Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

AeroWesty
Topic Author

Happy Thanksgiving!

Thu Nov 27, 2014 6:06 pm

Wherever you may be in the world, may you enjoy a Happy Thanksgiving today. No matter whether this has been a great year or not overall, there's always something to be thankful for.

It always gives me pause to stop and think about something good that's happened this year, even if it's as little as sitting down to dinner with no one else who enjoys the pleasure of a well-roasted drumstick (more for me!).
International Homo of Mystery

Tugger

RE: Happy Thanksgiving!

Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:28 pm

Thank you AeroWesty, and a very Happy Thanksgiving to you too!

We have 20 people over today (in about an hour) so it will be hectic, crazy, exhausting.... and fun and warm and special. I do very much enjoy this day.

May we all find things to be thankful for in our lives!

Tugg
   (too soon?  )
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. - W. Shatner
There are many kinds of sentences that we think state facts about the world but that are really just expressions of our attitudes. - F. Ramsey

TheCommodore

Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:45 pm

Quoting Tugger (Reply 1):
We have 20 people over today (in about an hour) so it will be hectic, crazy, exhausting.... and fun and warm and special. I do very much enjoy this day.

So, why aren't you in the kitchen helping the wife, an hour to go, and your on a.net ??????

Happy Thanksgiving all you Yanks      
“At first, they'll only dislike what you say, but the more correct you start sounding the more they'll dislike you.”

Okie

Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:54 pm

Happy Thanksgiving to all.

Typical Thanksgiving here. Lots of family, enchiladas and turkey. Did I mention Pecan Pie?

The real Thanksgiving treat comes after everyone goes home and things get quiet and you get to make the yearly left over turkey sandwich with probably too much Mayo.

Okie

TWA772LR

Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:16 am

С Днем Благодарения!

Eat lots of stuffing!!!
When wasn't America great?

The thoughts and opinions shared under this username are mine and are not influenced by my employer.

fr8mech

Fri Nov 28, 2014 1:27 am

Happy Thanksgiving to all.

Worked last night and working tonight. Prepped the bird this morning and my darling wife put it in at the appointed hour. Got up after 3 hours of fitful sleep and put together the stuffing and last minute stuff.

Fed 23 people and had a wonderful time with family and friends. Sitting at work now, contemplating the dish I brought to work and wondering if it's too early to jump back in.

And, what Thanksgiving is complete without this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lf3mgmEdfwg

Again, Happy Thanksgiving to all and may the Christmas Season bring you joy and contentment.
When seconds count, the police are minutes away, or may not come at all.
It’s hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it’s damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person. ~B. Murray
Ego Bibere Capulus, Ut Aliis Sit Vivere

fxramper

Fri Nov 28, 2014 2:29 am

My first sit down no work meal in 7 years. Happy Turkey Day to all.

Quoting fr8mech (Reply 5):
Worked last night and working tonight. Prepped the bird this morning and my darling wife put it in at the appointed hour. Got up after 3 hours of fitful sleep and put together the stuffing and last minute stuff.

LMFAO.

Thought you were working on a plane and had your wife doing something to it. I choked on pie.

fr8mech

Fri Nov 28, 2014 2:35 am

Quoting fxramper (Reply 6):
Thought you were working on a plane and had your wife doing something to it. I choked on pie.

I guess I should have been a little more specific, this being the forum that it is.

When seconds count, the police are minutes away, or may not come at all.
It’s hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it’s damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person. ~B. Murray
Ego Bibere Capulus, Ut Aliis Sit Vivere

jetblueguy22

Fri Nov 28, 2014 4:45 am

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Did the cooking for the first time this year. Actually pretty happy with how everything came out. Turkey, green bean casserole, mashed potatoes, rolls, homemade pumpkin pie. It was all good for a first timer! I know my roommate wasn't complaining. Even the puppy had a little taste!
Pat
Look at sweatpants guy. This is a 90 million dollar aircraft, not a Tallahassee strip club

zkojq

Fri Nov 28, 2014 8:48 am

Happy TG, American friends. Enjoy the Turkey.  
First to fly the 787-9

Cadet985

Sat Nov 29, 2014 2:19 am

Belated happy Thanksgiving to all. My dad and I did our annual cheat and went to our favorite diner, a tradition started three years ago, by unplanned closing of Chinese restaurants.

Marc

Superfly

Sat Nov 29, 2014 9:00 pm

Happy belated Thanksgiving boys & girls!

Bring back the Concorde

PHX787

Sun Nov 30, 2014 3:39 pm

I celebrated here in japan on friday! Friday morning I called my parents back in Ohio (still thursday then)
and friday evening my Japanese friend's cafe hosted a thanksgiving party-- with actual turkey....from Costco! It's practically an American thanksgiving!   
Follow me on twitter: www.twitter.com/phx787