lpdal
Topic Author

100 Teens Swarm Memphi Mall Knocking Out Customers

Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:10 pm

http://www.thv11.com/story/news/crim...za-knocking-out-shoppers/15262309/

Quoting MEMPHIS, Tenn. (WREG) – THV11's CBS affiliate WREG:
MEMPHIS, Tenn. (WREG) – THV11's CBS affiliate WREG reported that three people are now recovering after a mob of teenagers ran through a busy shopping plaza, seemingly picking out customers and Kroger employees at random to attack.

A video of the incident has been shared with local news stations in the area and is quickly going viral. It shows a young adult lying still on the ground as others repeatedly kick him and stomp his head. Other are seen being chased or knocked to the ground.

What the....

There goes my plan to visit MEM out the window...I was hoping to see what remains of the DL ops.

In any event, this is just terrible...I have no words to say...

-LPDAL

[Edited 2014-09-10 13:12:06]
All of my views and posted content are mine alone, and should not be viewed as official communication from my employer, its subsidiaries thereof, or any other entities or airlines.

PHX787

RE: 100 Teens Swarm Memphi Mall Knocking Out Customers

Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:17 pm

Well, what part of town was this in and what was the racial demographic?
Follow me on twitter: www.twitter.com/phx787

CalebWilliams

Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:23 pm

From the article:

Quote:
WREG said a witness told the cameras that the three people injured were attacked indiscriminately--two victims were African American, and one victim was Caucasian.

The video posted is very blurry but you can clearly see one person on the ground not moving.
Caleb Williams MSP AUS STL AMS CPH LGW YYZ

mham001

Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:32 pm

"They got a white dude, hold on...HAHA!!!

IAHflyer97

Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:44 pm

Fantastic, and only 2 weeks before I go there! Greeeeeeeeat!
A man is only as big as the amount of strings on his guitar.

mham001

Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:59 pm

Followup report says they attacked 2 white guys walking from their car, one of whom made it into the store, and then a black employee who went to the aid of the second, smashing their heads with large pumpkins after they lay unconscious.

Any bets on hate crime charges?

PHX787

Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:07 pm

Quoting mham001 (Reply 5):

Probably not since one of the victims was white.

Quoting CalebWilliams (Reply 2):
The video posted is very blurry but you can clearly see one person on the ground not moving.

I couldn't tell, are the attackers black or white?
Follow me on twitter: www.twitter.com/phx787

FriscoHeavy

Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:15 pm

There are never hate crimes if the victims are white, only when they are black do you have the attorney general calling for "hate crime" prosecution.

I'm against punishing people for a "hate crime" in the first place, but if you are going to use it, it needs to be used on people of every color.

If there is a crime, then punish it (the crime).. but we don't need to subjectively insert "hate crime" into prosecutions.

[Edited 2014-09-11 08:28:09]
Whatever

fr8mech

Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:26 pm

Quoting mham001 (Reply 5):
“We don’t have sufficient enough evidence to investigate this as a hate crime,” Armstrong said.

http://wreg.com/2014/09/08/was-brutal-beating-at-kroger-a-hate-crime/

It's freaking ridiculous. I don't care if just one of the victims was white...the incident clearly has racial undertones and should be prosecuted as a hate crime.

Now, let's be very clear here...I completely disagree with the concept of a 'hate crime'. A crime is a crime regardless of the motivation. What hate crime legislation tells us is that some classes of people are worth more than others.

Hate crimes criminalize thought. That should be anathema to Americans (and any civilized people).

But, if the law exists, apply it fairly and without prejudice. Mr. Holder...where are you?
When seconds count...the police are minutes away.
Unless it's expressly prohibited, it's allowed.
You are not entitled to a public safe space.
Ego Bibere Capulus, Ut Aliis Sit Vivere

FriscoHeavy

Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:29 pm

Couldn't have said it better myself FR8Mech.
Whatever

Marcus

Thu Sep 11, 2014 6:47 pm

Disgusting people...random attacks on innocent people are just disgusting.
Kids!....we are going to the happiest place on earth...TIJUANA! signed: Krusty the Clown

Type-Rated

Thu Sep 11, 2014 6:50 pm

This kind of crime is an offshoot of the flash mobs where a mob of "urban youth" comes into a store and takes whatever they want and leaves without paying for any of it. The perps use social media to come up with a time and place and then text each other as to where to meet up before going as a group to the crime site. It's all done with a degree of precision.

Unfortunately, I think we are going to be seeing more and more of these types of crime. Usually someone is taking a video of it to be posted to Youtube and very few, if any of the flash mob perps are ever caught.

What the story didn't say is did this crowd intend on robbing merchandise from the store and the injured people just got in the way? Did the mob come to the store just to beat up and injure the people without robbing the store?

I would go ahead and take your trip to Memphis as this is not a Memphis specific activity. It happens all over the country. It could even happen at a mall near your home. The only thing you have to worry about is what would you do if something like this happens in your presence.

Edit: more info

[Edited 2014-09-11 11:54:05]
Fly North Central Airlines..The route of the Northliners!

lewis

Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:46 pm

Quoting type-rated (Reply 11):
The only thing you have to worry about is what would you do if something like this happens in your presence.

Just don't ask that question in open carry states.

MD11Engineer

Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:10 pm

About two years ago I saw maybe 50 children and teenagers raid a supermarket in Dublin, Ireland near Connolly Station . Actually, while walking down the street with my Missus, I noticed a group of children and teenagers, ranging from about 7 to 18 congregate at an intersection, and in retrospect, the older teenagers giving orders.
A few minutes later and maybe 500 yards down the road, the mob passed us running on the other side of the road and entered the "Spar" supermarket. Maybe a minute later they ran out again, each of them carrying something. I tried to take pictures, but got warned by other pedestrians that these feral kids and teenagers would beat up anybody they thought to be a threat (the older ones were almost grown up men and even with the younger ones it won't help you if you get attacked by 20 of them).

Jan

[Edited 2014-09-11 13:29:22]
Je Suis Charlie et je suis Ahmet aussi

pvjin

Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:20 pm

This kind of human trash belongs to working camps. I miss the good old times when criminals actually had to work to stay alive in prisons.

Quoting FriscoHeavy (Reply 7):
There are never hate crimes if the victims are white, only when they are black do you have the attorney general calling for "hate crime" prosecution.

Indeed, same happens here. Whenever a black guy gets beaten up it's usually expected to be racially motivated, when a black guy does that to white one it's just normal crime.

I guess it's a result of this pathetic thing called "white guilt". Western world should seriously get over colonial times and move on, black people today aren't victims of anything any more than other races are.
"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that." - Martin Luther King Jr

fr8mech

Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:52 am

Quoting lewis (Reply 12):
Just don't ask that question in open carry states.

It happened in Louisville, KY back in March. Kentucky is an open-carry and concealed carry state. No one was shot, even though several civilans were injured.

http://www.courier-journal.com/story...wn-mob-incidents-saturday/6826259/

This is speculation on my part but, the concealed carry numbers in KY indicate that there were probably some concealed carry folks in the area, but none decided to open-up and fire.

By the way, Tennessee is a concealed carry state that allows open-carry for concealed permit holders, though I'm having a hard time finding out whether Memphis bans open-carry.

http://www.handgunlaw.us/states/tennessee.pdf

I guess that you're implying there would have been a blood-bath in states that trust their citizens to carry guns...it appears, at least in these two cases, that you are incorrect.

Quoting type-rated (Reply 11):
I would go ahead and take your trip to Memphis as this is not a Memphis specific activity

I agree.
When seconds count...the police are minutes away.
Unless it's expressly prohibited, it's allowed.
You are not entitled to a public safe space.
Ego Bibere Capulus, Ut Aliis Sit Vivere

ImperialEagle

Fri Sep 12, 2014 1:27 am

WTF? They are lucky. One of these days they will try that on the wrong person(s) and some people will die.

Quoting fr8mech (Reply 8):
Mr. Holder...where are you?

Golfing with Al Sharpton  
"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough!"