Amazing how this stuff can still be believed:

http://www.memri.org/report/en/0/0/0/0/0/51/7940.htm
21 year airliners.net vet! 2000-2021

ImperialEagle

RE: Egyptian Newspaper Claims Jewish Blood Libel

Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:17 am

Quoting zrs70 (Thread starter):

Oh yeah. And generation after generation of children in the Middle Eastern countries have been and still are taught this hateful propaganda. Ridiculous.
"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough!"

sfbdude

Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:19 am

This isn't just some Egyptian thing. This is a widely talked about topic and actually has some historical facts to back it.

AyostoLeon

Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:43 am

You are right, it isn't just some Egyptian thing. It is a story that has been repeated in many countries as it served a purpose. It fits with the demonisation of a group that is different, regarded as separate and a threat. That it has absolutely no basis in reality is immaterial. People will believe it because they want to and it serves to justify their hatred.

The only thing that is factual about the article is that Jews commemorate the Passover and as part of that eat matzot. That Jews kidnap and murder non-Jews to drink their blood as part of a ritual is pure fantasy. The most "harmful" ingredients are water and flour that may be made from wheat, barley, spelt, rye and oats.

Sadly such stories persist and it is not just Jews who are the target of malicious slanders. For example, many people in Europe still believe that Roma are itinerant thieves who have no respect for laws or education and are work shy. Tales of "gypsies" stealing children also used to be common. Yet the reality is that most Roma are settled, work and just as eager to have their children in school, facts that are ignored by those who need a scapegoat.

Those who hate will hate, as the saying goes. Possibly because it makes them feel better about themselves and their own failings.
The person with no dignity eats his dinner twice

pvjin

Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:06 pm

It's easy to feed uneducated people with fairytales like this, lack of education tends to be the main cause for nearly all irrational acts of hate and violence all around the world. Lack of education is also the reason why democracy doesn't work in countries like Egypt, people who are totally ignorant of the big picture aren't rational voters.
"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that." - Martin Luther King Jr

us330

Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:17 pm

Quoting SFBdude (Reply 2):
This is a widely talked about topic and actually has some historical facts to back it.

You might want to clarify what you mean by this statement. Are you saying that you think the blood libel slander is actually true or that Egyptian newspapers aren't the only ones to publish ridiculous anti-Semitic garbage like this story?

ImperialEagle

Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:23 pm

Quoting AyostoLeon (Reply 3):
it makes them feel better about themselves and their own failings.

Yes. Show me a serious "hater" and I will show you a severe inferiority complex.  

avi

Thu Jun 05, 2014 2:17 pm

I'm not amazed at all.
When people are driven by hate and ignorance, and you can find such people right in this forum, you don't have to look far, everything is possible.
Long live the B747

zrs70
Topic Author

Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:26 pm

actually has some historical facts to back it.

Can you post the source of any facts?
21 year airliners.net vet! 2000-2021

edka

Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:46 pm

Sadly, not surprising. Arab media is full of this shit.

This isn't just some Egyptian thing. This is a widely talked about topic and actually has some historical facts to back it.

I think you better explain yourself...

DeltaMD90

Thu Jun 05, 2014 6:06 pm

I think the only historical evidence to back this up is that this rumor has gone around for a very long time. For people that grew up not knowing any better I can see how they wouldn't know that but everyone else? Come on

SOBHI51

Thu Jun 05, 2014 6:09 pm

The most stupid article i have ever read. The author is a an expert (she claims) in beauty, health and fashion has no job writing such stupidity. I did share on two occasion, once in Egypt the other in the USA, with Jewish friends there passover ritual, eaten the Matzo, i am not a big fan of it but for sure it did not have any blood in it.

Also that newspaper, ALKIBAR, well i never heard of it till now, did a wide search, and the only mention of it was related to this article.
I am against any terrorist acts committed under the name of Islam

LH526

Thu Jun 05, 2014 6:24 pm

Rumor or not ... even if it's true, most Jews nowaday are enlighted and simply DON'T GO STRAIGHT BY THE BOOK, because they are educated, evolved and have an open mind. Not so much most Muslims who still life their lifes close to the quran, comit honor murder and tell women to cover their head "becaus the quran says so"
Even the bible hast most appaling passages, but you don't see christians killing neighbours for working on the sabbat, just because, you guess it, 99.999% of them are enlighted and educated ...
Trittst im Morgenrot daher, seh ich dich im Strahlenmeer ...

solarflyer22

Thu Jun 05, 2014 6:59 pm

THANK YOU SOBHI51.

Quoting SOBHI51 (Reply 11):
Also that newspaper, ALKIBAR, well i never heard of it till now, did a wide search, and the only mention of it was related to this article.

I've got a very prominent news reporter friend in Egypt who appears on TV somewhat regularly and when I read this I thought "what the hell is Al Kibar?". Though I am not a Egypt expert, I am an Iran expert and I can tell you exactly what it is people do based on my own experience. Here is the recipe:

a) Find an exceedingly small fringe group making anti-Semitic statements via website, paper or flyers (as in Ukraine)
a.1) Provide Westerners with exaggerated, incomplete or outright lie in the translated version. No one double checks because they don't speak Arabic, Turkish, Persian etc.
b) Extrapolate said ideology onto an entire population (i.e Muslims, Egyptians, Iranians, Palestinians, target of convenience)
c) Use said sympathy for political sympathy and traction (defund Hamas, sanction Iran, provide weapons to IDF)

Al Kibar is not even in the top 20 of newspapers and sites in Egypt. If Egyptians really thought there was blood drinking was going on, you really think they'd just write about it?

You can cherry pick from American fringe groups too. Trust me, you'd find a lot of dirt.

Top Egypt Newspapers & News Sites
Youm7Youm7
AhramAhram
MasrawyMasrawy
Al Masry al YoumAl Masry al Youm
ShoroukShorouk
Akhbarak.netAkhbarak.net
Al WafdAl Wafd
El FagrEl Fagr
El WatanEl Watan
Yallakora.comYallakora.com
DostorDostor
Akhbar el YomAkhbar el Yom
Almogaz.comAlmogaz.com
Moheet.comMoheet.com
Al GomhuriaAl Gomhuria
Dostorasly.comDostorasly.com
Al MesryoonAl Mesryoon
Stad El AhlyStad El Ahly
IkhwanOnline.comIkhwanOnline.com
FilGoal.comFilGoal.com

DocLightning

Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:00 pm

The only thing that is factual about the article is that Jews commemorate the Passover and as part of that eat matzot. That Jews kidnap and murder non-Jews to drink their blood as part of a ritual is pure fantasy. The most "harmful" ingredients are water and flour that may be made from wheat, barley, spelt, rye and oats.

Blood isn't even kosher. When an animal is slaughtered in kosher fashion, the carcas is supposed to be hung up neck down so that the blood drains out. And certainly, human flesh isn't kosher. We're not cloven-hooved ruminants.

Of course there are other "blood libels" against other groups. Gays are pedophiles, Muslims kill puppies and consider dogs unclean, Mormons are polygamists that rape little girls (although there's a tiny grain of truth in that one), etc. etc. etc.
-Doc Lightning-

"The sky calls to us. If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars."
-Carl Sagan

DeltaMD90

Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:20 pm

Quoting DocLightning (Reply 14):
Blood isn't even kosher. When an animal is slaughtered in kosher fashion, the carcas is supposed to be hung up neck down so that the blood drains out.

I was gonna mention that. It's ironic that this rumor is not only wrong but pretty much the exact opposite of what they are supposed to do...

ImperialEagle

Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:19 pm

Quoting EDKA (Reply 9):
I think you better explain yourself...

I think this one sentence says it all about him:

This is a widely talked about topic and actually has some historical facts to back it.
Quoting lh526 (Reply 12):
most Muslims who still life their lifes close to the quran, comit honor murder and tell women to cover their head "becaus the quran says so"

or cultivate, process and distribute heroin------ yet have a moral objection to alcohol!

AyostoLeon

Fri Jun 06, 2014 1:51 am

Quoting DocLightning (Reply 14):
Blood isn't even kosher.

True, as every Muslim would know. The Qur'an makes clear, as Jews were forbidden to consume blood so too are Muslims.

No doubt the purveyors of such libels make the claim to "prove" how far Jews have strayed from the path of righteousness. Yet in telling such lies, they themselves stray from the same path.

If ever there was proof against the religion of many it is that so few practice what they preach - it is written, "you do not truly believe, unless you wish for your brother what you wish for yourself". Does anyone really want lies written about themselves?
The person with no dignity eats his dinner twice

SOBHI51

Fri Jun 06, 2014 5:00 am

Quoting ImperialEagle (Reply 16):
or cultivate, process and distribute heroin

sfbdude

Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:59 am

SOBHI51, Its funny because the article itself talks about how the Jews used certain tactics to distract people from the bigger picture. It seems like on these forums, anytime someone talks about or criticizes Jews, their use of a distraction is to trash the Muslims to derail the topic at hand. And the use an Arab source for this article almost seems like that was the intention behind this thread considering there are probably hundreds of different links and articles out there talking about this very topic.

ImperialEagle

Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:32 am

SOHBI, I am talking about how strange it is that the economies of Pakistan and Afghanistan are propped-up by the heroin market. Yet, there is a moral objection to alcohol. It doesn't belong in this post as I had just read another thread I meant to put it in. I had an exhausting day.  

SOBHI51

Fri Jun 06, 2014 2:20 pm

Quoting ImperialEagle (Reply 20):
I am talking about how strange it is that the economies of Pakistan and Afghanistan

So does a couple of non Muslim countries in South America, and Asia. Don't think it has nothing to do with religion.

n229nw

Fri Jun 06, 2014 5:42 pm

You are right, it isn't just some Egyptian thing. It is a story that has been repeated in many countries as it served a purpose. It fits with the demonisation of a group that is different, regarded as separate and a threat. That it has absolutely no basis in reality is immaterial. People will believe it because they want to and it serves to justify their hatred.

Sadly such stories persist and it is not just Jews who are the target of malicious slanders. For example, many people in Europe still believe that Roma are itinerant thieves who have no respect for laws or education and are work shy. Tales of "gypsies" stealing children also used to be common. Yet the reality is that most Roma are settled, work and just as eager to have their children in school, facts that are ignored by those who need a scapegoat.

Those who hate will hate, as the saying goes. Possibly because it makes them feel better about themselves and their own failings.

Thank you for the best post on here.

It's funny, during the whole time that the "Maria" episode was going on in Greece. I kept thinking of the parallels to the Jewish blood libel. Even if that Roma couple involved had been found to have kidnapped the blond girl (which they weren't,) instead of covering it as one couple who kidnapped a child, it was "The Gypsies"! This despite the fact that there isn't a single documented case of Roma having stolen white children ever that I am aware of--making this one of the least founded prejudices ever.

The difference between the cases is that while this is some fringe newspaper in Egypt, in the "Maria" case it was all of the biggest-circulation western tabloids printing stuff about Gypsies stealing children, "Maybe Maddie McCann was stolen by the Gypsies too" and blah blah blah.

In any case, it's a disgusting article. It's too bad that human nature seems to draw us to find groups to scapegoat--Jews, Muslims, Roma, and on and on...
All Glory to the Hypnotoad!