PSA53
Topic Author

Is The Media Being Racist?

Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:19 pm

As we all know,on Aug.9 black man, Michael Brown was shot to death by white officer Darren Wilson.The City Of Ferguson
explodes in riots for days,Al Sharpton,and Holder flies in,black panthers move into Ferguson for good(On Their Website),media covers like CNN 24/7.Outcry,outcry,outcry everywhere.

On Aug 11.two days after the Brown shooting,white man Dillon Taylor walks out of a 7/11 store and is shot dead by black officer in Utah.Read the link.Except for local reporting,there is no mention of it for weeks until indirect stories from Yahoo start to surface about the shooting.No outcry,no national reporting.Nothing.

So,what is the media playing at? Is it racial? Political move play?Both? Why is the media ignoring the Taylor case? Is the media purposely being naive that these sort of things only happen to blacks and whites are the oppressors to blacks? What's up?

The ONLY concern in both cases is a review of law enforcement policy to determine when does or doesn't a suspect have a weapon.And that's it!

Your thought's on the issue.

http://www.inquisitr.com/1435685/jus...by-black-cop-in-utah-been-ignored/

[Edited 2014-08-28 12:33:49]
Tuesday's Off! Do not disturb.

IAHflyer97

RE: Is The Media Being Racist?

Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:42 pm

Don't take what I say as the truth, but my own opinion.

It catches the public very easily when a white man kills or harms a black man. Let's go back 60 years. Blacks were considered inferior. Nowadays, only the ignorant among us continue to believe this.

This is the part that I don't understand. People these days absolutely crave racism. They want to cry racism so bad that even defending yourself against someone of the opposite race will spark riots across the nation. Why? I have no idea. I for one believe it's just stupidity. Pure ignorance taking over the general public's mind. And I think it's really sad. But I think we can all agree that racism is a dying issue and that the only thing keeping it relevant are those who are also trying to destroy it. Unfortunately, they are going about it in all the wrong ways. You want to destroy it, don't even speak of it. Problem solved.

Please note that I in no way intended to be insensitive or uncivilized when I say this. This is a touchy topic already and I tried my best to give an honest answer without offending anybody.
A man is only as big as the amount of strings on his guitar.

scbriml

Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:57 pm

Dillon Taylor wasn't "white", he's half Hispanic. The police officer isn't "black", he's a Pacific Islander. Otherwise, close parallel.

As soon as I saw the words "Limbaugh" and "liberal World View" in your linked article, I decided it wasn't worth reading any further.   
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!
There are 10 types of people in the World - those that understand binary and those that don't.

PSA53
Topic Author

Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:01 pm

Quoting IAHflyer97 (Reply 1):
People these days absolutely crave racism.

My main question is the conduct and mindset of the media.Is the media being racist for ratings? Or In one of your statements, that blacks are looked as inferior at on time and as with you,I'd like to think racism is dying.But does the media feel blacks are still inferior,as well? And they played on it in Ferguson,maybe?

But the fact remains,the Taylor case was ignored and not reported suggesting it was no longer a police issue but a race one.And I believe the public has right to ask the media for an explanation of it's intentions.

PSA53
Topic Author

Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:06 pm

Quoting scbriml (Reply 2):
Dillon Taylor wasn't "white", he's half Hispanic. The police officer isn't "black", he's a Pacific Islander. Otherwise, close parallel.

WHY was the case ignored!!!! So,Taylor is half white? But I will get another story.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/8...hooting-on-body-camera.html?pg=all

[Edited 2014-08-28 13:09:21]

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/58...8/police-taylor-lake-salt.html.csp

It is a police problem! Not racial.But the media gave that impression.

[Edited 2014-08-28 13:12:43]

IAHflyer97

Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:18 pm

Quoting PSA53 (Reply 3):

The media only needs one thing. People to listen. They'll go as far as they can to get that. Even if it takes labeling blacks to be lesser than anyone else. And it makes sense to do so because of how everything was back before MLK came around. But that still doesn't make it right (I shouldn't have to clarify that, but unfortunately I do).

I dont think they're being "racist", but it's more stretching a story to get people to watch and follow them. Which can be the same thing in some cases. But regardless of what their intentions are, it's wrong and we all know it.

As for the stories, I've done my best to avoid them as it will only cause me to get angry for no reason (and because I don't believe a word of what the media says). But why was Taylor ignored? Because no one cares about a black man doing anything to a white man. The reason (I suspect) that this isn't the case with the brown case is because, like I said before, how times were several decades ago. It seems like an overly cautious approach to make sure it doesn't happen again. Except the media dumps more fuel on the fire to make it worse.
A man is only as big as the amount of strings on his guitar.

mham001

Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:29 pm

There was a white guy beat into a coma because of race during the Ferguson riots, there was no mention of this in the mainstream media, in fact the police don't even want to do hate crime even though witnesses heard racial epitaphs. I noticed the media only wanted to report things that implicated the white cop but things like a recorded witness statement that backed the cop got little mention. The media (generally) really, really wanted to see the cop fry.

Yes, there is a race problem and it isn't whites.

vikkyvik

Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:39 pm

Quoting PSA53 (Reply 3):
My main question is the conduct and mindset of the media.Is the media being racist for ratings?

They are choosing what stories they want to report for ratings.

The media is a business. They will do what's best for them to make money. If the readers gravitate toward a certain type of story, then it's in the media's best interest, financially, to report on said type of story.

I certainly wouldn't call it racist. That's a bit too close to ultra-PC nanny-state terminology for it.

Quoting mham001 (Reply 6):
racial epitaphs

Racial epithets. Unless they were written on a gravestone.  
I'm watching Jeopardy. The category is worst Madonna songs. "This one from 1987 is terrible".

mham001

Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:42 pm

Quoting vikkyvik (Reply 7):
Racial epithets. Unless they were written on a gravestone.  

Oops. I'll blame it on spell check.

GIANCAVIA

Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:47 pm

Come on guys, The news and media sensationalize things they know will catch attention... Truth tends to come out in the end but before that they need to soak up attention for a week or two. Its nothing new, Probably why most people avoid mainstream outlets now.

I am surprised they didn't mention the evil white us pilots who dropped bombs on isis and killed 2 black american converts over the last few days   Wheres sharpton.. probably in his mansion giggling.

zckls04

Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:28 pm

Quoting PSA53 (Thread starter):
On Aug 11.two days after the Brown shooting,white man Dillon Taylor walks out of a 7/11 store and is shot dead by black officer in Utah.Read the link.Except for local reporting,there is no mention of it for weeks until indirect stories from Yahoo start to surface about the shooting.No outcry,no national reporting.Nothing.

No outcry- even in the conservative media- until a black man gets shot by a white cop. What does that tell you? Why the sudden interest on their part? And when they do report it, they omit Taylor's criminal past- sound like a familiar tactic? Everybody's telling a story; MSNBC's story is that all cops are racists, Limbaugh's story is that whites are the most persecuted group in America.

I agree with you that a lot of media spin clouds these stories and more often than not the "white oppressing black" angle is emphasized. In this case though, given the long and depressing record of racial profiling the Ferguson police department have, it's a legitimate question to ask. AFAIK no such record exists in South Salt Lake against white suspects.
Four Granavox Turbines!

seb146

Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:51 pm

Read the local news

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/58...8/police-taylor-lake-salt.html.csp

There are protests in Salt Lake City. And Dillon Taylor did have a bench warrant for armed robbery. And there were reports of someone carrying a gun in that area.

Contrast that with Michael Brown jaywalking. No one at the store he walked out of called 911.

Besides, violence sells. Ferguson was a battle zone for a week. That sells much more than candle light vigils.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!

PSA53
Topic Author

Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:39 pm

Quoting seb146 (Reply 11):

Besides, violence sells. Ferguson was a battle zone for a week. That sells much more than candle light vigils.

So,was the media being racist is the question? The Taylor case should still should have been reported NATIONALLY as unarmed man was shot by police not by color! But it wasn't done that way.Because I believe if the Taylor case had been reported,it would have simmered the Ferguson rage and to ID the problem as general police policy problem.

Violence sells,you're right.That is why the public also should demand answers if not compensation for the people of Ferguson from the media.(lol) Good luck.

DeltaMD90

Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:12 am

The media is a joke and we really shouldn't take them seriously. There is indeed bias in the justice system (both intentionally and unintentionally) that screws over minorities... look at the facts, don't just ignore all the studies just because the media ignores a black cop shooting a white guy. To all of you doing that--shame on you. You are engaging in the same nonsense the media is playing, just on the other side

seb146

Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:55 am

Quoting PSA53 (Reply 12):
So,was the media being racist is the question? The Taylor case should still should have been reported NATIONALLY as unarmed man was shot by police not by color! But it wasn't done that way.Because I believe if the Taylor case had been reported,it would have simmered the Ferguson rage and to ID the problem as general police policy problem.

Certain media outlets have hints of racism behind them, yes.

That being said, Ferguson was reported on in fits and starts. First, it was an unarmed child shot to death by a cop. Then, it was an unarmed black teen shot to death by a white cop. Then it was an unarmed black teen involved in a robbery shot by a white cop. Then it was an unarmed black teen with pot in his system shot to death by a white cop with rage issues. Then it was.... See what happened?

There are still race issues in this country. Certain elements of the media plays on that. A white man with a warrant being killed by a black officer does not stoke those racial tensions. Unarmed black teen shot by white officer does. And, yes, all facets of media did that, unfortunately. If they would simply report "teen shot by officer" instead of "unarmed (insert race) teen shot by (insert race) officer..." things would be a little better. But, that does not sell. Conflict sells.

Quoting PSA53 (Reply 12):
is why the public also should demand answers if not compensation for the people of Ferguson from the media

Nope. The people of Ferguson have said that it was outsiders causing the destruction. I will give the citizens of Ferguson the first night. But, the next six or seven days of window smashing? Nope. Having lived through WTO Seattle, I can tell you it is not all local residents after the first night doing all the looting and chaos. They come from miles away to take advantage of the situation.

Quoting DeltaMD90 (Reply 13):
The media is a joke and we really shouldn't take them seriously.

YES!!! YES!!! YES!!!

Pyrex

Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:01 am

I really have nothing to add to this thread other than:

Dillon Taylor wasn't "white", he's half Hispanic.

I am sorry, but if George Zimmerman was a "white hispanic" when it was convenient then so is this Dillon Taylor fellow.
Read this very carefully, I shall write this only once!

LittleFokker

Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:05 am

I think part of the reason why this hasn't gotten much coverage is because of the lack of information known. I've had a few conservative friends on Facebook link to conservative blogs complaining about this, but won't provide much in the way of details about the case (making them look silly, IMHO). Even following link posted by seb146 lacked information (had to go to 2nd link on local newspaper to find some information)

Quoting seb146 (Reply 11):
Read the local news

Based on what I could read, it sounds like this kid made a gesture that could have been interpreted as reaching for a gun. If that's true, it could make the shooting slightly more justified than Michael Brown's, even if it still wasn't wholly necessary. Additionally, unlike Michael Brown, Dillon Taylor was a known, targeted fugitive, and the police officer in question was aware of past transgressions that Taylor may have been involved in. That changes the perspective of the situation some.

There is indeed bias in the justice system (both intentionally and unintentionally) that screws over minorities... look at the facts, don't just ignore all the studies just because the media ignores a black cop shooting a white guy.

Just wishing racism away won't make it go away. It's still a problem, despite much progress having been made so far.

Also a big   . Here's a more positive story that highlights media racism. Yesterday, while I was waiting on getting my dog groomed, the TV in the store had on the local Chicago ABC affiliate. They interrupted their normal programming to broadcast the parade for the Jackie Robinson West Little League baseball team that had such a great run to the LLWS. The broadcast almost made me puke as the announcers were just chock full of backhanded compliments towards these kids - praising them while at the same time demeaning them. They made it seem like their run of baseball was the only good thing to come out of the southside of Chicago this year (surely some other positive things happened....), how "surprising" it was that such talented players could come from such poverty stricken areas, etc. It made want to scream "Just let the kids be happy that they did well in baseball, and leave it at that!!!!!!"

[Edited 2014-08-28 23:07:20]
"All human activities are doomed to failure." - Jean Paul Sartre

na

Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:56 am

Quoting PSA53 (Thread starter):

No, if the press ignores that, its because a local crime deserves no more than local media to report if there is no "typical" racism involved. Its more common that blacks are shot and arrested. That is a fact. And thats why such cases deserve more press coverage, and, yes, public outcry.
How do you call it if in a city more half of the population is black, but 90% of the police white? THAT is racism to me!

ImperialEagle

Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:05 pm

The media has become nothing more than a form of societal manipulation. It is a disgrace to observe, on a daily basis, the purposeful manipulation of the public. Unfortunately, most of the public thinks that what they are spoon-fed on the Evening News is accurate and informative. If the population is then drawing conclusions from and making decisions based on the mis-information provided, then they do so in blissful ignorance. It is a war of misinformation and bias by the mainstream media and we are the victims-----unless we really dig around and try to find out what the real story is.

The recent coverage of the shooting of a black man in Missouri was supposed to send the message that somehow there is a war in the US by white cops vs black men.
Although blacks are only about 13% of the US population they commit or are the victims of about half of all the murders in the US most of which are black on black.

Yet, blacks represent barely 30% of those killed by police.
AND, more than half of the shootings and killings of black suspects were by BLACK Police Officers!
One might make the argument then that there is a war on white suspects in the US since they are disproportionately killed compared to the number of murders WHITES commit.

So far, the media and the racism industry are the only ones I see having benefitted from all the trumped-up "scandal".
IMO,If anything, just Al Sharpton's presence should have been the red-flag that the media was up to something sinister.

From You Tube:

Why hasn't the mainstream media interviewed Fredrick Wilson II? Too much truth?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPUcA7yrErg

[Edited 2014-08-29 06:48:52]
"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough!"

sccutler

Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:09 pm

Quoting na (Reply 17):
How do you call it if in a city more half of the population is black, but 90% of the police white? THAT is racism to me!

No, that (in itself) is not racism, but it is a clear indicator that there could be a problem, and that some careful scrutiny into recruiting and hiring practices is called for.
...three miles from BRONS, clear for the ILS one five approach...

pvjin

Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:28 pm

Yes, everywhere in western world media loves ignoring acts of racism committed by non-whites. In reality white majority areas of the world (with exception of Russia perhaps) are the least racist parts of the world.

Quoting na (Reply 17):

What if most black people of that area simply aren't educated enough to quality as a police? Or what if they aren't even applying to become one?

It's racism only if blacks are being discriminated when applying for police forces. Otherwise it's just normal.
"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that." - Martin Luther King Jr

GIANCAVIA

Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:33 pm

Quoting na (Reply 17):

What an absolutely bizarre conclusion.

What if the majority of people in the town itself dont want to have a career in law enforcement?
Why should the police force or fire service or any service at all recruit because it needs to fill in some racial or gender quota? The only thing that happens then is the best people for the job get over looked so some hippies feel better about their protest.

The reaction from the black community to any other black person that didnt take this guys side was to mock them or insult them for not towing the line. Is it a wonder no black man or woman would want to be in law enforcement in such a place.

It is all rather tedious and overdone, The same way modern black youth complain about slavery.. they havent even been within a generation of having experienced slavery yet they play that card because being the victim in this era gets you sympathy. Pathetic.

flymia

Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:46 pm

The media cares about one thing. Making money. That's it. They report on what gets the, the best ratings. It's really a simple concept to grasp.
"It was just four of us on the flight deck, trying to do our job" (Captain Al Haynes)

DeltaMD90

Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:48 pm

Quoting na (Reply 17):

I do not agree. I think it could be due a distrust of the police by African Americans (which that is partly due to racism) and also the disadvantages they have to overcome in life and our society.

Don't get me wrong, it's a race issue, but I don't think it's racism in this case

na

Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:10 pm

Quoting pvjin (Reply 20):
What if most black people of that area simply aren't educated enough to quality as a police?

Then its a result of racism.

Or what if they aren't even applying to become one?

Then they have not much reason to complain about how they are treated by white police.

It's racism only if blacks are being discriminated when applying for police forces.

Yes, and if racist issues are hindering them to even apply for such jobs. And I believe its worth investigating why 90% of the police is white in a town where half of the people are not. Who can say for sure its NOT racism to some extent? I´m suspicious.

Otherwise it's just normal.

I would not call such a drastic inequality normal. Inequality to some extent can have many reasons, and yes, could be called normal. But not if its 9 to 1.

seb146

Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:05 pm

What if most black people of that area simply aren't educated enough to quality as a police? Or what if they aren't even applying to become one?

What if most black people of that area ARE educated enough to be police but have seen the mistreatment and decide they can not fight that mistreatment from the "inside"? I have noticed more and more that police are untouchable when it comes to their aggressions. They beat people within an inch of their life or shoot someone "because he looked threatening" or some such and what does that officer get? To keep his job. I would love a job where I could screw up royally and my boss just says "meh... so what... you get to keep your wage and pension."

Quoting LittleFokker (Reply 16):
it sounds like this kid made a gesture that could have been interpreted as reaching for a gun. If that's true, it could make the shooting slightly more justified than Michael Brown's

So, being shot to death for jaywalking is "slightly less" justified than making a motion reaching for a gun??? What??? Recall that NO ONE from the tobacco store called 911. The police didn't know anything about the tobacco store incident. One officer saw Michael Brown jaywalking. That, according to many witnesses, is why the altercation and, ultimately, his death occurred. According to witnesses.

The officer, of course, has a completely different story that makes him out to be the most holy of saints. Just wait. You'll see.

GIANCAVIA

Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:10 pm

Quoting seb146 (Reply 25):
The officer, of course, has a completely different story that makes him out to be the most holy of saints. Just wait. You'll see.

Stories Like painting a 6 foot 4 .. 300lb adult as a child? Pretending he was holier then holy after he attacked and intimidated a shop keeper? The innocent little victim who rapped about killing people and threw up gang signs on a regular basis? The good boy who was using drugs and had them in his system. "Just wait, You'll see."

We can all bend stories to our bias.

zckls04

Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:11 pm

Quoting Giancavia (Reply 26):
Stories Like painting a 6 foot 4 .. 300lb adult as a child? Pretending he was holier then holy after he attacked and intimidated a shop keeper? The innocent little victim who rapped about killing people and threw up gang signs on a regular basis? The good boy who was using drugs and had them in his system. "Just wait, You'll see."

Interesting. Can you tell us which one of those infractions carries the death penalty?

I understand the point you're making about storytelling, but let's remind ourselves that none of these things have any relevance to the question of whether or not he deserved to die.
Four Granavox Turbines!

GIANCAVIA

Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:27 pm

Quoting zckls04 (Reply 27):
I understand the point you're making about storytelling, but let's remind ourselves that none of these things have any relevance to the question of whether or not he deserved to die.

They are completely relevant things to consider, The point I was responding to was..

Like I said anyone can paint it any way to fit their agenda.

As for his death you are making the assumption he didn't attack the officer which would more then justify bullets in the criminals direction. Unless you are delusional enough to believe an officer with not even a single complaint or blip on his record decided to go out one day after years and years of service and shoot this man for the sake of it.

Everything aside the reality is the world wont miss another thug wannabee other then those who falsely pretend to care about every single death that happens every place on the planet. They conveniently forget to protest all the gang killings in the same areas.. because then they don't get to play the racial victim card to justify their lack of effort in life.

LittleFokker

Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:43 pm

So, being shot to death for jaywalking is "slightly less" justified than making a motion reaching for a gun???

I was trying to be on the conservative side, since not too much is known about the Taylor case. I don't know what the hand motion he made was, so I don't want to completely throw the cop under the bus.

Quoting Giancavia (Reply 28):
As for his death you are making the assumption he didn't attack the officer which would more then justify bullets in the criminals direction.

Wrong on both accounts here. First off, we have no credible evidence to suggest that Brown even attacked the officer. It was a conservative blogger who started that rumor, no witnesses have substantiated it, and, since the cop has changed his story multiple times already, yields little credibility on his part. Second, even if it were true that Brown and the cop were engaged in fisticuffs, that's still not justification to shoot Brown. He is paid to quell situations, not escalate them with unnecessary violence.

Everything aside the reality is the world wont miss another thug wannabee

Get off your high horse, Mr Perfect.

Type-Rated

Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:53 pm

I seriously believe that the media is intentionally suppressing black on white crime. They currently only cover the tip of the iceburg. Even local newspapers are doing this. But I will say that the Michael Brown thing did explode in the media and Obama's faces after his backround was released. And I do believe that there is more forthcoming.

Sending White House reps to a criminal's funeral was a criminal act itself.

[Edited 2014-08-29 15:54:04]
Fly North Central Airlines..The route of the Northliners!

Okie

Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:51 am

So, being shot to death for jaywalking is "slightly less" justified than making a motion reaching for a gun???

Easy there Seb there were indications early on that Brown assaulted the officer.
I will wait for the investigation.
I prefer facts.
There is the gravest possibility there was a little more involved here than the path the willing want to be led by the media.

Okie

GIANCAVIA

Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:54 am

Quoting LittleFokker (Reply 29):
Second, even if it were true that Brown and the cop were engaged in fisticuffs, that's still not justification to shoot Brown. He is paid to quell situations, not escalate them with unnecessary violence.

Congratulations on showing you have absolutely no grasp of reality. What should the officer do when being charged or attacked by a criminal built like a tank... "hey please mr crim would you kindly sit down, Gosh I know you are charging at me but please come on lets all be friends sit down... awww you are coming full at me with an adrenaline rush while on drugs .. I guess I could risk my own death by shooting you in your pinky... damn didnt work .. let me shoot at your knee.. aww damn the rush is still allowing you to come at me OH DAMN I AM DEAD now because I didn't follow my training. When someone charges and then attacks a cop they are going to be put down with clips fully emptied.

Get off your high horse, Mr Perfect.

Diddums... I don't go around committing crimes or doing drugs, The moron made music Glamourising death and got to die by the sword. Get over it and move on, He wont be a loss to society.

Quoting type-rated (Reply 30):
But I will say that the Michael Brown thing did explode in the media and Obama's faces after his backround was released. And I do believe that there is more forthcoming.

He has prior, After all if he had a son apparently his son would be a criminal... his own words though so.. whatever floats his boat other then golf eh?

LittleFokker

Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:57 am

Quoting type-rated (Reply 30):

I must have slept through Michael Brown's trial and conviction. Good thing Brown will have an opportunity to tell his side of the story. Oh, wait.......

GIANCAVIA

Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:00 am

Quoting LittleFokker (Reply 33):
I must have slept through Michael Brown's trial and conviction. Good thing Brown will have an opportunity to tell his side of the story. Oh, wait.......

That's funny because you convicted the police officer you hypocrite.

And whether you like it or not he committed a crime live on cctv for everybody to see.

[Edited 2014-08-29 19:02:39]

zckls04

Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:33 am

As for his death you are making the assumption he didn't attack the officer which would more then justify bullets in the criminals direction.

No, I'm not making any assumptions at all. That would indeed justify bullets in the criminal's direction. But that's not what you said. You made reference to him sometimes committing the sin of being tall, making gang signs, offensive rap lyrics and (shock horror) marijuana in his system.

The fact that you chose these as supporting evidence for why he deserved to die troubles me- far more than had you said "if it transpires that he attacked the officer, he deserved what he got".

Unless you are delusional enough to believe an officer with not even a single complaint or blip on his record decided to go out one day after years and years of service and shoot this man for the sake of it.

Mehserle did. He made a mistake. Mistakes happen and can be fatal in such situations, and if a mistake was made I'm not sure why character-assassination of Brown will help anybody in the long run. Far better to do that than blindly accept either side of the story.

Everything aside the reality is the world wont miss another thug wannabee other then those who falsely pretend to care about every single death that happens every place on the planet.

Well "the world" won't care one way or another in the long run. But that's the same with everybody. And again- it's not your place to decide what other people should and shouldn't care about.

They conveniently forget to protest all the gang killings in the same areas.. because then they don't get to play the racial victim card to justify their lack of effort in life.

Probably true. But shouldn't we expect a better standard of behavior from police officers than gang members?
Four Granavox Turbines!

ltbewr

Sat Aug 30, 2014 4:03 am

Perhaps one issue it that much of the 'media' is trying not to look racist by giving so much attention to the events in Ferguson, MO, including in part to 'make equal time' discussing the underlying issues of Black Americans.

seb146

Sat Aug 30, 2014 6:20 am

Quoting Giancavia (Reply 34):
And whether you like it or not he committed a crime live on cctv for everybody to see.

Did he? I have been on CCTV at least 20 times today. If the media decides, they can conclude that I am a thief.

Quoting okie (Reply 31):
there were indications early on that Brown assaulted the officer.

But, since more and more witnesses have come forward, that does not seem to be the case.

Quoting okie (Reply 31):
I will wait for the investigation.
I prefer facts.

So do I but when this much time passes before the cop has to provide his side of the story, what do you think is going to happen? Three weeks and just now he has to give his side? hmmmmm....

I was trying to be on the conservative side, since not too much is known about the Taylor case. I don't know what the hand motion he made was, so I don't want to completely throw the cop under the bus.

It says in the article that he made a reaching motion into his clothes. I'm sorry, but, as much as I do not trust the cops, I will never ever give them a reason to shoot me! My hands will be seen at all times because, I know, they will shoot. Heck, they will even run bicyclists over, if they feel like it. And get away with it!

http://market-ticker.org/post=229354

he didn't attack the officer which would more then justify bullets in the criminals direction.

Which would be why he had his hands up, according to witnesses. Also, since no 911 call had been received and no talk of assault or Michael Brown being aggressive, how would that justify the officer firing his pistol six times? Those officers don't have tazers?

Type-Rated

Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:56 am

Quoting ltbewr (Reply 36):
Perhaps one issue it that much of the 'media' is trying not to look racist by giving so much attention to the events in Ferguson, MO, including in part to 'make equal time' discussing the underlying issues of Black Americans.

It's not just news from Ferguson that's being suppressed, it's most all black on white crime being suppressed. The knock out game, home invasions, smash and grab retail burglaries, it's endless.

As for issues in the black community, it's high time they start participating in reducing crime in their community instead of letting local police handle it for them.

[Edited 2014-08-31 17:58:03]

seb146

Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:47 am

Quoting type-rated (Reply 38):
it's most all black on white crime being suppressed.

Not around here. Or Portland. Or Seattle. When violent crime happens in these three areas, the race of all parties involved is mentioned.

As for issues in the black community, it's high time they start participating in reducing crime in their community instead of letting local police handle it for them.

And when the Black community does try to do something about it, they are either told by police to just let the police handle it or there is no money for something like that.

Type-Rated

Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:34 am

Quoting seb146 (Reply 39):
Not around here. Or Portland. Or Seattle. When violent crime happens in these three areas, the race of all parties involved is mentioned.

Look again. Not always.

Quoting seb146 (Reply 39):
And when the Black community does try to do something about it, they are either told by police to just let the police handle it or there is no money for something like that.

If they can riot as they did in Ferguson, why don't some black leaders get together and hold rallies for peace? The energy needed is there, it just needs to be refocused in a more positive direction. Denouncing gang membership and the thug adoration would be a good start. I'm sure the police would like to see that happen. They claim there are no opportunities. If you have a criminal record, a lot of doors to opportunity will close on you. People need to realize that too.
Once people join a gang, they become "people without a future".

Superfly

Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:10 am

Quoting vikkyvik (Reply 7):
The media is a business. They will do what's best for them to make money. If the readers gravitate toward a certain type of story, then it's in the media's best interest, financially, to report on said type of story.

Which is the most disgusting thing about all of this.

Quoting Giancavia (Reply 9):
Probably why most people avoid mainstream outlets now.

"Most" people? Are you sure about that? I think a lot of people still do.

The media may be a joke but should be taken very seriously because they cause so much damage. Too many people do take them very seriously.

Dillon Taylor wasn't "white", he's half Hispanic.
Quoting Pyrex (Reply 15):
I am sorry, but if George Zimmerman was a "white hispanic" when it was convenient then so is this Dillon Taylor fellow.

George Zimmerman is just as white as Barack Obama.

Quoting na (Reply 24):
Yes, and if racist issues are hindering them to even apply for such jobs. And I believe its worth investigating why 90% of the police is white in a town where half of the people are not. Who can say for sure its NOT racism to some extent? I´m suspicious.

Good points Na.
The description of Ferguson sounds like one of those ex-urb cities where low-income people were priced out of the big city and relocated due to demolition of inner-city housing projects or moved with the hopes of a cheaper an better quality of life but instead other ghetto-types followed as well. Similar cities would be Calumet City, IL, Rialto, CA and Stockton, CA.
The labor pool is almost all unskilled, low-end people without a high school diploma, many having run-ins with the police, convictions, can't pass a drug test, behind in child support, don't know how to dress up for a job interview an some don't even know how to show up on time for an interview. All of the above would disqualify them from getting a job with the police department. Those with clean records an education do not aspire to live in cities like Ferguson.

It's not just news from Ferguson that's being suppressed, it's most all black on white crime being suppressed. The knock out game, home invasions, smash and grab retail burglaries, it's endless.

To answer PSA53's question, I'd say yes.
Bring back the Concorde

seb146

Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:56 pm

Quoting type-rated (Reply 40):
Quoting seb146 (Reply 39):Not around here. Or Portland. Or Seattle. When violent crime happens in these three areas, the race of all parties involved is mentioned.

Look again. Not always.

True. When it is the same race, that is not reported. For example, no media outlet ever talks about a white meth addict beating his white meth addict neighbor to death. Only when different races are involved.

Quoting type-rated (Reply 40):
They claim there are no opportunities. If you have a criminal record, a lot of doors to opportunity will close on you. People need to realize that too.
Once people join a gang, they become "people without a future".

Because they are told there is no future for you if you live in the ghettos. And, yes, the media perpetuates that myth. When people are given only a sliver of the story, that is what is repeated as the whole story.

Like they myth of all food stamp recipients being on drugs. The states where drug testing is mandatory, they have found less than 1/5 of one per cent of all recipients and applicants are on drugs. Tennessee reports .12% (12/100 of one per cent) tested positive and Florida is even lower, IIRC. After the media frenzy of "all welfare queens are on drugs!"

Flighty

Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:46 pm

Quoting seb146 (Reply 42):
Because they are told there is no future for you if you live in the ghettos.

Even if that is true, and it usually is, every person is free to move.

One man I know grew up in a very poor inner city area (until around age 35). Then he moved to one of the nicest suburbs in the US (bus ticket). He then got a job as a janitor, eventually working at a university. His daughter went to a top class high school and then college. Some people take the opportunities they have. As an American, you have the right to live anywhere in the USA you choose, including an area with fanstastic schools. That is true for every American, I believe. But most people can't be bothered.

GIANCAVIA

Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:17 pm

Quoting seb146 (Reply 37):

Did he? I have been on CCTV at least 20 times today. If the media decides, they can conclude that I am a thief.

Why play games, You have seen the video.. you have seen him attacking the store clerk and committing the crime. If you want to pretend it wasn't real that's not my problem. It is just games that weaken your argument.

Quoting Flighty (Reply 43):

One man I know grew up in a very poor inner city area (until around age 35). Then he moved to one of the nicest suburbs in the US (bus ticket). He then got a job as a janitor, eventually working at a university. His daughter went to a top class high school and then college. Some people take the opportunities they have. As an American, you have the right to live anywhere in the USA you choose, including an area with fanstastic schools. That is true for every American, I believe. But most people can't be bothered.

BAM, Bingo. But it is easier to play a certain card and blame "the man" .. lazing a way through life playing the victim, The excuses providing a way to never motivate ones self. Backed up by the hippy organizations that dont like wealth or success and want us all to live in tents maaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnn. A Janitor maaan come on maaaaan I aint working as no punk ass janitor I am self entitled G yo. I aint working when i can steal all your stuff and then blame slavery from 3 or 4 generations back or big corporations, illuminati? lol Got to have "tha rims, Tha cheese, Tha rEsPeKt yo". Cretins.

seb146

Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:37 pm

When they don't have a job or good education? Face it: the inner cities have nothing for kids and the kids grow into adults who are told about the untold wealth of this nation, but those kids can never ever get there because that untold wealth never reaches them. That is how Reagonomics has been working. Too poor to go to school, too poor to get a good job, too poor to move.

One man I know

I know a guy too. Want to try again?

Flighty

Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:46 pm

Quoting seb146 (Reply 45):
When they don't have a job or good education?

Most jobs don't require a good education. But all jobs require workers. A lot of people aren't "workers." Some places in the country with 3% unemployment right now. Sioux Falls, South Dakota is one. Step 1, if you really want to work, is move there.

If people don't want to work, but are able, then my sympathy is quite limited.

[Edited 2014-09-03 11:47:38]

Type-Rated

Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:03 am

Quoting seb146 (Reply 45):
When they don't have a job or good education? Face it: the inner cities have nothing for kids and the kids grow into adults who are told about the untold wealth of this nation, but those kids can never ever get there because that untold wealth never reaches them. That is how Reagonomics has been working. Too poor to go to school, too poor to get a good job, too poor to move.

Oh, come on now. There is a lot of grant money the government has for people in such circumstances to use to go back to school if they really have the desire. But you can't just sit back and let it come to you. You have to do your own research and find out how to obtain it. Some people just find it easier to hook up with a gang and obtain the things they want by stealing. At least trying to better yourself won't get you killed.

ImperialEagle

Thu Sep 04, 2014 12:25 pm

Quoting Giancavia (Reply 9):
Probably why most people avoid mainstream outlets now.

Well, I would disagree on that one. Unfortunately, most of the US general public is ignorantly unaware of how the mainstream media manipulates them.
Not only that, but, the liberals who despise freedom of speech and any disagreement with their agenda, continuously try to delegitimize all other news outlets. It's their way or no way and a lot of the US general public just doesn't realize that-----yet.

There once was a time when it could be said that "truth will prevail", however, time has changed that. Yet, those who seek the truth can find it-----you just have to be willing to work at it and look in places you would not ordinarily look.
Not for the lazy.  

I love Newsbusters, and although they are not perfect, they do help shine a light where before there had only been darkness.
"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough!"