Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

kl838
Topic Author

Bose QC25 Vs B&W P7

Sun Jan 04, 2015 6:09 am

As someone who travels quite frequently, I invested in the Bose QC15 when it was first released around 5 or so years ago. Yet, I have grown tired of poor build quality, such as constantly replacing ear cups and the peeling headband. Bose did not even cover the headband under my warranty, but I let it slide because the headphones did work very well. Now the cord has given me issues, and I don't get any sound from the right cup. So it got me thinking, that I might just get a new set of headphones. Yet based on my poor experiences with multiple Bose products I decided I wouldn't purchase one ever again, but they are the best in business for noise cancellation. So I was thinking of either investing in a pair of QC25 headphones, which is the latest pair and would like some feedback from anyone who has bought one.

Due to the horrible quality and cheap looking plastic, I have been considering the very beautiful B&W P7, even though its not an active noise cancelling device. I have the Zeppelin Air and it is amazing and the build quality makes Bose products look like plastic toys to be honest. The only thing holding me back is the lack of active noise cancellation, I fear I might have been spoiled by Bose to having a near silent cabin when in the sky.

So the newer and better QC25 or the beautiful and better sounding P7?

crazyfoo88

RE: Bose QC25 Vs B&W P7

Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:34 am

Honestly for travelling I prefer the QC20s to the P7s or QC25s. If you want good overall cans, check out the Sennheiser Momentum Over Ear. Those are the best sounding ones Ive used under 400.
crazyfoo88

kl838
Topic Author

RE: Bose QC25 Vs B&W P7

Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:37 pm

I tried the Sennheiser, but wasn't impressed with the device overall. I actually managed to narrow it down between the B&W P7 and the new B&O Beoplay H6. I already ordered the P7 after spending over half an hour in John Lewis, but went back today to try the B&O because I just realised they are the same price. Unfortunately there were no display pieces and there is no way I am dropping over £300 for headphones I didn't listen to. So ended up getting the P7s after a lengthy deliberation and much research, and I am impressed with it.

I tried the QC25 and honestly there wasn't much of a noticeable difference between the QC15, but I just feel like they are milking consumers to consistently change their ear cups at £30. I replaced this pair about 2 years ago, and they are already peeling and splitting, it is absolutely ridiculous. Just disappointed with Bose, their quality has reached new lows to increase their profit margins. When B&O and B&W are using REAL leather and metal it makes Bose products look like a joke with the pleather and plastic. Shame because they do have the sound quality down most of the time.

Not quite the fan of the in ear headphones so the QC20's are out, and unfortunately I have been so turned off by the brand now that I am not sure I will ever buy a Bose product. Sad considering my family and I have purchased so many of their products.