Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

SOBHI51
Topic Author

2 Police Officers Shot In NY

Sat Dec 20, 2014 11:22 pm

The officers were ambushed while sitting in there car.

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/12/20/us...rk-police-officers-shot/index.html

[Edited 2014-12-20 15:24:28]

[Edited 2014-12-20 15:26:09]
I am against any terrorist acts committed under the name of Islam

Dreadnought

RE: 2 Police Officers Shot In NY

Sat Dec 20, 2014 11:42 pm

I hope the race-baiters who spent the past few months stirring the pot, convincing all the gullible fools that police are out to kill black people, are happy. They wanted to stir up a race war. Now we've got one.
Democrats haven't been this angry since we took away their slaves.

zanl188

Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:11 am

Not the first time cops have been ambushed in their car... too soon & too little info at this point to play the race card.
Legal considerations provided by: Dewey, Cheatum, and Howe

alberchico

Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:15 am

Quoting Dreadnought (Reply 1):
They wanted to stir up a race war. Now we've got one.

That's a bit harsh. In the case of Ferguson there were inconsistencies in the grand jury that even the prosecutor admits to.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...-jury-prosecutor-article-1.2051860

May the fallen officers RIP   
short summary of every jewish holiday: they tried to kill us ,we won , lets eat !

Dreadnought

Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:35 am

Quoting zanl188 (Reply 2):
Not the first time cops have been ambushed in their car... too soon & too little info at this point to play the race card.

He said on his social messaging before the attack that he was going to put "wings on pigs" in revenge for Brown and Garner. And such attacks have not happened in NYC in decades.

Quoting alberchico (Reply 3):
That's a bit harsh. In the case of Ferguson there were inconsistencies in the grand jury that even the prosecutor admits to.

And you offer that as justification? Shame on you. Even if there were issues, there is NO evidence - zero, zip, nada - that the Ferguson shooting had anything to do with Brown being black - a white guy doing the same would have also been shot. But the race-baiters and their enablers got on their soap-boxes and fed the fires. The result: crowds chanting "What do we want? Dead cops! When do we want it? Now!". And of course these two cops.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dj4ARsxrZh8

When will people learn that race-baiting is a BUSINESS? There is nothing noble about it. They are not out to correct any injustices. They don't give a shit about injustice. Sharpton and his ilk make money from it. Thanks to his efforts, he is now a close advisor to the NYC Mayor, and now, he claims, a part of the Sony Pictures management team.

PSA53

Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:51 am

I hope the race-baiters who spent the past few months stirring the pot, convincing all the gullible fools that police are out to kill black people, are happy. They wanted to stir up a race war. Now we've got one.

I agree.It could be the start of anarchy.The media chose their racist side and need to face the music!

Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson are just short of being called terrorists.Let's see how they handle this one.Will they call for civil rights violations in favor of the officers.Haha.Doubt it.

I give my heartfelt condolences to the families of the officers.
Tuesday's Off! Do not disturb.

Maverick623

Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:53 am

Quoting PSA53 (Reply 5):
Will they call for civil rights violations in favor of the officers.

Kinda hard to do that when the suspect killed himself shortly afterwards.
"PHX is Phoenix, PDX is the other city" -777Way

windy95

Sun Dec 21, 2014 1:25 am

The perpetrator was a black Muslim bent on revenge. This is on the hands of Sharpton, DeBlasio and most of the main stream media. Disgusting behavior that hopegully will not go unpunished.

fxramper

Sun Dec 21, 2014 1:32 am

De Blasio won't be invited to either funeral.

God rest the departed souls.   

WestJet747

Sun Dec 21, 2014 1:40 am

Pictures in the NY Daily News article suggest that the officers were hispanic and black.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...brooklyn-sources-article-1.2051941

Quoting Dreadnought (Reply 4):
And such attacks have not happened in NYC in decades.

Decade*. Last time it happened was in 2003.

Quoting windy95 (Reply 7):
The perpetrator was a black Muslim bent on revenge.

I've been reading updates on this for the past 2 hours on various sites and not once has religion of the perpetrator or the victims been mentioned. Do you have an actual source, or are you just hoping?

Disgusting behavior that hopegully will not go unpunished.

The perpetrator killed himself after committing the crime. Not sure how you punish a corpse...
Flying refined.

AR385

Sun Dec 21, 2014 1:41 am

My condolences to the families of both officers.

I hope this is just a rabidly crazy person and not the start of a trend.

johns624

Sun Dec 21, 2014 1:49 am

Quoting WestJet747 (Reply 9):
Pictures in the NY Daily News article suggest that the officers were hispanic and black.

Names suggest Hispanic and Asian.

WestJet747

Sun Dec 21, 2014 1:56 am

Quoting johns624 (Reply 11):
Names suggest Hispanic and Asian.
"Officers Rafael Ramos and Wenjian Liu"

Ah, it appears you're correct. I was looking at the perpetrator. My mistake.
Flying refined.

Dreadnought

Sun Dec 21, 2014 2:44 am

Doesn't matter. I've seen plenty of white students on the race-baiters' bandwagon. The point is that they have drummed up a cause (as phoney as it may be) for people to rally on, and they feel justified in attacking cops, looting etc. The race of the victims or perps is irrelevant.

vikkyvik

Sun Dec 21, 2014 3:15 am

Quoting Dreadnought (Reply 13):

Sorry, you can't call it a race war and then say the race of the victims doesn't matter. That just doesn't make any sense.
I'm watching Jeopardy. The category is worst Madonna songs. "This one from 1987 is terrible".

fr8mech

Sun Dec 21, 2014 3:23 am

Quoting vikkyvik (Reply 14):
Sorry, you can't call it a race war and then say the race of the victims doesn't matter. That just doesn't make any sense.

Actually, he can. Because the victims are police officers and the police department is a symbol of white authority. The race of the police officer is unimportant. I suspect that 2 black officers would have been just as valid a target as 2 white officers. It is the uniform that matters.
When seconds count, the police are minutes away, or may not come at all.
It’s hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it’s damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person. ~B. Murray
Ego Bibere Capulus, Ut Aliis Sit Vivere

Dreadnought

Sun Dec 21, 2014 3:25 am

It's the CAUSE that has caused some people (of all races who jump on it) to act like animals. This whole thing started because race-baiters tried to paint a picture that cops are "out to kill black men wherever they can". Idiots who believe this are in all races.

SOBHI51
Topic Author

Sun Dec 21, 2014 4:18 am

Religion has nothing to do in this case.

Superfly

Sun Dec 21, 2014 4:50 am

This is terrible. I really hope these cases of police brutality an retaliation stop. Things will get nastier an nastier if this trend continues.

Angry Black Muslim nationalist militant groups see all police as White. Even if the officer is Black, Latino or Asian, they see police as protectors of the 'White Power establishment'.

or are you just hoping?

Why would Dreadnought hope for something like that?

Anyhow, his full name is Ismaaiyl Abdullah Brinsley.

Will this attack be downgraded to 'workplace violence'?

More on Ismaaiyl Abdullah Brinsley can be found here;

http://www.barenakedislam.com/2014/1...lim-his-name-is-ismaaiyl-brinsley/
Bring back the Concorde

Pyrex

Sun Dec 21, 2014 5:14 am

This seems to be where he are headed now... seems like I got out on time.

http://nypost.com/2014/12/20/police-turn-their-back-on-de-blasio/
Read this very carefully, I shall write this only once!

D L X

Sun Dec 21, 2014 5:39 am

Dreadnought, this is your typical drumbeat. You tell me "I didn't say all" but then you immediately act like you mean all.

The fact remains clear if you care enough to open your eyes - despite your deep deep desire to blame DeBlasio, or Sharpton, or whatever liberal gets your panties in a bunch, this is the act of a criminal that hates cops, and didn't need DeBlasio or Sharpton to tell him to commit his crime.

You would be much better placed putting this on Wilson or Robert McCulloch, but that doesn't align with your politics, so you made this some bs race war thing.

vikkyvik

Sun Dec 21, 2014 6:12 am

Quoting fr8mech (Reply 15):
Quoting Dreadnought (Reply 16):
Quoting Superfly (Reply 18):

Well then I certainly wouldn't call it a race war. Just sheer stupidity. Like non-white people can't choose to be cops without supporting the white establishment's suppression of other races.

That's not a race war. That's just ignorance.
I'm watching Jeopardy. The category is worst Madonna songs. "This one from 1987 is terrible".

Superfly

Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:01 am

Quoting vikkyvik (Reply 21):
Just sheer stupidity. Like non-white people can't choose to be cops without supporting the white establishment's suppression of other races.

That's not a race war. That's just ignorance.

Amen to that!
Some will still scream race war regardless.
Bring back the Concorde

stlgph

Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:29 am

Quoting Pyrex (Reply 19):
This seems to be where he are headed now... seems like I got out on time.

http://nypost.com/2014/12/20/police-turn-their-back-on-de-blasio/

Seeing how disaster and emergencies are my specialties, I got called in to cover this tonight and all I can say is this ...

New York City Mayor & New York City Police?

It's bad, man. Like...*real* bad.
if assumptions could fly, airliners.net would be the world's busiest airport

Kiwirob

Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:56 am

I'm surprised he's not being called a terrorist by the media on account of his religion.

BMI727

Sun Dec 21, 2014 8:10 am

Quoting KiwiRob (Reply 25):

I'm surprised he's not being called a terrorist by the media on account of his religion.

Given the apparent motivations for the killings, I think it is easy to make a case for calling this terrorism, regardless of the religion of the killer. Either way, I haven't seen any jihadist rhetoric attributed to the killer, just hating cops.
Why do Aerospace Engineering students have to turn things in on time?

Dreadnought

Sun Dec 21, 2014 8:40 am

Quoting BMI727 (Reply 26):
Given the apparent motivations for the killings, I think it is easy to make a case for calling this terrorism, regardless of the religion of the killer.

Religion had nothing to do with this. I don't know of anyone who has claimed that it has. This is all about the cop-hatred that has been stirred up over the past few months.

usflyer msp

Sun Dec 21, 2014 8:48 am

Quoting Dreadnought (Reply 27):

Religion had nothing to do with this. I don't know of anyone who has claimed that it has. This is all about the cop-hatred that has been stirred up over the past few months.

BS. I am 100% sure this deranged individual was hating cops a long time before the Michael Brown and Eric Garner incidents...

SOBHI51
Topic Author

Sun Dec 21, 2014 9:05 am

Quoting Superfly (Reply 18):
Angry Black Muslim nationalist militant groups see all police as White.

The black guerrilla family group gang was a Marxist gang and not a religious one.

seb146

Sun Dec 21, 2014 9:06 am

Quoting PSA53 (Reply 5):

I agree.It could be the start of anarchy.The media chose their racist side and need to face the music!

Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson are just short of being called terrorists.Let's see how they handle this one.Will they call for civil rights violations in favor of the officers.Haha.Doubt it.

I heard the beginning of the press conference and I have so much to say. But, first, from just the names of the officers, they were minorities. One Asian and one Latino.

Now, what I need to say:

I do not condone killing at all in any way, shape, or form period.

Keeping that in mind and that I am about to play the most extreme Devil's Advocate:

What were people like that doing in that neighborhood? Why did they have to be wearing those flashy clothes? If they hadn't provoked the shooter, they would be alive. Don't they know that people like them raise suspicion anyway? The shooter was the victim in all of this.

Any of those sound familiar?

Let me be perfectly clear because I know more than one person will completely misunderstand me: I do not condone killing at all. The whole "well, if he is Black/cop, he must be guilty of something, so we need to be violent against him" thing is wrong and stupid.

But, think about it: so much energy has been put into "well, he was Black, so he must be guilty of something" by the media someone was bound to snap. It does not surprise me cops were killed and does not advance the better agenda of getting police to be less of a military and more of a helping unit. And it does not surprise me that people are saying "Jackson and Sharpton will not do anything to support cops!" Well, why should they? Cops are doing very little to support Blacks, other than follow them and make sure they keep their place.

Again: I do not condone murder at all ever for any reason period.

Another thing I find interesting in listening to the news conference: The NYPD conducted an investigation and concluded XYZ happened. All within a few hours. They know all the details and where everything happened and why and it was all wrapped up in a neat little package all within a few hours. Meanwhile, any police who shoot an unarmed (usually Black) person, the investigation takes months and is done by the police and, in the end, the police were well within their rights to kill the unarmed (usually Black) person. Anyone else see something wrong with that picture?
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!

Kiwirob

Sun Dec 21, 2014 9:14 am

Quoting BMI727 (Reply 25):
I think it is easy to make a case for calling this terrorism

nah he's just a cop killer, nothing more, nothing less.

BMI727

Sun Dec 21, 2014 9:44 am

Quoting KiwiRob (Reply 30):
nah he's just a cop killer, nothing more, nothing less.

This isn't a guy with a brick of cocaine in the trunk blasting the cop who pulled him over for speeding. This guy specifically targeted police and set out to kill some for political reasons. That's terrorism.

Quoting seb146 (Reply 29):
Meanwhile, any police who shoot an unarmed (usually Black) person, the investigation takes months and is done by the police and, in the end, the police were well within their rights to kill the unarmed (usually Black) person.

If you recall, many had officer Wilson convicted before anyone knew who he was, of murder no less. And many had declared Mike Brown to be basically a perfect kid, before it came out that he was minutes beyond committing a felony. Nobody waited to start breaking windows.

This case seems to have fewer moving parts in terms of witnesses or physical evidence. If those investigations turn up anything surprising, I'm sure we'll hear about it in roughly the same timeframe.
Why do Aerospace Engineering students have to turn things in on time?

dragon-wings

Sun Dec 21, 2014 11:16 am

Quoting USFlyer MSP (Reply 27):
BS. I am 100% sure this deranged individual was hating cops a long time before the Michael Brown and Eric Garner incidents...

You are probably right, but the Michael Brown and Eric Garner incidents most likely push him over the top to do this. And the protests and people like Al Sharpton didn't help either.
Don't give up don't ever give up - Jim Valvano

Mir

Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:08 pm

Quoting fxramper (Reply 8):
De Blasio won't be invited to either funeral.

Because the police union has the maturity level of teenagers at best.

Quoting fxramper (Reply 8):
God rest the departed souls.

Whatever you think of police brutality, there's absolutely no justification for doing this.

Quoting BMI727 (Reply 31):
This isn't a guy with a brick of cocaine in the trunk blasting the cop who pulled him over for speeding. This guy specifically targeted police and set out to kill some for political reasons. That's terrorism.

No, it's not terrorism - you can't just throw that word around whenever you don't like what someone does. It's just a lunatic with a grudge against police acting on it.

-Mir
7 billion, one nation, imagination...it's a beautiful day

ltbewr

Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:59 pm

To me the murderer of these police officer was mentally/psychologically ill. That he then killed himself shortly after his acts of murder further suggests that. The killer knew this was going to get massive local and national publicity, especially in the current context of the terrible relationship of police and persons of dark skin. He murderer also knew, like too many of those who commit political, mass/multiple victim murder that it would get a lot of medial attention and a lot of perverse glory for him after he died.

Also disturbing to me is the behaviors of some police officers and their union officials who have shown disrespect to the Mayor, their boss. In large part that is due to orders by the Mayor to end the far too often racially profiled use of 'stop and frisk' by NYPD which deeply offended far too many Black men. Many cops and their union leaders are also angry with years without raises in pay and having to pay more toward their benefits. Mayor DiBlasio is the Mayor of all New Yorkers not just for the police and made decisions in the best interests of all in his city, to reduce the use of a practice that causes the hostility toward the police that in part leads to murders like this.

These 2 police officers were murdered in cold blood. The last time a NYPD officer was killed on duty was about 3 years ago with an armed robber. The murdered cops were on an assigned duty to try to reduce crime at a housing project to try to make things a little safer for their largely non-white and poor residents. I expect 2 huge funerals with 1000's of police officers in uniform attending them. I just hope they act with dignity and respect to their fallen comrades and not use their deaths for personal political reasons.

Dreadnought

Sun Dec 21, 2014 2:42 pm

Quoting ltbewr (Reply 34):
Also disturbing to me is the behaviors of some police officers and their union officials who have shown disrespect to the Mayor, their boss.

The Mayor showed great disrespect to the police over the past few weeks. I am very proud of the police union for standing up to this a-hole and showing him that his actions have consequences.

In large part that is due to orders by the Mayor to end the far too often racially profiled use of 'stop and frisk' by NYPD which deeply offended far too many Black men.

Garner's death can also be directly related to the Mayor's orders to strictly enforce the ban on "loosies" sales (sales of loose - generally tax-unpaid or out of state - cigarettes) because loosies represent a loss to city tax revenue. The cops have repeatedly claimed that they have no interest in enforcing this truly victimless "crime", but they were under orders.

Mike89406

Sun Dec 21, 2014 2:47 pm

I feel that this will become the norm and the sensitivity between the cops and protestors will only fuel incidents like this. It also doesn't help that the media has been fueling a hate war against cops along with Sharpton and his cronies chanting death to the police during the protests rallies. Social media like Twitter spurns a lot of hate towards the cops in general even with this shooting which proves how divided our country has become.

There was an shooting in San Diego a while ago that closely resembles the NYPD shooting.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...hild-McDonalds-meal-shot-dead.html

FlyPNS1

Sun Dec 21, 2014 3:03 pm

Quoting Dreadnought (Reply 35):
I am very proud of the police union for standing up to this a-hole and showing him that his actions have consequences.

Oh, please. You pretend to support those cops now, but you'd stab them in the back tomorrow if it gets you a tax cut. The irony of conservatives beating their chests about how they support cops, but then turning around and complaining about the evils of government and taxes.

Quoting Dreadnought (Reply 35):
The cops have repeatedly claimed that they have no interest in enforcing this truly victimless "crime", but they were under orders.

So you think it's fine to sell drugs to children? That's where many of these loosies are going. The Garner case has nothing to do with taxes and everything to do with cops that have lost any sense of how to control themselves when dealing with civilians.

OA260

Sun Dec 21, 2014 3:24 pm

Sky News says another one has been shot in Florida !

mbmbos

Sun Dec 21, 2014 3:25 pm

How is this connected to the race war?

Here's a quote I read on Twitter from a journalist:

"Weird how the same folks who claim protest rhetoric caused police killings are now using incredibly overheated rhetoric to blame protesters."
"If I don't manage to fly, someone else will. The spirit wants only for there to be flying. As for who happens to do it, in that he has only a passing interest."
- R.M. Rilke

A320ajm

Sun Dec 21, 2014 3:29 pm

http://news.sky.com/story/1395779/po...officer-shot-and-killed-in-florida

Sky News Breaking: Another Police Officer killed in Florida.

I'm waiting for all those righteous and moral people who protested to start again but this time for the rights of innocent police officers brutally murdered. Oh wait.

Condolences to the families and friends of all these officers.

A320ajm
If the British Empire and its Commonwealth last for a thousand years, men will still say, 'This was their finest hour.'

Dreadnought

Sun Dec 21, 2014 3:38 pm

Quoting FlyPNS1 (Reply 37):
Oh, please. You pretend to support those cops now, but you'd stab them in the back tomorrow if it gets you a tax cut. The irony of conservatives beating their chests about how they support cops, but then turning around and complaining about the evils of government and taxes.

Stop being so delusional. 1) Police is a local responsibility, not federal - it is federal spending we have an issue with. Local government tends to try to live within their means, because a) residents can choose to leave if taxes are too high, and b) they can't simply print money. This is why conservatives like the idea of maximizing state and local responsibility for government and minimizing it at the federal level. 2) We like the rule of law. Police, fire departments and such services are among the most fundamental services for which we need government, unlike, let's say, a federal education bureau (especially when since its inception it has had a negative effect on education).

Quoting FlyPNS1 (Reply 37):
So you think it's fine to sell drugs to children? That's where many of these loosies are going.

I call BS on that. 1) Do you have any evidence that Garner was selling to children? 2) The state of NY charges $4.35 per pack, and the city charges another $1.60 per pack. Virginia (a big tobacco-producing state, BTW) only charges $0.30 per pack. Closer to NYC PA and DE both charge $1.60. Of course that leads to massive smuggling, mainly not to children, but to adults who don't want to pay an extra $50 per carton. High excise taxes lead to big smuggling problems - that has been a constant truism for hundreds of years.

Dreadnought

Sun Dec 21, 2014 3:50 pm

Quoting mbmbos (Reply 39):
How is this connected to the race war?
Quoting mbmbos (Reply 39):
"Weird how the same folks who claim protest rhetoric caused police killings are now using incredibly overheated rhetoric to blame protesters."

I agree my use of the term "race war" was overinflammatory, in the sense that we are not in one. My apologies. However I stand by my conviction that a race war is exactly what the likes of Sharpton want, and that if it were not for all this super-heated anti-police rhetoric, these officers would still be alive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dj4ARsxrZh8

"What do we want? Dead cops! When do we want it? Now!". That sort of incitement is just about guaranteed to convince the odd asshole to go ahead and do it.

I do not doubt that many (if not most) of the protesters wanted to peacefully express their anger without inciting anyone to violence. But if you are in such a protest, and you hear someone try to get the crowd to chant shit like that, or start pulling out hammers and masks to start looting and burning, you have 3 choices:

1) Leave - refuse to participate any longer.
2) Beat the shit out of those who are trying to use your peaceful demonstration to cause trouble.
3) Do nothing and just stand around - in which case you are morally condoning what's going on.

pvjin

Sun Dec 21, 2014 4:04 pm

I hope US police forces will take whatever measures needed to protect good, law abiding citizen from bunch of criminal ghetto losers. This whole hate campaign towards American police forces is nothing but a racist attempt to defend criminals who happen to have a certain ethnic and genetic background.

The only "race war" is between black supremacists and everyone else.
"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that." - Martin Luther King Jr

FlyPNS1

Sun Dec 21, 2014 4:11 pm

Quoting Dreadnought (Reply 41):
1) Police is a local responsibility, not federal - it is federal spending we have an issue with. Local government tends to try to live within their means, because a) residents can choose to leave if taxes are too high, and b) they can't simply print money. This is why conservatives like the idea of maximizing state and local responsibility for government and minimizing it at the federal level.

Hardly. Lots of conservatives rant about local government spending and police pensions/overtime costs. Conservatives are no friend of the police, they just pretend to be when it's politically convenient.

1) Do you have any evidence that Garner was selling to children?

Do you have any evidence he wasn't? No and that's the problem. We don't know who he is selling to hence the crime isn't necessarily so "victimless" as you claim. You also don't know where some of his profits are eventually trickling back up to...organized crime, gangs, etc.

High excise taxes lead to big smuggling problems - that has been a constant truism for hundreds of years.

Sorry, but the most massive smuggling/trafficking rings revolve around illegal drugs (not taxed at all), prostitutes (not taxed at all) and guns (taxed minimally). Taxes aren't the problem in any of these areas.

windy95

Sun Dec 21, 2014 5:08 pm

Disgusting behavior that hopegully will not go unpunished.

The perpetrator killed himself after committing the crime. Not sure how you punish a corpse..

Talking about Sharpton and the media and their beating the war drums against the police that may have helped push this guy over the edge. Obama,Holder and Sharpton are all guilty of inflamming this situation and it was only a metter of time before something like this would happen.

Kiwirob

Sun Dec 21, 2014 5:52 pm

Quoting BMI727 (Reply 31):

This, Mir hi the nail on the head.

Quoting Mir (Reply 33):
No, it's not terrorism - you can't just throw that word around whenever you don't like what someone does. It's just a lunatic with a grudge against police acting on it.
Quoting A320ajm (Reply 40):
I'm waiting for all those righteous and moral people who protested to start again but this time for the rights of innocent police officers brutally murdered. Oh wait.

I don't see a cop being killed in the line of duty in the US as much different from a soldier being killed in action, both knew the risks when they signed up. The US is full of guns, it has lousy gun control laws, so a cop must expect that during his/her career there is a chance that they may be shot and killed on duty. It's sucks for the cop and their family but they should be realistic about the risks in the environment they choose to be a cop in.

PSA53

Sun Dec 21, 2014 6:31 pm

Sadly,another officer has been shot and killed in Florida.

http://news.yahoo.com/florida-police...led-suspect-custody-155058593.html
Tuesday's Off! Do not disturb.

Pyrex

Sun Dec 21, 2014 6:34 pm

To me the murderer of these police officer was mentally/psychologically ill. That he then killed himself shortly after his acts of murder further suggests that. The killer knew this was going to get massive local and national publicity, especially in the current context of the terrible relationship of police and persons of dark skin. He murderer also knew, like too many of those who commit political, mass/multiple victim murder that it would get a lot of medial attention and a lot of perverse glory for him after he died.

Let's face it, after what he did there was no way he was getting out of that subway station alive, one way or another.

Also disturbing to me is the behaviors of some police officers and their union officials who have shown disrespect to the Mayor, their boss.

Respect is something you earn, not something you should be immediately expected to have as a function of your position.

These 2 police officers were murdered in cold blood. The last time a NYPD officer was killed on duty was about 3 years ago with an armed robber.

Not true, that was the last time one NYPD officer was shot and killed - a couple of years ago there was one that was thrown off a staircase and died.
Read this very carefully, I shall write this only once!

727LOVER

Sun Dec 21, 2014 6:41 pm

Quoting PSA53 (Reply 50):
Sadly,another officer has been shot and killed in Florida.

But as of now, we don't know the details, so lets not jump to conclusions. This is in my area, so I may may have some later.
"We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope." - Martin Luther King, Jr.