I guess that's why I avoid doctors (not getting sick helps a lot).

I'm fat and do no exercise, although I must change, but I've known this for years and it hasn't happened. My life is now changing in other areas for the better as I'm no more unemployed, so I need to get up every morning at least, and my work is not entirely at a desk even if in IT, I walk a couple of Km a day to go places and troubleshoot things in the extremely large building (campus really) where I work.

On the food side I will eat too much if not being a bit careful, but you will not see me pack up my plate with food or order two menus at McDo or avoid vegetables or things like that, it's just that over the course of a day I'll have eaten too much bread or pasta or something like that. I'm starting to pay more attention to this, eating at the company restaurant helps as there are always healthy choices (fish, vegetables, sauces are separated, etc.). I can eat everything and like almost everything, not really helpful but I love my salted butter and my baguette !

Combined with the walking I'm already seeing results and will soon need new clothes, but I'm far from obsessed.
New Technology is the name we give to stuff that doesn't work yet. Douglas Adams

WarRI1

Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:02 am

Very important. I manage my type 2 Diabetes with diet and exercise. I took myself off of the medicine two years ago. I have always kept myself in shape. The diabetes gives one a different outlook on exercise and diet.
It is better to die on your feet, than live on your knees.

YVRLTN

Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:19 am

I am over weight and have been on the Dr Sears Zone diet for just over a year. I have lost 10" off my waist but still want to lose 4" more. This is a very balanced diet and allows me to eat normal meals pretty much, but is low on carbs.

I usually have 2-3 drinks (vodka / soda instead of beer) on Friday night as my rebellion. I just spent 5 days at an all inclusive resort in Mexico - I needed the break to get away from everything including diet - and I went for it, ice creams, lots of alcohol, seconds & thirds, desserts. I notice it this week...

I have very little time for exercise, I hate running and so do my knees and feet. In summer I cycled 2-3 times a week, sometimes up to 40 kms. Now the evenings are beginning to get lighter again and with the clocks to spring forward soon, I hope to get back into it. I may also consider a gym membership at work, I always used to weight train when I was younger and dont think it will take too much to get back into it. I never have as I know I will never make good enough use of my membership and it will be a waste of money, but I should make the effort as I dont think diet alone will help me achieve my goals as quickly as I would like..
Follow me on twitter for YVR movements @vernonYVR

jetblueguy22

Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:58 am

It really wasn't important to me until this past May. I was on the pudgy side but I never really thought I was out of shape. I did a lot of walking around my college campus, and I figured that was enough. But then I started working at UPS loading trailers. Boy was that a wake up call. I was a lot more out of shape than I thought. I used the toughness of the job to motivate myself to lose weight. I needed the job and I wasn't going to give up. So I started just pushing through it. My diet on the other hand isn't fantastic. I usually only eat about 2,000-2,500 calories a day, but usually it is crap food. Usually a coffee and some type of eggs and greasy meat for breakfast (well lunch time for most people . What can I say, I'm in college) and then don't eat until 10 PM which is when I'm on my way back from work. Usually I'm so tired and still have homework so I end up getting some type of fast food. Sleepiness is no excuse for a poor diet, but it's a heck of a lot easier to stop for a double-crap loaded burger with cheese than go home and cook.

I consider work my workout. Monday-Friday I'm lifting, hopping all over, jumping over belts to get our trailers out on time. When we have a day where we are closed I always try to do something, even if it is small just to get myself going. I also got one of those Up bands. It tracks your sleep and steps in a day. I try to get a minimum of 12,000 steps a day. Which actually is a breeze at work. When I work doubles I have crossed 32,000 steps in a day. Not bad if you ask me.

The weekends ruin my progress during the week. When I get home Friday night my roommates are always drinking and playing some type of game. So I start having some beers and before I know it a lot are gone. Saturdays are more of the same. I don't drink enough for it to be a huge wrecking for the week. But the carbs certainly add up.
Pat
Look at sweatpants guy. This is a 90 million dollar aircraft, not a Tallahassee strip club

PhilBy

Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:59 am

I'ts important but I like my food and wine too much.

I used to train 2-3hours per day and eat above 3000calories. When I had to reduce my sports due to injury I didn't reduce my calories enough. Now I'm overweight and by my standards very unfit. I do 2-3 hours per week in the gym. When he weather and meeting schedules permit I like to cycle to work a couple of times a week, which is 40-50km each way.
I've calculated that, really I need to reduce my calories to about 1400 per day until I'm back at a sensible weight but I enjoy cooking too much. Alcohol-free beer helps.

fr8mech

Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:45 pm

Quoting Aesma (Reply 3):
Man, if fr8mech needs cholesterol meds with that diet/exercise combo, I know I'm in trouble ! I guess that's why I avoid doctors (not getting sick helps a lot).

That was the past. As of my last cholesterol check visit, I am off the meds. I have a physical scheduled next month. It will be my first off the meds in 7 or 8 years. Eager to see the results.

Quoting jetblueguy22 (Reply 6):
The weekends ruin my progress during the week

If you look at it as a week-to-week process vs a day-to-day process, you can overcome a 'bad' weekend. Too many folks fall of the wagon on the weekend and decide that all is lost. I stay at or under 2000 calories a day during the work week, but I don't begrudge myself a bump up on the weekend when I'm doing something with friends.

So I start having some beers and before I know it a lot are gone.

Beer, even piss-water, light beer is a killer. I drink bourbon (76 calories/ounce) mixed with a splash of light cranberry (15 cals/ounce). While, the light beer can come in 80-110 per 12 ounce, I find that I put a bunch more of those down in a short amount of time, especially in a social setting. I always wind up sipping my bourbon and only having a couple vs. 5 or 6 beers in the same amount of time.

Quoting PhilBy (Reply 7):
I've calculated that, really I need to reduce my calories to about 1400 per day until I'm back at a sensible weight but I enjoy cooking too much.

What's your per week weight loss goal?

I love to cook (and eat), but I'm able to keep to a 2000/day without too much trouble. I track the ingredients in my recipes (I use the LoseIt App) and I don't skimp. If it says sugar, I use sugar. Butter, milk, flour, whatever...I use it, but track it. If the meal is calorie dense, I reduce my portion.

Usually I'm so tired and still have homework so I end up getting some type of fast food.

That is the one real concession I've made to my new healthier lifestyle. I have completely cut out fast-food. The last time I had a burger or chicken sandwich from a McDonalds, Burger-King, et al was November 2011. I don't miss it one bit. I will go to Wendy's for a full Apple-Pecan salad which comes in at 570 calories. Drop the blue cheese (which I detest) and you come in at 450. Filling and as easy as a Big Mac (570 calories). Takes longer to eat, which tends to curb your appetite.
It’s hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it’s damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person. ~B. Murray

PhilBy

Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:30 pm

Quoting fr8mech (Reply 8):
What's your per week weight loss goal?

I lost the exact details somewhere but it was based on 4-6 months to go from 88kg -> 70kg allowing for 50hrs per week driving the mouse. I've just switched my gym routine from strength to continuous effort on the crosstrainer at 140-150BPM (optimum fat reduction). It took 40mins to hit the real fat-burn regime so I might need to extend my sessions from their current 50mins.

Quoting fr8mech (Reply 8):
I have completely cut out fast-food.

Fortunately this isn't a problem that I have. The grease in a McD or burger-king makes me feel nauseous. Bread, however, is a real problem.

aaden
Topic Author

Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:18 pm

Quoting PhilBy (Reply 7):
I'ts important but I like my food and wine too much.

I used to train 2-3hours per day and eat above 3000calories. When I had to reduce my sports due to injury I didn't reduce my calories enough. Now I'm overweight and by my standards very unfit. I do 2-3 hours per week in the gym. When he weather and meeting schedules permit I like to cycle to work a couple of times a week, which is 40-50km each way.
I've calculated that, really I need to reduce my calories to about 1400 per day until I'm back at a sensible weight but I enjoy cooking too much. Alcohol-free beer helps.

Philby,

Would you mind explaining to me why you allowed yourself to get to the overweight, and unfit level?

I'm not trying to pick anyone apart for their choices.- I'm simply looking for feedback as I'm struggling with my own.

I was a high end athlete who trains a ton still, and attempts to eat right. I'm attached to the way I look, and what I can achieve physically, as its apart of me....but I have no need...other than my self esteem to continue. And pizza beer, food tastes awesome.
And I love the gym- but the war is won in the kitchen, and I'm trying to understand why I fight it- and some don't, and whether I should as hard as I do.

DucatiRacer

Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:33 pm

My physical fitness is very important to me. I am currently working with a IFBB Pro trainer to get in near competition condition (Physique) by May. As a result, I am more focused on building muscle and thus gaining weight at the moment. Cutting down will occur the final month of the program and until then I do NO CARDIO, as I need my calories for recovery and growth. I started in January at 170 lbs and about 15% body fat and am currently at 181 lbs and 10.4%. Goal for end of April is 190 to 195 with no more than about 7% body fat.

I do weight training 4 days a week, Monday through Thursday, and play polo (equestrian) on Saturdays and Sundays for about 1.5 hours each day.

I follow a fairly strict diet that involves eating 8 meals per day on training days (3 of which are shakes), and 6 per day on non training days (1 shake each day). Meals include 10 egg whites (which I drink because I'm too lazy to cook and eat them) and oatmeal in the morning, lean beef, grilled chicken, grilled tilapia and grilled salmon each day, along with brown rice, sweet potato green beans, broccoli and asparagus (no carbs after 6:30pm).
I cheat 2 times per weekend, usually dinners on Friday and Saturday, but even those cheats are fairly healthy. For example, I will have a ribeye steak and baked potato with butter as a dinner meal, with a couple of drinks (Tennessee whiskey, neat). Other than those cheat meals, I add no salt or fats/oils to my diet, and no added sugar other than pure glucose which I add to my pre, intra and post workout hydration.

PhilBy

Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:10 pm

Quoting aaden (Reply 10):
Would you mind explaining to me why you allowed yourself to get to the overweight, and unfit level?

The brief version: It's insidious. too much bread and wine, too little sport over a prolonged period.

The long and rambling version:

Originally I would spend 2-3 hrs per day training (kayak racing) on the river and at the gym, I also cycled a lot - my commute to work was approx 100 hilly km round trip once or twice per week. I raced (kayaks) about 20 weekends per year. With that I could eat as I liked with no problems. There is one canoe/kayak race in the UK every easter that's 200km. The recommended intake for the run-up and race is 5000-6000 calories per day.
I then had a shoulder injury that the doctor told me was muscular and needed rest. I had to stop training for a while and started to put on weight. Every time it gave me problems I was told to rest it.
To counter this I took up adventure racing as a side-line. This meant taking up jogging which I had mostly avoided up till then. Having got through the initial painful bit (shin-splints etc) and found some good shoes (2 hours in a very good running shop) I was then running at lunch-time 8-14km 3-5 times per week and mixing kayak and adventure racing (6-12 hour races mainly involving off road running, MTB and orienteering). I still had recurring shoulder problems.
I then emigrated. This meant that I was out of touch with the competitions and had other priorities.
After a while I had a major problem with my shoulder and was scanned, x-rayed etc and then operated on for a partial dislocation and resulting instability. This meant more time with no exercise and no lack of good food and good cheap wine.

Over here, with a few exceptions, sports are only acceptable as part of a club. In the UK you can join the 'British Canoe Union' without joining a club and you can compete as an individual. Over here, you have to join an association through a club. For canoe competitions it is the club that submits the entries. It cannot be done as an individual. Sorting things out took time. I have now joined a gym and started getting back into competitions but do not find the time to train as I used to.

The main problem is the exercise food balance.
If you do a lot of exercise you eat to match. A week without exercise but normal calorie intake can make a noticeable weight increase which then takes several weeks to counter. While I do sports I can eat and drink. While I had an evil cold over christmas and took no exercise for 3 weeks I put on several kg which are now going. Each hour of excercise missed adds about 100g fat assuming no change in intake.
The second is type of exercise. For real weight loss it must be lower intensity, prolonged exercise. I started at the gym with strength building (high intensity) as I felt weak compared to my previous state (I still do but not so badly). I've now transitioned to lower intensity more prolonged exercise and while tedious the weight has started decreasing. I'm hoping that I can find time between meetings and bad weather to get back into cycling to work (40km each way) once or twice a week. In my youth bad weather never stopped me but after enough years of getting back into wet cycling kit at the end of the day for a 2hour journey it becomes less motivating.

Therefore:
Rule 1: always make sure that you find enought time to train. It's easy to take a week off and then realise that it was a month.
Rule 2: watch what you eat. It's equally easy to have a treat at the weekend, pizza a few beers/wine etc. The weekend can soon become 3 evenings with the occasional mid-week lapse.

smittyone

Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:19 pm

LOL.

Not something you consciously decide to do. Who wakes up and says "You know what, I'm going to overeat and lie around in order to become unfit and unhealthy." Nobody.

Instead, the path to being out of shape is paved with daily small decisions to not make a better food choice or to defer a needed workout until you look back and realize that it has been years since you really put together a solid week of taking care of yourself properly.

Too much hard (but sedentary) work, family obligations and other distractions - coupled with the unfortunate tendency to just 'play' less as we age - facilitate this process. It then becomes a conscious effort to "get back in shape" which means change. And changing routines is very hard for most people.

Edit:

One thing I do find interesting is how there are people on the other end of the spectrum...the total 'muscle man' types who are obsessed with weight lifting, with their protein powders and all the rest. Never really saw the point of that and question their degree of mental fitness.

Balance is the key IMO, the classical Greek statue body not the Incredible Hulk steroid freak.

[Edited 2014-02-13 09:55:31]

fr8mech

Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:09 pm

but the war is won in the kitchen,

Well said, but I want to change it a small bit:

The war is won at the dinner table. That's where we dole out the portions.

I take the stand that we can eat just about anything we want, so long as we remain within the calorie range that our body requires to maintain a specific weight or lose weight.

Apparently, as we get older, our bodies need less and we must adjust or get fat.

If we reduce our activity level, whether through injury, illness or apathy, we need to reduce our caloric intake...or get fat.

There is a transition period where you will remain hungry...all..the...freaking...time. But, that period passes as your body becomes accustomed to the lower intake levels. There is also the fact that as you loss weight, your caloric needs are lower.

Mike89406

Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:06 pm

Going to the gym to lift weights gets old really quick for me. This is coming from someone who took weight training in high school. I'm in my early 40s but still tall and slender for my height. I haven't spent most of my life in a gym to maintain that, however I suppose having a higher than normal metabolism helps. I'm an outdoors person and keep active that's sort of my secret it's the little things like daily walks, doing chores, and not watching too much TV. Someone once told me fitness is not just something you have to do or struggle to maintain its a lifestyle and it's true. I haven't really worked out in a while but I plan on getting back in to it.

I do a little P90x from time to time, however before I was ready for that I started with cardio, perfect push-ups, a little running for a couple of weeks to a month to step up to the level of fitness I needed to be ready for more strenuous workouts like P90x. Usually a couple of weeks to a month of cardio and exercise then I step up in to P90x. Once I was there I had to make workouts a priority in my schedule no matter how I felt that day or week.

I didn't take supplements per se but I drink fluids and recovery drink right after workout. I might drink a energy drink like speed stack before some workouts.

I do eat healthier than the average joe but I don't eat super heathy all the time. I live snacking so I would eat flavored almonds, high fiber stuff if it's later at night. I try to eat more vegetables with my dinner, fruits for breakfast. Peanut butter sandwiches etc... I stay away from table sugar and salt, white or enriched flour, eat whole grains. I eat pretty good after working out. I do eat meats with lunch or dinner, eggs or cereal with breakfast etc...

DocLightning

Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:51 pm

Very important. We adhere to the paleo diet (took 30 lb off me) and I work out vigorously 5-6x/wk. Started doing some body-weight/cardio training recently while I've been unable to swim (perforated eardrum). Burpees (pure pain), shuffles, shuffle-punch, dancing crabs, box jumps (oh god I hate box jumps), tinkerbells... It's god-awfully wonderful.   But the best part is that it's not a friggin' rat-wheel machine. I hate the rat wheel (except spinning class, which I totally didn't understand until I tried it).

The results after two weeks of this sort of training are impressive. It's been a week of this and I have my six-pack back. This is important for a gay man. We all are expected to have washboard abs.   This is very interesting, to me, though, because one thing I've been hearing in some places is that following an all-cardio regimen is not necessarily the best way to get lean. There's this concept of "aerobic lock" where your body gets stuck in a rut. I think that since age 30, that's where I've been.

I'm now trying to figure out what's going to be an optimum balance once I can get back in the water. Right now I'm thinking of starting with three water days and two dry-land days per week. The other challenge is finding an environment to do the dry land. I need an instructor or trainer with me, and it needs to be done on a schedule that works (before work). There are some small gyms that do offer early AM cross-training/body-weight classes, but they often don't have showers. I work out before work, so that's a non-starter.
-Doc Lightning-

"The sky calls to us. If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars."
-Carl Sagan

Mike89406

Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:27 am

I've heard about the paleo diet and sounds like you're getting good results. For me the P90x was a challenge once I was in shape for it. I can handle the physical bit with my work schedule and family responsibilities the scheduling can be stressful. I managed to do this for 3 years straight and the defenition on my muscles were remarkable. I wasn't huge but cut up. Because I cut out sugars and processed flour etc.. I saw the six pack lines.

One other thing is I was taking a centrum multivitamin with dinner. After meals I had a cup of coffee without processed sugar or caffeinated beverage to help my metabolism. I guess a lot of little things contributed to bigger results for me.

PhilBy

Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:21 am

Quoting Smittyone (Reply 13):
One thing I do find interesting is how there are people on the other end of the spectrum...the total 'muscle man' types who are obsessed with weight lifting, with their protein powders and all the rest. Never really saw the point of that and question their degree of mental fitness.

Balance is the key IMO, the classical Greek statue body not the Incredible Hulk steroid freak.

I had a greek colleague who was into weights at the gym for the purpose of looking good for the ladies. We told him that this had no practical purpose and with his agreement entered him into a local half- marathon. I also did it to give him support. To his credit he did finish but with a time slightly over 3hrs 30.

planewasted

Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:36 pm

It is important to me, but I'm no health freak. I always exercise regularly, simply because I like it. Right now the main exercise is to cycle to work and back, 21 km (13 miles) per work day. It also happens a few times per month that I lift weights and run.

I'm not that picky with diet, just one golden rule: NO SUGAR! No soda, cookies and other stuff, except if someone gives it to me. Sugar really messes up your body, and if you don't eat it regularly you don't crave for it.

The bad things: Beer, gin & tonic and wine is consumed a bit too often. I smoke a cigarette or two or three per week.  Wow! But hey, you need to enjoy life also..

shaq

Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:06 am

Im thin since I know. So,I never had problems with obesity.
Right now im in college and I go to the gym four days a week. I dont follow a specific diet, but try to eat 4-6 times a day.
I have like a month in the gym. Hope to keep up thw work!
Studying hard, for flying right!

Aaron747

Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:53 am

I was never really able to build muscle as a teen and in my 20s, so I kind of gave up on that. I was always active with hiking, tennis, and swimming, but even so with the standard caloric intake of an American in their 20s, I put on weight in a couple of places.

Now in my early 30s I really don't need to look after my weight so much, and I think much of that is due to the staple foods in Japan. I only treat myself to non-Japanese food on weekends. During the week, I eat like a lot of health-conscious people here eat - soy products with breakfast, a meaty lunch, and dinner heavy on vegetables, fish and/or rice. I lost 15 lbs within the first year of living here and have maintained the same weight since, despite growing income and more options.

I don't exercise regularly per se though my lady friend and I often do extended walks on weekends, and during the work week I'm often on the go and there are a lot of brisk walks and thousands of stair steps per week in subway stations, buildings, and elsewhere. I should get one of those apps to track that stuff because I'm sure it adds up to a couple of cardio sessions in the gym.

Sometimes environment is a big factor too.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty

AMT588248

Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:14 pm

When I was younger in my teenage years going into my early 20's. I really didn't take exercise and eating healthy seriously until my grandmother was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes. It's not just my grandmother, but pretty much most of my family has a history of heath problems. So it is very important to live a healthy life style. Usually I try to work out 6 times a week with running 3x a week and eating heathy, though I do cheat once a week.

HAWK21M

Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:21 am

Yes 5 days a week.sometimes a little less.lots of stretching,free hand exercises,sometimes equipment at the gym.

Drink a lot of water it helps.....I try to avoid the things not to be eaten/drunk.....but I do adjust on the things that can be eaten.I try not to break it 25days a month....one has to enjoy too.

And if you arn't doing anything or if you aren't concerned about it- why the lack of effort towards it.

Look at the mirror, you will want to be fit...thats motivation enough...to me only work and studies take the time away.....but as soon as I get some free time exercise is third on my list after work and studies.

I personally lift, and try and eat pretty healthy.

Try to be happy thats the best exercise ever.....
I may not win often, but I damn well never lose!!! ;)

casinterest

Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:19 am

I am off again, on again.

I have had some physical ailment setbacks, but I try to workout in the gym(weights) 2 -3 times a week. I have recently made it back up to 5 miles for jogging 2-3 times a week,

I think the biggest issue is that you need some consistency. it took a HBP reading to convince me to get back to working out.

I need to stick with it for health reasons. I actually feel better after working out.
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did..So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.--Mark Twain

fr8mech

Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:04 pm

Quoting casinterest (Reply 24):
I actually feel better after working out.

I am trying to drum that into my kids.

When the routine is in place and you enjoy what you've put together...you actually miss it when you don't do it.