Fiesta13
Topic Author

I Hate To Bring Up Sarah Palin....

Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:36 pm

But this is absolutely too good to pass up!

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/09/1...ed-in-heated-saturday-night-brawl/

If this is true, and it's sounding more like it is, someone has GOT to have recorded this. It'll be the greatest video of all time. I've always felt the Palin's were nothing but white trash (I am white, by the way), and this kind of hysterics just confirms it.

Someone find the video!!

vikkyvik

RE: I Hate To Bring Up Sarah Palin....

Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:53 pm

Eh, my overriding feeling is: who really cares?

Quoting Fiesta13 (Thread starter):
I've always felt the Palin's were nothing but white trash (I am white, by the way), and this kind of hysterics just confirms it.

You certainly don't need to be white trash to get into a fight. Especially when alcohol is involved.
I'm watching Jeopardy. The category is worst Madonna songs. "This one from 1987 is terrible".

seb146

Fri Sep 12, 2014 4:45 am

Quoting vikkyvik (Reply 1):
Eh, my overriding feeling is: who really cares?

I read this story a couple of days ago and that is exactly what I thought.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!

L-188

Fri Sep 12, 2014 5:54 am

She still would have been a better president then the half-wit idiot in the white house now (I know she ran for VP not P)

One article I saw stated this fight happened at the Iron Dog....That is a snowmachine race run in March......The trees haven't even dropped their leaves here yet....let alone us having enough snow to run snowmachines.
OBAMA-WORST PRESIDENT EVER....Even SKOORB would be better.

Type-Rated

Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:09 am

You do know that "The Raw Story" is a satire newspaper, right?

Sarah Palin was in Houston doing a fund raiser for a disabled veteran's group last Sunday. It was a $100 a plate affair.
And there are people out there who think she'll jump into the 2016 Presidential race at the last moment and mop up all the votes and win!
I'm just sayin......
Fly North Central Airlines..The route of the Northliners!

seb146

Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:58 am

Quoting L-188 (Reply 3):
She still would have been a better president then the half-wit idiot in the white house now

I know... with all the markets tripled in value and the housing market up and private sector jobs up and no wars based on lies... this guy now is just the worst!

Quoting type-rated (Reply 4):

People near her home have reported hearing drunken brawls according to other sources. TMZ and Jon Stewart are considered rags unless they support the far right wing narrative. Keep that in mind.

falstaff

Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:36 am

Quoting seb146 (Reply 5):
People near her home have reported hearing drunken brawls according to other sources

What is the source on that? Sarah Palin is a very polarizing person so anyone with an axe to grind could say anything they want about her.

TMZ and Jon Stewart

Entertainment news is hardly news.

Apparently some people don't care and still take it at face value.
My mug slaketh over on Falstaff N503

Fiesta13
Topic Author

Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:16 pm

Then go Google it yourself. It's been confirmed in more than one story. If you don't like the source, find another.

I know... with all the markets tripled in value and the housing market up and private sector jobs up and no wars based on lies... this guy now is just the worst!

Yeah, some Communist!!

Mir

Fri Sep 12, 2014 1:08 pm

No, it's not. They've got a bias, sure, but they report on actual stuff - it's not like The Onion.

-MIr
7 billion, one nation, imagination...it's a beautiful day

hkg82

Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:00 pm

It's confirmed and others are running the story as well. I do wonder how much coverage this will get on Fox ; )

Type-Rated

Fri Sep 12, 2014 8:42 pm

TMZ and Jon Stewart are considered rags unless they support the far right wing narrative.

Does anyone really care what Kim Kardashian is doing these days? That seems to be TMZ's purpose in life. It's a gossip rag.

Quoting falstaff (Reply 6):

Fly North Central Airlines..The route of the Northliners!

Fiesta13
Topic Author

Fri Sep 12, 2014 8:46 pm

Quoting type-rated (Reply 10):
Does anyone really care what Kim Kardashian is doing these days? That seems to be TMZ's purpose in life. It's a gossip rag.

I've NEVER understood the fascination with a family that built wealth on the backs of the poor in other nations like the Kardashaians have. And every one of them are flat-out nut cases. Why give them any press. Sarah Palin, I can see, because she was picked as a VP nominee, so I get that to a point, but that family?

Mir

Fri Sep 12, 2014 8:48 pm

Quoting type-rated (Reply 10):
Does anyone really care what Kim Kardashian is doing these days? That seems to be TMZ's purpose in life.

That, and investigating what the NFL seems incapable of investigating itself.

-Mir

Ken777

Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:13 pm

I can think of at least one professional football player who will be happy to see that women can throw some punches.

I guess it's also a warning for young guys to stay away from WIllow as it's high risk to dump her.

Fiesta13
Topic Author

Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:54 pm

Quoting Ken777 (Reply 13):

I guess it's also a warning for young guys to stay away from WIllow as it's high risk to dump her.

The question should be who in God's name would want to date her and get stuck with THAT is your in-laws? What a nightmare.

D L X

Sat Sep 13, 2014 12:08 am

I can't tell you just how much fun it would be to see that video.

Get your popcorn ready.

Mir

Sat Sep 13, 2014 4:17 am

Quoting Ken777 (Reply 13):
Quoting Fiesta13 (Reply 14):
The question should be who in God's name would want to date her and get stuck with THAT is your in-laws? What a nightmare.

Can we leave her kids out of it? I guess Bristol's fair game since she went and did her own reality show, but the rest of them haven't sought the public eye - no reason to talk crap about them just because they happened to be born to a certain person.

-Mir

seb146

Sat Sep 13, 2014 5:56 am

*cough*Fox*cough*

What is the source on that?

Anchorage Police Department. I have been seeing this story on Yahoo news for the past two days.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...rs-a-bloody-brawl-and-sarah-palin/

Quoting Mir (Reply 16):
Can we leave her kids out of it?

No. She was picked to be the VP nominee. She still inserts herself into politics. People still look up to her as a guiding beacon in the far right wing faction of the Republican party. If Democrats are judged by the company they keep, the right surely can be judged by their families.

[Edited 2014-09-12 23:19:05]

Max Q

Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:58 am

Quoting L-188 (Reply 3):
She still would have been a better president then the half-wit idiot in the white house now

You are a total idiot if you actually believe this, our President had his work cut out for him digging us out of the cataclysm that 'w' a real half wit retard left him but has done an admirable job, despite the lunatic right's best efforts to stop him at every turn.

The damage 'w' did was incalculable, thousands of innocent lives lost, billions wasted for no reason other than to 'avenge his daddy' who never wanted such actions and knew better himself.

He was the worst president in the history of the United States, it took a forward thinking liberal democrat president to get us out of the hole he dug.

Grow a brain, stop listening to Rush and turn off Fox news, try educating yourself on reality.
Your attitude is the reason this country is in so much trouble.

[Edited 2014-09-13 02:05:33]

[Edited 2014-09-13 02:06:09]

[Edited 2014-09-13 02:06:46]
The best contribution to safety is a competent Pilot.

GGg

luv2fly

Sat Sep 13, 2014 12:18 pm

Talk about someone who has milked her 15 minutes for all its worth.
You can cut the irony with a knife

GDB

Sat Sep 13, 2014 12:42 pm

But will this impact on whatever 'extract money from stupid rubes' project she has going?

luv2fly

Sat Sep 13, 2014 1:02 pm

No cause she will pit a spin on this and blame the media for attacking her and her family's privacy! Though she works in the media and courts the media when it helps her and her cause! Sorry you can't have it both ways.
You can cut the irony with a knife

Fiesta13
Topic Author

Sat Sep 13, 2014 3:56 pm

Quoting Mir (Reply 16):

On this story, no, we cannot, because it sounds like her brats were the instigators in this little fracas. Track waas in someone's face because an ex of Willow's happened to be there; Willow and Bristol started punching the host of the party; Track then was shirtless and was flipping people off. Then Sarah is in the middle of it, apparently yellling "Do you know who I am?"

They're nothing better than arrogant, entitled white trash, IMHO. That's what they are, and they think because John McCain was dumb enough to put her on the '08 Ticket that the world owes her.

And L-188, ANYONE who says a dumb bimbo like Palin would be a better President than a Harvard Grad and someone as intelligent as Mr. Obama either A) just wants to hate, or B) lives in a very small bubble. I'd venture it's a little of both. Sarah is one of the most ignorant, backwards politicians I've ever seen, and she'd have been frightening as POTUS.

seb146

Sat Sep 13, 2014 5:25 pm

Quoting Max Q (Reply 18):
stop listening to Rush and turn off Fox news

I would not go that far. I would, instead, say keep listening to them but, at the same time, ask what the rest of the story is and remember their starting point is "hate Obama at all costs."

Ken777

Sat Sep 13, 2014 7:04 pm

Quoting Mir (Reply 16):

The story was about Palin's kids. Palin's son went after an ex-boyfriend of one of Palin's daughters and another one of Palin's dauther cam in throwing a right hook or two or three. That's the story - just some questions about if Palin's husband got into the fray and started throwing punches, or Palin was throwing some herself. VIcious set of kids that broad raised and apparently all of them feel they are special. Looks like the only kid not getting into the fith was the one with Downs.

Fiesta13
Topic Author

Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:17 pm

Quoting Ken777 (Reply 24):
VIcious set of kids that broad raised and apparently all of them feel they are special.

Of course they feel that way. After all, the McCain For President Campaign bought them all new wardrobes in 2008. Wouldn't you feel entitled if that happened to you?

BestWestern

Sun Sep 14, 2014 4:35 pm

I know... with all the markets tripled in value and the housing market up and private sector jobs up and no wars based on lies... !

in Kenya
Greetings from Hong Kong.... a subsidiary of China Inc.

seb146

Sun Sep 14, 2014 5:00 pm

Quoting Ken777 (Reply 24):
just some questions about if Palin's husband got into the fray and started throwing punches, or Palin was throwing some herself.

Sarah was reportedly screaming "Don't you know who I am?" also.

Ken777

Sun Sep 14, 2014 5:09 pm

Quoting seb146 (Reply 27):
Sarah was reportedly screaming "Don't you know who I am?" also.

To which I would have replied "Unfortunately".   

falstaff

Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:35 am

Quoting Max Q (Reply 18):
Grow a brain, stop listening to Rush and turn off Fox news

I would say grow a brain and stop believing everything you hear on MSNBC and Ed Schultz, but I guess not enough people liked Schultz, so the free market took care of his radio show.

I don't get why so many on the left say that we on the right should stop listening to rightwing radio and news and form our own opinion. I ask how do liberals form an opinion. Don't they watch the news, read the paper, use the internet and listen to the radio? Their opinions are also formed by the people they watch and listen to. Nobody just forms an opinion on their own because they have to have somebody present them the information.

Fiesta13
Topic Author

Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:36 pm

Quoting falstaff (Reply 29):
I don't get why so many on the left say that we on the right should stop listening to rightwing radio and news and form our own opinion. I ask how do liberals form an opinion

We read different news sources; we watch different news sources, and since we don't have a real liberal radio, we don't have to be told what to think by idiots like Limbaugh and Glen Beck, and a host of other national and local right-wing kooks that fill the airwaves.

If you go on just about any discussion board about current events, you'll run into someone on the right who sounds like they read a script from Rush or the GOP platform. It's nauseating. There's no depth or substance to it in any way, shape or form.

Why do you think such lies like the birther movement, the belief by far too many righties that he President is a Muslim, really hates America and is setting up FEMA camps to persecute whites and Christians have had such traction for the last 6 years in the U.S? That's easy: right-wing talk radio, which most conservatives believe without quesiton.

Try thinking for yourself. It's liberating. I do, and that means I can support Barack Obama without agreeing with all his policies.

D L X

Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:31 pm

I'm not sure you guys heard me.

WHERE'S MY VIDEO?!?!

This would be epic entertainment. If TMZ can get Ray Rice's video from an elevator, why can't they get this?

falstaff

Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:44 pm

Quoting Fiesta13 (Reply 30):
Why do you think such lies like the birther movement, the belief by far too many righties that he President is a Muslim, really hates America and is setting up FEMA camps to persecute whites and Christians have had such traction for the last 6 years in the U.S? That's easy: right-wing talk radio, which most conservatives believe without quesiton.

I listen to Sean Hannity, Rush Limbaugh and Michael Savage on a regular basis and I never have heard any of them talking about FEMA camps or the President being a Muslim. I have heard that the President is sympathetic to Muslims and that he hates America. I personally believe that he does dislike the country, why else would he have campaigned on fundamentally changing this country. Most people don't change the things they like, they change things they don't, which is the entire point of change. This country was working fine long before Obama got here. Some people think it was broken; but I don't believe that.

If you go on just about any discussion board about current events, you'll run into someone on the right who sounds like they read a script from Rush or the GOP platform

A discussion board is hardly a place to get 100% intelligent opinions. Look at a.net for example. How many people discuss aviation issues and they have no facts, but just spout rumor and opinion. Sometimes rumors and opinions are fun to talk about, but they are not known as facts. There are some people who spout off about subjects they know nothing about. The same is true in politics, people pick up an issue they feel strongly about and run with it, regardless of the facts. People will believe a story about Sarah Palin that is published by a satirical source and take it as gospel because it fits their agenda. Even if the source is total BS they "just know its true". If you want to believe everything bad about Sarah Palin than I have the right to believe everything bad about Barrack Obama.

don't have to be told what to think by idiots

No, you are just told to think by people supporting your point of view.

seb146

Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:48 pm

I guess not enough people liked Schultz, so the free market took care of his radio show.

Actually, he was moved off the air by corporations to make way for sports radio. Arbitron ratings show that Randi Rhodes and Stephanie Miller actually do better than their right-wing counter parts. Yet, they are on fewer stations. Imagine if they had been on more stations?

I don't get why so many on the left say that we on the right should stop listening to rightwing radio and news and form our own opinion. I ask how do liberals form an opinion. Don't they watch the news, read the paper, use the internet and listen to the radio?

Here is what many of us centrist/leftists do: read and listen to multiple sources. Yes, we listen to MSNBC but we also listen to BBC and Fox Entertainment. The right seems to form their opinion solely on Fox Entertainment and "fact check" with Rush and NY Post. If one lie is told on one station, the same lie will be repeated by like minded stations. Which is why center and left leaning people tell righties to turn off Fox.

falstaff

Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:04 pm

Quoting seb146 (Reply 33):
Actually, he was moved off the air by corporations to make way for sports radio. Arbitron ratings show that Randi Rhodes and Stephanie Miller actually do better than their right-wing counter parts. Yet, they are on fewer stations. Imagine if they had been on more stations?

Because sports radio makes more money. That should say a lot about leftist radio hosts. Nobody wants to listen to them.
[

Here is what many of us centrist/leftists do: read and listen to multiple sources. Yes, we listen to MSNBC but we also listen to BBC and Fox Entertainment

I am pretty far to the right and don't have cable TV, so I get NO Fox news. I get regular over the air stations. I read Detroit Free Press and read the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, when I summer in Missouri. I spent a good part of my life reading Newsweek Magazine (until they stopped publishing it as a Magazine). I have two University degrees and have traveled more than most people. The only right wingers I listen to are Rush, Sean and Michael. I am a Endowment member of the NRA. I make up my own mind, which is what a lot more righties do than you want to give credit for.

If one lie is told on one station, the same lie will be repeated by like minded stations

And leftist media sources don't engage in the same behavior?

D L X

Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:13 pm

Quoting falstaff (Reply 34):
If one lie is told on one station, the same lie will be repeated by like minded stations

And leftist media sources don't engage in the same behavior?

Why would that even matter considering your point that...

Nobody wants to listen to [leftist radio hosts].

So, if you're correct, it really doesn't matter what leftist radio hosts are doing. (For instance, I couldn't tell you what they're doing, because I don't listen to them. So clearly, I'm not getting any lies from them.)

Kaphias

Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:36 pm

Quoting Fiesta13 (Reply 22):
And L-188, ANYONE who says a dumb bimbo like Palin would be a better President than a Harvard Grad and someone as intelligent as Mr. Obama either A) just wants to hate, or B) lives in a very small bubble.

Being from Alaska, it's actually a big bubble. A very big bubble.

zckls04

Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:39 pm

Quoting falstaff (Reply 32):
I personally believe that he does dislike the country, why else would he have campaigned on fundamentally changing this country

I made a delicious curry last night. I decided it would be even better if I used shallots instead of onions. Does that mean I disliked it?

This country was working fine long before Obama got here.

Parts of it work, parts of it don't. Do you think there's no facet of America which has any room for improvement? If not, does that mean you dislike America as a whole?

I would say grow a brain and stop believing everything you hear on MSNBC and Ed Schultz, but I guess not enough people liked Schultz, so the free market took care of his radio show.
That should say a lot about leftist radio hosts. Nobody wants to listen to them.

In other words, liberals don't like echo chambers. After all, if they did then "leftist" radio hosts would be much more common wouldn't they? Why is right-wing media so popular? Could it be because it tells people what they want to hear?

Ditto Fox vs. MSNBC. Which one has more viewers?

Nobody just forms an opinion on their own because they have to have somebody present them the information.

Rush, Savage, Fox, MSNBC etc do not present the information, they present the opinion itself. That's the difference.
Four Granavox Turbines!

Fiesta13
Topic Author

Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:42 pm

I listen to Sean Hannity, Rush Limbaugh and Michael Savage on a regular basis and I never have heard any of them talking about FEMA camps or the President being a Muslim.

And you don't hear the absolute unhinged hatred against POTUS? And talk radio/right-wing media isn't limited to those three, is it? Go Google some of the nuts out there, that DO have a wealth of followers, and it's mind-bliwing.

I have heard that the President is sympathetic to Muslims and that he hates America. I personally believe that he does dislike the country, why else would he have campaigned on fundamentally changing this country.

Then you're not worth having an intelligent conversation about the President, because in my life, I have never heard nor seen a person running for, or who became president who hated the U.S. I'm sorry, but that's simply stupid, and I think you know that.

When he was talking about "change" you do realize he was talking about changing the direction of the nation? After all, we were coming off two botched wars; an economy in meltdown cause specifically by horrible policies of his predecessor; the stock market, banking industry and housing industry in collapse; 8 million jobs lost in under 2 years; billions of $$$$ in wealth lost. And you think someone who wanted to change that hates America?   

You simply use that excuse that he hates America as a justification for your own prejudices against the man, whatever they might be, because EVERY person running for President who hasn't been president is running on changing something about the nation. Ronald Reagan ran on change-you think HE hated America? Of course he didn't.

Richard Nixon and George W. Bush are two of the worst president's in our history, but I believe they loved this nation greately, and made terrible decisions while in office. I beleive whomever runs for President in 2016 on the GOP side, while I may detest their policies, does indeed love this nation, an will run on a platform of changing the last 8 years.

So that's an excuse, and it's one that is beneath contempt.

zkojq

Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:00 pm

Quoting GDB (Reply 20):
But will this impact on whatever 'extract money from stupid rubes' project she has going?

Oh, she will find a way! I'm sure she can dedicate a whole episode to explaining how shes 'just a momma Grizzly sticking up for the family'.  
Quoting Fiesta13 (Reply 22):
ANYONE who says a dumb bimbo like Palin would be a better President than a Harvard Grad and someone as intelligent as Mr. Obama either A) just wants to hate, or B) lives in a very small bubble.

C) Trolling.
First to fly the 787-9