Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

LAX772LR
Topic Author

Harry Reid Now Half Blind, Truly Accident?

Fri Apr 17, 2015 5:48 am

In an interview for NBC, Harry Reid disclosed that he's now permanently blind in his right eye. He also had fractures in his facial plates and partial hemorrhaging..... all allegedly from a "large rubber band"

Pass the smell test?

There's been quite a bit of speculation that he may have been the victim of assault in Nevada, from less-than-honorable associates. I haven't really don't any research on this, and quite frankly, wonder if it's worth even looking into.

Anyone else seen any evidence to suggest that anything other than the official story is accurate?
I myself, suspect a more prosaic motive... ~Thranduil

Superfly

RE: Harry Reid Now Half Blind, Truly Accident?

Fri Apr 17, 2015 7:11 am

Quoting LAX772LR (Thread starter):
I haven't really don't any research on this, and quite frankly, wonder if it's worth even looking into.

But you go ahead and start a thread about it any way complete with a photo.  

Politics aside, anyone who assaults an elderly man like this is a despicable human being.
He is still a 75 year old senior citizen and it's wrong to beat up on the elderly.

Many are starting to question what happened. Mostly people on the right but their speculation has some merit.

Possibly his brother Larry.

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/20...4/15/what_i_heard_about_harry_reid

[Edited 2015-04-17 00:13:51]
Bring back the Concorde

Superfly

Fri Apr 17, 2015 7:30 am

The way Rush Limbaugh explains in this video sounds plausible. Not saying this is fact or anything but I have a hard time believing the 'official' story Harry Reid released.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZA43kj2Z8U
Bring back the Concorde

TheCommodore

Fri Apr 17, 2015 7:37 am

Quoting Superfly (Reply 2):
He is still a 75 year old senior citizen and it's wrong to beat up on the elderly.

Its wrong to beat up anyone, regardless of age   
“At first, they'll only dislike what you say, but the more correct you start sounding the more they'll dislike you.”

aloges

Fri Apr 17, 2015 7:52 am

How can one

Quoting Superfly (Reply 3):
have a hard time believing the 'official' story Harry Reid released

and believe that what

Quoting Superfly (Reply 3):
Rush Limbaugh explains in this video sounds plausible

? Reid was there, naturally, and Limbaugh is a media personality who has less interest in making a truthful statement than he has in keeping people tuned in.   
Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.

Superfly

Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:01 am

Stumbled across another story that has more theories as to what happened and stirs up doubt about the 'official story' Reid has released to the public.
Reid's story isn't adding up. Even Harry Reid isn't dumb enough to use a glass shower partition to anchor an exercise belt. Yet he expects the public to buy it.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...se-accident-story-does-not-add-up/
Bring back the Concorde

sccutler

Fri Apr 17, 2015 4:41 pm

I guess I don't get it; why did Reid feel obliged to give any explanation at all? He should simply say, "I had an accident at home," and leave it at that. The press eventually gets tired of asking questions when they don't get answers they can use. Honestly, the apparent gaps in his story have raised a lot more suspicion into something which, had he declined to engage in story-telling, should have remained his personal business.

Ask Bill "I did not have sexual relations with that woman" Clinton about how well it works when you make stuff up…
...three miles from BRONS, clear for the ILS one five approach...

LAX772LR
Topic Author

Fri Apr 17, 2015 6:04 pm

Quoting TheCommodore (Reply 3):
Its wrong to beat up anyone, regardless of age

Meh, I think the world would be a better place if a lot more people (especially politicians) still got a solid ass-whoopin' when they screwed around with other people's lives.

Quoting sccutler (Reply 12):
Honestly, the apparent gaps in his story have raised a lot more suspicion

Quoting sccutler (Reply 12):
Ask Bill "I did not have sexual relations with that woman" Clinton about how well it works when you make stuff up

And David Patraeus. And John Edwards. And John Ensign. And Anthony Weiner. And David Vitter. And..... geez, I don't get it, with these busted politicians: just tell the truth, the media won't have any artillery left.

flanker

Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:38 pm

The old fart got his ass beat. It's plain as day to see that. "rubber band" my ass.

seb146

Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:29 am

The way Rush Limbaugh explains in this video sounds plausible

If Rush said it, we should just believe it and carry on. Nothing more to question.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!

sccutler

Sat Apr 18, 2015 1:43 pm

Quoting seb146 (Reply 15):

The way Rush Limbaugh explains in this video sounds plausible

If Rush said it, we should just believe it and carry on. Nothing more to question.

You could do that, but it is rarely a sound policy. Listen, evaluate, consider.

Blindly following politicians or public figures inevitably leads to bad policy. Example: The "Affordable Care Act."

seb146

Sat Apr 18, 2015 4:25 pm

Quoting sccutler (Reply 16):
You could do that, but it is rarely a sound policy. Listen, evaluate, consider.

Which is what people outside the Fox/Rush bubble try to explain. This country is inundated with right-wing "facts" which are countered by left wing "facts" and are IMMEDIATELY dismissed by the parrots on the right because those left wing "facts" don't count or are not consistent with what Fox/Rush say.

Example: climate change.

Example: The "Affordable Care Act."

Ah, yes. How terrible it is that people can afford to go to the doctor. Isn't it a crying shame that the party of life and Jesus hate that people are able to stay well? Also, what is the proposal to take the place of ACA?

DocLightning

Sat Apr 18, 2015 4:43 pm

Blindly following politicians or public figures inevitably leads to bad policy. Example: The "Affordable Care Act."

Yes, horrible policy. Prices of healthcare are growing more slowly than even supporters suspected, uninsured rate is dropping, doctors haven't quit in droves, and the world hasn't ended.

And if you have a pre-existing condition like, say, asthma, you are free to quit your job and start your own company without having to wonder where you'll get health insurance from.
-Doc Lightning-

"The sky calls to us. If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars."
-Carl Sagan

L-188

Sat Apr 18, 2015 5:33 pm

Quoting DocLightning (Reply 18):
Yes, horrible policy.

Yup, Forcing people to pay through the nose for policies with six thousand dollar deductibles while deadbeats, goldbricks, drug users, illegal immigrants get theirs for free and still go to the ER for routine non-emergency care.

As far as Harry Reid leaving congress. This is only a good thing for the country. The only downside is that the next two demon-rats in line Schumer and Durbin(?) are well known gun-grabbers who don't know what a civil right is.

I wish Reid the best future, which considering his eye condition is clearly going to a retirement gig as a major league umpire.
OBAMA-WORST PRESIDENT EVER....Even SKOORB would be better.

DocLightning

Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:16 pm

Quoting L-188 (Reply 19):
Yup, Forcing people to pay through the nose for policies with six thousand dollar deductibles while deadbeats, goldbricks, drug users, illegal immigrants get theirs for free and still go to the ER for routine non-emergency care.

difference being that under the old system the deadbeats et al still got theirs for free but the hardworking people got nothing.

Now does anyone here know what happened to Mr. Reid? Do you have evidence? If so, share it.

Rules:
Breitbart, Rush Limbaugh, NaturalNews, etc. are not sources.
-Doc Lightning-

"The sky calls to us. If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars."
-Carl Sagan

bjorn14

Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:05 pm

I am going with Vito and Rocco paid him a visit or maybe Zhao and Ding. BTW, he says he is permanently blind in that eye.
"I want to know the voice of God the rest is just details" --A. Einstein

Okie

Sat Apr 18, 2015 11:59 pm

Quoting DocLightning (Reply 20):
Now does anyone here know what happened to Mr. Reid? Do you have evidence? If so, share it.

The broken ribs to go along with the facial skeletal damage and loss of eye does not sound too particularly consistent to me.
Tiger Woods got fewer injuries from ramming a tree and an angry woman with a golf club. 
Quoting DocLightning (Reply 20):
Rules:
Breitbart, Rush Limbaugh, NaturalNews, etc. are not sources.

That is OK, as soon as SNL does a skit it will be considered fact. No telling what country Harry Reid can see from his bathroom.  

Okie

solarflyer22

Sun Apr 19, 2015 2:07 am

I'm sure there is more to this and the cover story is a lie. I think he was also asked to step down because when it leaks, he will be liability to the Democratic party.

Years ago I a waiter at Mcormicks and Schmick in DC told me that Newt Gingrich was rumored to have had an affair of his own while he was getting Clinton impeached. The GOP asked him to resign because they knew it would be a colossal scandal if it leaked. Years later, it finally did and it confirmed he did in fact have an affair while prosecuting Clinton. I suspect in a few years we will hear the real story.

seb146

Sun Apr 19, 2015 5:43 am

Quoting solarflyer22 (Reply 24):
I'm sure there is more to this and the cover story is a lie. I think he was also asked to step down because when it leaks, he will be liability to the Democratic party.

Until a legitimate news source (not Fox) says something, it will be met with much skepticism.

As far as:

Quoting solarflyer22 (Reply 24):
Newt Gingrich

He was already a known womanizer while he was going after Clinton. But, Fox/Rush et al. refused to cover that.

solarflyer22

Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:27 pm

Quoting seb146 (Reply 26):
He was already a known womanizer while he was going after Clinton. But, Fox/Rush et al. refused to cover that.

Interesting, I honestly didn't know that and in the pre-internet era it was hard to know. Information like that doesn't make into the Washington Post, Times or NBC news which was honestly all people had to go by back then. I am sure the waiter noticed Newt dining with his concubines or overheard it at the restaurant. Wish I'd known back then.

flanker

Sun Apr 19, 2015 4:50 pm

Once again, how are you people getting so off topic? This POS senator got his ass beat, those wounds/bruises don't lie.

Boeing717200

Sun Apr 19, 2015 7:05 pm

Quoting Flanker (Reply 33):

There is rhetoric, then there are liars. He's the later nevermind being an outright obstructionist. Given his attitude with regard to politics and the crap he pulled with Romney and the tax issue, for which he shows no remorse, there is no doubt someone else caught up with him over something else. This guy is a piece of crap. If he didn't get his ass beat, then Karma.

[Edited 2015-04-19 12:06:30]
240 years and the top two candidates are named Dumb and Dumber. Stay classy!

L-188

Sun Apr 19, 2015 9:54 pm

Once again, how are you people getting so off topic? This POS senator got his ass beat, those wounds/bruises don't lie

So here is the question. Who gains by Reid covering up an assault?

I don't think the democrats do because they would hold it over the republicans head
I don't think the republicans do because the democrats would hold it over their head

Who else would gain?

mham001

Sun Apr 19, 2015 10:03 pm

Quoting L-188 (Reply 35):
Who else would gain?

Reid.

LAX772LR
Topic Author

Sun Apr 19, 2015 10:12 pm

Quoting Boeing717200 (Reply 34):
He's the later nevermind being an outright obstructionist.

Isn't that the M.O. of the modern Congress?

Who *isn't* an "obstructionist" nowadays?

seb146

Mon Apr 20, 2015 4:38 am

This POS senator got his ass beat,

Probably by Cliven Bundy's thugs.

Quoting LAX772LR (Reply 37):
Isn't that the M.O. of the modern Congress?

It is only "obstruction" when Democrats do it. When right wingers do it, it is patriotic.

Max Q

Mon Apr 20, 2015 5:03 am

Quoting DocLightning (Reply 18):

Yes, horrible policy. Prices of healthcare are growing more slowly than even supporters suspected, uninsured rate is dropping, doctors haven't quit in droves, and the world hasn't ended.

And if you have a pre-existing condition like, say, asthma, you are free to quit your job and start your own company without having to wonder where you'll get health insurance from.

You right wing nuts can shove it, if it wasn't for 'Obama care' my son would not have been able to stay on my insurance until 26 and have a Cornea transplant, saving his sight in one eye.

You have zero compassion, only thinking about how it will affect your taxes while disregarding the fate of your fellow man and it will cost you the next election as well.

You are dinosaurs now.
The best contribution to safety is a competent Pilot.

GGg

seb146

Mon Apr 20, 2015 6:28 am

Quoting Max Q (Reply 39):
You have zero compassion

This is what I am talking about with right winger. They don't get it. Always going off on how much they love the Jesus and how this is a "Christian" nation but still try everything in their power to shut out the people who work. The ones who contribute. The people with money like Bachmann and Romney and Palin and Limbaugh and everyone at Fox. They all preach about Christianity and greed and Bible and me first because they are all the same in their eyes.

They don't get it. The just do not get it. Show them the irony and their only response is "But Obama....!"

Max Q

Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:50 am

Quoting seb146 (Reply 40):
This is what I am talking about with right winger. They don't get it. Always going off on how much they love the Jesus and how this is a "Christian" nation but still try everything in their power to shut out the people who work. The ones who contribute. The people with money like Bachmann and Romney and Palin and Limbaugh and everyone at Fox. They all preach about Christianity and greed and Bible and me first because they are all the same in their eyes.

They don't get it. The just do not get it. Show them the irony and their only response is "But Obama....!"

Life in the wall is a drag.

I couldn't agree more, they are the most hypocritical selfish self righteous idiots I know with few exceptions.

And that's why they will lose the next election, they are clueless.
The best contribution to safety is a competent Pilot.

GGg

slider

Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:58 pm

Quoting Superfly (Reply 10):
Reid's story isn't adding up. Even Harry Reid isn't dumb enough to use a glass shower partition to anchor an exercise belt. Yet he expects the public to buy it.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...se-accident-story-does-not-add-up/

His story doesn't add up. But when you get rolled by the powers-that-be that run Vegas, you don't talk about it. It's always an "accident"...

L-188

Mon Apr 20, 2015 3:44 pm

Quoting Max Q (Reply 39):
You right wing nuts can shove it, if it wasn't for 'Obama care' my son would not have been able to stay on my insurance until 26 and have a Cornea transplant, saving his sight in one eye.

I'm glad your sons operation was a success but it is sad that at what 18-25 he isn't able to take care of himself.

Your supposed to be an adult and pay your own way at eighteen you know.

This prevision of Obummercare is the antithesis of that.

einsteinboricua

Mon Apr 20, 2015 4:39 pm

Quoting L-188 (Reply 44):
but it is sad that at what 18-25 he isn't able to take care of himself.

What is sad is people stating that things that are out of their control is somehow their fault. A kid is born with a condition that doesn't manifest itself or can't be treated until much later is somehow not taking care of themselves?

This prevision of Obummercare is the antithesis of that.

So a parent being able to keep their kids on their insurance while they go to college and try to build a life without the added burden of insurance is bad? They have to work for it...and this comes from the same side that says raising the minimum wage is bad all while saying that lowering education costs is not a priority.

Makes perfect sense.
"You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky."

seb146

Mon Apr 20, 2015 5:26 pm

Your supposed to be an adult and pay your own way at eighteen you know.

Not everyone can. Plus, not everyone can afford for-profit health care and make too much working to get on state assisted health care. So, your suggestion is the typical compassionate right wing "America is a Christian nation" stance and let people die because they can not afford health care.

What any of that has to do with Harry Ried slipping on the tread mill is a mystery to me!

L-188

Mon Apr 20, 2015 5:53 pm

Quoting seb146 (Reply 50):
Plus, not everyone can afford for-profit health care

Umm, that is exactly what Obamacare is, the government mandating the purchasing of a for profit product. That is why insurers pushed so hard for it.

And there this is this fantasy robin hood-est about taking from the working and giving to the lazy..

LAX772LR
Topic Author

Mon Apr 20, 2015 6:26 pm

Quoting L-188 (Reply 51):
And there this is this fantasy robin hood-est about taking from the working and giving to the lazy..

That people like you constantly push, while often ignoring that the only detrimental welfare to the economy is that given to corporations, many of who are vastly profitable in their own right without such.

L-188

Mon Apr 20, 2015 6:46 pm

Quoting LAX772LR (Reply 52):
That people like you constantly push, while often ignoring that the only detrimental welfare to the economy is that given to corporations, many of who are vastly profitable in their own right without such

Who said I was for corporate welfare. Actually I would suggest that passing a law that requires people to buy your product is the biggest corporate welfare scam out there

LAX772LR
Topic Author

Mon Apr 20, 2015 7:03 pm

Quoting L-188 (Reply 53):
Actually I would suggest that passing a law that requires people to buy your product is the biggest corporate welfare scam out there

Perhaps, but consider the alternative:
Let's let millions of people, many who have no significant disposable income, drive uninsured; while trusting that they have sufficient resources to amend any accident scenarios/results they cause.

Let's let companies operate planes, trains, ships, and 18wheelers uninsured; while trusting that they have sufficient resources to amend any accident scenarios/results they cause.

Yeahhhh, pretty sure it's cheaper for the nation at large to require everyone to have insurance. Surprised it took this long.

seb146

Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:47 pm

taking from the working and giving to the lazy..

Ah, yes. The "lazy"... That would be the people who have to work two or three low wage jobs because the company they worked for before downsized and took all the pensions people paid into, stopped providing access to affordable health care and recorded record profits that same quarter. I suppose these are the same lazy people who use food stamps to go on luxury cruises?

Have you done any actual research on who actually receives things like food stamps and ACA or do you just believe what Fox tells you?

EDIT:

BTW, here is some information on all those lazy Americans:

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2011/1...odzilla-vs-Ants?detail=facebook_sf

[Edited 2015-04-20 15:18:19]

sccutler

Tue Apr 21, 2015 2:28 am

Plus, not everyone can afford for-profit health care

Umm, that is exactly what Obamacare is, the government mandating the purchasing of a for profit product. That is why insurers pushed so hard for it.

If the ACA actually accomplished that - or anything close to that - it could be said to have accomplished *something* of substantive value. But, it does not.

Like many things governmental, the principal effect of the ACA, when it reaches its full bloom, will be to substantially increase the regulatory burden on business, make routine health care less available to the large majority of Americans (yes, less available, not more available) and, of course, cost a significant number of productive jobs.

More's the pity, because it might have been an opportunity to do something useful.

LAX772LR
Topic Author

Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:47 am

Quoting sccutler (Reply 56):
make routine health care less available to the large majority of Americans (yes, less available, not more available)

What hog tripe.  

Spend five seconds talking with someone who COULD NOT GET health insurance before, and now can, and you'll learn how ridiculous of a statement that actually is.

sccutler

Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:55 am

Quoting LAX772LR (Reply 57):
Quoting sccutler (Reply 56):
make routine health care less available to the large majority of Americans (yes, less available, not more available)

What hog tripe.  

Spend five seconds talking with someone who COULD NOT GET health insurance before, and now can, and you'll learn how ridiculous of a statement that actually is.

Hog tripe, indeed.

"Hog tripe" is the bizarrely naive belief that a system which adds massive additional expense to the provision of health insurance and compels a dramatic increase in deductibles can actually increase availability of health care; it does not. What happens when a typical (non-wealthy) family has its deductible increased from a grand or $1,500.00 to $6,000.00? This is the question being answered daily, and the answer does not begin with, "...I had a bucket ofmoney I did not need, so I spent it on routine health care."

More "hog tripe" would be the belief that a taxation scheme (no matter how it is named, the ACA is a tax scheme) which extracts money to the federal government without any linkage at all to the actual provision of health care (no linkage at all, funds collected go straight to general revenue) will somehow, magically, improve healthcare. It does not.

Fascinating construct, really, something I get to witness on a daily basis, from hundreds of small businesses (which represent the majority of jobs). The sheer cost of insuring in a post-ACA world has cost thousands of jobs, and it is getting worse.

It is, indeed, opportunity lost, because (as has been anecdotally referenced above) there have been issues needing attention in the health care system - but the ACA is such a cluster-duck of special-interest finagling and misplaced social engineering (and downright meddling) that it can be likened to brain surgery with a hatchet. It is, at its core, exactly the kind of thing you expect to get when you cram through a massive and all-encompassing piece of legislation, with the principal goal of passing *something* through legislative deceit without taking some reasonable measures to ensure that the something they passed would actually help.

Promises. We were promised that, with the ACA, we'd have less-costly health care and insurance, and that has not happened. This result is not a surprise to those possessed of reasonably decent math skills.

bjorn14

Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:26 am

Quoting seb146 (Reply 55):

You accuse Fox News of being Faux News and yet you use the Daily Kos as a reputable source. Oh the irony.

"I want to know the voice of God the rest is just details" --A. Einstein

Pyrex

Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:50 am

Whatever happened to Harry Reid, couldn't have happened to a nicer gentleman... he has his tentacles deeply embedded in the Nevada political machine, though, so I am sure whoever succeeds him (likely another Reid) will be nothing but a puppet of ol'Harry.
Read this very carefully, I shall write this only once!

Boeing717200

Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:28 pm

Quoting LAX772LR (Reply 57):

Spend about two minutes talking to a person who works with people who work for a Federal Government Agency that's been around a decade or so and ask them how they think their health care will be once the newness wears off. Everything the government touches pretty much turns to shit after 10-15 years. This will be no different. Please come back then to discuss the matter.

Yes, some people that didn't have insurance now have insurance. It's crap premiums and deductibles, but they have insurance. On the other hand, some people had fantastic coverage and because they could no longer afford that fantastic coverage they now have mediocre coverage with higher premiums and/or deductibles. But hey, as long as people are insured right?

[Edited 2015-04-21 05:36:49]

Boeing717200

Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:42 pm

Not everyone can. Plus, not everyone can afford for-profit health care and make too much working to get on state assisted health care. So, your suggestion is the typical compassionate right wing "America is a Christian nation" stance and let people die because they can not afford health care.

What any of that has to do with Harry Ried slipping on the tread mill is a mystery to me!

If we were talking about early 20 something's that were full time students it would be one thing, but well before 26 you better have it together and be on your own or you're pretty much not going to make it. Or maybe if you're that dependent at that age then you aren't ready to take on the responsibility to drink or vote.

Rubber band or treadmill? Better get a straight story going. People might think he's lying again.

[Edited 2015-04-21 06:03:45]

sccutler

Tue Apr 21, 2015 1:18 pm

(Back on topic)

So I'm still trying to figure out why what happened to Harry Reid, how he was injured (and clearly, he was injured badly) is any of my business.

WarRI1

Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:20 pm

Quoting sccutler (Reply 63):

So I'm still trying to figure out why what happened to Harry Reid, how he was injured (and clearly, he was injured badly) is any of my business.

I can certainly answer that in one word. Politics. No two words Politics/news.
It is better to die on your feet, than live on your knees.

seb146

Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:33 pm

Quoting WarRI1 (Reply 64):
I can certainly answer that in one word. Politics. No two words Politics/news.

Does anyone have facts to back up this claim that he was Guido'd?

Michelle "crazy eyes" Bachmann is no longer in the representative from the 6th District of Minnesota. Mrs. Insanity ran for president in 2012 but dropped out early on. Those are the facts. The real possible reason bat crap crazy lady is no longer in politics is she was forced out by a brewing scandal involving her sham marriage. There may be solid information out there that Marcus hired male escorts for a week of "partying" while the brain dead wife was in DC blathering on about nothing in particular.

I wrote this for two reasons:

1: My argument sounds terrible and completely without merit when I use demeaning words to describe someone. It makes my argument sound even more ridiculous.

2: Like people are doing with Harry Reid, I am simply "filling in the blanks." I don't have any information that Marcus did all that. But, no one is saying anything, so why not?

Quoting bjorn14 (Reply 59):
You accuse Fox News of being Faux News and yet you use the Daily Kos as a reputable source.

If Fox ever runs a story on how "lazy" Americans are using the exact same graphs as Daily Kos, I will cite them. But, since Fox cares not for the huge majority of working Americans, I have to cite sources outside the right wing echo chamber.

mham001

Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:40 pm

Quoting sccutler (Reply 63):

Well it would be good to know if and/or how he is being influenced by unknown and possibly dangerous people, and what he is possibly hiding, since he does still lead almost half the members of the most powerful club on earth. It's comes with a public life.

seb146

Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:55 pm

Quoting mham001 (Reply 66):
Well it would be good to know if and/or how he is being influenced by unknown and possibly dangerous people

If it were Koch Bros. or Sheldon Adleson or the Walton family, there would be no story here.