Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

TheCommodore
Topic Author

Israel To Build 1,500 West Bank Homes

Fri Jun 06, 2014 5:52 am

Can you believe it !

Israel unveiled the plans yesterday in what housing minister Uri Ariel described as a......

“fitting Zionist response to the formation of a Palestinian terror government”

And this from the Minister for Housing too.......A Mr Ariel.

“When Israel is spat upon, it has to do something about it,” he told Israel radio.

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/world...ld-1-500-west-bank-homes-1.1822253

When will the world decide its had enough of this crap from Israel and decided to....... "sit upon Israel" ?
“At first, they'll only dislike what you say, but the more correct you start sounding the more they'll dislike you.”

SOBHI51

RE: Israel To Build 1,500 West Bank Homes

Fri Jun 06, 2014 5:59 am

Quoting TheCommodore (Thread starter):
Can you believe it !

From this Israeli government YES.
I am against any terrorist acts committed under the name of Islam

Kiwirob

Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:33 am

It's about time hard and meaningful sanctions were placed on Israel.

NorthstarBoy

Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:09 am

Quoting KiwiRob (Reply 2):

I agree, but you know it'll never happen. The U.S. would be the first and loudest to veto even the weakest sanctions against Israel.

Israel pulls stunts like this because they know they can get away with it. If one doesnt agree, just look at history. Israel bombs the king david hotel, nothing happens. Israel bombs a U.S. Warship (which in and of itself could be said to be a blatant act of war against the United States), nothing happens. Israel even went so far as to annex a piece of another country, and, ta-da, nothing happened. If any other country on the face of the earth did that-Iraq war anyone? cause of? Iraq annexing Kuwait-not allowed, Israel annexing part of Lebabon, "you go right ahead, we wont stop you." Furthermore, Israel routinely ignores who knows how many UN Security Council resolutions levied against it and, again, nothing happens.

Honestly, I think the only thing that might get Israel's attention in regards to stopping the settlements is to send in planes to bomb them into oblivion after they've been built but before they're occupied.
Yes, I'd like to see airbus go under so Boeing can have their customers!

Kiwirob

Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:12 am

Quoting NorthstarBoy (Reply 3):
The U.S. would be the first and loudest to veto even the weakest sanctions against Israel.

So what if the US veto it, most countries don't support the US embargo on Cuba, so there's no reason why everyone else in the would couldn't put the screw on Israel.

flyingturtle

Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:41 am

Yeah, Israel again.

The only country where the housing minister is involved in, uh, foreign relations.

David
Reading accident reports is what calms me down

scbriml

Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:50 am

Quoting KiwiRob (Reply 4):
So what if the US veto it, most countries don't support the US embargo on Cuba, so there's no reason why everyone else in the would couldn't put the screw on Israel.

There's a subtle difference - the US sanctions against Cuba are unilateral, without the backing of a UN Resolution. With a UN Resolution everyone would have to abide by it. But yes, there's nothing to stop individual countries imposing their own sanctions against Israel without the force of international law.
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!
There are 10 types of people in the World - those that understand binary and those that don't.

ImperialEagle

Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:03 pm

You guys aren't the slightest bit interested in the building of new homes. What REALLY galls you is that Israel continues to exist and is growing.
Here is a great op/ed from the Hayom:

http://www.israelhayom.com/site/newsletter_opinion.php?id=8639

I think that pretty much sums it up!  
"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough!"

PhilBy

Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:31 pm

Quoting ImperialEagle (Reply 7):
You guys aren't the slightest bit interested in the building of new homes. What REALLY galls you is that Israel continues to exist and is growing.

You don't find it even a little childish to state that they're approving buidling in a disputed zone because someone recognised a Palestinian governement or because the UN give Palestine observer status?
Is Israel so short of viable land that they have nowhere else to build on?

Personally I think that Israel has a right to exist and still isn't past that part of history where it needs international protection.
That said, if a child keeps hitting a dog with a stick don't act surprised if it gets bitten.
Sometime it seems to me as if Israel does what it can to ensure that there are no useful peacetalks.

[Edited 2014-06-06 05:34:05]

daviation

Fri Jun 06, 2014 1:52 pm

It must really bother you that the Australian government has decided today to drop the 'occupied ' label from Israel's administration of East Jerusalem. The Palestinians and their admirers are ready to soil their pants. Your own government! You should write a stern letter.
PlaneFlown:717,727,737,747,757,767,777,DC8,DC9,DC10,L1011,F100,A300,319,320,321,330,340,CRJ,ERJ,E190,Av85,DH8,Beaver,ATR

DeltaMD90

Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:02 pm

I'm trying to stay objective here and I read your article... but really, what does Israel think they'll accomplish here? Building more homes in areas that are, to a degree, disputed? The article seems to say the Palestinians do bad things (ok, agreed) and could have ended the conflict (well, technically agreed, both sides could give up so much and end the conflict but that's not really reasonable) but then it really doesn't answer why this is a good idea. It just seems like they dodge the question of why they're building/if this is a good or bad idea by saying the Palestinians are bad.

Furthermore, this quote bothers me greatly:

Quote:
Our historic, legal, and religious rights to them are greater than those of Saeb Erekat and Abbas.

Historic? Religious? Poor justifications. Legal is what I care about. I guess, depending who you ask, you can argue it's legal, but what I really care about is what is moral and what is going to help end this conflict.

So sure, I can see it being argued that what Israel is doing is perfectly legal. I just see it as being decisive and not helping the situation at all

What say you?

victrola

Fri Jun 06, 2014 5:44 pm

"You guys aren't the slightest bit interested in the building of new homes. What REALLY galls you is that Israel continues to exist and is growing."

Israel continues to do is to STEAL land from Arabs in the West Bank. The day a group of soldiers comes up to your house door with machine guns and a bulldozer and kicks you out to make room for a different national group you may get an idea of what REALLY galls the Arabs. All you ever do on these threads is whine about how everybody hates the poor Israelis, instead addressing the issues that are being brought up.

[Edited 2014-06-06 10:58:02]

Cadet985

Fri Jun 06, 2014 5:45 pm

Quoting KiwiRob (Reply 2):

Just because they're building on land that is already theirs?

Marc

SOBHI51

Fri Jun 06, 2014 5:52 pm

Quoting cadet985 (Reply 12):

Of course it's theirs, in LALA land.   

Cadet985

Fri Jun 06, 2014 6:10 pm

Quoting SOBHI51 (Reply 13):
Of course it's theirs, in LALA land.   

Captured in war. It's Israeli land. Some of it was offered back to Jordan at one point, and they weren't interested. It's Israeli land. If the Palestinians don't like it, they can go...oh wait...Palestinians are an invented people who are really from Jordan. That word never existed before 1948.

Marc

PhilBy

Fri Jun 06, 2014 6:24 pm

Quoting cadet985 (Reply 14):
Captured in war. It's Israeli land.

And afghanistan and Iraq are now US states.

Cadet985

Fri Jun 06, 2014 6:25 pm

We don't want either one.

pvjin

Fri Jun 06, 2014 6:33 pm

Palestinians are an invented people who are really from Jordan. That word never existed before 1948.

Word "Palestine" certainly did exist way before 1948 and the people living there were often referred "Palestinians". I have old geography books from early 1800's which clearly show this.

In that case I hope you agree Crimea is and will stay as part of Russia now.
"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that." - Martin Luther King Jr

Revelation

Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:43 pm

Look, it only took seven posts for someone to try to make this NOT about Israeli settlements!  
Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world
The heart has its beaches, its homeland and thoughts of its own
Wake now, discover that you are the song that the morning brings
The heart has its seasons, its evenings and songs of its own

DeltaMD90

Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:47 pm

So the US can come to your house and evict you and make new houses on your land because the US owns the land your house is on? If my analogy is flawed, please correct it. I know it's not 100% apples to apples but saying Israel owns the land is correct... kinda...

Plus, Israel continues to do stuff like this and piss off everyone then they wonder why everyone is against them? Scream antisemitism all you want. It's borderline delusional

einsteinboricua

Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:55 pm

Quoting pvjin (Reply 17):

And that Northern Cyprus is Turkey's, and Western Sahara is Morocco's, and South Ossetia and Abkhazia are Russian as well.

And since Finland was once part of greater Russia, Russia is in full position to invade and reclaim it. (pvjin, be on the lookout)

See? The cycle goes on and on. Quoting cadet985 in another thread:

Quote:
What's good for one...
"You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky."

DeltaMD90

Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:40 pm

Quoting ImperialEagle (Reply 21):
So what? The US government does things that piss me off. Screw it. Can't always get what 'ya want.

Fair enough, but when you're trying to get a peace agreement you kinda have to not do that....

ImperialEagle

Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:50 pm

Quoting DeltaMD90 (Reply 22):
a peace agreemen

A peace agreement with a terrorist government that does not even agree to your right to exist. Not happening.  

DeltaMD90

Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:00 pm

Quoting ImperialEagle (Reply 23):

A peace agreement with a terrorist government that does not even agree to your right to exist. Not happening.  

Uh huh, I'd expect there to be deal breakers since well, there is no peace agreement yet. If them denying Israel's right to exist was the only issue holding up peace agreements I'd be 100% on Israel's side. I have said, many times, they need to acknowledge Israel's right to exist, no ifs ands or buts

pvjin

Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:18 pm

Repeating over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, the Romans renamed the land. Jews have still continuously lived there. They are not called Palestinians.  

The Jews have lived pretty much everywhere in the Europe for quite a long time if you didn't notice. Only a tiny percentage of Israelis had near ancestors who actually lived in Palestine.

Maybe we Finns should claim all the area populated by Finno-Ugric people a long time ago.
"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that." - Martin Luther King Jr

sfbdude

Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:34 pm

You know to be honest, I'm glad isntreal is doing things like these, especially in today's digital world where they can't hide their actions and deceive the public like they used to and the more they terrorize the people of the land, the more hate they will receive and hopefully sooner than later, the zionist regime will disappear and peace will finally be restored.

PhilBy

Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:48 pm

But, oh, Israel should "give" them land. Ridiculous.

No more rediculous than creating from scratch a jewish homeland.

Mir

Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:57 pm

You guys aren't the slightest bit interested in the building of new homes.

No, it really is about the new homes.

What REALLY galls you is that Israel continues to exist and is growing.

Israel existing doesn't bother me one bit. Their population growing doesn't bother me one bit. But them building homes on disputed land does bother me. They've got plenty of land that isn't disputed - why not build there?

-Mir
7 billion, one nation, imagination...it's a beautiful day

SOBHI51

Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:02 pm

The Lebanon sure as hell didn't want them. But, oh, Israel should "give" them land. Ridiculous.

One correction here, Israel should give them back there land, not ridiculous but proper.

Repeating over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, the Romans renamed the land. Jews have still continuously lived there. They are not called Palestinians.  

So did Arabs, Muslims and everybody keep forgetting Christians, Jesus was born in Palestine should the Vatican declare as a Christian land? Come lets be reasonable here.

Now if we follow where the Jews has lived then Israel should claim lands in Germany, France, Belgium, Russia and last but not least New York and parts of Florida.

A peace agreement with a terrorist government that does not even agree to your right to exist.

The moment you start negotiating face to face each party already recognize your existence.

signol

Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:18 pm

If it's Israeli land, give the people full citizenship rights and annex it fully, rather than keep Palestinians as second class citizens. Israel has to choose - full annexation, or withdrawal of all troops.

Fact is, nothing unites a country like a war, (read 1984) and Israel has a convenient, economically weak neighbour to tread on.

signol
Flights booked: NWI-AMS-JNB-DUR, JNB-AMS-NWI

TheCommodore
Topic Author

Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:43 pm

Quoting NorthstarBoy (Reply 3):

Israel pulls stunts like this because they know they can get away with it.

I wouldn't say that really, although I can see your point of view..

Israels actions means she will NEVER enjoy true peace, with neighboring countries, let alone with the rest of the world !

Israels actions means she will always be view with suspicion and distrust.

Why on earth would ANYONE want to live there, knowing you are so despised and hated.......

I really don't get it

Quoting PhilBy (Reply 8):
Sometime it seems to me as if Israel does what it can to ensure that there are no useful peacetalks.

This is the dumb way they operate. Dumb, because they might build a few crumby apartments, but in doing so, it only reinforces the fact (world wide) that you cant trust an Israeli.... EVER, under any circumstances apparently.

They have 2 faces, but you never know which one it is you are really conversing with !

I have said exactly what you have many times before, and I will continue to say it too

Quoting daviation (Reply 9):
You should write a stern letter.

You are 100% right, it dose bother me... big time

And yes, I have already written a "stern" letter, several actually, with more to come.
I have also rallied close to 20 of my friends in to the BDS movement.... They in turn will recruit more and more....
Watch this space

Its a fast growing organization here in Australia, and now, thanks to Israels actions, I will do everything I can to make it even bigger and more successful !

You are not very clever are you......., you put a "question" mark behind your own stupid question. Which indicates you are not sure yourself !!!!   

No, its NOT their land !

So what?

So what...?

That's a good one !

You like being detested and despised the world over ?

Not happening.

Oh yes it will.... just be patient my friend, all in good time!

A peace agreement with a terrorist government that does not even agree to your right to exist.

Apparently not everybody shares your misguided view... thank heavens !

Quoting SFBdude (Reply 26):
You know to be honest, I'm glad isntreal is doing things like these, especially in today's digital world where they can't hide their actions and deceive the public like they used to and the more they terrorize the people of the land, the more hate they will receive and hopefully sooner than later, the zionist regime will disappear and peace will finally be restored.

Precisely...
Israel is so focused on "building new settlements" on stolen land, they have taken their eyes of the main ball game....

Hate is a by product of this, that's all they are doing, demonstrating that they are NOT to be trusted and stupidly they are doing it to themselves !

They will never be able to live in peace, there will always be something they are scared of.

look at all the security BS Israeli have to endure on a daily basis, from air travel to going to work, in fact living day to day......

Where will the next rocket come down I wonder. Which Israeli family will it kill this time ?

Quoting Mir (Reply 28):
They've got plenty of land that isn't disputed - why not build there?

Because its not the "best" land

Quoting signol (Reply 30):
Fact is, nothing unites a country like a war, (read 1984) and Israel has a convenient, economically weak neighbour to tread on.

It may "unite" Israel, but it wont help Israels standing within the eyes of the rest of the world.

Whats amazing is, they are so blinded by lies, they really cant see the truth and where it will take them.

[Edited 2014-06-06 16:01:44]
“At first, they'll only dislike what you say, but the more correct you start sounding the more they'll dislike you.”

SOBHI51

Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:03 pm

Can you find me 3 names in the new government of people proven to be terrorists?
I can on the other hand give you more than 3 names of the first few Israeli government who were proven to be members of a terrorist group or another. i am sure you know about the proverb of stones and glass houses.

Kiwirob

Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:07 pm

That word never existed before 1948

You can plead ignorance as an excuse for not looking things up so I'll do it for you.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_name_Palestine

I know it's only wikipedia but the term Palestine has been in use for a couple of thousand years. It would makes sense to think of the people who live in and are from Palestine Palestinians.

Repeating over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, the Romans renamed the land.

Maybe you should read the link above and re-educate yourself, it's Egyptian btw not Roman.

einsteinboricua

Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:32 pm

Quoting DeltaMD90 (Reply 24):
I have said, many times, they need to acknowledge Israel's right to exist, no ifs ands or buts

Too late...you are "uneducated" and "anti-Semitic" for even thinking to dare question anything about Israel.

Can't always get what 'ya want.

Sorta like not being able to convince us?

Quoting DeltaMD90 (Reply 22):
a peace agreement

Since it's so much work, I'll oblige:

Quote:
The Oslo Accords marked the start of the Oslo process, a peace process that aimed the conclusion of a peace-treaty based on the United Nations Security Council Resolution 242 and 338, and fulfil the "right of the Palestinian people to self-determination". The Oslo process started after secret negotiations in Oslo, resulting in the recognition by the PLO of the State of Israel and the recognition by Israel of the PLO as the representative of the Palestinian people and as partner in negotiations.

But hey, don't let facts get in the way being an Arab hater.

PhilBy

Sat Jun 07, 2014 5:05 am

Quoting TheCommodore (Reply 30):
that you cant trust an Israeli

Sorry I can't agree with that. I would trust an Israeli a far as anyone else. A politician on the other hand....

daviation

Sat Jun 07, 2014 11:23 am

It is certainly your right to participate in a political boycott.

But to suggest that Israel is losing economic investment or being isolated by the world doesn't square with the facts. The major tech companies are continuing to invest billions, tourism is up, flight schedules (isn't this what Airliners is about?) are up. You may be in a personal lather about Israel and Jews, but even the EU has invited them to participate in the scientific EU 2020 project. You may be personally enraged but the economics point otherwise. And the Australian and Canadian governments are growing friendlier. And I have walked the streets of Jerusalem and Tel Aviv many times, feeling just as safe as when I am on Broadway, Times Square, or Fifth Avenue. FWIW, I've never been a big fan of settlements in general, but the loathing I read here is hard to understand.
PlaneFlown:717,727,737,747,757,767,777,DC8,DC9,DC10,L1011,F100,A300,319,320,321,330,340,CRJ,ERJ,E190,Av85,DH8,Beaver,ATR

ImperialEagle

Sat Jun 07, 2014 11:51 am

Quoting daviation (Reply 35):
(isn't this what Airliners is about?

Ah, but you hit the nail on the head. There is at least one or two trolls here that specializes in political propaganda. Who never, ever are to be seen over on any of the aviation sites. They are allowed to exist on this blog by the management, so I would say that one doesn't have to have any interests in aviation to post on this blog. The trolls pay the same dues the rest of us pay and everybody knows who they are anyway. So most view them as insignificant. Same old blarney over and over like a broken record.    They are only important to themselves.

But to suggest that Israel is losing economic investment or being isolated by the world doesn't square with the facts.

But, a propagandist does not talk facts.

Cadet985

Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:17 pm

Quoting pvjin (Reply 17):

With all due respect to that situation, I haven't been following it as closely as I should be. I've been dealing with several family emergencies over the past few months, and am still dealing with them as I type this. I'll be the first to admit that while I know more than some of my peers (let's face it - 20somethings are not known for being news junkies), I don't know enough to form an educated and informed opinion.

(isn't this what Airliners is about?)

If you read the forum header, this part of the forum is for anything not related to aviation.

If I were to do a post on why New York is a great place to visit, it'd go in this forum. If I did a post on flying to New York, that'd be on a different part of the forum. And if I wanted to know how air traffic control operates in the most congested airspace on the planet, that's go in yet another forum.

Marc

daviation

Sat Jun 07, 2014 1:38 pm

Marc, thank you for the clarification. Of course, I retired at 55 because I was so successful in my career that I can simply spend my money now and travel the world. So I'm not sure I really need a lecture from someone younger than my kids.

My point is that the Non-Avaition category has become a place for fulminating rants that generate a weekly anti-Israel diatribe, generate the longest threads (260 in a recent one), and serve no constructive purpose other than airing their grievances the way sick people air their pustules and ulcers. I even grossed myself out with that last sentence.

Perhaps I'll take your advice and limit my participation to the aviation categories only. There's nothing to be gained here.

DeltaMD90

Sat Jun 07, 2014 2:53 pm

Quoting ImperialEagle (Reply 36):
Ah, but you hit the nail on the head. There is at least one or two trolls here that specializes in political propaganda. Who never, ever are to be seen over on any of the aviation sites.

If only there were a non-aviation section of this site...

Quoting ImperialEagle (Reply 36):
They are allowed to exist on this blog by the management

It's a conspiracy!

Quoting daviation (Reply 38):
My point is that the Non-Avaition category has become a place for fulminating rants that generate a weekly anti-Israel diatribe

There have been a lot of threads on this conflict lately, but look at what they are filled with. People perfectly ok with Palestinians being displaced and even a poster saying that all the Palestinians should be killed! I don't know how so many people here can be so blatantly Palestinian-phobic

zkojq

Sat Jun 07, 2014 4:13 pm

The scary bit is the predicted expansion in the settler population. The housing minister said: 'I think that in five years there will be 550,000 or 600,000 Jews in Judea and Samaria, rather than 400,000 (now),' A 50% population rise by 2019. And the prospects of peace get even smaller still.   

http://mondoweiss.net/2014/05/minister-predicts-population.html

Quoting flyingturtle (Reply 5):
The only country where the housing minister is involved in, uh, foreign relations.

Well, when housing policy is used as a foreign policy tool then yes, that is to be expected.

Unfortunately international law says otherwise.

That word never existed before 1948.

In the same alternate universe that the holy land was a 'land without people' prior to the Zionist movement.   

Palestinians are an invented people who are really from Jordan.

Interestingly, the Israeli supreme court recently declared ruled that there was no proof of the existence of a uniquely “Israeli” people. Interesting...
http://www.haaretz.com/news/national/.premium-1.550241

Quoting SFBdude (Reply 25):
especially in today's digital world where they can't hide their actions and deceive the public like they used to and the more they terrorize the people of the land

Exhibit A:
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=d95_1182673079

Seriously, the settlers seem to attract the worst of Israeli society. A huge number of the settlers are incredibly racist, childish, judeo-supremacists etc. It's really sad to see, especially when the IDF looks on and does nothing.

Why on earth would ANYONE want to live there

People get paid to live there and/or move there. I know a couple who do. Moving there seemed to have the effect of making them become really, really right wing and much more racist than I'd previously known them to be. Some people feel a religious calling to live there, others feel that its some kind of duty to their ethnicity? Seems a bit peculiar to me.

And yes, I have already written a "stern" letter, several actually, with more to come.

Good on you.  
Quoting einsteinboricua (Reply 33):
Too late...you are "uneducated" and "anti-Semitic" for even thinking to dare question anything about Israel.

Quoting einsteinboricua (Reply 33):
Since it's so much work, I'll oblige:

As has done by various members in at least four threads when the topic has been brought up by the member in question. I'm sure this won't be the last we hear of it.

Quoting DeltaMD90 (Reply 39):
even a poster saying that all the Palestinians should be killed!

I must have missed that one? Where was it said and who said it?
First to fly the 787-9

SOBHI51

Sat Jun 07, 2014 4:26 pm

Quoting zkojq (Reply 40):

As the posting was deleted, i can't say who did write it but i am sure you can guess who   

einsteinboricua

Sat Jun 07, 2014 5:01 pm

Ah, but remember: international law has exceptions, namely Israel and the US. Everyone else would face harsh sanctions.

DeltaMD90

Sat Jun 07, 2014 7:16 pm

PM sent. Obviously can't repost them but I saved a copy in case anyone wants to see it

I think common sense would dictate that if Israel wants peace they wouldn't be so stupid as to kick the hornets nest and wonder why they're getting more pissed off. I know there is more to this than just the settlement issue but it sure isn't helping, I would find it hard for even the most pro-Israeli person to think that it would

windy95

Sat Jun 07, 2014 8:47 pm

Quoting TheCommodore (Thread starter):
When will the world decide its had enough of this crap from Israel and decided to....... "sit upon Israel" ?

They won the West bank fair and square. Get over it.

Bingo

Quoting PhilBy (Reply 8):
You don't find it even a little childish to state that they're approving buidling in a disputed zone because someone

Nothing was disputed about who won those wars of aggression by the Arabs. If the Arabs had never attacked in the first place this would of been part of Jordan for the past 70 years. Why did no one protest in Gaza or the West Bank when other Arab countries controlled them?

Quoting victrola (Reply 11):
Israel continues to do is to STEAL land from Arabs in the West Bank

yawn....

Quoting victrola (Reply 11):
The day a group of soldiers comes up to your house door with machine guns and a bulldozer and kicks you out to make room for a different national group you may get an idea of what REALLY galls the Arabs

What about hundreds of tanks flowing out of the West Bank and the Golan in order to destroy the Jews? Did you miss that part? Did you miss in 67 the fact that Jordan controlled the West Bank and moved Tanks into the Zone in order to participate in the Arab leagues following of Nasser into war with Israel?

DeltaMD90

Sat Jun 07, 2014 8:52 pm

Quoting windy95 (Reply 46):

Then you get over that there won't be peace in Israel any time soon and the world is going to continue to get more annoyed with Israel

Bingo

Keep thinking that. You just continue to alienate people by misrepresenting what they believe. I can only know what is in my head and I can tell you two that you're completely wrong

johns624

Sat Jun 07, 2014 9:04 pm

Having land doesn't protect a country, it's international law that does. Israel has internationally recognized borders. If it returned behind them, they'd get international support. Sure, you'd have the diehards still complaining, but they always will. Occupying the West Bank only leads the uneducated to the radicals because there is a kernel of truth to what they say. We didn't annex Germany or Japan after WW2 or Iraq after DS.

SOBHI51

Sun Jun 08, 2014 12:01 am

Read history, how many strong countries ended up weak and divided, don't gloat and remember if you do not work for peace one day in 10,20,30 years you will loose one war and that will be the end of Israel.

Cadet985

Sun Jun 08, 2014 2:25 am

Quoting SOBHI51 (Reply 47):
Read history, how many strong countries ended up weak and divided, don't gloat and remember if you do not work for peace one day in 10,20,30 years you will loose one war and that will be the end of Israel.

Sobhi51, I suggest you read up on the Six Day War (here's a great history on it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Six-Day_War _. The entire Arab World either fought against Israel, or provided support to those who did. Israel was outnumbered by more than a 2:1 margin, and still won.

Since 1948, Israel hasn't lost one war against the Arabs. How can you even think they'll end up weak?

I mean, do you know what the Israeli government does for Jews who move there from the diaspora? I'm not asking this as a smart ass question...I'm serious here. If you don't, I can enlighten you.

Marc

johns624

Sun Jun 08, 2014 2:49 am

Quoting cadet985 (Reply 48):
I suggest you read up on the Six Day War

You should read up on it yourself. Especially a little incident involving the USS Liberty. Then you might understand why Israel doesn't give me the warm fuzzies.