Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

photopilot
Topic Author

Indiana's First Church Of Cannabis

Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:48 pm

Fixing one problem and creating another. Ya just have to love it when politicians can't see the forest for the trees!!!!

Whoops: Indiana’s anti-gay ‘religious freedom’ act opens the door for the First Church of Cannabis

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2015/03/w...-for-the-first-church-of-cannabis/

In a classic case of “unintended consequences,” the recently signed Religious Freedom Restoration Act (RFRA) in Indiana may have opened the door for the establishment of the First Church of Cannabis in the Hoosier State.

While Governor Mike Pence (R) was holding a signing ceremony for the bill allowing businesses and individuals to deny services to gays on religious grounds or values, paperwork for the First Church of Cannabis Inc. was being filed with the Secretary of State’s office.

You have to wonder what other crazy "religious rites" might spring forth from this law.

einsteinboricua

RE: Indiana's First Church Of Cannabis

Mon Mar 30, 2015 4:35 pm

Can't the CotFSM merge with this church? It would help me reach enlightenment faster to be in holy communion with his Noodliness.

Revelation

Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:22 pm

Quoting photopilot (Thread starter):
You have to wonder what other crazy "religious rites" might spring forth from this law.

From what I've heard of parts of Indiana (and many other US states) we should not be surprised this spawn a First Church of Meth...

DeltaMD90

Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:58 pm

Huh? This law only applies to Christianity, the only true, American religion. Duh!  

DocLightning

Tue Mar 31, 2015 1:47 am

It's an interesting idea, but the SCOTUS has already ruled that people claiming to be of a Native American religion couldn't use peyote.

So my guess is that they'll get the smackdown. I do (sincerely) wish them the best of luck, though!

luckyone

Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:57 pm

Quoting Revelation (Reply 2):
From what I've heard of parts of Indiana (and many other US states) we should not be surprised this spawn a First Church of Meth...

Most rural areas that have large numbers of unemployed young whites have a meth problem. When I lived in NE Georgia it was interesting to see the cultural drug habits: meth was almost exclusively a white drug, while crack was more a black one. We don't see it as much in the cities because cooking meth smells bad, really bad, but it does make its way in small amounts.

DocLightning

Fri Apr 03, 2015 3:13 am

As for the Pastafarians, rum and beer are both sacred beverages to us.

Perhaps this can get Pastafarian restauranteurs around intrusive liquor laws that restrict our sacrament.

EA CO AS

Sat Apr 04, 2015 1:36 am

Quoting photopilot (Thread starter):
the bill allowing businesses and individuals to deny services to gays on religious grounds or values,

So that's all the bill does, eh? It's an anti-LGBT bill and nothing else?   

WestJet747

Sat Apr 04, 2015 2:12 pm

Quoting DocLightning (Reply 6):

Here! Here!

“Accept His Noodly Magnificence into your heart, into your soul, and ye shall forever be free. R'Amen.”

DocLightning

Sat Apr 04, 2015 4:56 pm

Quoting EA CO AS (Reply 7):
It's an anti-LGBT bill and nothing else?

It was primarily an anti-LGBT bill brought by people who have publicly stated that teh geigh is contagious, that we rape little kids, that we're sick and need to be cure, and even a few who think we should be round up and shot/gassed/shipped off to our own island (funny, I thought that was Manhattan).

mham001

Sat Apr 04, 2015 5:12 pm

Quoting DocLightning (Reply 9):

Probably brought by people who don't want to associate with you. I see this every day when I walk by a woman's-only business. What's the difference again?

DocLightning

Sat Apr 04, 2015 5:53 pm

Quoting mham001 (Reply 10):
Probably brought by people who don't want to associate with you. I see this every day when I walk by a woman's-only business. What's the difference again?

No, it is brought by people who want to kidnap gay boys and torture them straight, among others.

You don't get what it's like to have some people want you dead just for being alive, do you?

photopilot
Topic Author

Sat Apr 04, 2015 11:47 pm

Quoting DocLightning (Reply 11):
You don't get what it's like to have some people want you dead just for being alive, do you?

Oh, you mean like Blacks, Jews, Christians, Muslims, etc, etc, etc.......

There's always someone somewhere who hates others just for being what they are, and gays have no lock on that to the exclusion of others. Welcome to the real world.

WestJet747

Sun Apr 05, 2015 12:11 am

Quoting Photopilot (Reply 12):
Oh, you mean like Blacks, Jews, Christians, Muslims, etc, etc, etc.......

There's always someone somewhere who hates others just for being what they are, and gays have no lock on that to the exclusion of others. Welcome to the real world.

Remind me again where in the United States discrimination against any of those groups is legislated?