Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Airstud
Topic Author

My Food Intake Today

Fri Dec 05, 2014 11:53 am

consisted of a egg salad sandwich, a Bolthouse® Farms chocolate ProteinPlus smoothie, a Bosc pear, 2 NUGO type proteiny, nutritiony-type bars (I think I need to lessen my intake of those sorts of things), 10 Applegate Farms chicken-apple breakfast sausages, a Bartlett pear, and some pulled roasted chicken breast meat with Jack Daniel's No. 7 mustard.

Plus my usual fish oil (a 1200mg capsule with breakfast, 1 with lunch, still haven't had my 3rd and final one of the day), Vitamin World men's Ultra-Vitamamin pack, and 120mg of ginkgo biloba.

Which of these things is/are responsible for my current voluminous flatus?
Pancakes are delicious.

flyingturtle

RE: My Food Intake Today

Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:42 pm

Yesterday: A cheese fondue, consisting of 300 grams of cheese (a 70-15-15 alloy of Gruyère, Emmentaler and Raclette cheese), the other ingredients and then bread.

Today: Lentils, a diced carrot, a piece of frozen bacon. All steamed until the lentils were al dente.

Yes, quite often I just eat one meal per day. To lose weight. And to wash less dishes.  

David
Reading accident reports is what calms me down

Kiwirob

Fri Dec 05, 2014 2:12 pm

Quoting flyingturtle (Reply 1):
Yes, quite often I just eat one meal per day. To lose weight. And to wash less dishes.

That isn't the way to lose weight. You body is going to store everything it gets if you starve yourself, eventually you'll start dropping weight but your body will drop muscle mass before it starts on the fat.

I get the less dishes bit, even better use disposable plates, just bin them after.

Quoting Airstud (Thread starter):

That's from protein, a lot of what you are eating is protein.

Vitamin World men's Ultra-Vitamamin pack

A huge waste of money for little to no benefit at all, the suppliament companies will say otherwise, the guy at the gym or healthfood shop selling them will swear black and blue they work, but they don't. The supplement industry is racking it in based of bro and junk science.

Quote:
Dietary supplements are a multibillion-dollar industry in the United States, and multivitamins account for nearly half of all vitamin sales, according to the U.S. Office of Dietary Supplements.

But a growing body of evidence suggests that multivitamins offer little or nothing in the way of health benefits, and some studies suggest that high doses of certain vitamins might cause harm.
http://www.webmd.com/vitamins-and-su...-waste-your-money-on-multivitamins

There's dozens of studies which all point to the same thing, multi vitamins are BS.

B777LRF

Fri Dec 05, 2014 2:34 pm

It's friday. I'll have a big nice juicy steak, with an as yet undetermined variation of potatoes. It shall be washed down with a suitable bottle of red, I have a naughty little French number gagging to be uncorked, and afterwards the cheese I'll shortly be removing from the fridge will have the right temperature. Think there's a nice Port hiding in the back of the cupboard (no, silly, it's on the table right in front of you, and you've already had a glass) to go with it.

Afterwards her indoors shall be playing the part of armcandy, as we go out for a few drinks and leave the kids with the Xbox and internet to play with. All the drinks will inevitably lead to a craving for grease and protein later on, and it might just be that a Kebab could pass by me teeth sometime past midnight. When we get home, might just poke head in fridge for a large dollop of Coke to wash the night down with.

Tomorrow, however, we'll be having a really unhealthy diet.
Signature. You just read one.

flyingturtle

Fri Dec 05, 2014 3:27 pm

Quoting KiwiRob (Reply 2):
That isn't the way to lose weight. You body is going to store everything it gets if you starve yourself, eventually you'll start dropping weight but your body will drop muscle mass before it starts on the fat.

Then all the lab animals that have been subject to intermittent fasting must be wrong. 

One of the problems with carbohydrates is that they're easily digested and you can eat every hour or two. To exercise intake control is difficult that way. After a big but low-carbohydrate meal I feel saturated for a whole day. Well, I can even go hiking for five hours with the first meal after returning home. But maybe I'm just accustomed...

David

AeroWesty

Fri Dec 05, 2014 4:22 pm

Oh, thank you for reminding me it's Prime Rib Friday. Mmmm, prime rib.
International Homo of Mystery

WestJet747

Fri Dec 05, 2014 4:37 pm

I'm currently preparing a beef wellington for lunch.   

Definitely that massive amount of protein you're consuming.

A cheese fondue
To lose weight.

Seems legit.  

A huge waste of money for little to no benefit at all, the suppliament companies will say otherwise, the guy at the gym or healthfood shop selling them will swear black and blue they work, but they don't. The supplement industry is racking it in based of bro and junk science.

I used to take expensive multi-vitamins until I realized that I was paying all that money for something that I could inexpensively fix through proper diet.
Flying refined.

Rara

Fri Dec 05, 2014 4:51 pm

Today I consumed two bread rolls with butter and jam, one chocolate roll, one café au lait and one sizeable bowl of sweetened yoghurt with a banana.

Sounds like I've only had breakfast so far. Sort of true.

I'll likely add a Chinese stir fry consisting of chopped pork belly with bell pepper, on rice.
Samson was a biblical tough guy, but his dad Samsonite was even more of a hard case.

LFutia

Sat Dec 06, 2014 2:42 am

Today: Coffee, Cigarettes, McDonalds, Yogurt, Water

Leo/ORD

[Edited 2014-12-05 18:46:43]
Leo/ORD

B777LRF

Sat Dec 06, 2014 10:00 am

Woke up an hour ago with just a mild hangover. The cure will shortly be on the table, and consists of scrambled eggs, a sizable dollop of bacon, baked banes and toast, all washed down with orange juice and half a pack of Marlboro's.

Mom and the boy will be out and about tonight, so it's just be me and the 11 year old girl for dinner. Only question is, which fast-food emporium will get our business tonight? Not one of the US chains, never frequent those places, but there are hundreds of other options available, and they all deliver to my door.

As it's Saturday, once the girl has been put to bed, I might just roll a spliff and enjoy it over a box of candy with a movie on the stupid box.

Yes, I know, living the healthy life!
Signature. You just read one.

Mortyman

Sat Dec 06, 2014 2:53 pm

Eat often ( 5 times a day ), but small portions. That is the way to keep the fat burning .

DIJKKIJK

Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:33 am

Hmmm, I think that depends on what your weight was to start with. If you are fatty and overweight , then dieting can help. For instance, I recently went from 95.5 kilos to 94 kilos in a week simply by cutting down my food intake.

But I used to be 106 kilos and went down to 99 kilos in a month by exercising, so that is definitely a good option too. 

True. In fact, those Ultravitamin packs can actually be harmful in the long run. They contain toxins of all sorts.
Never argue with idiots. They will bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience.

aerorobnz

Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:51 am

I had a bowl of bran with milk for breakfast and 3 slices of cheese on rice crackers for afternoon tea.
Flown to 147 Airports in 62 Countries on 83 Operators and counting. Wanderlust is like Syphilis, once you have the itch it's too late for treatment.

Airstud
Topic Author

Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:37 am

Quoting B777LRF (Reply 3):
I'll have a big nice juicy steak... and afterwards the cheese I'll shortly be removing from the fridge...All the drinks will inevitably lead to a craving for grease and protein later on, and it might just be that a Kebab could pass by me teeth sometime past midnight. When we get home, might just poke head in fridge for a large dollop of Coke to wash the night down with.
Quoting LFutia (Reply 8):
Today: Coffee, Cigarettes, McDonalds, Yogurt, Water
Quoting B777LRF (Reply 9):
scrambled eggs, a sizable dollop of bacon, baked beans and toast, all washed down with orange juice and half a pack of Marlboro's.

I am enjoying the fact that none of those statements garnered any response from the a.net community while the guy who had egg salad, a protein smoothie, fruit and poultry was thrice rebuked for taking vitamins.
Pancakes are delicious.

Superfly

Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:58 am

Protein?
Is that the reason a lot of women I like tend to be overweight?
Bring back the Concorde

flyingturtle

Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:02 pm

Quoting Airstud (Reply 13):
I am enjoying the fact that none of those statements garnered any response from the a.net community while the guy who had egg salad, a protein smoothie, fruit and poultry was thrice rebuked for taking vitamins.

Obsession for aviation does not leave any room for healthy food. 

Well, I just had lentils, a carrot and bacon............

David