Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

SOBHI51

RE: Israel Launches Ground Operation In Gaza Part 2

Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:46 pm

Quoting casinterest (Reply 248):

You know what, I am not upset with you, but, I feel sorry for you.
I am against any terrorist acts committed under the name of Islam

sobh151

Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:39 am

Truth is, Palestinians are so much worse off in pretty much any other nation.

casinterest

Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:41 am

Quoting Aaron747 (Reply 249):

I'd already thought better of that statement and had deleted it prior to your response , so I apologize for that statement .
It is not how I feel.
Where ever you go, there you are.

casinterest

Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:44 am

Quoting SOBHI51 (Reply 250):

That doesn't mean much coming from someone that would ask such an atrociously insulting question as you did.
Where ever you go, there you are.

sobh151

Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:54 am

What the other nations should really have done was offer help to the refugees after the 67 war. I'm not really sure why that didn't happen. It would've been so helpful when people.

Aaron747

Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:48 am

Quoting casinterest (Reply 252):
'd already thought better of that statement and had deleted it prior to your response , so I apologize for that statement. It is not how I feel.

It takes a man to admit they were in the wrong - so my hat's off to you despite our obvious disparate points of view.   
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty

mcogator

Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:57 am

What have I learned these past few weeks? Israel is much better at terrorism than Hamas is. After reading many comment sections of many different news articles, it's all the same arguments spread by both sides on every article. Basically genocide vs human shields. My question is, since Gaza is under so much surveillance by satellite and dozens of drones, why can't Israel show more evidence of human shields than a couple of rocket launches next to a building? How the hell do you launch a rocket from a hospital, school, or apartment building? Every picture I've seen has shown rockets launched from a street or on a field. The pictures of the Gaza apartments being ravished block after block convinced me that Israel was out for blood. Why is Hamas labeled a terrorist organization and Israel is not? They were both democratically elected by their people, and they both want to destroy the other.
“Traveling – it leaves you speechless, then turns you into a storyteller.” – Ibn Battuta

seb146

Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:24 am

Quoting casinterest (Reply 215):
funny how the UN screams about their buildings, but they didn't stop HAMAS from stockpiling weapons? The UN should be a bit more concerned about how Hamas and Gaza uses their money.

Gaza (and West Bank) are invaded and they are expected to sit back and take it? Not defend themselves?

Quoting sipadan (Reply 214):
If you are referring to my post above, you are misrepresenting what was stated.

Not you specifically. I have seen too many posts both here and all over the net calling anyone against Isreal in any degree anti semitic.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!

NAV30

Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:00 am

I still recall the aid etc. that the Allies poured into Germany for years after WW2?

What aid etc. is Israel planning to provide to the Palestinians? Given that about 2,000 have been killed and probably 10,000 injured; and huge numbers of people have lost their homes?

sobh151

Wed Aug 06, 2014 5:59 am

Quoting NAV30 (Reply 258):
What aid etc. is Israel planning to provide to the Palestinians? Given that about 2,000 have been killed and probably 10,000 injured; and huge numbers of people have lost their homes?

Good question. But if history of Israel can inform us, they will probably do lots more to help than some of the other surrounding nations.

Braybuddy

Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:16 am

Quoting Sobh151 (Reply 259):
But if history of Israel can inform us, they will probably do lots more to help than some of the other surrounding nations.

I'm sure they would if they could, but they can't:

http://www.bbc.com/news/10203726

NAV30

Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:34 am

So we have a ready-made "concentration camp" on the shores of the Mediterranean, with people (men, women, and children) dying of wounds (and probably starvation and exposure by now)? And no-one at ALL looks like supplying any medical assistance or financial aid, or even any TENTS?

If ever there was a case for the United Nations to take the lead in providing humanitarian and medical assistance, this is surely one?

[Edited 2014-08-06 00:35:41]

TheCommodore

Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:57 am

Quoting NAV30 (Reply 258):
What aid etc. is Israel planning to provide to the Palestinians?

I doubt that.... Bomb the crap out of the place, and then help them rebuild ?

But on a really serious note...

"As many as 520,000 Palestinians have been displaced from their homes in Israel’s nearly four-week long military campaign and with this temporary ceasefire, many are only now able to fully grasp the extent of the devastation in their neighbourhoods."

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/world/gaza-cea...20140806-100ubq.html#ixzz39b1PpX9h

In a place the size it is, that's an incredibly large number of people, with no help, even from within Gaza because on no resources

What a shameful thing has happened to them

Quoting NAV30 (Reply 261):
If ever there was a case for the United Nations to take the lead in providing humanitarian and medical assistance, this is surely one?

One would hope, but then again, I suppose any decision to help or assist the Gazian's by the UN, runs the risk of being "vetoed" or stymied in some way.

[Edited 2014-08-06 01:03:18]
“At first, they'll only dislike what you say, but the more correct you start sounding the more they'll dislike you.”

JJJ

Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:00 am

Quoting EDKA (Reply 174):
There is a fundamental flaw in what you are proposing. Before PLO was created the Palestinians had very little or no intentions of having independent "Palestinian state". Egypt was controlling Gaza strip and Jordan was controlling West Bank. The "Palestinian" people had no real representation until Arafat came along. Arafat and PLO (plus various other smaller fractions) have chosen terror over peace until the early 1990s.

There was small level of cooperation during 1990's, mainly between state enterprises such as Israeli Electricity Company, Bezeq (telecommunications), as well as security cooperation between police forces, but all on the small scale. All disappeared after second intifada.

So why do you think Arafat got support? When Israel won the six-day war they did not offer citizenship to the people living there. Instead they were subject to military occupation and land grabs to make room for Israeli settlements and reduced to third-class citizens.

For a good while most Palestinians worked in Israel, rode Egged buses and were an important source of (cheap) labour for Israel. You can blame Palestinians for choosing terror over peace but what choice did they have?

No Arab country wants them, the Israelis don't want them so it's only natural that they eventually revolted.

edka

Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:11 am

Quoting TheCommodore (Reply 188):
I only ask (off topic) as you brought the Jews up, because as an all out statement, and as a non Jew, I find it slightly offensive, if not puzzling, when I hear them say that.?

I could not tell you, not very hot on the religious side of things...

Quoting TheCommodore (Reply 188):
I know you want to make this "anti-Semitic" "anti-Jew" thing into something, particularly with this Poster you keep quoting.

Its pretty much clear for everyone of this board what the true motives of this poster are...

Quoting JJJ (Reply 263):
No Arab country wants them, the Israelis don't want them so it's only natural that they eventually revolted.

I agree with you on that. Some of the points that i have been making all along are:

1) Arab nations must take proportional blame of what happened to Palestinians, especially the refuggess and their continuing appaling treatment in Arab countries.

2) Camp David - i know what has been said before, and many people disagree with this, but i maintain my view - if Palestinians accepted the proposal, they would have had better standard and quality of life than what they have now. Without doubt.
Sometimes you need to accept reality - which is nobody wants them. They had their chance to have their own state (twice) - and they blew it.

JJJ

Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:05 am

Quoting EDKA (Reply 264):
Sometimes you need to accept reality - which is nobody wants them. They had their chance to have their own state (twice) - and they blew it.

Did the Jews accepted reality when the 39 White Paper was published?

pvjin

Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:06 am

Quoting Braybuddy (Reply 260):
I'm sure they would if they could, but they can't:

Quite unlikely. Most Middle Eastern nations don't do anything to help their fellow Muslims who have been forced to leave their home due to war. So why would they help Gaza either?

http://www.hrw.org/news/2014/02/18/saudi-arabia-12000-somalis-expelled

Admittedly Saudi Arabians are doing it right, taking refugees from poor Muslim countries is a bad idea, not good for economy & national security.
"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that." - Martin Luther King Jr

KaiGywer

Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:38 am

As this thread has gotten quite lenthy, Part 3 has been created. Please continue the discussion there:

Israel Launches Ground Operation In Gaza Part 3 (by KaiGywer Aug 6 2014 in Non Aviation)
“Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, an