LAX772LR
Topic Author

George Zimmerman Blames It On Obama

Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:05 pm

I myself, suspect a more prosaic motive... ~Thranduil

mbmbos

RE: George Zimmerman Blames It On Obama

Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:53 pm

Why does this merit any attention at all? This man is a racist, a murderer and a psychopath.
"If I don't manage to fly, someone else will. The spirit wants only for there to be flying. As for who happens to do it, in that he has only a passing interest."
- R.M. Rilke

Tugger

Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:57 pm

Quoting mbmbos (Reply 1):
Why does this merit any attention at all? This man is a racist, a murderer and a psychopath.

You left out: And a moron, an idiot, a loser....

Tugg
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. - W. Shatner
There are many kinds of sentences that we think state facts about the world but that are really just expressions of our attitudes. - F. Ramsey

vikkyvik

Tue Mar 24, 2015 5:02 pm

Man, someone's missing the spotlight.

With that said, I never found Obama's "If I had a son, he would look like Trayvon" to be a particularly helpful comment.
I'm watching Jeopardy. The category is worst Madonna songs. "This one from 1987 is terrible".

DiamondFlyer

Tue Mar 24, 2015 5:50 pm

Quoting mbmbos (Reply 1):

Two of those statements aren't a crime, one wasn't proven beyond a reasonable doubt in a court. That said, Zimmerman needs to go away.

-DiamondFlyer
From my cold, dead hands

casinterest

Tue Mar 24, 2015 6:14 pm

I'd say it is just a matter of time before Zimmerman finds himself behind bars for good.

=========================================================================================

"Apart from the 2012 Martin shooting, Zimmerman has had other encounters with the law, including two incidents in 2005, five incidents in 2013 and other incidents in following years.[26]

In July 2005, when he was 21, Zimmerman was arrested after shoving an undercover alcohol-control agent while a friend of Zimmerman's was being arrested for underage drinking. The officer alleged that Zimmerman had said, "I don't care who you are," followed by a profanity, and had refused to leave the area after the officer had shown their badge.[27] The charges were subsequently dropped when Zimmerman entered a pre-trial diversion program that included anger-management classes.[3][28] Also in 2005, Zimmerman's ex-fiancée filed a restraining order against him, alleging domestic violence. Zimmerman requested a reciprocal restraining order. Both orders were granted.[3][29] These incidents were raised by prosecutors at Zimmerman's initial bond hearing. The judge described them as "run of the mill."[30][31]

On September 9, 2013, in Lake Mary, police responded to a 911 call by Zimmerman's estranged wife, who reported that Zimmerman had threatened her and her father with a gun and had punched her father in the face. Zimmerman was briefly detained and questioned by police.[32] No gun was found at the scene. Police took a broken iPad from the scene for examination of a video recording of the incident to determine whether to press charges against either Zimmerman or his wife.[33] His wife declined to press charges, later expressing regret about her decision.[34] After determining that the iPad video could not be recovered, the Lake Mary police department announced they would not be pressing charges against Zimmerman, his wife, or her father.[35]

On November 18, 2013, Zimmerman's girlfriend called the police alleging that after she had asked Zimmerman to leave her home, he had pointed a shotgun at her and begun breaking her belongings.[36] The police reported that Zimmerman had barricaded himself inside the apartment before they had made their way inside and arrested him.[37] He was charged with aggravated assault with a weapon – a felony – as well as domestic violence battery and criminal mischief.[38][39] On December 6, Zimmerman's girlfriend asked that the charges against Zimmerman be dropped and that the restraining order barring him from seeing her be lifted, after which prosecutors said that they would no longer be pursuing a case against him.[40][41]

On Tuesday September 9, 2014, George Zimmerman was named by police in a road rage incident where he reportedly threatened and followed another driver.[42] Zimmerman reportedly responded aggressively when he noticed another driver pointing at him. According to the other driver Zimmerman said "Do you know who I am?" before saying, "I'll (expletive) kill you." Zimmerman allegedly followed the other driver to a parking lot while the driver called 911, but he fled before the police arrived.[43] The other driver declined to press charges.

On January 9, 2015, Zimmerman was arrested by Lake Murray police and charged with aggravated assault with a weapon after allegedly throwing a wine bottle at his ex-girlfriend.[44] He was released on bond the following day.[45] The charges were later dropped after the complainant recanted her story. [46]
"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Zimmerman
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did..So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.--Mark Twain

bennett123

Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:23 pm

Sounds like a regular nice guy.

Moose135

Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:40 pm

Quoting casinterest (Reply 6):
I'd say it is just a matter of time before Zimmerman finds himself behind bars for good.

Or runs into someone else "standing his ground" who shoots him...
KC-135 - Passing gas and taking names!

LAX772LR
Topic Author

Wed Mar 25, 2015 4:19 am

Quoting Moose135 (Reply 7):
Or runs into someone else "standing his ground" who shoots him..

Or hell, runs into a real "thug" kid.

seb146

Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:18 am

This guy should have been punished for murdering an unarmed person.

BUT.....

All these people screaming for Zimmerman's death and so forth are sick. I saw some of the comments on Yahoo and various outlets and it just saddened and sickened me. This guy probably has mental issues. He needs help. At the very least, he needs to be in jail. At most, he needs professional counseling.

I know what some of you think of me and how you think I feel about this guy. As much as I want him punished for what he did to Trayvon and what he did to his ex girlfriends, I do NOT ever ever ever ever want to see him dead. Period. He needs a wake up call. But the comments I have seen are way W-A-Y too much and W-A-Y too far, IMO.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!

LAX772LR
Topic Author

Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:17 am

Quoting seb146 (Reply 9):
All these people screaming for Zimmerman's death and so forth are sick
...because they want a violent prick, and arguably a killer, to be dealt with?

THEY'RE the sick ones   

seb146

Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:37 am

Quoting LAX772LR (Reply 10):

Quoting seb146 (Reply 9):
All these people screaming for Zimmerman's death and so forth are sick
...because they want a violent prick, and arguably a killer, to be dealt with?

THEY'RE the sick ones

Maybe they don't understand that "eye for an eye makes the whole world blind"?
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!

LAX772LR
Topic Author

Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:02 am

Quoting seb146 (Reply 11):
Maybe they don't understand that "eye for an eye makes the whole world blind"?

Nah, they just realize that the alternative leaves criminals/assailants with two eyes and victims with one. What a great world that'd would be.  

Superfly

Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:25 am

Quoting LAX772LR (Thread starter):
I'm surprised that it took him this long.

He wouldn't be the first fmr. Obama supporter to turn against him.

The mainstream media likes to ignore the fact that George Zimmerman was an Obama supporting Hope & Change liberal.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm.../06/zimmerman-brother-voted-obama/

From the article;

he had a black business partner, has Afro-Peruvian roots, and helped out underprivileged black kids in his neighborhood – he also was a supporter of the very president who would later slander him by innuendo. As Robert, George’s brother, told me, George is “a registered Democrat. He registered as a Hispanic. He kind of did some internal family campaigning for Obama.”

Quoting vikkyvik (Reply 3):
I never found Obama's "If I had a son, he would look like Trayvon" to be a particularly helpful comment

Well said!

Quoting casinterest (Reply 5):

Excellent post.
Given his track record, Zimmerman won't be in the general public much longer.
Bring back the Concorde

mbmbos

Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:05 pm

Quoting Superfly (Reply 13):
Well said!

- George W. Bush didn't serve in the military...except for that (wink, wink) stint in the National Guard.
- Dick Cheney didn't serve in the military.
- George H.W. did.
- But you'd have to go all the way back to Eisenhower to find a another Republican President or Vice President who had served.

So what's the point of the poster? Is it proposing that if Obama had a son he'd be a punk? He'd be no good? Do you think the creator of the poster would go to all that work to create something that said Obama's son wouldn't join the Marines?

I don't think so. And if you're honest neither do you.

Fact is Obama has two, level-headed, well disciplined, high achieving daughters, which is in contrast to George Bush's daughters who have a rather checkered past.

I found Obama's post Zimmerman speech to be amazing. He presented it as a problem and a struggle. As always his rhetoric appeals to inclusiveness in solving problems. That those on the right saw it as a polemic is most revealing. They reveal more about their own weaknesses than they do about the President of the United States. And their (dimming) defense of Zimmerman is even more troubling.
"If I don't manage to fly, someone else will. The spirit wants only for there to be flying. As for who happens to do it, in that he has only a passing interest."
- R.M. Rilke

bgm

Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:16 pm

He wouldn't be the first fmr. Obama supporter to turn against him.

The mainstream media likes to ignore the fact that George Zimmerman was an Obama supporting Hope & Change liberal.
Quoting LAX772LR (Thread starter):
LOL, I'm surprised that it took him this long.

I know, I'm amazed he lasted out until post 13.  

travelavnut

Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:54 pm

He apparently also compared his ideals to Anne Frank. What an ignorant history-twisting sad little piece of sh*t.

"In the video, Zimmerman compared his ideals to those of Anne Frank, saying, “I still believe that people are truly good at heart, as Anne Frank has said, and I will put myself in any position to help another human in any way I can.”"
http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/m...e-frank-blames-obama-for-his-woes/

[Edited 2015-03-25 05:55:18]
Live From Amsterdam!

vikkyvik

Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:13 pm

Quoting mbmbos (Reply 14):
So what's the point of the poster? Is it proposing that if Obama had a son he'd be a punk? He'd be no good? Do you think the creator of the poster would go to all that work to create something that said Obama's son wouldn't join the Marines?

Pretty sure it's just supposed to piss people off. It's a completely pointless poster, that doesn't have much basis in fact, nor any real message.

Quoting LAX772LR (Reply 12):
Nah, they just realize that the alternative leaves criminals/assailants with two eyes and victims with one. What a great world that'd would be.

Better than a world where we put potentially innocent people to death.
I'm watching Jeopardy. The category is worst Madonna songs. "This one from 1987 is terrible".

scamp

Wed Mar 25, 2015 4:44 pm

Quoting casinterest (Reply 5):

That, or just another criminal in Congress. Seriously. He should just find an equally bigoted electorate in one of the flyover states and would probably get a lot of support.
If it pisses off the right, I'm all for it.

LAX772LR
Topic Author

Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:41 pm

fmr. Obama supporter

That doesn't seem to be supported by sources other than Brietbart and the National Examiner. Hmm  

Quoting bgm (Reply 15):
I know, I'm amazed he lasted out until post 13.

LOL, not here... so much as the "reform Islam" thread.  

Quoting vikkyvik (Reply 17):
Better than a world where we put potentially innocent people to death.

Says who?

vikkyvik

Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:49 pm

Quoting LAX772LR (Reply 19):
Quoting vikkyvik (Reply 17): Better than a world where we put potentially innocent people to death.
Says who?

Uh, says me? Considering I'm the one who typed it....

But anyway, don't want to turn this into a death penalty debate thread.

LAX772LR
Topic Author

Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:03 pm

Quoting vikkyvik (Reply 20):
Uh, says me?

And anyone else would take that as authoritative, why, again?

Quoting vikkyvik (Reply 20):
But anyway, don't want to turn this into a death penalty debate thread.

Little late on that one  

vikkyvik

Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:23 pm

Quoting LAX772LR (Reply 21):
And anyone else would take that as authoritative, why, again?

Same reason anyone else would take this as authoritative:

Quoting LAX772LR (Reply 12):
Nah, they just realize that the alternative leaves criminals/assailants with two eyes and victims with one. What a great world that'd would be

...or, you know, anything said by anyone ever on an internet forum.

LAX772LR
Topic Author

Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:21 pm

Quoting vikkyvik (Reply 22):
Same reason anyone else would take this as authoritative:

'cept that I'm not claiming to be the originator nor authority behind that retort, against the common "whole world blind" statement. Try again.

vikkyvik

Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:03 pm

Quoting LAX772LR (Reply 23):
'cept that I'm not claiming to be the originator nor authority behind that retort, against the common "whole world blind" statement. Try again.

Quite simple, really. Show me where I claimed to be an authority.

LAX772LR
Topic Author

Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:42 pm

Quoting vikkyvik (Reply 24):
Show me where I claimed to be an authority.

You need help with this? Meh, okay... scroll up 5 posts.

Quoting travelavnut (Reply 16):
What an ignorant history-twisting sad little piece of sh*t.

That's arguably been the entirety of this case since the Martin killing itself.