Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Max Q

RE: If Isis Were To Capture A U.S. Serviceman

Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:45 am

Quoting Superfly (Reply 99):
Put me in charge

Perhaps not.

How does being a libertarian translate in to contributing "nothing"?

If you haven't noticed there's no Libertarian party, it's like being a Caucasian, means nothing in fact its just
a cop out.

Ok, you're reciting a script from this point. I've read the same script over & over again back when I was a liberal.

No script, just the facts. Can you explain why you think Obama has been such a bad President (other than making fun of his name ? )

Yes I can vote an I do vote from abroad. I am a US citizen. So yes, I have plenty of skin in the game.

So who did you vote for in the last Presidential election ?

[Edited 2015-02-17 23:54:04]
The best contribution to safety is a competent Pilot.

GGg

Superfly

Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:06 am

Quoting Max Q (Reply 100):
If you haven't noticed there's no Libertarian party

Actually there is but I vote for both Democrats an Republicans. I'm Libertarian in my beliefs an ideology. Very few people are purely devoted to one political party. Very few people are 100% Democrat. Very few people are 100% Republican. No point in beating up on someone for not being 100% Libertarian.

(other than making fun of his name ? )

I've never made fun of his name.

So who did you vote for in the last Presidential election ?

To quote Hillary Clinton; what difference does it make?
In 2012, I voted for Romney.
In 2008, I voted for Obama.
Bring back the Concorde

Max Q

Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:26 am

Quoting Superfly (Reply 101):
Actually there is but I vote for both Democrats an Republicans.

Its a joke, why be part of something that can make no difference ?

It's pretty clear to my why Barack Hussein Obama will not mention Muslim terrorist. . .

You must be taking your cues from Fox, you know very well why you spelled out his whole name   

To quote Hillary Clinton; what difference does it make?

Sure you don't work for Fox ? you know you quoted her out of context.

In 2008, I voted for Obama.

Well, good for you, shame you wouldn't stay the course.

In 2012, I voted for Romney.

At least you voted for someone, thank god that idiot wasn't elected though.

Now what about my question, what is it about Obama you dislike so much and why has he been such a bad President ? (in your opinion)

[Edited 2015-02-18 00:34:21]

[Edited 2015-02-18 00:34:57]

GGg

Superfly

Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:37 am

Quoting Max Q (Reply 102):
Its a joke, why be part of something that can make no difference ?
Quoting Max Q (Reply 83):
Ok that's fine then who do you support ? or are you able to vote in the US ?
Point is its easy to criticize everyone but you have to stand for something.
Quoting Max Q (Reply 98):
So you don't take a stand on anything then ? that appears to be your position and it contributes nothing.

Contradicting questions an statements.

You must be taking your cues from Fox

Oh the horror. The Fox news card.

This is like the old days of Airliners.net all over again. Topics get derailed an reduced to one member attacking another for one comment that wasn't even the main purpose of the thread to begin with.
Bring back the Concorde

Max Q

Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:56 am

Quoting Superfly (Reply 103):
Contradicting questions an statements.

Not contradictory at all. The Libertarian 'party' can not make a difference, there are now and only will be two parties, with electable candidates. Democratic and Republican.

So you've decided to support an affiliation that is powerless, that IS contradictory and useless.

You say you voted for Obama then Romney, what about in 2000, and 2004 ?

And you still haven't answered the question, what is it about Obama that you find so objectionable ?

Oh the horror. The Fox news card.

Pretty realistic I thought.

This is like the old days of Airliners.net all over again. Topics get derailed an reduced to one member attacking another for one comment that wasn't even the main purpose of the thread to begin with.

You're just dodging questions Sfly, so far you're just a bunch of sound bites with nothing to back up your position (s)

GGg

Superfly

Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:38 am

Says the man that post nothing but soundbites. . .
Bring back the Concorde

skyservice_330

Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:42 pm

Quoting Dreadnought (Reply 84):
Superfly used to be a hard-core lefty, but he grew more intelligent with age...

So those who don't share your views are less intelligent? And to think, those on the right like to accuse the left of being 'elitist.'

It's pretty clear to my why Barack Hussein Obama will not mention Muslim terrorist. . .

You must be taking your cues from Fox, you know very well why you spelled out his whole name   

Because there are some who are are convinced that Obama is a Muslim (and won't acknowledge it) and that he puts his secret affection for Islam before his duties as the US President... and using his Muslim sounding middle name is a good way to reinforce this narrative. He is a Muslim who has infiltrated the highest office of the land, has ulterior motives, and can't be trusted because he / 'they' are bad, evil etc.

Some peddle the 'he is a Muslim' narrative (apparently the US President can't be Muslim?)
Some peddle the 'he is gay or bisexual and hides it' narrative
Some peddle the 'he is a communist and hides it' narrative
etc etc.

It isn't about debating facts and issues and politics - it is about tearing him down as a person on every level, and to do that they have concocted narratives to associate Obama with every conceivable 'menace' that can be expected to get a reaction from certain segments of the population. Standard 2014 playground politics and not worth reacting ... kind of along the lines of:
-The gays are out to get our children
-The feminists are out to ruin your son
-The environmentalists are out to steal my car

These all help to feed into the "we're under attack by evil forces" / "we're victims and targets of a dangerous and immoral world" narrative. Everyone wants to be a victim...

Dreadnought

Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:23 pm

Quoting skyservice_330 (Reply 106):
So those who don't share your views are less intelligent? And to think, those on the right like to accuse the left of being 'elitist.'

'Fly and I used to argue pretty hard in the old days - my comment was a nudge-nudge-wink-wink addressed to him more than you.

Because there are some who are are convinced that Obama is a Muslim (and won't acknowledge it) and that he puts his secret affection for Islam before his duties as the US President... and using his Muslim sounding middle name is a good way to reinforce this narrative. He is a Muslim who has infiltrated the highest office of the land, has ulterior motives, and can't be trusted because he / 'they' are bad, evil etc.

Some peddle the 'he is a Muslim' narrative (apparently the US President can't be Muslim?)
etc etc.

It isn't about debating facts and issues and politics - it is about tearing him down as a person on every level,

Funny how you say that about your opponents - because you do exactly the same thing you complain about. Anyone who stands up against Obama is a racist hater, a moron of some form or other.

Speaking for myself, I have a huge number of issues with Obama. Policy differences by the dozen, but firstly (chronologically speaking) is that he is a fraud. We were sold a bill of goods 6 years ago that he was super-smart, constitutional expert, Harvard Law Review etc etc. Now it's becoming understood that he was at best a very mediocre student who got to Harvard due to very high-powered sponsorship and affirmative action got him the Law Review job, although throughout his tenure he did not publish a single word signed by him, whether a by-line, article, opinion or whatever... 6 years down the road, he has yet to show a SINGLE instance of reflective or original thought that I can see. The ideas and programs he has pushed were all designed by others. His intelligence is at best, average - but he is a good and charismatic speaker. If all we wanted was a good public speaker, we could have hired George Clooney.
Democrats haven't been this angry since we took away their slaves.

skyservice_330

Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:03 pm

Quoting Dreadnought (Reply 107):

'Fly and I used to argue pretty hard in the old days - my comment was a nudge-nudge-wink-wink addressed to him more than you.

Fair enough... the internet doesn't always allow for sarcasm to be seen sometimes.

Quoting Dreadnought (Reply 107):
Funny how you say that about your opponents - because you do exactly the same thing you complain about. Anyone who stands up against Obama is a racist hater, a moron of some form or other.

?? I didn't use the words racist, hater, racist hater or moron in any part of my post so not sure where you are going with that... I certainly don't believe that every person that disagrees with Obama is racist or a moron (or 'less intelligent'   )

Do you deny those narratives have been peddled though?

Max Q

Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:15 am

Quoting Dreadnought (Reply 84):
Superfly used to be a hard-core lefty, but he grew more intelligent with age...

etc etc.

It isn't about debating facts and issues and politics - it is about tearing him down as a person on every level, and to do that they have concocted narratives to associate Obama with every conceivable 'menace' that can be expected to get a reaction from certain segments of the population. Standard 2014 playground politics and not worth reacting ... kind of along the lines of:
-The gays are out to get our children
-The feminists are out to ruin your son
-The environmentalists are out to steal my car

These all help to feed into the "we're under attack by evil forces" / "we're victims and targets of a dangerous and immoral world" narrative. Everyone wants to be a victim...

Well said Sky3, very well said.

GGg

flanker

Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:20 am

Obummer is at it again. Wasn't it just last week he railed on Christianity about things that happened 600-900 years ago?

So there's no such thing as terrorist Muslims and no religion is responsible for violence and terrorism?

HAAHAHAHAHAAH

http://nypost.com/2015/02/18/obama-r...ledge-muslim-terrorists-at-summit/

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...nsible-for-violence-and-terrorism/

Quoting WarRI1 (Reply 97):

That I will never understand.
Quoting Superfly (Reply 95):
Agreed!
Obama can't even acknowledge that Isis IS Islamic.

Someone should definitely have him read this article

http://www.theatlantic.com/features/...really-wants/384980/#disqus_thread

[Edited 2015-02-18 23:24:14]

Superfly

Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:52 am

etc etc.

If you don't mind me asking, do you write fiction for a living? That isn't meant to be an insult in any way, shape or form. It's just amazing that your imagination ran wild simply because I said the man's name. I've never poked fun of his name an the name his parents chose for him is the least of my concerns. I judge people by their actions and the company they keep - not the name their parents gave them. Perhaps you have some latent prejudice feelings of your own an those negative thoughts come to your mind.
By the way, I like Paula Abdul.

Getting back on topic, there is little to suggest that Obama would make a huge priority of getting US servicemen if captured by Isis. Obama didn't give a damn about Sgt Andrew Tahmooressi when he was captured in Mexico, so why should we believe Obama would care about our troops captured by Isis?
Things that get Obama's attention an kicks him in to action is when a thug robs a liquor store an starts fights with police officers. Also, YouTube videos mocking Muhammad will get Obama's attention an even will go through the trouble of giving speeches at the UN about it. These are just a tiny few of his many actions that leads me to believe that he wouldn't care much about our troops if captured by Isis. I hope I'm wrong in case this ever happens.
Let's just hope that never happens.

Quoting Flanker (Reply 110):
Obummer is at it again. Wasn't it just last week he railed on Christianity about things that happened 600-900 years ago?

Ain't that the truth. That is such a cop-out statement liberals an Islamist-apologist make. These Jihadist don't give a damn about what the Christians did 700 years ago. Even if that is the case, does that make Isis's actions justified today? What the Christians did 700 years ago is totally besides the point. Murdering people is wrong and should not get a free pass simply because they're doing it in the name of their chosen religion.

[Edited 2015-02-19 01:40:04]
Bring back the Concorde

bennett123

Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:32 am

"Held hostage".

He was in another country and broke their law if he is carrying guns.

Perhaps he should invest in a GPS or map.

Dreadnought

Thu Feb 19, 2015 1:50 pm

Quoting Flanker (Reply 110):

So there's no such thing as terrorist Muslims and no religion is responsible for violence and terrorism?

HAAHAHAHAHAAH

What I heard is him trying to lecture us about how WE need to be more accepting of THEIR religious values. :-/

I'm starting to think he might be mentally ill. He simply cannot deal with anything that does not fall within his ideological view of the world.
Democrats haven't been this angry since we took away their slaves.

Kiwirob

Thu Feb 19, 2015 2:21 pm

Quoting BMI727 (Reply 37):
Quoting Superfly (Reply 111):
Obama didn't give a damn about Sgt Andrew Tahmooressi when he was captured in Mexico

This is ridiculious ever by your standards.

Quote:
What we know about her 25-year-old son is that he acquitted himself with valor on the field of battle during two tours in Afghanistan, and made some whopping mistakes upon his return, including driving across the border on March 31 with three loaded guns in his truck, a serious violation of Mexican law, for which he is now on trial.

He's wasn't drving across the border under orders of the US Govt, so they really shouldn't waste time and effort on him any more than any non serving US citizen in the same situation.

WarRI1

Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:35 am

I watched what the President said. He was correct when he said that these people are terrorists, masquerading as holy people, true believers, carriers of the faith. Surely an over reaction by the opposition. Over 1 billion Muslims. Are we at war with them, or are we at war with Terrorism and murderers and animals in the name of the Muslim faith. I am certainly not in love with the Muslim Religion, nor any other, but we all have to be honest, much terror and killings have been done in the name of one religion or another.

[Edited 2015-02-19 18:45:46]
It is better to die on your feet, than live on your knees.

Max Q

Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:53 am

Quoting Superfly (Reply 111):
If you don't mind me asking, do you write fiction for a living? That isn't meant to be an insult in any way, shape or form. It's just amazing that your imagination ran wild simply because I said the man's name. I've never poked fun of his name an the name his parents chose for him is the least of my concerns. I judge people by their actions

A disingenuous reply, you know very well why you are using Obama's entire name. 'Hussein' in the middle conforms nicely and feeds into the ridiculous, ignorant rumors spread about him by the right, pick one:

Muslim, Nazi, communist, Islamist etc .

The more you protest Sfly the more your obvious biased agenda shows.

GGg

jetwet1

Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:04 am

Quoting stlgph (Reply 2):
I'm sure President Obama would happily take the time to "condemn" the act after he gets off the golf course.
Quoting Superfly (Reply 55):
If a US serviceman was captured & beheaded by Isis, Obama would still downplay the incident an continue to play golf.
Then he'd send Diana Ross to tell them to stop, in the name of love.
Quoting Superfly (Reply 72):
Yep, they're so scared because they're being released from Guantanamo Bay.
You Obama fan boys really think it's all settled because Osama Bin Laden was killed. There are millions more to go.

Hey, George W released Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi in 2004, just saying.

Anyways, just a small point, the service men and women of the USAF would like to thank you all for your support while they carry out 80% of the bombing raids against ISIS.

Sure the US could stand there and thump it's chest and point out this little fact, okay so it would probably draw the unwanted attention of every Muslim fundamentalist, giving them a reason to point to the Great Satan again, or hey, let Jordon and Egypt have the spot light, it is marginally harder for the ISIS to justify attack Muslim countries.

BTW, I do have to laugh at one thing, when Jordon fought back, Fox News presenters were falling over themselves to praise King Abdullah II and saying that President Obama should be like him, and hey, why not, great to see someone from the Arab world fighting back, whoever, it did dawn on me that King Abdullah II is a Muslim dictator and of course a King, something Fox News has been busy trying to show Obama is already and how eveil it is....Oh well, just a small thing at 1am.

Superfly

Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:27 am

Quoting Dreadnought (Reply 113):
What I heard is him trying to lecture us about how WE need to be more accepting of THEIR religious values. :-/

Hillary Clinton was saying the same thing and to add insult to injury, she thinks we need to empathize with these terrorist.

Quoting Dreadnought (Reply 113):
I'm starting to think he might be mentally ill. He simply cannot deal with anything that does not fall within his ideological view of the world.

No kidding. The man is in total denial. After getting slammed in the recent mid-term elections, he claimed that it wasn't a rebuke if his policies. Just a few weeks before the election, he stated that his polices were on the ballot. Evey last one of them.

Quoting jetwet1 (Reply 117):
Hey, George W released Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi in 2004, just saying.

There goes the Bush comparisons again.   

Quoting Max Q (Reply 116):
your obvious biased agenda shows.

I'm now being accused of having an agenda now.
Wow, that's news to me.
Bring back the Concorde

Max Q

Sun Feb 22, 2015 7:16 am

Quoting Superfly (Reply 118):
Hillary Clinton was saying the same thing and to add insult to injury, she thinks we need to empathize with these terrorist.

Kindly provide an example of this.

No kidding. The man is in total denial. After getting slammed in the recent mid-term elections, he claimed that it wasn't a rebuke if his policies. Just a few weeks before the election, he stated that his polices were on the ballot. Evey last one of them.

No, his policies have been groundbreaking and a huge step forward from the medieval thinking the right has imposed on us.

Just one example, 'Obamacare' allowed my son to stay on my insurance till age 26 and he was able to have a Cornea transplant, saving his sight. That alone puts me as a firm and unwavering Obama supporter.

There goes the Bush comparisons again.

You don't like that do you ?

Well, Bush represents the 'thinking' of your party Sfly, as much as you attempt to deny it.

[Edited 2015-02-21 23:17:18]

GGg

Superfly

Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:40 am

Quoting Max Q (Reply 119):
Kindly provide an example of this.

Lot's of information on there on this.

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner...thize-our-enemies-brendan-bordelon

Over 100 replies with you getting angry, yet you haven't stated anything about the topic. Tell us what you think Obama would do in case a US serviceman is captured.

Quoting Max Q (Reply 119):
Well, Bush represents the 'thinking' of your party Sfly, as much as you attempt to deny it.

I'm still a registered Democrat. I've been too lazy to switch to independent. Plus I like to vote in the primary. The thinking of the party I'm registered in is still represented by Barack Hussein Obama.
There I said it again!
Bwahaha!      
Bring back the Concorde

Max Q

Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:46 am

Quoting Superfly (Reply 120):
Over 100 replies with you getting angry, yet you haven't stated anything about the topic. Tell us what you think Obama would do in case a US serviceman is captured.

Rescue him (or her)

Quoting Superfly (Reply 120):

I'm still a registered Democrat. I've been too lazy to switch to independent. Plus I like to vote in the primary. The thinking of the party I'm registered in is still represented by Barack Hussein Obama.

Perhaps you need to decide what you believe in before lecturing others on the direction they should take.

Our Presidents name is a good one, if you can overcome your bigotry even you could accept it.

GGg