Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Mortyman
Topic Author

Israel Halt Transfer Of Tax Revenues To Palestine

Sat Jan 03, 2015 10:16 pm

Israel to halt transfer of tax revenues to Palestinians following ICC bid

Israel plans to hold more than $127m collected on behalf of the Palestinians for the month of December; Erekat: Freezing tax revenues 'a war crime.'

Israel has decided to freeze the transfer of half a billion shekels (more than $127 million) in tax revenues collected on behalf of the Palestinians following the Palestinians' recent attempts to join the International Criminal Court, an Israeli official has told Haaretz.

http://www.haaretz.com/news/diplomacy-defense/.premium-1.635144

Happy New year, indeed ...

photopilot

RE: Israel Halt Transfer Of Tax Revenues To Palestine

Sat Jan 03, 2015 10:55 pm

There's more here in the WSJ.
http://www.wsj.com/articles/israel-w...alestinian-tax-revenues-1420312156

I guess Israel isn't happy enough with stealing the Palestinian's lands, now they're stealing their money. Have the Jews no shame?

flyguy89

Sat Jan 03, 2015 11:34 pm

Quoting photopilot (Reply 1):
Have the Jews no shame?

Don't you mean, 'have the Israelis no shame?'.

flyingturtle

Sat Jan 03, 2015 11:55 pm

Quoting flyguy89 (Reply 2):

When Palestine seeks ICC or UN membership, nobody will get killed. But to the Israeli government, seeking statehood must be akin to terrorism. 

The descendants of those who screamed "We want a state!" in the 1940ies now forbid the same request to others. The entire world should have drawn a big, red line back then.

David
Reading accident reports is what calms me down

zckls04

Sun Jan 04, 2015 2:20 am

I guess Israel isn't happy enough with stealing the Palestinian's lands, now they're stealing their money. Have the Jews no shame?

Moral high ground....lost!

Good work- one post in.
Four Granavox Turbines!

photopilot

Sun Jan 04, 2015 2:26 am

Have the Jews no shame?
Quoting flyguy89 (Reply 2):

NO, I mean exactly what I wrote. The Jews have no shame. After all, isn't the Israeli Gov't moving closer and closer to actually defining themselves as a "Jewish State".
http://www.thenational.ae/world/midd...s-closer-to-declaring-jewish-state

So let's see... a country that is going to declare itself a "jewish state" and I'm not allowed to call them jews. Hmmmmm, kinda a contradiction here, eh what?

flyguy89

Sun Jan 04, 2015 2:41 am

Quoting photopilot (Reply 5):
NO, I mean exactly what I wrote.

Classy  
So let's see... a country that is going to declare itself a "jewish state" and I'm not allowed to call them jews.

Not in the context you were using. No matter how Israel defines itself, not all "Jews" are citizens of Israel or would-be citizens of any "Jewish state". Are all of the Jews is the world collectively taking this particular action you protest, no. Using your logic, it's OK to call all black people in the world "African Americans".

TheCommodore

Sun Jan 04, 2015 3:03 am

Quoting Mortyman (Thread starter):

They threatened to do this, and as usual, Israel has lived up to its word.

Israeli's, around the world should outraged and protest at this latest move by Nethayanu and his Government, their Government.

What is Israel so possibly scared of ?

Why should it matter to Israel if Palestine becomes a state, wouldn't that be good, for both countries ?

Quoting flyingturtle (Reply 3):
"We want a state!"

Yeah. !

Not to many people listened at the time

And now they want a "Jewish State"..... presumably only for Jews, although they'd try and have you believe otherwise !

After all, isn't the Israeli Gov't moving closer and closer to actually defining themselves as a "Jewish State".

Well yes, that is a rather important point.

"Jews" are moving to Israel in record numbers, or so I read.

https://www.middleeastmonitor.com/news/middle-east/16118-record-number-of-jewish-immigrants-moved-to-israel-in-2014

Quoting flyguy89 (Reply 6):
Classy

And how is Israel acting.... in the same way ?

Whats your opinion, i'd like to here it ?

[Edited 2015-01-03 19:03:35]
“At first, they'll only dislike what you say, but the more correct you start sounding the more they'll dislike you.”

flyguy89

Sun Jan 04, 2015 3:18 am

Quoting TheCommodore (Reply 7):
Classy

I don't care, but however they're acting doesn't excuse conflating the actions of the government of Israel with an entire race/religion.

I can't see how that would be relevant and I really don't care to share it.

Dreadnought

Sun Jan 04, 2015 3:22 am

So let's see... a country that is going to declare itself a "jewish state" and I'm not allowed to call them jews. Hmmmmm, kinda a contradiction here, eh what?

Because they aren't all Jews? 25% of Israel's population is not Jewish. The rest are Muslim or Christian (or other).

But no worries - we are more than used to some people blaming all the world's problems on "the Jews".
Democrats haven't been this angry since we took away their slaves.

TheCommodore

Sun Jan 04, 2015 3:31 am

Quoting flyguy89 (Reply 8):
I don't care, but however they're acting doesn't excuse conflating the actions of the government of Israel with an entire race/religion.

I do.

Time after time, in these threads, we hear from people like you. Trying to make little points, here and there, but failing to address the issue of why Israel and the people who live there do what it dose.

Because, this thread is about Israel withholding Palestinian money isnt it ?

You entered it, and presumably with something else to say on the topic other than a little point scoring ?

Are all of the Jews is the world collectively taking this particular action you protest, no.

Who knows what they all think.

All I see, time and time again, are the one who live in Israel presumably must approve, because Bibi has been in power several time snow, so he's doi9ng something right and that the people of Israel like too, they voted him in.

I dont see or HEAR to many Israels protesting his action or should I say, their actions, towards the Palestinian people.

Quoting Dreadnought (Reply 9):
Because they aren't all Jews? 25% of Israel's population is not Jewish. The rest are Muslim or Christian (or other).

At the moment, maybe

But that's a changing real quick, and they know it !
“At first, they'll only dislike what you say, but the more correct you start sounding the more they'll dislike you.”

photopilot

Sun Jan 04, 2015 3:35 am

the actions of the government of Israel with an entire race/religion.

So, how many members of the Israeli Gov't are not Jewish? Even one?

flyguy89

Sun Jan 04, 2015 3:40 am

Quoting TheCommodore (Reply 10):
Trying to make little points

I really wouldn't call racism a little point.

I dont see or HEAR to many Israels protesting his action or should I say, their actions, towards the Palestinian people.

I don't hear many Muslims protesting radical Islam, but that doesn't mean I'm going to go around scouring about "those Muslims".

Quoting photopilot (Reply 11):
the actions of the government of Israel with an entire race/religion.

Doesn't make your assertion logically correct. Are all the Jews in the world members of the Israeli government? I find it shocking I have to even explain this.

WestJet747

Sun Jan 04, 2015 4:06 am

Israel has decided to freeze the transfer of half a billion shekels (more than $127 million) in tax revenues collected on behalf of the Palestinians following the Palestinians' recent attempts to join the International Criminal Court, an Israeli official has told Haaretz.

The word "tyranny" comes to mind.

NO, I mean exactly what I wrote. The Jews have no shame. After all, isn't the Israeli Gov't moving closer and closer to actually defining themselves as a "Jewish State".
http://www.thenational.ae/world/midd...s-closer-to-declaring-jewish-state

So let's see... a country that is going to declare itself a "jewish state" and I'm not allowed to call them jews.

You probably should have thought about this a little deeper before going down this line of reasoning...

Consider this for a moment: You'll recall that the "Islamic State" is a thing...does that mean the rest of us can say "those Muslims have no shame"?
Flying refined.

TheCommodore

Sun Jan 04, 2015 4:19 am

Quoting flyguy89 (Reply 12):
I really wouldn't call racism a little point.

Whatever you want to call it, "Big or little" its a side issue, and has no relevance with what the thread is about.

I don't hear many Muslims protesting radical Islam, but that doesn't mean I'm going to go around scouring about "those Muslims".

Well it dose happen. Maybe you dont read these news sources ?

http://www.voanews.com/content/frenc...tests-militant-islam-/2463985.html

But, please stay on topic.

This thread is about Israel, not Muslims or Christians or radical this or that !

Now.... what was your opinion on this THREAD, if one can ask ?

DeltaMD90

Sun Jan 04, 2015 4:26 am

Have the Jews no shame?

Wow, seriously?

Even if that is true, it follows the logic of all Muslims being terrorists or all Germans being Nazi.

What the Israeli government is doing isn't a Jewish opinion, even if everyone making that decision are Jews

Alias1024

Sun Jan 04, 2015 5:04 am

Last number I saw included a dozen Israeli Arabs in the Knesset, a Supreme Court Justice, and a couple ambassadors (to Norway and the Dominican Republic), to say nothing of high ranking military officials.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems with just potatoes.

sbworcs

Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:24 am

Whilst I whole heartedly condemn the actions of the Israeli government and believe the Palestinians should have a state I also think that labelling an entire religion based on the actions of a government is wrong. This works both ways mind you snd that labelling all Palestinians as terrorist based on the actions of their government is equally as wrong.
The best way forwards is upwards!

pvjin

Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:40 am

Yes, thank God we have all those good people of ISIS, Taliban and Hamas defending freedom, human rights and democracy in Middle East.
"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that." - Martin Luther King Jr

EL-AL

Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:40 am

74,000 dead in Syria and 15,000 dead in Iraq on 2014 alone when muslims kill muslims but.... those damn jews again!  http://www.france24.com/en/20150101-...th-tolls-2014-islamic-state-assad/

[

[Edited 2015-01-04 02:42:23]
every day is a good day to fly

Aesma

Sun Jan 04, 2015 5:11 pm

Israel likes to justify its existence with things written millenia ago. Their current actions will be remembered for millenia, too.
New Technology is the name we give to stuff that doesn't work yet. Douglas Adams

pvjin

Sun Jan 04, 2015 5:17 pm

Quoting Aesma (Reply 20):
Israel likes to justify its existence with things written millenia ago. Their current actions will be remembered for millenia, too.

Their current actions are nothing compared to what is happening all around Islamic world all the time.
"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that." - Martin Luther King Jr

Kiwirob

Sun Jan 04, 2015 6:48 pm

Quoting EL-AL (Reply 19):
74,000 dead in Syria and 15,000 dead in Iraq on 2014 alone when muslims kill muslims but.... those damn jews again!

What's this got to do with the problem at hand?

flyguy89

Sun Jan 04, 2015 8:46 pm

Quoting TheCommodore (Reply 14):
and has no relevance with what the thread is about.

It does if you want to have a civilized discussion.

Well it dose happen. Maybe you dont read these news sources ?

I'm sure it does unfortunately, just as happens acts of antisemitism. It doesn't make either excusable. This is kindergarten stuff. It's interesting that I have to go this far in explaining this to some members whom I'm almost certain would jump down our throats if anyone had said the same thing but replaced 'Jews' with 'Muslims'.

pvjin

Sun Jan 04, 2015 8:55 pm

Quoting KiwiRob (Reply 22):
What's this got to do with the problem at hand?

I think it just tells how people have accepted the fact that Middle Eastern Muslims aren't capable of forming stable, peaceful and democratic nations.Israeli Jews on the other hand are still seen as somewhat civilized people, thus people demand more democracy and tolerance from them than they demand from Middle Eastern Muslims.

So if you want to oppress people with different opinions, sexuality and religion just convert to Islam and move to Middle East, nobody will really mind as it's seen as part of your culture.

Personally I oppose this approach, I think people should be judged the same no matter what their religion is.

TheCommodore

Sun Jan 04, 2015 9:19 pm

Well......Are you going to tell us you opinion of Israel withholding Palestinian money ?

Remember what this thread is about ?

Quoting flyguy89 (Reply 23):
It does if you want to have a civilized discussion.

Ok... so then, let talk of things "civilized" Israel I guess. Are they acting in a "civilized" way ?

Israels actions with regards to withholding Palestinian money, (which is not theirs to withhold) is far from being what you could call "civilized" action. In fact its simply called theft.

Quoting DeltaMD90 (Reply 15):
What the Israeli government is doing isn't a Jewish opinion, even if everyone making that decision are Jews

Well what is it then in your opinion. If it is only "Jews" within Israel making the decision to withhold the money, id call it a Jewish, opinion, as nobody else has been involved in the "decision" except "Jews".
They might be Israeli Jews, but their still "Jews". No ?

Quoting sbworcs (Reply 17):
This works both ways mind you snd that labelling all Palestinians as terrorist based on the actions of their government is equally as wrong.

Yes, someone should Tell that to Israel next time they carpet bomb Gaza, where apparently everyone is part of Hamas or something else !

Quoting EL-AL (Reply 19):
74,000 dead in Syria and 15,000 dead in Iraq on 2014 alone when muslims kill muslims but.... those damn jews again!

Ok ,now we know how many are dead in Syria and Iraq, But whats your opinion about the thread....?

Israel withholding Palestinian money....?

Quoting flyguy89 (Reply 23):
This is kindergarten stuff

I'd suggest Israel isn't making it any easier for themselves with these sort of continued actions, time and time again provocative actions. Why ?

[Edited 2015-01-04 13:25:34]

flyguy89

Sun Jan 04, 2015 9:36 pm

Quoting TheCommodore (Reply 25):
Ok... so then, let talk of things "civilized" Israel I guess. Are they acting in a "civilized" way ?

Israels actions with regards to withholding Palestinian money, (which is not theirs to withhold) is far from being what you could call "civilized" action. In fact its simply called theft.

Deflecting, deflecting, deflecting. If you're so anxious to discuss the topic at hand, quit making excuses for racist comments/thinking and move on. If you can't keep the dialogue civilized, then you're going to have a difficult at any meaningful discussion on the topic.

Well what is it then in your opinion. If it is only "Jews" within Israel making the decision to withhold the money, id call it a Jewish, opinion, as nobody else has been involved in the "decision" except "Jews".
They might be Israeli Jews, but their still "Jews". No ?

So would you then think it's OK to accost a pair of orthodox Jews walking down the street in Australia with, "Have you Jews no shame?"

[Edited 2015-01-04 13:37:37]

TheCommodore

Sun Jan 04, 2015 9:50 pm

Quoting flyguy89 (Reply 26):
Deflecting, deflecting, deflecting.

Mate. Im not the one "deflecting" anything, nor am I making excuses.

Ive asked you no less then 4 times for your opinion on this thread.

I will remind you......in case you've forgotten !

Classy

And you replyed with this ......

I do.

Time after time, in these threads, we hear from people like you. Trying to make little points, here and there, but failing to address the issue of why Israel and the people who live there do what it dose.
Well......Are you going to tell us you opinion of Israel withholding Palestinian money ?

Remember what this thread is about ?

Again... Are you going to tell us ALL what you opinion on this thread is about.

If you're so anxious to discuss the topic at hand,

No. im anxious to disuses the topic that THIS THREAD IS ABOUT.... GET IT !

So would you then think it's OK to accost a pair of orthodox Jews walking down the street in Australia with, "Have you Jews no shame?"

Ive got NO bloody idea what the hell are you talking about ?

What your opinion on Israel withholding Palestine money ????

Please tell us all, although I bet we can all guess ??   

flyguy89

Sun Jan 04, 2015 9:58 pm

Quoting TheCommodore (Reply 27):
Again... Are you going to tell us ALL what you opinion on this thread is about.

Is it going to be a respectful, civilized discussion? Thus far it hasn't been.

If you're so anxious to discuss the topic at hand,

No. im anxious to disuses the topic that THIS THREAD IS ABOUT.... GET IT !

Right, so dispense with the racist comments/thinking and move on.

Ive got NO bloody idea what the hell are you talking about ?

Well, as you said, what the Israelis are doing to the Palestinians regarding transfer payments is a Jewish opinion...so do you think it's OK accost any Jew you might see on the street about it? Is it then OK to accost Muslims about their mistreatment of women and gays...since after all, using your logic, it's a Muslim opinion and, have Muslims no shame!?

TheCommodore

Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:15 pm

Quoting flyguy89 (Reply 28):
Thus far it hasn't been.

Make it so then, and start discussing the topic, ok ?

Now back to topic....

What do you think of Israel withholding Palestinian money ?

Quoting flyguy89 (Reply 28):

Well, as you said,

See, in your hast to discredit and "deflect", you have lost track

i never said anything of the sort, some else did.

Now, again. What do you think about Israel withholding Palestinian money ?

Dreadnought

Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:28 pm

Wait a sec, don't you mean The Jews are withholding the money?

By the way, after 10+ years, why haven't the Palestinian Authority figured out how to collect taxes on their own?
Democrats haven't been this angry since we took away their slaves.

TheCommodore

Mon Jan 05, 2015 12:24 am

Quoting Dreadnought (Reply 30):
Wait a sec, don't you mean The Jews are withholding the money?

Whatever, whoever....I dont really care. that is not the issue at hand

Im actually here to discuss, wait for it, what the thread is actually about.

"Israel Halt Transfer Of Tax Revenues To Palestine"

So....

Are you going to give us your opinion, or are you just another stirrer like flyguy89 ?

By the way, after 10+ years, why haven't the Palestinian Authority figured out how to collect taxes on their own?

You really need to educate yourself Dreadnought

Quite simply, because Israel controls the land where the taxes are paid, that's why !

I would have thought that you, of all people should have known that FACT.

Little wonder Israel doesn't want to give the Palestinian statehood, then they'd' have to relinquish control of the taxes, there by losing control of the Palestinians

[Edited 2015-01-04 16:45:13]

n229nw

Mon Jan 05, 2015 9:17 am

Have the Jews no shame?

Seriously?! Besides this being patently antisemitic (and utterly moronic as a claim), it also hurts your own argument by fueling rightwing paranoia that anyone who criticizes Israel actually hates the Jews.

Then one has to repeat: just because there are antisemites who criticize Israel doesn't mean that criticizing Israel is antisemitic.
All Glory to the Hypnotoad!

Kiwirob

Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:28 am

Quoting n229nw (Reply 32):
doesn't mean that criticizing Israel is antisemitic.

You might want to tell a few poeople who post here that and inform the PM, because they all disagree with you.

elal 744

Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:59 am

The horrible and dastardly Israelis are going to withhold money from the Palestinians after they decided to take actions that they knew would provoke a reaction from the Israelis. This had been discussed numerous times and the Palestinians knew exactly what they were doing. It is a dance for public consumption.

The Palestinian authority will do what it always does – scream and shout oppression in the news while quietly taking a loan against the money that will quietly be restored in a few weeks because the US will pressure Israel to do so – as it has happed 2 or 3 times before. It is a show for the upcoming elections in Israel and another way for the Palestinian Authority to demonize Israel.

What really scares the Palestinians is if Israel used the confiscated money to pay off some of the debts that Palestinian Authority has in Israel – for medical treatment of its citizens in Israeli hospitals, electricity bought from the Israeli grid that was never paid for etc.

To my friend the Commodore – Please, for the love of God, proofread your posts. Any positive ideas you raise are lost in confusing “hear” with “here” and lead me to believe that you are challenged by spelling, how are you going to pick up on the delicate nuances of International Diplomacy.
Vercere bracis meis

flyingturtle

Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:37 pm

Quoting elal 744 (Reply 34):
The horrible and dastardly Israelis are going to withhold money from the Palestinians after they decided to take actions that they knew would provoke a reaction from the Israelis. This had been discussed numerous times and the Palestinians knew exactly what they were doing. It is a dance for public consumption.

What are the Palestinians doing?

a) Throw bombs, fire rockets, assasinations, causing loss of lives.
b) Send diplomats and seek membership in a civilian organization, causing no loss of lives.

if they chose a) : Sanction the Palestinians because it's wrong what they do.
if they chose b) : Sanction the Palestinians because it's wrong what they do.

What should be Palestinians do?

if b) is not possible, revert to a).

It's is so abso-fucking simple.

So - what do you want the Palestinians to do? Behaving civil, enter negotiations, send diplomats to improve the state of their country?

Or... something... else?

The behaviour of the Israeli government tells me that everything the Palestinians are doing, they're doomed. They're treating Palestinians like childrens, herding them like animals, but certainly not treating them in a civilized way.

David

TheCommodore

Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:09 pm

Quoting TheCommodore (Reply 31):
So....

Are you going to give us your opinion, or are you just another stirrer like flyguy89 ?

Waiting ..... 8 hours now !

The horrible and dastardly Israelis are going to withhold money from the Palestinians after they decided to take actions that they knew would provoke a reaction from the Israelis.

So just because the Palestinians seek actions outside that from only Israel... big deal

What give Israel the right to withhold the money ?

It is a show for the upcoming elections in Israel and another way for the Palestinian Authority to demonize Israel.

WTF...

Israel is doing this completely by themselves, as can be seen with this latest bully tactics !

To my friend the Commodore

Oh I see, personal attacks..... Yawn..... Pathetic..... when all else fails, turn to personal attacks.

What was your argument again ?

Any positive ideas you raise are lost in confusing “hear” with “here” and lead me to believe that you are challenged by spelling, how are you going to pick up on the delicate nuances of International Diplomacy.

Gee, did I tread on your toes or something ?

flyguy89

Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:26 pm

Quoting TheCommodore (Reply 36):
Quoting TheCommodore (Reply 31):
So....

Waiting ..... 8 hours now !

This is a public forum, we can say (or not say) what we'd like. Move on or ignore us if you don't like what or what we're not saying.

TheCommodore

Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:36 pm

Quoting flyguy89 (Reply 37):
This is a public forum, we can say (or not say) what we'd like.

who'd have thought it was a "public forum" Id never had guessed.

This thread is about....

"Israel Halt Transfer Of Tax Revenues To Palestine"

Is it unreasonable to expect posters to address the actual issue. Even just once....I don't think so !

[Edited 2015-01-05 15:49:54]

flyingturtle

Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:46 pm

Quoting flyguy89 (Reply 37):
This is a public forum, we can say (or not say) what we'd like.

Not really. This forum is provided to us by airliners.net, and we have to adhere to their rules. In regard to my or your free speech, airliners.net has absolutely no responsibilities. It is the government that must not interfere with your speech.

It seems that Israel is like a false god, an altar which the Israel fans preach to. To say that their country does something wrong is like offending their god and their beliefs. The Palestinians can't do anything right, they say, but at the same time they do not give a reason for that stance that permeates each and every of their postings.

David

bennett123

Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:15 am

What is the Government of Israel doing with these funds.

My understanding is that this money belongs to either the Palestinian Authority or individual Palestinians, not to Israel.

photopilot

Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:19 am

Quoting flyingturtle (Reply 35):
The behaviour of the Israeli government tells me that everything the Palestinians are doing, they're doomed. They're treating Palestinians like childrens, herding them like animals, but certainly not treating them in a civilized way.

It will sure be interesting if/when the first ICC case charged by the Palestinians comes to trial. It might take a while, but sooner or later it will likely come to pass. Then watch out........

flyingturtle

Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:03 pm

Quoting photopilot (Reply 41):
It will sure be interesting if/when the first ICC case charged by the Palestinians comes to trial. It might take a while, but sooner or later it will likely come to pass. Then watch out........

Yes, that will be interesting. Violence against civilians during war is justified as long as these damages are "proportional". During all the bombings and shellings, the IDF was not able to suppress Hamas violence - especially in the long term - and because there was no tangible military result of the IDF actions, one can very well deem the civilian casualties as not proportional.

I don't know how the ICC determines it's responsability. I think every ICC member state must detain people if they happen to be on the soil of a member state. And a Palestinian ICC membership gives the government in Ramallah the capability to indict Hamas members for crimes against humanity. This can come in really handy. I remember a news report saying that Hamas members are willing to stand trial in The Hague if IDF personnel would do the same.

David

sfbdude

Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:21 pm

Quoting Dreadnought (Reply 9):

But no worries - we are more than used to some people blaming all the world's problems on "the jews

Except I doubt these decisions being made are made by Muslims, Christians, or other non Jewish geoups. The people behind these rulings are in fact Jews..

SOBHI51

Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:55 pm

Have the Jews no shame?

I have to disagree with you on this. While Muslims are requesting not to be stereotyped as being all ISIS the same rule should be applied for Zionists and Jews

Quoting pvjin (Reply 18):
Yes, thank God we have all those good people of ISIS, Taliban and Hamas defending freedom, human rights and democracy in Middle East.

A lot of others do.

Quoting pvjin (Reply 18):
Quoting pvjin (Reply 21):
Their current actions are nothing compared to what is happening all around Islamic world all the time.

Still that does not give the Israeli government the right to steal.

Quoting pvjin (Reply 24):
Israeli Jews on the other hand are still seen as somewhat civilized people

Somewhat? i thought they were perfect. Maybe because there are some non Jewish Israeli's you keep forgetting.

Quoting pvjin (Reply 24):
Middle Eastern Muslims.

Arab countries in the ME do include non Muslims, just a reminder

The horrible and dastardly Israelis are going to withhold money from the Palestinians after they decided to take actions that they knew would provoke a reaction from the Israelis

If Israel wanted a peaceful solution to the conflict, i don't see what's wrong with going to the UN to present there case and ask for a fast solution, this conflict has lasted a long time, and if it keeps going on and on in few years Israel would have finished confiscating all the land and build new settlements and welcoming more settlers.

The Palestinian authority will do what it always does – scream and shout oppression in the news while quietly taking a loan against the money that will quietly be restored in a few weeks because the US will pressure Israel to do so – as it has happed 2 or 3 times before. It is a show for the upcoming elections in Israel and another way for the Palestinian Authority to demonize Israel.

So if the Israeli governement knows that, why do it in the first place?

Quoting flyingturtle (Reply 35):

I am against any terrorist acts committed under the name of Islam

flyingturtle

Tue Jan 06, 2015 1:18 pm

Quoting SFBdude (Reply 43):
The people behind these rulings are in fact Jews..

...with the exception of perhaps two or three Arab Knesset members, who surely voted against the "Jewishness" bill...

David